The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
spurslegend
shearspur
seebee1944
anicoll5
BazSpur
LOBO
10 posters

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford move

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 Empty Re: Jimmy Greaves on the stratford move

Post by anicoll5 Tue Jan 25 2011, 21:14

If you look at The Emirates Jim you will see that Arsenal took it on the chin building social housing, taking the risk on private and commercial development and moving a bloody waste transfer station a mile up the road so the new stadium could be built.

If Spuds want to redevelop WHL then you can - but it all depends on access to funding which, as I have mentioned for a while, Spuds have very little chance of securing in the present uncertain financial climate. - and so it has proved

It might well be in Levy's interest to create the myth of LBH's wickedness and greed - truth is the money is not there

On the more general point didn't Levy actually agree with LBH, English Heritage, TfL etc about all these different elements in the scheme when planning permission was agreed in May 2010 ? So what has changed ?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 3 Empty Re: Jimmy Greaves on the stratford move

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 25 2011, 22:09

SuneJim wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:Building a few flats and houses as part of a £450 million project ?
    Christ almighty what an outrageous suggestion

Yeah it is it's a fcuking disgrace being held to ransom by a council so we build housing for a bunch of immigrants that have no affiliation with Spurs & have made the area the sh*t hole it is.

We want to take the next step we need to compete financially & the demands being made on us from Haringey Council have made refurbishing WHL virtually impossible & stay on a sturdy financial footing,, the more people start to realise the bloody better instead of whinging on about the history & the heart of an area that is dead now.

Daniel Levy has stated today that whether we get the Olympic Stadium or not we're not staying at WHL because of all the impositions being imposed on us. So get used to it, i have. I'm enjoying champions league & being touted as possible Premiership Winners for however long it's lasted & i know we need to bring in more money especially with the new laws about your income being brought into the game soon, so if we have to move to keep that going then so be it. By wanting to stay at WHL no matter what your caring more about our history than our future & that's just short sighted & narrow minded.

Sorry about the swearing but i'm really emotional about this i love Spurs i love WHL, but we're being forced to have to look else where for the good of the club & all the fans have to get on board or watch us sink back into mediocrity

repped jim you hit nail on the head mate
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Jan 25 2011, 23:14

What was agreed to between THFC and LBH;

A 56,250 capacity stadium adjacent to Spurs’ existing White Hart Lane stadium

200 new homes – including 56 one-bed flats, 56 two-bed flats, 49 three-bed properties and 39 four-bed houses, with 50 per cent affordable housing

A 150-bedroom hotel

A 24-hour supermarket

A new public square and raised piazza

Restaurants, cafes and bars

So exactly where in there are Haringey screwing the life out of Levy ?

The Emirates involved 1400 - yes fourteen hundred- flats and houses for 'social housing
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Jan 25 2011, 23:44

[color=darkblue]My views on this I have to say have been changing all the time, but to be perfectly honest (with myself) The only thing that keeps me coming back to staying at WHL is emotion. Everything else saise make the move. Better stadium even if we build at WHL, better surroundings, better transport, & lets face it better team if we are gonner save £200M.

We could hang on to WHL buy selling the developement on leace which would provide income forevermore and so it will always be both our home and where we came from. Who knows if the town ever got it's act together we might even return in 100 years time.

And this daft thing about worrying over the N post code, well lets face it, we know it's ours, we know it's where we are from and we wont forget it, unlike some other teams.

Spurs will generate new fans from moving but not from developing WHL.

I wonder now, how many fans whould oppose the move if developing WHL was not an option? if we hadn't seen all these plans of what WHL could be.

The Only worry I have about the move should it happen is the impact on the Orient,

as well as all that, Gees I'd like to be the one to give that Lammy charictor the middle finger he truley deserves.[/
    color]
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Jan 25 2011, 23:57

anicoll5 wrote:What was agreed to between THFC and LBH;

A 56,250 capacity stadium adjacent to Spurs’ existing White Hart Lane stadium

200 new homes – including 56 one-bed flats, 56 two-bed flats, 49 three-bed properties and 39 four-bed houses, with 50 per cent affordable housing

A 150-bedroom hotel

A 24-hour supermarket

A new public square and raised piazza

Restaurants, cafes and bars

So exactly where in there are Haringey screwing the life out of Levy ?

The Emirates involved 1400 - yes fourteen hundred- flats and houses for 'social housing

WE own this land Nic and a good percentage of it is to be handed over as "open space" we didn't plan the hotel 1st off this has been introduced, by whom I have no idea but I cant see it as a money spinner can you?
    The supermarket will kill of the the rest of the high street in a few years leaving us with even more poverty in the area.

Haringey are taking the P*ss but more to the point they are still not planning any regeneration in the area All that extra cash spent to get the Planning will end up down the drain because the areas wont grow due to lack of investment.

