The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bridging the gooner gap. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bridging the gooner gap. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Bridging the gooner gap.

Bridging the gooner gap. Empty Bridging the gooner gap.

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 07:32

You know what is so frustrating about this year is the fact that the goons cl place was there for the taking and throwing points away against the lower sides cost us that place.

This time last year burger and myself were arguing about where man city would end up,i knew our cl spot would be under threat but i also thought they would get ahead of the goons, which proved to be true, i also think i said that its possible the goons wouldnt qualify if we maintained progress, and thats the annoying thing, they were there for the taking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as baz would say . lol!

So lets look at the prospect for next year, can we do it ?

Well the goons will have to improve that side, and i think we could do them if , and its a big if the right players are brought in, and if we keep our best players, if ferguson opens his big mouth and hints at names then it might unsettle whoever he fancies at spurs, he needs to be told no and simply f*ck off because you aint strengthening your side to win another prem at our expense.

Has anyone thought about the fact that since comolli left the goons that they arent getting as many cheap french youngsters as they used to ?

You have to also bring chelsea into the fragile zone too because they have a massive rebuilding job finding replacements for some of their aging stars.

So heres, a prediction for next season, the two manchester sides will be hard to beat, so lets say realistically that they will fill the top 2 places, chelsea wont challenge unless mourinho comes back to manage them and rebuilds quickly.........third at best for them...........then the goons and liverpool, i think liverpool will be better than they have been in recent season but its hard to say where they might finish ?

The goons need to spend big time, to keep us at bay, i think the cl was our undoing,they finished 6 points ahead of us through the fact that we had a bad patch.

Now the europa isnt the cl, i dont think the players will be saving themselves for that comp and i hope harry bloods loads of the youngsters rather than all the loaning out like this term, we had 10 players loaned out this season, and then we had gallas used as a right back when hutton and corluka were crocked, kyle walker was at villa doing his stuff. lol!

So heres my prediction and i know its early but i reckon harry will put a few things right.

Spurs to finish fourth, the goons fifth or sixth with liverpool breathing down their knecks.

It will be good for the goons, a season out the cl. lol!

Bridging the gooner gap. Empty Re: Bridging the gooner gap.

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 07:59

but we keep saying this. its another season wasted where we should of over took them.

look at manchini last season. he new they had to do better this season and they got 3rd and yet only won 3 away games since xmas.
    they got to fa cup final and had to contend with uefa cup and there sqaud is no better then ours .

hart has kept 18 clean sheets.

if harry does the right things in the summer and get rid of the dead wood is ohare alwick bentley hutton and 2 of the strikers then we dont need to buy many players. just 2 strikers and a keeper

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 08:36

lewspurs wrote:
    You know what is so frustrating about this year is the fact that the goons cl place was there for the taking and throwing points away against the lower sides cost us that place.

This time last year burger and myself were arguing about where man city would end up,i knew our cl spot would be under threat but i also thought they would get ahead of the goons, which proved to be true, i also think i said that its possible the goons wouldnt qualify if we maintained progress, and thats the annoying thing, they were there for the taking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as baz would say . lol!

Well the goons will have to improve that side, and i think we could do them if , and its a big if the right players are brought in, and if we keep our best players, if ferguson opens his big mouth and hints at names then it might unsettle whoever he fancies at spurs, he needs to be told no and simply f*ck off because you aint strengthening your side to win another prem at our expense.

Has anyone thought about the fact that since comolli left the goons that they arent getting as many cheap french youngsters as they used to ?

You have to also bring chelsea into the fragile zone too because they have a massive rebuilding job finding replacements for some of their aging stars.

So heres, a prediction for next season, the two manchester sides will be hard to beat, so lets say realistically that they will fill the top 2 places, chelsea wont challenge unless mourinho comes back to manage them and rebuilds quickly.........third at best for them...........then the goons and liverpool, i think liverpool will be better than they have been in recent season but its hard to say where they might finish ?

The goons need to spend big time, to keep us at bay, i think the cl was our undoing,they finished 6 points ahead of us through the fact that we had a bad patch.

Now the europa isnt the cl, i dont think the players will be saving themselves for that comp and i hope harry bloods loads of the youngsters rather than all the loaning out like this term, we had 10 players loaned out this season, and then we had gallas used as a right back when hutton and corluka were crocked, kyle walker was at villa doing his stuff. lol!

So heres my prediction and i know its early but i reckon harry will put a few things right.

Spurs to finish fourth, the goons fifth or sixth with liverpool breathing down their knecks.

do u wanna another bet then lew, yids arsenal this time, arsenal got 12 points in there last 11 games lew and we still finshed 6 points ahead, if u think thats yids catching up so be it, but the facts are there and yid were and man city for that matter anywhere near us with 5 games to go, it was our disastrous run in that made it closer than it should of been, funny post tho.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue May 24 2011, 08:51

they wont never win anything again, i still lol @ the carling cup , they took it so serious then got turned over by Birmingham, omg the ironic part was they used to call it the Micky mouse cup, yet this time it was SERIOUS BUSINESS cos they hadn't won ziltch in DONKEYS lol!

