The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye.

Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. Empty Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 06:50

Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye.

This will drone on and on. It is my first article and I will overtime learn to shorten my points.

This article will upset people, and cause arguments. But we are all entitled to our opinion. This is mine;

Harry Redknapp: It's been a great journey, one full of the typical Spurs rollercoaster rides. Some may label you as one of the greatest managers that Spurs have ever had but there comes a time when everyone has to put their hands up and admit they cannot continue and that they cannot do better then they already have. That time, for you Mr Redknapp is now.

For me, the appointment of Harry was a surprising one.

A man that has in some people`s eyes has a reputation of contributing to a clubs bankruptcy, being a bit too sharp for his own good and having an unproven record.

Despite this the feat he has achieved with Spurs cannot be argued against.

Yes, we have made the champions league. But for me Harry Redknapp did not achieve that. He just took credit for it. He is the luckiest and jammiest manager around and his luck is running out.

Daniel levy is the reason for any success at Spurs.

I want to just remind you of some things; Gareth Bale was seen as not good enough by Harry. Only by chance did he get in ahead of an injured BAE. Yet Harry took credit for this. There was also the situation of Michael Dawson. Roman Pavlyuchenko. And now most recently, Rafa.

Harry needs to go in my opinion. He has never had any loyalty to Spurs. This can be seen from his ENGLAND MANAGER idea he seems to have ingrained in his head. The minute they come knocking he will leave without hesitation. Leaving us managerless.

If we don't make 4th. Where can we go? What can we do.?

We risk losing Bale, Modric and VDV to name a few. People may blame the strikeforce for our lack of form in the PL. But think about it this way; We waited 12 games for Crouch to score his first goal.....next game he is on the bench. We wait 15 for Defoe. He scores against Charlton in January yet next game is on the bench. There is no consistency.

Harry still doesn't know what to do, whom to buy or to pick week in week out. We may have had injuries but that isn't a good enough excuse when you say we have the best squad in the PL.

Harry needs to stop talking to the media and do his job. I recall the interview stating we can win the league. A month later. It is 'we will struggle to make 4th`. Now he seems to have settled for 5th.

I could go on and on about different events. But it all has the same conclusion. PUT ME AS MANAGER, I joke. of course. I would love the job but I think for the future of Spurs, Harry needs to go. We need to make 4th. Get in a top class manager. Play players in their positions. Decide a position for VDV and play him there or sell him.

We need to buy a class act up front. Stop loaning CBs out when we have injuries in that area. Eg. Caulker in December and khumalo this week.

Harry needs to go.

I am open to any opinions.

Any suggestions for manager?

I hope Daniel levy has read this article because I believe he will soon make a decision to either publicly back Harry or sack him.

Thank you.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508320#ixzz1IUWtDXQs

Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. Empty Re: Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 06:51

how true is this. .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye. Empty Re: Thank you Harry Redknapp and goodbye.

Post by LOBO Mon Apr 04 2011, 07:01

Brillaint Post

and so true , the guy who wrote this obviously knows his football and from reading that article i have to agree with a lot of stuff about harry, i said all along he would go at a drop of a hat if england come calling and its true he holds no loyalty to spurs just a contract , but things are begining to turn pear shaped for arry and time is against him, levy on the other hand aint no fool, he will be fully aware about the pending tax evasion court case thats about to take place in the summer and harrys desire to manage england, i seriously seriously think this that harry will leave end of the season , i cant see how he can manage spurs and go to trial in july at the old bailey, i think Levy will get shot of him for that reason or arry will rsign to save face, either way the ball is now rolling and it dont look good for him, but who do we get in?
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Apr 04 2011, 07:32

I'm also starting to doubt Harry, I remember when he first joined Spurs and one thing worried me when he said, it would be stupid of me not to sign for that kind of money!

I think the above post makes alot of sense to me.

we should of won our last 3 games, and thats cost us 4th, i'm well gutted.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Apr 04 2011, 07:35

Its bull sh*t! The guy who has wrote this has no appriciation of what Harry has done for our club. Would this fella be happy for us to be playing Championship football under Ramos just because he bigs our club up or his face fits or he says the right things. Redknapp isnt paid handsomly to make friends and big our club up he is paid to get results and IMO is doing that. Were in the quarter finals of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for f*ck sake and for the record has Harry even came out and said he would drop us like a sack of sh*t to take over at England, NO! So lets put the knives away and get behind our manager. FFS why do we always do this as soon as we have a few bad'uns its "sack the manager" Get a grip!!!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 07:47

