The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
cstmrsking
ionman34
DJSR
BazSpur
8 posters

Gattuso v Joe

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Gattuso v Joe - Page 3 Empty Re: Gattuso v Joe

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 22:52

I an terribly sorry Ion but I do not intend to simply 'move on' because it allows you to evade the proper condemnation of a vicious and unprovoked assault by the Honduran - there may have been young children watching

I trust the referee will have his eye on Palacios for the second game in order to stamp on his evil, pre-meditated thuggery

And I see in this morning's Times that Uefa are being encouraged to investigate Jordan for his Gattuso 'remarks'
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:03

And I see in this morning's Times that Uefa are being encouraged to investigate Jordan for his Gattuso 'remarks'

What on the sayso of a nutty Italian? I think his behaviour throughout the match wont add too much to his "claim"

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:18

anicoll5 wrote:I an terribly sorry Ion but I do not intend to simply 'move on' because it allows you to evade the proper condemnation of a vicious and unprovoked assault by the Honduran - there may have been young children watching

I trust the referee will have his eye on Palacios for the second game in order to stamp on his evil, pre-meditated thuggery

Further evasion and'smokescreenery'.

You must have greased those ears as your credibility seems to be having trouble getting a grip.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:28

I am afraid the dreaded R word is being bandied about Dave - though not on the say so of the 'nutty Italian' which is a point the article makes - unlike the Matterazi/Zidane incident there must have been ten people in easy hearing distance to report what JJ actually said
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:58

It may or may not be true, who knows? I am reminded of Ali G when he used to say. "Is it cos I's black". Is Gatusso using that card to try and get out of trouble? As you say there would have been plenty of witnesses and if it turns out JJ did say what he is accused of saying then he will not have my support in that instance. In this day and age there is no place for racist talk under any circumstances.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 07:53

lol! @ Ion:

"Quit trying to shift the focus onto Wilson when Flabby is the subject matter."

Last time I looked the subject matter was 'Guttuso v Joe' lol!

Throw the towel in FFS ion Very Happy you are harping on about something that the ref didn't see, and something that the FA didn't feel the further need to investigate... they can be a tad officious y'know lol!
    Any ideas why Everton didn't lodge a complaint about it if it was as bad as you say?
    Maybe they were more concerned with how there manager managed to hear Fab speaking to the ref, no sorry, it was the fourth official, no sorry he shouted at the Everton players as they left the pitch, no sorry it was a hundred and one other things lol!

Your body swerving on the Palacios foul should be done to the tune of 'Here Comes The Hotstepper' it's so artful.
    Talk about Lillywhite eyes only Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:03

Nic are you allegding that Jordan racially abused Gattuso ? Or just reporting what you have seen in the meeja ? If so, please enlighten me where these reports are emanating from . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:51

According to the Milan general manager and Gattuso's agent Jordan called Gattuso a f*cking Italian b*stard - Gattuso has said bugger all, Jordan has denied it , Arry is saying nuffink

As I said there must have been at least 10 people within a few feet who heard exactly what was said by the twosome - I cannot see why the truth cannot come out ?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:54

WTF is racist about calling an Italian Italian ? LOL Nic you love your lil ole left-field shenanigans to deflect away from points others make . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 22 2011, 09:52

Your body swerving on the Palacios foul should be done to the tune of 'Here Comes The Hotstepper' it's so artful.
    Talk about Lillywhite eyes only Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Body swerve?

To be a foul there needs to be contact. Admittedly I only have the television, same as everyone else does, to analyse but I saw no evidence of contact.

No swerving, no avoidance, no excuses. Simply no contact nor intent to contact with the knee. Video evidence.

Much like the video evidence that showed Flabby 'assault' Arteta. You know, the assault that even had goon fans wincing and stating that it should have been a straight red.

It seems that only you and Nic feel that it was an acceptable 'run of the mill challenge'.

And you two were so vehement in your condemnation of those players that injured your own players. It seems to me that you find these type of 'challenges' acceptable if;

a) The 'victim' escapes injury or,

b) The 'challenge' is made by a goon player.

A hypocritical double standard from a goon?

Surely not?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 09:57

Not really Ion. Just "left-field shenanigans" to deflect away from a point . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:32

Just the usual Vis.

For weeks now they have squirmed around and avoided the question of their Captains cowardice. I addressed the Palacios 'assault' <snigger> immediately upon being challenged with it, analysed the evidence and found that they hadn't a leg to stand on.

Yet not a one of them has the balls to stand up and say that Flabby's attempt to injure Arteta was wrong, cowardly and premeditated.

Gives an insight into the mentality of them, particularly after reading the vitriole directed at the likes of Shawcross after the damage he caused.

Shawcross is a clumsy clogger who should be plying his 'trade' on the plowed fields of lower divisions. But you could see from his distraught reaction that gthe damage was not premeditated.
    The 'assaults' by Flab and Flamini were.

But that's OK, particularly with Flab, because he's a goon, he's Captain, he's 'not that type of player' and because he didn't 'actually' injure Arteta.

Therefore we can overlook the intent.

With Flamini the focus was on 'not being able to defend the challenge' rather than condemning the premeditated nature of it.

Apparently he's 'not that type of player' either because Mark can't remember the last time he put in a 2 footed, over the top of the ball lunge.
    Still no condemantion for that challenge either.

Instead they focus on the Palacios 'hurdle assault', condemning the heinous premeditated way he avoided contact with Gattuso. Thereby giving us an insight into the nature of their thinking.

It's kind of hard taking anything these two say seriously now.

Not that I ever did in the first place!

lol!

