The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
JOL is back - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

JOL is back - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
LOBO
6 posters

JOL is back

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

JOL is back - Page 2 Empty Re: JOL is back

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 11 2011, 01:48

Good to see the Big man back in the premeirship ...Maybe Houghtan will end up there too ...

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 02:18

ArnieArdiles wrote: "who are these idiots who ring up phone ins" and something about his dad never had such a thing in his day.[i]

Regarding the phone in rumpus ... You apologists on all things Harry need to look beyond the box and not just be thinking how ungrateful some of the support is ...

The problem is, as highlighted by many, are the poor the results we've had under Harry's leadership against the weaker opponent ....

Now we can put our loss of points against these weaker teams all down to our forward line if we like ... Of which incidently, 3/4s of it are his signings at the cost of a near £40m ...

We can also say that the team didnt try hard enough , was over confident against the, Blackpools, Wigans and the Spammers etc and again the manager is not to blame here either for having his players ill prepared ?

Myself and plenty others also happen to think its down to the managers tactics , substitutions, squad player rotations etc...

When we see a player come off the bench and knock in two winners in back to back games and then not get a look-in, we wonder why ?

When we see a center forward struggling to find form and goals too , plays his best game at Molineux and gets two goals only to be dropped for the next game, we wonder why ?

When we see our winger carried off on a stretcher and replaced by Crouch thus giving up our midfield dominance and allowing the opponent back into the game, we wonder why ?

Well , plenty of us happen to think that the reason we see these things happen and thus saw points thrown away is perhaps due to the arrogance of the manager as displayed in many of his interviews such as the one in question here ...

So what many are saying is that an over inflated ego can at times get in the way of good decision making which can prove , has proved, costly to the club with its failure to qualify for the CL and now what we see is all this uncertanty regarding holding onto our best players!

Well lets take this point by point arnie, i am not apologising for harry, as you say such a big ego can speak up for himself, i was putting forward alternatives,and as have so many times been pointed out how us spurs fans are fickle....lol..wasnt too long ago we had hunters and jolers and now some would want jol back, as for ungrateful...lol, you have just supported a team that got in the last eight of the cl, wasnt that a good season and a first ever.

As for the results against the spams ,wigans uncle tom cobley and all, perhaps we should take gallas,s word for it that the players approached those games as won, bad attitude i know but maybe he,s right.

Pavs back to back goals, and now he is the unsung spurs hero striker that doesnt get a look in, check the games arnie and see how many he played in, you may have a surprise ! and then NOT wonder why.

Bale carried off and replaced by crouch, yeah funny one that, is it the game where harry didnt have too many options.?

Then its all down to the arrogance of the manager, the same arrogant manager who I REPEAT did us proud in the cl and brought in millions to the club, maybe millions enough to make the difference in who we get in this year, if lewis and levy allow the purse strings to be let loose.

Then of course as we are talking about arrogance, we have those praying mourinho might (JUST MIGHT) consider being our next manager...................and of course he is very sparing with his arrogance is he not? lol!

Arnie ! i get where every spurs fan is coming from by being called an idiot, by not seeing krancjar used more, by the pointless signing of pienaar, by the loaning out of players that could do a job for us, i too am rattled by all those decisions but i dont let it blind me to the fact in what harry has achieved in a short space of time, and harry has the right to defend himself verbally by fans that phone in and question every little decision he makes.

Now if it were only jol that was in charge, and got us in the cl, and then did what harry did this season, many would be saying what a great first time cl baptism for us and might be looking forward to next season hoping to get back up there with the top tier clubs, and what a hero big mart is and that it was just a blip in prem form, only to be expected with the tough games in the cl.

Such are memories and all i can say to you anti harry blokes is " you dont know what you have ! until you lose it Crying or Very sad
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 11 2011, 03:00

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote: "who are these idiots who ring up phone ins" and something about his dad never had such a thing in his day.[i]

Regarding the phone in rumpus ... You apologists on all things Harry need to look beyond the box and not just be thinking how ungrateful some of the support is ...

The problem is, as highlighted by many, are the poor the results we've had under Harry's leadership against the weaker opponent ....

Now we can put our loss of points against these weaker teams all down to our forward line if we like ... Of which incidently, 3/4s of it are his signings at the cost of a near £40m ...

We can also say that the team didnt try hard enough , was over confident against the, Blackpools, Wigans and the Spammers etc and again the manager is not to blame here either for having his players ill prepared ?

Myself and plenty others also happen to think its down to the managers tactics , substitutions, squad player rotations etc...