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 08:56

your right lobs, we fell apart after the cc cup, still finshed higher than you tho, our worst side in probably wengers reign stills finshes 6 points ahead of the best side yids have had in years, i see why u r finding it funny now.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 24 2011, 10:10

Ah but Burgs. The gap used to be massive 15 points 10 points 8 points now its 6 points. We are making progress. Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 15:53

burger is back again wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

do u wanna another bet then lew, yids arsenal this time, arsenal got 12 points in there last 11 games lew and we still finshed 6 points ahead, if u think thats yids catching up so be it, but the facts are there and yid were and man city for that matter anywhere near us with 5 games to go, it was our disastrous run in that made it closer than it should of been, funny post tho.

I will take the bet on burg ! you goons did have a disasterous run but do you think it was down to the fact that you are slipping out the top 4 now rather than bad luck? you havent won a thing in years.

How can you odds west ham taking 4 points off us, or wigan winning at whl ? cant you see mate the cl proved deadly for us in the prem, we were overhung for some games, add the fact that the games we were up for we did well in ..ie...taking 4 points off your lot lol! you arent 6 points better than us and you know it.

Yeah i will keep taking tenners off you burg if you want, us to finish higher, bet to paid as soon as mathematically dictated impossible for one to finish higher than the other. cheers

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 17:50

u r welcome to the tenner lew, it is only kwitz from last year remember as u did bet spurs last year to finish higher as well, u had that much confidence that they would do it this year you backed man city instead, which turned out to be a good move. as for next year we will finsh higher than spuds but i have to admit i think your right about man city, i was hoping there mega rich train would de rail, it dont look like it will and with another 100 million being spent they will be a force. bets on tho lew, same amount for charity, yids arsenal next season, im going on hols friday lew (wont say where)so will drop a crisp ten pound into brooke when i get back, i need a po box or address to send receipt to, in box me details or use a third party or somat, not sure wats the best way to do it tbh, anyway yids u will get some peace from me for 6 weeks, enjoy your summer and dont spent too much on has been players.

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 17:51

BazSpur wrote:Ah but Burgs. The gap used to be massive 15 points 10 points 8 points now its 6 points. We are making progress. Very Happy
    the gap is as close as it has ever been baz
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 24 2011, 17:57

No, never been closer Burgs.

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 18:06

BazSpur wrote:No, never been closer Burgs.
    thats wat i was trying to say baz, not very well obviously,the gap has been close apart from ome ramos season for about 8 years now, but last season with the quality added, the gap is even closer. i wont have your bad patch as an opportunity lost tho as our bad patch was worse.

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 04:23

burger is back again wrote:u r welcome to the tenner lew, it is only kwitz from last year remember as u did bet spurs last year to finish higher as well, u had that much confidence that they would do it this year you backed man city instead, which turned out to be a good move. as for next year we will finsh higher than spuds but i have to admit i think your right about man city, i was hoping there mega rich train would de rail, it dont look like it will and with another 100 million being spent they will be a force. bets on tho lew, same amount for charity, yids arsenal next season, im going on hols friday lew (wont say where)so will drop a crisp ten pound into brooke when i get back, i need a po box or address to send receipt to, in box me details or use a third party or somat, not sure wats the best way to do it tbh, anyway yids u will get some peace from me for 6 weeks, enjoy your summer and dont spent too much on has been players.

You dont have to give me any peace for 6 weeks burg, always enjoy the banter between us.

To be honest i cant remember saying we would finish above you last term, but i thought city would, i remember saying that they would overtake you, and that it was possible you could lose your cl place to us but, i had us down for 5th and wouldnt have gambled on us doing you for 4th, but that it was possible.

Post by Guest Thu May 26 2011, 05:16

not this season lew, im sure someone had a bet the year before, it could of been vis, man city worry me now, i thought mancini was the weak link there, his football is negative but if u can hand pick the players he will be able too i suppose its not a bad tactic, mourinho does well with it and i think thats who mancini is trying to copy in his style

Post by Guest Thu May 26 2011, 06:51

burger is back again wrote:not this season lew, im sure someone had a bet the year before, it could of been vis, man city worry me now, i thought mancini was the weak link there, his football is negative but if u can hand pick the players he will be able too i suppose its not a bad tactic, mourinho does well with it and i think thats who mancini is trying to copy in his style

Yes i seem to remember someone saying we would finish above you, cant remember who exactly.

To tell the honest truth burg, i am a bloke that believes in the law of averages, man utd, chelsea ,arsenal and liverpool couldnt keep taking those cl places year in year out, to me it just coincided with the spending power man city now have, i just felt that they would finish above you and us for that reason.

I was hopeful we might reach you this term, but felt the cl would cost us prem points.

Anyway have a great holiday.

Will send you details when you get back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 09:41