The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Laurel & Hardy EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Laurel & Hardy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Laurel & Hardy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Laurel & Hardy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Laurel & Hardy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Laurel & Hardy EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Laurel & Hardy EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Laurel & Hardy EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Laurel & Hardy EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Laurel & Hardy Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Laurel & Hardy

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Laurel & Hardy Empty Laurel & Hardy

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 02 2011, 21:28

Arry has just confirmed what i have believed all along that when it comes to the transfer market we seriously havent a clue , i for one would have kept this one well and truely quiet , if this had got out " self confessed by arry " DOHH!!! you would not only make yourself look stupid , but worse still you would make THFC look stupid , TO DARE IS TO DO , but not in the last five minutes eh boys !!

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has continued with his customary
    post-deadline day ‘the chairman nearly did a deal for x,y and z’ palava,
    claiming that the club lodged a late £35 million bid for Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi.
    Redknapp told the PA:

“(Spurs chairman) Daniel Levy always said
    that if we found the right player then we would have gone for him but
    it was difficult.
    “He tried something with Giuseppe Rossi. I think he offered £35 million in the end. It’s hard to get top players unless you pay top money.
    “But, you couldn’t get Rossi because Villarreal don’t want to sell you him.
    “The chairman would have bought someone for £30 million though, for sure. He wanted to bring someone in.
    “There was no doubt that he wanted to do it. He wanted to get
    somebody in and if Daniel and (Spurs owner) Joe Lewis can find the right
    people they will have a go again.”
    Harry Redknapp, the grammatical equivalent of a petrol-driven woodchipper.
    Anyway, would this ‘ere Giuseppe Rossi be the very same Giuseppe
    Rossi that signed a contract extension with Villareal until the summer
    of 2016 just six days beforehand (January 25th)?

Why yes, yes it would.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Laurel & Hardy Empty Re: Laurel & Hardy

Post by ionman34 Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:12

Would that be the same Laurel and Hardy that secured the services of ............. Brace yourselves;

Heurelho Gomez, Michael Dawson, William Gallas, Luca Modric, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Gareth Bale, Steven Pienaar, Wilson Palacios ..........

Yeah, they haven't a clue hey?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Feb 03 2011, 00:06

ionman34 wrote:
    Would that be the same Laurel and Hardy that secured the services of ............. Brace yourselves;

Heurelho Gomez, Michael Dawson, William Gallas, Luca Modric, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Gareth Bale, Steven Pienaar, Wilson Palacios ..........

I think you'll find old son that commolli
    was behind most of those signings
    except peinaar and Gallas

not arry , and levy has only taken charge of recruiting
    sinse commoli left, hense the circus

arry & levy bought in

Defoe = cant score
    Crouch = cant score
    kranky = don't play him
    Pav = don't play him
    Charlie = don't play him
    Gallaz = 1 year contract cos he knows we wont quilify for CL
    VdV = levy signed him redknapp didnt even know we had so not a arry target

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 00:42

lobo you forget to name the players harry wanted to get in

david james. doing rubbish in a lower league
    charlton cole.
    parker
    munteria
    ratboy anton ferdinand.
    judas scumball

so from that list only parker would be good
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 03 2011, 00:44

LOBO wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

I think you'll find old son that commolli
    was behind most of those signings
    except peinaar and Gallas

not arry , and levy has only taken charge of recruiting
    sinse commoli left, hense the circus

arry & levy bought in

Defoe = cant score
    Crouch = cant score
    kranky = don't play him
    Pav = don't play him
    Charlie = don't play him
    Gallaz = 1 year contract cos he knows we wont quilify for CL
    VdV = levy signed him redknapp didnt even know we had so not a arry target

Just a point Lobo, why didnt we get CL knockout stages when Commolli was scouting for us? or has it taken this long
    for the players he scouted to find their feet?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:00

because liverpool and man c where awfull last season
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:21

[/quote]

Just a point Lobo, why didnt we get CL knockout stages when Commolli was scouting for us? or has it taken this long
    for the players he scouted to find their feet?