When we see a player come off the bench and knock in two winners in back to back games and then not get a look-in, we wonder why ?

When we see a center forward struggling to find form and goals too , plays his best game at Molineux and gets two goals only to be dropped for the next game, we wonder why ?

When we see our winger carried off on a stretcher and replaced by Crouch thus giving up our midfield dominance and allowing the opponent back into the game, we wonder why ?

Well , plenty of us happen to think that the reason we see these things happen and thus saw points thrown away is perhaps due to the arrogance of the manager as displayed in many of his interviews such as the one in question here ...

So what many are saying is that an over inflated ego can at times get in the way of good decision making which can prove , has proved, costly to the club with its failure to qualify for the CL and now what we see is all this uncertanty regarding holding onto our best players!

Well lets take this point by point arnie, i am not apologising for harry, as you say such a big ego can speak up for himself, i was putting forward alternatives,and as have so many times been pointed out how us spurs fans are fickle....lol..wasnt too long ago we had hunters and jolers and now some would want jol back, as for ungrateful...lol, you have just supported a team that got in the last eight of the cl, wasnt that a good season and a first ever.

But you're apologising for Harry's remarks, Lew and have defended his right to reply to fans that use phone-ins to question whats going on with regards the team ...You defend his right to label your fellow yids idiots ... No doubt some are but the manager IMO cannot say that , you think different....

As for the results against the spams ,wigans uncle tom cobley and all, perhaps we should take gallas,s word for it that the players approached those games as won, bad attitude i know but maybe he,s right.

I just dont think Gallas is going to say after criticising the players, "oh and also the manager fkd up too" ?

Pavs back to back goals, and now he is the unsung spurs hero striker that doesnt get a look in, check the games arnie and see how many he played in, you may have a surprise ! and then NOT wonder why.

Bale carried off and replaced by crouch, yeah funny one that, is it the game where harry didnt have too many options.?

Bale got injured in the 60th minute against Blackpool and Crouch came on for him ....Niko Kranjcar was later used from the bench in the 89th minute.....

Then its all down to the arrogance of the manager, the same arrogant manager who I REPEAT did us proud in the cl and brought in millions to the club, maybe millions enough to make the difference in who we get in this year, if lewis and levy allow the purse strings to be let loose.

Yep he did good in the CL and you're doing it too ..."HE did us proud" ...So too did the players? ....

But the CL was not the priority , its the premeirship that is debated here and where the criticism is being raised .... I listened to some of those phone-ins and I cant recall one criticism of the CL performances ...This is all about the premeirship.

I agree with you about ENIC , Joe Lewis and Levy about loosning the purse strings but if Im honest, I also dont blame them for not doing so , not with Harrys track record in getting value and the right players in ...Also, just the other day , Harry says in an interview, "if the England job was offered next summer, it would be difficult to turn it down"....

Then of course as we are talking about arrogance, we have those praying mourinho might (JUST MIGHT) consider being our next manager...................and of course he is very sparing with his arrogance is he not? lol!

He has the CV to back his arrogance ?

Arnie ! i get where every spurs fan is coming from by being called an idiot, by not seeing krancjar used more, by the pointless signing of pienaar, by the loaning out of players that could do a job for us, i too am rattled by all those decisions but i dont let it blind me to the fact in what harry has achieved in a short space of time, and harry has the right to defend himself verbally by fans that phone in and question every little decision he makes.

Nope , he doesnt ... ..To do it , repeated too as he said it in two separate occasions , the latter being just after a home win on the last day of the season ...Its bad management IMO

Now if it were only jol that was in charge, and got us in the cl, and then did what harry did this season, many would be saying what a great first time cl baptism for us and might be looking forward to next season hoping to get back up there with the top tier clubs, and what a hero big mart is and that it was just a blip in prem form, only to be expected with the tough games in the cl.

Then you have ask yourself why that is then Lew ?
    Perhaps its something to do with long term commitment being shown and not the lifting of the skirt the moment the Chavs sack their manager?

Such are memories and all i can say to you anti harry blokes is " you dont know what you have ! until you lose it Crying or Very sad

I'm thinking Harry has one more season at Spurs and that's no good for it to be known .... so I dont expect Levy to loosen the purse strings.... We're a club entering a season of procrastination...It suits ENIC and it suits Harry ....The idiots meanwhile will get further uppity ...
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Jun 11 2011, 03:56

Just heard this news when i got home today, fantastic to see the big man back and hope he get the reception he deserves when he returns to the Lane!!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 07:53

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

But you're apologising for Harry's remarks, Lew and have defended his right to reply to fans that use phone-ins to question whats going on with regards the team ...You defend his right to label your fellow yids idiots ... No doubt some are but the manager IMO cannot say that , you think different....

