The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Levy speaks  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Levy speaks  - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
shearspur
SuneJim
BazSpur
cynicsid
LOBO
9 posters

Levy speaks

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Levy speaks  - Page 2 Empty Re: Levy speaks

Post by seebee1944 Thu Jan 27 2011, 04:21

Agreed Shear lets face it the lot up the road did alright before they moved to the Immigrants what4-5 years ago with a similar sized stadium. It seems that people think it will guarantee success but as I said before it's 5 years away and anything could happen in that time.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Jan 27 2011, 04:27

BazSpur wrote:OLYMPIC POLL RESULTS

• The stadium should be used for athletics after 2012: 70% agree, 26% disagree
    • After the Olympics there is no need for an athletics stadium: 16% agree, 77% disagree
    • Which bid should win? West Ham 72%, Tottenham 13%, neither 12%
    • It would damage the legacy if the stadium cannot hold athletics after 2012: 63% agree, 31% disagree
    • The stadium should be dismantled and rebuilt as a football stadium after 2012: 14% agree, 81% disagree
    • Athletics is not popular enough to justify keeping a purpose-built athletics stadium: 25% agree, 68% disagree
    • Stadiums should not be used for both athletics and football, as an athletics track would make football less enjoyable: 28% agree, 59% disagre

It's official then, the people polled havent got a clue what they are talking about.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Jan 27 2011, 04:46

seebee1944 wrote:

Agreed Shear lets face it the lot up the road did alright before they moved to the Immigrants what4-5 years ago with a similar sized stadium. It seems that people think it will guarantee success but as I said before it's 5 years away and anything could happen in that time.

I really dont think the size of the stadium has much effect at all right now after all bums on seats isnt the biggest income a premiership club gets, it's the tv rights. Man U probebly take about £1million a match more than us but in percentage terms thats about 12% of their turnover.

But I do think the days are coming when TV cash will drop and rules will start restricting teams to income related limits and then the size of the stadiums will make a massive difference.

an extra 25,000 seats will probebly bring in another 3/4 to 1 million per match. It's a lot of cash but it's not going to turn us into world beaters overnight.

But I'd move out opf Tottenham now just because of Lammy

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jan 27 2011, 04:54

It is not the size of the stadium or the number of seats it is the sheer robbery that clubs can make from the boxes, corporate business and 'club' style seating Sid

It is said when we moved to the Grove of the Emir the take from that segment was the equivalent of all the box office revenue we picked up at Highbury - and we already had the highest prices in the PL - the other 50,000 seats were additional revenue

And THAT is what Levy has his beady eye on

As for opinion polls and whether eight out of ten cats prefer Whiskas who gives a toss, eight out of ten cats ain't gonna make the decision on Stratford
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 27 2011, 07:42

Nic, you talk a load of sense for a goon lol.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Jan 28 2011, 12:12

shearspur wrote:
    SuneJim wrote:

THIS OPINION WILL KILL US REMEMBER THAT,,,,,,, i'm stopping here becausei have to some just don't understand progress!
    dont think not moving to east london will kill us jim. it might mean you dont get what you think your gonna get by moving there.i understand progress but that doesnt mean i have to agree to east london, maybe theres other options if we dont go there.there are prob 16 other clubs without massive stadiums in the prem not been killed.

You've just proved no one reads what i write,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i fcuking don't want to move to Stratford! I just don't want to be Haringey Councils play thing. They've made staying untenable. Which is what people don't get! There is no choice anymore. We're going. But it won't be to Stratford.

But to see so many fans with no ambition other than to see things stay the same is so disappointing. It sickens me to be honest. You just wait till the new financial laws come in & we have to live within our means & we can't compete with other teams & end up back where Harry found us & see if you still feel the same.

Bloody pathetic in my opinion!
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jan 28 2011, 23:33

and jim you havent read what i wrote."maybe theres other options if we dont move there". that doesnt mean no ambition.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sat Jan 29 2011, 08:19

shearspur wrote:and jim you havent read what i wrote."maybe theres other options if we dont move there". that doesnt mean no ambition.

That's all i've been trying to say,,,,,,,,,,, nobody wants to go to Stratford i understand that,,,,, BUT moving is inevitable now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 22:08