[/quote]

because we kept changing managers

but talking of finding there feet, are we still waiting for defoe to bed in or crouch find his zing
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:24

So according to you and Lought, we have made no progress, we are only where we are because the likes of Liverpool and Citeh were awful, even though they spent a fortune on players (notice a theme there)
    and that the prospects are not looking any better, want to let us all know why you two support Spurs?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:28

djfitzo wrote:So according to you and Lought, we have made no progress, we are only where we are because the likes of Liverpool and Citeh were awful, even though they spent a fortune on players (notice a theme there)
    and that the prospects are not looking any better, want to let us all know why you two support Spurs?

I didnt say that about citeh & livepool, my argument is we failed terribly in this window , thats all , on the subject of citeh & liverpool i thought citeh had to many draws last season they did pretty well in all and we just edged it with that win at citeh, but lets not delude ourselfs here thinking 4th is a devine god given right, and citeh are a differentteam from last season adding much more quality ,its not the same team it will be a lot harder to get 4th

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:37

liverpool have sold there best player and brought 2 players hardly spending loads. in fact it works out they spent about 5mill.

they was in dire straits a month ago but they didnt stand still and now they brought 2 good players in.

Harry already said he didnt want suaraz because he plays the same roll as vdv but 451 dont work.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:45

Lought we dont have a 50 million pound player to sell, infact no-one wanted any of our strikers.

Liverpool got very desperate and selling Torres was the only way they would have got new blood in.

You can go round and round and round, but nothings going to change, like I said earlier, maybe Modders being out will force Harry to play VDV in the middle with Palacios if his fir and pav and defoe upfront, well thats what im hoping for, cos without Palacios, Modders was playing far too deep to affect the play.

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:12

I wanna see Lobo & lought run a team.

I can see it now, skint before the end of season 1, and a load of players that dont know each other or the 3rd manager they have had that year.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:18

i rekon we would be 3rd now.
    would i play a player that hasnt featured all season aganst man u away. no

would i take of the only player who can tackle in midfeild after daws gets sent off. NO

would i drop my top goalscorer after scoring aganst the champions.
    would i keep sayin krankar needing games but wont ever play him unless its a last ditch move in injury time.

would i keep buyin kids that i dont think are ready.

we could of sold some players but we wanted to much for them

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:19

djfitzo wrote:Lought we dont have a 50 million pound player to sell, infact no-one wanted any of our strikers.

Liverpool got very desperate and selling Torres was the only way they would have got new blood in.

You can go round and round and round, but nothings going to change, like I said earlier, maybe Modders being out will force Harry to play VDV in the middle with Palacios if his fir and pav and defoe upfront, well thats what im hoping for, cos without Palacios, Modders was playing far too deep to affect the play.

Well Dave in the inflated January window I would imagine Bale would fetch at least £40M and Moddle £30M. Maybe the supporters would have liked to have seen them sold so as we could sign the 2 players Liverpool did . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:24

VisionarySound wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Lought we dont have a 50 million pound player to sell, infact no-one wanted any of our strikers.

Well Dave in the inflated January window I would imagine Bale would fetch at least £40M and Moddle £30M. Maybe the supporters would have liked to have seen them sold so as we could sign the 2 players Liverpool did . . . .

lol

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:30

i wouldnt sell modric for no money.

but would you sell bale.
    after the inter game people was sayin hes best player in the world.

hes not been great this season in the prem .

would you sell him for 40/50 mill and get us to top players.

just a question here . im not sayin i would sell him
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:48

cynicsid wrote:I wanna see Lobo & lought run a team.

I can see it now, skint before the end of season 1, and a load of players that dont know each other or the 3rd manager they have had that year.

Hmmm i'd sell crouch bring in Pav because i don't buy into that theory that crouch gives us something different , apart from other fans laughing at us like they were on talk sport the othernight, " oh look mummy theres that 7ft guy who does a good robot impersonation .

