The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
JOL is back EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
JOL is back EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
JOL is back EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
JOL is back EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
JOL is back EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
JOL is back EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
JOL is back EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
JOL is back EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
JOL is back EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

JOL is back Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
LOBO
6 posters

JOL is back

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

JOL is back Empty JOL is back

Post by LOBO Tue Jun 07 2011, 21:59

I know this has nothing to do with THFC but i think this is worthy what with his past links to spurs

Great to see him back in the Prem hope he proves a success and when arry goes next year can come to us Smile

GOOD LUCK Martin cheers
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

JOL is back Empty Re: JOL is back

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 07 2011, 22:25

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Jun 08 2011, 05:21

I wonder how much a Fulham season ticket cost.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 08:05

Heard Lawrie Sanchez on he radio about this and he sounds bitter. Reckons Big Mart hasn't acheived much since leaving Spurs and questioned the judgement of the Egyptian grocer in making the appointment . . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jun 08 2011, 08:09

Can you imagine the reception jol will get at the lane.. he will bring the house down ..

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 08:11

Singing "I love Martin Jol, Martin Jol loves me" . . . . . . snog
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 08 2011, 08:17

lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 08 2011, 08:18

He's got no hair but we don't care Martin, Martin Jol. Lol.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 08:21

I wonder what the odds are on the 1st game of the season being Spurs V Foolham at The Lane ? That would be a Noon kick-off for sure . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 08 2011, 08:23

Legend.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Jun 09 2011, 01:59

I still don't rate him in the long term and can see him be gone within a year.
    Nice guy but not a top manager in my opinion.

Fulham for a relegation fight in my opinion. But I thought they would be before Jol joined so we will see what he is made of.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 08:02

totalytot wrote:

Fulham for a relegation fight in my opinion. But I thought they would be before Jol joined so we will see what he is made of.

Mikey M

I have to second mike on his view here, also i dont really know why the subject of jol being manager of fulham rates such discussion, like he was bill nic reincarnated, jol still gets the plaudits while harry is still being slagged off on here, yet harry has done so much more for spurs and given us a season of excitement, when the truth is that jol only ever gave us promise.

Ok ! some would have him back tomorrow, if that were to happen it would be a backward step in my opinion.

The truth is that jol was brought in as coach all those years ago under santini, he then had the main job thrust on him and did a good job, you cant take that away from him, but if he was to return to spurs i would only see him in the same role he had under santini, as coach.

I rate him a good coach, and under harry ? who knows ?

But its the past.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 09 2011, 08:22

I don't think the love for BMJ is to do with his Managerial record with us although how we forget too easily that had it not been for dodgy Lasagne or whatever on that fateful day at the Spams he may well have got us into the CL before Harry but that is by the by now but he did get two top five finishes which with the team he had which incidentally wasn't a patch on the one we have now was some achievement. Also the team that won the CC with Ramos was by and large Jolly's team. You could say of course that it was Ramos tactics that won us the CC except he couldn't even speak English and if he was a tactical genius then it didn't work in the Prem games. We love Jol because he was larger than life and a great Carachter, he loved Spurs and the fans and that fans loved him.

Last edited by BazSpur on Thu Jun 09 2011, 09:30; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 08:39

Singing "I love Martin Jol, Martin Jol loves me" . . . . . snog
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jun 09 2011, 09:28

lewspurs wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

I have to second mike on his view here, also i dont really know why the subject of jol being manager of fulham rates such discussion,

Your only jealous cos i beat ya to it lol!
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jun 09 2011, 23:33

Mikey, I think you will see Jol at Fulham for at least three season's, there chairman has a bit more patience than our's, and should Jol finish 5th with Fulham once in the next couple of season's, I do not think you will see him sacked for only getting them to 5th. As for us talking about Jol joining Fulham Lew why not? he was a Spurs manager, and a good one imo, and had Levy not started sounding out Ramos behind Jol's back and then stabbing him in the back by sacking him while we were playing a Euro game and had a bit more patience by standing by Jol, I believe he could have took us into the top four, had he been given the money to by the player's he wanted instead of Cammoli or what ever his bl--dy name was. As for talking about Jol, no difference to talking about Bill, Keith, or any past player's, all ex Spurs, part of the club's history, all in the Spurs book of record's. I will not forget Jol, Bill or any one that was a part of this club, why should any of us?.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 10 2011, 00:21

Quite right Len.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 00:55

Well if you lot want to live in the past then its ok by me ! but you know what amazes me is that however much harry achieves that he will never get any plaudits, all he will get is moan ,moan , moan, he should have done this or he should have done that, played this or that player, whatever he does is wrong, we could have been in the cl again, (almost as if we do it every flaming year) lol!

Now take jolly boy , who by the way i backed at the time when there were hunters and jolers on the old aol board at each others throats, what did he achieve ? 2 x 5th place finishes, and that was great, europe and all and progress made on the gooners, and didnt he get all the credit for it at the time and apparently still is by those that want him back.

Harry gets fck all from loads of posters on here, all he gets is negativity from whatever comment he makes, or implies, whatever player or team he chooses to play,or who he buys, now if that was jolly boy who just gave us a cl season through to the last 8, and finished 5th and a place in europe again, what a hero he would be............. lol!

Lets see what jol achieves at fulham, because they dont demand a lot there, just prem safety and respectability, lets see what he does with a chairman who gives fck all for new players.