Here we go it's the Knappers Vs the Know Betters lol ! What better manager then a lucky manager can you imagine ? 'arrys subs are at times poor, errrr apart from that I can't find much else to criticise. Same goes for most managers ! I'm not overley bothered about his demeanour or history when we are still in with a shout of top 4 and in the quarters of the C/L. Many quality managers are at the least, abrasive, but I'm sure supporters don't mind if sucsess comes with it and 'arry has bought Spurs sucsess . If Levy is to credit for the recent good form then he is also to blame for not securing the strike-force that so many say we desperately need, maybe also hanging onto injury-prone players for too long ? Lobo has at least posed the question of a replacement and that people is the bootom line.
    Jolers Vs Hunters.
    Hunters got their wish and the fairy Godmother Ramos turned up. Won us silverware and f*cked just about everything else up. 'arry ain't perfect but it is him who has got us here. It isn't Levy on the training ground or in the dressing room. It is 'arry and his hand-picked staff. The only manager in English football to have kept winning consistently is Ole Red Nose and he is a most repelant person but whatever his faults he keeps acheiving sucsess and not too many Utd fans will celebrate his leaving.
    Here's a hypothetical question. Would the best scenario be for Spurs to win the C/L and 'arry to resign on a wave of glory ? That would surely please both the Knappers & Know Betters. Sometimes you get what you wish for and the Ramos appointment was just one of those. Is 'arry the right manager for Spurs ? His record so far would suggest so . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Apr 04 2011, 07:56

REDKNAPP is the man to take us forward, he's proved it!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:01

but we gone backwards in the league. forget the champions league. the bread and butter is the league.

we scored about 67 goals last season and we only got about 41.

our strikers have hit 11 goals 7 pav 2 defoe 2 crouch

we have taken 2 points from 12 aganst lesser teams.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:01

we would not of gone down that season. there was only 8 games played. we even managed a 0 0 aganst chelsea away and i think we lost away to stoke with 9 men.

west ham and west brom where in worse postion then us last month. now west brom are safe. how anyone can say after 10 games say we are doom are stupid.

harry bigest mistake is taken piority over champions league. we should play our best team aganst wigan.

we should be higher up the table. 2 froms from our last 4 games is relegation stats. wovles blackpool wigan and westham. 2 points only.

man c have been woefull this season man u havent been great yet.

harry sold bent to buy defoe. another big mistake
    we would not of gone down that season. there was only 8 games played. we even managed a 0 0 aganst chelsea away and i think we lost away to stoke with 9 men. west ham and west brom where in worse postion then us last month. now west brom are safe. how anyone can say after 10 games say we are doom are stupid. harry bigest mistake is taken piority over champions league. we should play our best team aganst wigan. we should be higher up the table. 2 froms from our last 4 games is relegation stats. wovles blackpool wigan and westham. 2 points only. man c have been woefull this season man u havent been great yet. harry sold bent to buy defoe. another big mistake
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:16

That's the icing on the cake for me, I'm done here.

When your team is sitting within striking distance of CL placing, is in the QF of the biggest club competition in the World and is one or two players shy of having a team to win the league .......................

Then so called 'fans' are on here calling for the managers head because we have drawn a few games, claiming that we are where we are because he is 'lucky', absolutely beggars belief.

So I'm done, I no longer have the desire to defend what doesn't need defending to people who haven't a clue and refuse to listen when you explain it to them a thousand times and more.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:25

win the league lol are you serious. go through our league results this season. have we beaten a team by more then 2 goals .

compare last season results to this season and its glum reading.

harry only cares about hes cv.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:but we gone backwards in the league. forget the champions league. the bread and butter is the league.

we scored about 67 goals last season and we only got about 41.

our strikers have hit 11 goals 7 pav 2 defoe 2 crouch

we have taken 2 points from 12 aganst lesser teams.

Lought your original post, that you agreed with from VitalSpurs, said thank Levy for the sucsess. Therefore BLAME Levy for the lack of goals this season for not not buying a 25+ a season striker. Don't chop & change. Have a go at 'arry by all means, it's your right as a supporter but don't blame him when you support a post that states Levy is to thank. Blame Levy . . . . .

(I don't blame Levy by the way, same as I don't blame 'arry. Just trying to see some consistency in posts)
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:34

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]win the league lol are you serious. go through our league results this season. have we beaten a team by more then 2 goals .

Yes I f*cking am serious, I've been serious about that since preseason and I'm serious about it now. We get two decent strikers and we are in with a shout of winning the league within the next 2-3 seasons. You are so concerned with sacking the manager for 'the next best thing' that you can't see this.

compare last season results to this season and its glum reading.

Yep, because our strikers can't score. I tell you what, put in an equivalent amount of goals as they scored last season and that would, in all likelihood, add up to an extra 12-15 points ................... Title challenging points tally.

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:38

Totally agree Ion!!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:50

omg harry brought crouch and defoe, they are hes strikers. thats the strikers he wanted. and they been sh*t. defoe can go because hes lost it. ever wonderd why no big clubs ever went in for him.

now we have vdv harry aint got the balls to leave him out wich mucks us up as harry aint got a clue where best suits him.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:52

i think theres only been a few games where we had tons of chances. ie west ham portsmouth in the cup and blackpool 2nd half to name a few.

the problem is vdv. when he plays we tend to play 451.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 10:19

Lought you need stringing up by the plums mate, i have never read so much bull in my life.

You keep citing results against west ham and wigan but say nothing about the away win at the goons or other results that went our way.