WE are paying for upgrading a few areas other than WHL including train stations etc none of which will work because the rest of the place is so run down.

More to the point, that Lammy is going to screw us to the floor now if we stay, we will be paying for his success for years.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jan 26 2011, 00:09

Sid there is no question that you own the land - we owned the site of the Emirates - that still did not get us off the hook building flats and houses, relocating businesses and workshops, and moving the bloody rubbish dump

As for the hotel, supermarket and restuarants that is, and always has been, part of Levy's plans for the NDP site - that is where the commercial profit is in the short term and revenue for the council- it is in neither Levy's nor Haringey's interest to let any of the site stay unused or unoccupied - why would either side do that ?

Will the regeneration work and Tottenham become a flourishing suburb on a par with leafy Hampstead ? I dunno ( well I do really) - but it is really not Spuds problem is it ? any more than what happens in Islington is of more than passing interest to Arsenal
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 26 2011, 00:35

Having sampled the delights of the Emirates against the barcodes, the surrounding area is not much better then Tottenham high road, the train station is tiny, but moved quite quickly (mainly due to the evacuation of the home support 5 minutes before the end). But like Nic says, once inside you forget about whats outside and reminded sharply inside at half time how expensive it is.
    I would be interested to know what the percentage of Spurs or Arsenal fans that actually live anywhere near the ground, as i encountered many Gooners on the way up from Shoebury. So the majority of "stay in North London" adherents probably live nowhere near Tottenham and can "suffer" the surrounding area as its only for a little while before and after the game. Btw Nic, how you lot manage to get anyone to live in those flats is a miracle!!

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Wed Jan 26 2011, 00:48

anicoll5 wrote:Sid there is no question that you own the land - we owned the site of the Emirates - that still did not get us off the hook building flats and houses, relocating businesses and workshops, and moving the bloody rubbish dump

As for the hotel, supermarket and restuarants that is, and always has been, part of Levy's plans for the NDP site - that is where the commercial profit is in the short term and revenue for the council- it is in neither Levy's nor Haringey's interest to let any of the site stay unused or unoccupied - why would either side do that ?

Will the regeneration work and Tottenham become a flourishing suburb on a par with leafy Hampstead ? I dunno ( well I do really) - but it is really not Spuds problem is it ? any more than what happens in Islington is of more than passing interest to Arsenal

Nic, what did you have "1,200 propertie's"? is that not £300,000,000.00's worth?

Lammy & co have cut the amount of profit we can make out of the place by about £75M while giving us about £50M worth of work to do in the area, at least you got to develope your land to it's potential we are being asked to provide a nice public space. WTF for? we loose potential developement profit and gain a square that we will have to keep up to scratch while it gets trashed by the locals. In the mean time Haringey do nothing with the local parks and open spaces because they cant justify the cost of it. it's a rip off.

The local supermarket is part of the original plan yes, not forgetting Haringey have been fully consulted along the way so quite who's idea it was we dont know.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jan 26 2011, 01:01

So Lammy did all that ? Then look at the following - you will see what is said to be the club's master plan

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplans/scheme/masterplan.html

Personally the only think I think you got stiffed on was the English Heritage demand to preserve some very, very ordinary old buildings

The rest of it all seems very much what I expect to see in a large urban development with a mix of private and public housing, retail, leisure - and think of all those new Japanese fans who will be looking forward to their week at a luxury hotel in Tottenham - poor buggers
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Wed Jan 26 2011, 01:16

anicoll5 wrote:So Lammy did all that ? Then look at the following - you will see what is said to be the club's master plan

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplans/scheme/masterplan.html

Personally the only think I think you got stiffed on was the English Heritage demand to preserve some very, very ordinary old buildings

The rest of it all seems very much what I expect to see in a large urban development with a mix of private and public housing, retail, leisure - and think of all those new Japanese fans who will be looking forward to their week at a luxury hotel in Tottenham - poor buggers

Nic thats the later plan with the hotel in it. But lets not get into an epic tit for tat, I concur, we would always have to pay into the area in order to get planning consent, I just question the justification from a borough that seemingly thinks making nice places is not what local govenment is all about.

Lets face it walking through tottenham with your mobile to your ear at night is not exactly a red letter day is it. nor will it be after Spurs have spent their teams budget for a few years on it.

I think most Spurs fans think that if Lammy believes that Spurs are important to the area then he should be a bit more humble in the way he go's about keeping them there. Starting an internal fight among spurs fans will backfire in the end.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jan 26 2011, 01:29

Quite so Sid - I visit some of the worst spots in terms of urban decay across the UK and parts of Tottenham are right up there among the grimmest - and it would take a lot more than a stadium, a supermarket and a hotel to change that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:03