I'd sell Kranky & Jamie O'Hara , also keane and not hold out for more money all the time and then go offer insluting 500'000 for neville , infact i would even bother signing him

id make it fully aware to other clubs that all players abouve are for sale at the begining of the window not at the end or wait until something happens elswhere as we keep hearing .

crouch 7-10 mill
    Kranky 5- 7 mill
    Ohara 4 mill
    keane - 6 mill

thats 22 mill combined with the 25 mill we got for CL qualification = 48 mill

now then enough to get 2 decent strikers
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:55

LOBO wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:I wanna see Lobo & lought run a team.

Hmmm i'd sell crouch bring in Pav because i don't buy into that theory that crouch gives us something different , apart from other fans laughing at us like they were on talk sport the othernight, " oh look mummy theres that 7ft guy who does a good robot impersonation .

I'd sell Kranky & Jamie O'Hara , also keane and not hold out for more money all the time and then go offer insluting 500'000 for neville , infact i would even bother signing him

id make it fully aware to other clubs that all players abouve are for sale at the begining of the window not at the end or wait until something happens elswhere as we keep hearing .

apparently not Lobo, these days you have to pay 35million for an injured Geordie thug!!

crouch 7-10 mill
    Kranky 5- 7 mill
    Ohara 4 mill
    keane - 6 mill

thats 22 mill combined with the 25 mill we got for CL qualification = 48 mill

now then enough to get 2 decent strikers
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:57

oops, dont know what happened there, Lobo, apparently you have to pay 35 million alone for a injured Geordie thug.

Then the players you agree a fee for wont move and players are so protected these days, you cant even force them to.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:01

theres other players that could be sold aswell.

and yea i would pay good money for andy carrol. hes already got 11 goals.

we will continue to pay big money untill we give our own kids a chance.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:05

If we had use the window by expoiting the time we had instead of chasing beckham we could have gone in for someone a lot earlier and i dont just mean Carroll , we had a whole month, but as we all know if was left to the last week , i wonder why they didnt use the time they had
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:09

Maybe they did Lobo, maybe clubs dont sell until they know that Citeh arent interested. Pool would not have got Suarez or Carroll unless they sold Torres. It says in the paper today that Torres wanted to go last summer, but it took them until the wire to get the money and get two strikers in.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:20

djfitzo wrote:Maybe they did Lobo, maybe clubs dont sell until they know that Citeh arent interested. Pool would not have got Suarez or Carroll unless they sold Torres. It says in the paper today that Torres wanted to go last summer, but it took them until the wire to get the money and get two strikers in.

I hope we dont hit any snags in the next few months cos in effect we only have crouch & defoe, i want to see more Pav because not playing is reducing our chances i believe , arry has got to use him more and not be so reliant on crouch being something different, ive noticed that we are playing more and more 4 5 1 , it just dont work for us , we have always been a 442 team prodominately throughout the years, the sad thing if arry keeps with the 451 we wont see pav at all he will continue to use defoe & crouch, the only thing that can change all this is crouch & defoe , with hudds coming back and modders out maybe arry might drop VDV into a midfield role and play 2 up front, then we would score goals no matter what combo we put out

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:39

I hope we dont hit any snags in the next few months cos in effect we only have crouch & defoe, i want to see more Pav because not playing is reducing our chances i believe , arry has got to use him more and not be so reliant on crouch being something different, ive noticed that we are playing more and more 4 5 1 , it just dont work for us , we have always been a 442 team prodominately throughout the years, the sad thing if arry keeps with the 451 we wont see pav at all he will continue to use defoe & crouch, the only thing that can change all this is crouch & defoe , with hudds coming back and modders out maybe arry might drop VDV into a midfield role and play 2 up front, then we would score goals no matter what combo we put out

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:41

another rep for you. . brillant thread. you said what me and most other fans have been saying.

451 dont work

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content