The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
bring back reserve football EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
bring back reserve football EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
bring back reserve football EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
bring back reserve football EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
bring back reserve football EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
bring back reserve football EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
bring back reserve football EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
bring back reserve football EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
bring back reserve football EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

bring back reserve football Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

bring back reserve football

bring back reserve football Empty bring back reserve football

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25 2011, 04:17

I know that it has been good to get the young players out on loan, even if most are returned to us pretty quickly. But i think it would do defoe the world of good to play some games and score some goals for his confidence. I know people will say reserve league football is not of high enough quallity but i feel that it is taken quite seriously by some of the young lads who are trying to get into the first teams.

Defoe would do well to get his way back into form against players inn reserve football, rather then just playing against the same defenders in training each day who know his game, it would be more of a test for him to play reserve football and find his feet again.

ekotto, he plays every game and last night to me he looked jaded from so much football, we need to have another left back who could keep up their form and come in for ekotto when he needs a break or is injured or at the AN. The same could be said for bassong who looked rusty to me last night.

I am pleased our young players go out on loan and get experince and i would not change that but i do feel our fringe players or players lacking form would benefit from some reserve league football.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

bring back reserve football Empty Re: bring back reserve football

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Feb 25 2011, 05:05

Agree with all of that ......

Also, the system of play the management wants implemented should be learnt through all the club's teams, with the second eleven being the final testing ground for an up and coming player being considered for squad or first eleven inclusion ... At the moment we are loaning them out albeit to clubs we feel can be helpfull to bringing on a player but that can still be done if we have a reserve team too so I dont see why we scrapped it .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 25 2011, 05:37

i agree with that as well. Does anyone know why we scrapped reserve football? Does it cost a lot of money to have a reserve team?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25 2011, 05:55

not sure baz. but our sqaud could keep freash playing reserve games

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 20:27