Thats the measure of a good manager, and harry has done it at clubs with no money, lets see what jol does, and good luck to the lovable old sod. lol!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 10 2011, 02:30

Harry brings a lot of the negativity on himself Lew. Just a decent word here and there would help. Harry made a big mistake calling some Spurs fans idiots. He will never live that down now unless he does something spectacular. I and others said at the time it wasn't a wise move on his part and so it has turned out. I wouldn't have done that and I don't know any other manager who has done that. They have more sense. There were a lot who didn't like Harry being named as our manager and when you have that situation the one thing you don't do is inflame it. You have to have a modicum of common sense.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 02:51

What he said baz was "who are these idiots who ring up phone ins" and something about his dad never had such a thing in his day.

Surely what he does as a spurs manager is more important than a quote about people who phone in and dont know the true situation at the club to pass viable comments.

Now we can pass an opinion on here all day , and that is our right, we can interpret things in our own way but that doesnt make it right.

You know ! i often have to go to london on business, and when i leave my work partner at the market on his own i get all sorts of stuff coming at me from the other market traders, comments like " lew fancied the day off" "met up with his bit on the side " " gone to the recording studio " "gone to play golf " " sitting at home drinking tea " etc etc get my point.......even my work mate believes it sometimes, but the truth is that going to london is part and parcel of my business, if i dont go there every so often the work dries up........but those other traders are guessing at what i am really doing.

What i am trying to say in a nutshell is that we can pass an opinion about what is happening at spurs but only those in charge there really know what is going on with players, and injuries etc etc, it was a strong word to use "idiots " but thats how i feel sometimes when i get those comments myself, and it only winds my business partner up because sometimes he believes it...the idiot. lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 10 2011, 03:18

'The reaction doesn't hurt me. The
    reason I don't listen to phone-ins is because you're talking about
    idiots,' he said. 'Who rings up a radio station? My dad lived for
    football, went every Saturday, but he wouldn't pick up the phone to a
    radio station. It's absolute nonsense.'They're idiots who don't even watch football. They say, "We were rubbish today".
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387015/Harry-Redknapp-blasts-Tottenhams-idiot-fans-failing-qualify-Champions-League.html#ixzz1OnPv126P

Is what he actually said. listen Lew. I am not advocating he should go but he has to be careful what he says.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jun 10 2011, 05:08

By saying what I thought of Jol and how I wish he had been given more time to prove himself as a reward for getting us to 5th twice does not mean that I want Harry to leave Lew. Harry has done very well, and so he should given the squad he has compared to that of Jol, I hope he stay's to finnish the job and get us into the top four again, but he has not shown the passion and love for this club that Bill, Keith, and Jol had shown as manager's. He sometime's shows negativity by saying we will never be able to compete with the top four, we as supporter's do not want to hear that, better to say that with the right player's we will be as good as them one day, give us hope even though deep down we all know it will take year's before we are as good as United. He sometime's gives me the impression that he has done a great job but this is as far as I can take Spurs. I said a while ago he should concentrate on getting on with the job he is paid so very well to do, and keep a bit of a low profile, no talk about the England job, no putting the supporter's down, but I do not think he can because it all seems to be about Harry, good manager but a bit to full of himself imo.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 18:34

Boltjean wrote:By saying what I thought of Jol and how I wish he had been given more time to prove himself as a reward for getting us to 5th twice does not mean that I want Harry to leave Lew. Harry has done very well, and so he should given the squad he has compared to that of Jol, I hope he stay's to finnish the job and get us into the top four again, but he has not shown the passion and love for this club that Bill, Keith, and Jol had shown as manager's. He sometime's shows negativity by saying we will never be able to compete with the top four, we as supporter's do not want to hear that, better to say that with the right player's we will be as good as them one day, give us hope even though deep down we all know it will take year's before we are as good as United. He sometime's gives me the impression that he has done a great job but this is as far as I can take Spurs. I said a while ago he should concentrate on getting on with the job he is paid so very well to do, and keep a bit of a low profile, no talk about the England job, no putting the supporter's down, but I do not think he can because it all seems to be about Harry, good manager but a bit to full of himself imo.

Well it seems to me len that harry is being realistic by saying what you claim he say,s, do you want to hear him say "we can win the title"? only to fail and be crucified by all spurs fans for saying such a thing.

We will only compete with the top 4 if and when lewis sells the club to rich owners who are willing to poor money into the club, enic have made money available for signings over the years but have their limits.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 10 2011, 21:00

Harry did say we can win the title Lew. Last season remember?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 11 2011, 01:45

"who are these idiots who ring up phone ins" and something about his dad never had such a thing in his day.[i]

Regarding the phone in rumpus ... You apologists on all things Harry need to look beyond the box and not just be thinking how ungrateful some of the support is ...

The problem is, as highlighted by many, are the poor the results we've had under Harry's leadership against the weaker opponent ....

Now we can put our loss of points against these weaker teams all down to our forward line if we like ... Of which incidently, 3/4s of it are his signings at the cost of a near £40m ...

We can also say that the team didnt try hard enough , was over confident against the, Blackpools, Wigans and the Spammers etc and again the manager is not to blame here either for having his players ill prepared ?

Myself and plenty others also happen to think its down to the managers tactics , substitutions, squad player rotations etc...

When we see a player come off the bench and knock in two winners in back to back games and then not get a look-in, we wonder why ?

When we see a center forward struggling to find form and goals too , plays his best game at Molineux and gets two goals only to be dropped for the next game, we wonder why ?

When we see our winger carried off on a stretcher and replaced by Crouch thus giving up our midfield dominance and allowing the opponent back into the game, we wonder why ?

Well , plenty of us happen to think that the reason we see these things happen and thus saw points thrown away is perhaps due to the arrogance of the manager as displayed in many of his interviews such as the one in question here ...

So what many are saying is that an over inflated ego can at times get in the way of good decision making which can prove , has proved, costly to the club with its failure to qualify for the CL and now what we see is all this uncertanty regarding holding onto our best players!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 10 2024, 00:45