Last edited by ionman34 on Tue Feb 22 2011, 11:56; edited 1 time in total
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:44

"Still no condemantion for that challenge either." (Flamini)

Do leave off. I said it was a straight red in my book. Rolling Eyes
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:48

"Yet not a one of them has the balls to stand up and say that Flabby's attempt to injure Arteta was wrong, cowardly and premeditated."

As I said before, I didn't see it, I'm just taking your word for it, and questioning why no-one else has reacted to it like you have. Not a remote sentance about it in the press anywhere... therefore I question what you see. Or think you see. Rolling Eyes
    I also said that your interpretation is just that... others see it differently, and no-ones right or wrong.
    Can't really see why you're knickers are in such a twist bob
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:50

That Damned Mark wrote:"Still no condemantion for that challenge either." (Flamini)

That's fair enough, I'll clarify my meaning a little better,

Still no condemnation for the premeditated nature of that challenge either.

Better?

Good.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:50

I'll ask again.

"Any ideas why Everton didn't lodge a complaint about it if it was as bad as you say?"
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:53

ionman34 wrote:
    That Damned Mark wrote:"Still no condemantion for that challenge either." (Flamini)

That's fair enough, I'll clarify my meaning a little better,

Still no condemnation for the premeditated nature of that challenge either.

Better?

Good.

Finally, once again, you have reached the crux of the matter. I disagree that it was that. Reckless, yes. Straight red, Yes. Awful, Yes. Intent to cripple? NO.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:59

its not the first time cesc has got away with it. who was the player he went in on and the player ended up off the pitch and he only got a booking.

spurs players seem to get sent off for nuffin yet other teams get away with murder.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 22 2011, 11:53

[quote="That Damned Mark"]"Yet not a one of them has the balls to stand up and say that Flabby's attempt to injure Arteta was wrong, cowardly and premeditated."

As I said before, I didn't see it, I'm just taking your word for it, and questioning why no-one else has reacted to it like you have.

You didn't see it? Awfully opinionated about an incident you 'didn't see'. I find it difficult to understand how you can offer anything to a debate about a challenge you 'didn't see'.

I also posted up an excerpt from one of your goon sites, from a goon poster who also saw the 'challenge' in much the same way I did. He wasn't alone either.

But then neither were you alone there Mark, there were also goons on there who felt it was justifiable because of the rough treatment your players have received of late.

Not a remote sentance about it in the press anywhere... therefore I question what you see. Or think you see. Rolling Eyes

Ah, so if it's not in the press then it never happened.
    lmao lmao lmao

Amazing how you can denigrate the press one minute for their 'artistic license' and yet put them forward as purveyors of truth when it suits you.

The Moyes/'Man who sucks Lemons/Flabby debacle was selling papers. 'Nuff said.

I also said that your interpretation is just that... others see it differently, and no-ones right or wrong.

Oh do leave it out. Ball 10 feet away, Arteta's back to Flab, studs run from the calf to the ankle.

What's to interpret?

I suppose if you offer up the 'interpretation' that they were playing a game of tag, and Miguel is now 'it', then we'd now have to take you seriously as 'no-one is right or wrong?'

Jesus, are you actually Ronald McDonald?

Can't really see why you're knickers are in such a twist

Oh I'm not, despite what you like to tell yourself.

What I'm actually doing is exposing the hypocritical nature of the likes of you and Nic. You don't condemn therefore, you accept. But only when it comes to goon players, either current or ex it seems.

Knickers in a twist? You gotta be kidding!

I'm having a Whale of a time here.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 22 2011, 11:58

With Flamini the focus was on 'not being able to defend the challenge' rather than condemning the premeditated nature of it.

Just thought I'd add this little tidbit for a tad more 'clarity'.

Be lucky!
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 19:55

ionman34 wrote:

Just thought I'd add this little tidbit for a tad more 'clarity'.

Be lucky!

There you go again, using the word *premeditated*. I don't agree that it was. It was everything else, but not *intent to cripple*.
    Yay... I'm lucky enough lol! Very Happy
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 19:57

That Damned Mark wrote:I'll ask again.

"Any ideas why Everton didn't lodge a complaint about it if it was as bad as you say?"

I thought I'd write in red seeing as this doesn't appear to be noticed time after time Rolling Eyes
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 22 2011, 20:26

That Damned Mark wrote:
    That Damned Mark wrote:I'll ask again.

I thought I'd write in red seeing as this doesn't appear to be noticed time after time Rolling Eyes

I'd put the answer you've had twice already in red too.

But I can't be arsed.

You like to trawl through threads to find little tidbits to quote when they suit your purpose, well fill your boots here.

A little homework for you,let's see what your powers of detection are up to young Sherlock.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Feb 22 2011, 20:54

VisionarySound wrote:WTF is racist about calling an Italian Italian ? LOL Nic you love your lil ole left-field shenanigans to deflect away from points others make . . . . . . .

It seems these days the 'I was calling a spade a spade' defence is no longer deemed acceptable Vis. Call him a 'f*cking ugly b*stard' - fair enough - get on to the race, nationality, ethnic etc and you are on thin ice

As I say the bizarre thing about this is that seemingly no one can say what Jordan did say ?? Judging from the veins standing out on Joe's neck I feel he was not enquiring into the Italian's holiday plans !

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Feb 22 2011, 20:58

11 stitches Gattuso required in the right knee following the game against Spuds - and I get the comment 'he was trying to get the Tottenham player booked'lol

Some observant fans may have noticed the strapping on the knee - obviously some less observant fans did not

Presumably Gattuso whipped out his knife and stabbed himself in the knee - lucky for Joe he had thrown it away eh

Wilson Palacios = nasty thug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:43