The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) Empty WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Tue Apr 26 2011, 23:34

Now first off let me stress i in no way want to see the back of HARRY!

But i do have a few gripes,,,

First VDV a big game player that's well worth his place at times, but bring on the smaller teams & we see a different player. He was meant to be right sided against WBA but was never there leaving us one dimensional & they just kept attacking the space he left!

2nd, Why Lennon when he does get a game lately down the left, doesn't Harry have the bottle to tell VDV not today son going a different way.

3rd, VDV was a very happy chappie start of the season when he was just allowed to take free-kicks corners all the time. But lately i've noticed others taking the ball from him & him not liking it. Get a feeling there maybe a couple of personality clashes developing.

4th, Harry doesn't rotate his squad enough uses the same players regardless. What's the point of having such a good squad if it's never utilised.

But i do believe two things have been the major factors in us not really kicking on this season.

1st Crouch, Pavlyuchenko & Defoe all having season's in front of goal in the league to forget. Doesn't matter how good your midfield is if your strikers aren't doing the business on the pitch you'll struggle for goals. plus even if they have scored they've been left out next game & don't know where they stand. That can't be good for the morale can it.

2nd, I really believe that there is a few players at the club that have been letting the grass grow under there feet a bit this season thinking all the hard work was down last season to get CL & we would do it again this season in cruise control. Well that's not happening. Great teams work hard for each other for 90 minutes week in week out & we haven't been that consistent. We not owed any thing & the players are going to have to come to terms with that pretty soon.

WE are very lucky that we have a good manager & a good squad but they have to evolve together & get stronger but that hasn't happened this year. It has to next IF we keep all the players that is, which i think we will they'll give us one more season to get back in the CL if we don't do it this season which is not in our hands any more.

WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take) Empty Re: WHAT'S HAPPENING (My Take)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:10

spot on jim.

i wish vdv didnt start every game. bale needs to up hes game.

and your right that when 1 of o ur strikers scores he gets dropped next game.

1st it was pav then i remember defoe aganst wolves scored 2 then is dropped then crouch scores and is dropped.

im sure pav and defoe will be dropped next sat even after scoring 2 good goals.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:38