If you want harry sacked then you need your head testing as well, without him we would be exactly where the likes of blackburn and fulham are now, as it is we are still on course to challenge for 4th, we need a couple of results and we will be back on course, man city and chelsea are still within reach, and we still have to play them............our season hasnt ended yet mate, support the fcking bloke for what he has done in 2 years and not constantly on his case to be sacked.........or do you want us to go down that road of " i need 5 years to rebuild " usual quotes from new spurs managers.

Fans wanting harry sacked are mad! and we wont get fcking mourinho if he is sacked...case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

Lought mate ....you dont appreciate how far we have gone under harry, and you wont appreciate him until you and others like you have hounded him out, and sent spurs back into the wilderness.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 10:33

what 5th lol jol took us there.

ion i dont remember crouch and defoe scoring many goals in the year 2010.

harry brought them players. hes brough loads of 2nd mill players.

im not sayin harry should be sacked. but we havent moved on from last season.

lew if we go out the cup to madrid and finnish5 or 6th will you be happy nowing we blown away so many games this season.

also can you see harry selling defoe or crouch. they are hes fav players.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 04 2011, 19:12

Harry got us here, he should continue in my opinion but it's all about opinions isn't it?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 21:54

Going to play Devil's advocate here. Copied below an article written by Alan Hansen from todays Telegraph . . . . .

Alan Hansen: give Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp the England job because he deserves it
    The clamour for Harry Redknapp to become the next England manager will be impossible to ignore if he can get the better of Jose Mourinho by guiding Tottenham to the Champions League semi-finals.

Harry has already taken Spurs fans into dreamland this season with his team’s achievements against Europe’s biggest and best and, if he were to leave tomorrow, his legendary status at White Hart Lane would be secure.

But I suspect it would be easy for him to take the England job as Fabio Capello’s successor because he has probably taken Spurs as far as he can.

Playing Real Madrid in the quarter-finals of the Champions League will be one of the biggest games the club have ever faced, but I don’t see Spurs winning the competition, so how does Harry top this season?

If Spurs end up playing in the Europa League next year, it will feel like the Conference in comparison to the occasions that they have enjoyed during this campaign.

When Harry walked into the job at Spurs just over three years ago, they were bottom of the Premier League and battling to stay up, so to oversee such progress so quickly has been a remarkable achievement.

But if you give supporters something wonderful, they will only want more. This season has been an amazing journey, but it will count for little if Spurs are playing in some unappealing place on a Thursday night in the Europa League next year.

His success at Tottenham Hotspur has, in my opinion, made Harry the only serious English candidate to succeed Capello when his contract as England manager expires after Euro 2012.

And at 64, Harry will know that this will be his last chance to land his dream job.

The time has come for England to have an English manager again, though, because those who suggested that a foreign coach was the right way to go have been proved utterly wrong.

There is always a fad in football that people will try to take up. When Italy won the World Cup in 1982, there was a fashion for the sweeper system and foreign coaches has become another in recent years.

Success in football is rooted in managers getting the best out of their players by understanding their mentality and getting them to perform at their best.

In the past two World Cups, England failed to live up to expectations because neither Sven-Goran Eriksson in 2006 nor Capello in 2010 could get the best out of the players they had.

Neither Eriksson nor Capello truly understood the English mentality, but that is never going to be an issue with Harry.

Scotland had similar problems under Berti Vogts. He was a top player and manager, but he never understood the mentality of the players. Yet when Walter Smith replaced him, the same players were transformed.

Harry’s ability to get the best from his players has been borne out by his success at Tottenham and nobody sums that up better than William Gallas.

As a Frenchman, Gallas is obviously not English, but after 10 years in the Premier League, his mentality will have been influenced by those around him and is therefore a valid example of Redknapp’s managerial ability.

When Gallas arrived at Spurs from Arsenal last summer, he was still one of the top three centre-backs and full-backs around, but the problems he had at Chelsea continued to haunt him at the Emirates.

Players of his experience tend not to change, but Harry has certainly done something because Gallas has been unbelievable for Tottenham this season.

It is a classic example of Harry understanding how to deal with players to coax the best from them and, from an England point of view, he is the only realistic candidate.

Overcoming Mourinho and Real Madrid would be a huge achievement, but the key aspect in Tottenham’s prospects surrounds the availability, or otherwise, of Cristiano Ronaldo.

If he fails to prove his fitness after injury and misses out for Real, then Spurs will have a chance.

The game has been billed as Ronaldo versus Gareth Bale, but while Bale has destroyed some of his opponents in Europe this season, teams in the Premier League have started to frustrate him by doubling up on him.

Real aren’t a great team by any means, but they are still Real Madrid and it will be extremely difficult for Spurs to turn it on and find their best form so soon after a poor performance at Wigan.

They have managed to do that at times this season, but sooner or later, it won’t happen and you will find yourselves in trouble.

And if Spurs go out, you would have to ask how Harry could possibly improve on what he has already achieved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29 2024, 00:22