I just dont think Gallas is going to say after criticising the players, "oh and also the manager fkd up too" ?

Bale got injured in the 60th minute against Blackpool and Crouch came on for him ....Niko Kranjcar was later used from the bench in the 89th minute.....

Yep he did good in the CL and you're doing it too ..."HE did us proud" ...So too did the players? ....

But the CL was not the priority , its the premeirship that is debated here and where the criticism is being raised .... I listened to some of those phone-ins and I cant recall one criticism of the CL performances ...This is all about the premeirship.

I agree with you about ENIC , Joe Lewis and Levy about loosning the purse strings but if Im honest, I also dont blame them for not doing so , not with Harrys track record in getting value and the right players in ...Also, just the other day , Harry says in an interview, "if the England job was offered next summer, it would be difficult to turn it down"....

Nope , he doesnt ... ..To do it , repeated too as he said it in two separate occasions , the latter being just after a home win on the last day of the season ...Its bad management IMO

Perhaps its something to do with long term commitment being shown and not the lifting of the skirt the moment the Chavs sack their manager?

I'm thinking Harry has one more season at Spurs and that's no good for it to be known .... so I dont expect Levy to loosen the purse strings.... We're a club entering a season of procrastination...It suits ENIC and it suits Harry ....The idiots meanwhile will get further uppity ...

Arnie we could go on arguing the toss about this for ages, you and many others obviously are insulted by what harry said, but you know it doesnt bother me in the slightest because we dont just dont know what is going on to make comments on phones ins or forums, we can voice an opinion but it doesnt make it right, and if harry feels those comments are unfounded then he is telling it the way he feels, he is the manager and at the end of the day he takes the flak and hasnt he just.

How do you, me , or anyone else know the facts behind harrys decisions on who to substitute during a game? or who he should choose, who he should loan out etc etc.? how do you know krancjar wasnt carrying an injury ? or wasnt 100% fit to come on for bale? all of a sudden we are all football managers and know whats best for the team..... lol!

How can you add to gallas,s comments " oh the manager fcked up too " lol! ? the same manager who in the previous season achieved 4th, dont you ever think that as well as the players it was also harrys first venture into the cl, and he did give it priority, but so did the players, they are to blame also for that naivety.

On we go to mourinho and his right to be arrogant,his initial glory was at porto but since then he has been at clubs with millions to spend, and clubs that are more attractive a propostition to play for than spurs, sad truth but lets be honest here, 36,000 capacity ground, wages ceiling etc etc, yeah jose can be arrogant cant he,? while harry cant with the resources he has shouldnt dare to be. lol!

Yeah lets ask why big mart would get more praise if he achieved what harry has at spurs, maybe because he is a big soft lovable nellie , who did well, was taken to the hearts of spurs fans, but trod the same path as hoddle, ardiles, francis, gross and all the other losers we have had since burkinshaw , sacked without a trace and has done nothing of note since.

Then the chelsea job lol! lifted his skirt...what rubbish, all harry said was that he knew nothing about it and all of a sudden you come out with a clanger like that, ffs arnie ! you been sniffing something strange lately?

Lets end by saying i wasnt happy with the comments from harry, i dont do phone ins but i do forums, so it probably equates to the same thing, but as you have a right, and i have a right to have a go back at criticism why cant that also be extended to harry redknapp, if the fact he should be more discreet as manager of tottenham hotspur disturbs you then surely thats your problem, and if you know of the quality of the remarks from the phone ins from so called idiot fans then please let me know, because perhaps we should be looking into those remarks rather than crucifying harry...... Cool have a nice day now ! Smile
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jun 13 2011, 00:24

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Arnie we could go on arguing the toss about this for ages, you and many others obviously are insulted by what harry said, but you know it doesnt bother me in the slightest because we dont just dont know what is going on to make comments on phones ins or forums, we can voice an opinion but it doesnt make it right, and if harry feels those comments are unfounded then he is telling it the way he feels, he is the manager and at the end of the day he takes the flak and hasnt he just.

How do you, me , or anyone else know the facts behind harrys decisions on who to substitute during a game? or who he should choose, who he should loan out etc etc.? how do you know krancjar wasnt carrying an injury ? or wasnt 100% fit to come on for bale? all of a sudden we are all football managers and know whats best for the team..... lol!

How can you add to gallas,s comments " oh the manager fcked up too " lol! ? the same manager who in the previous season achieved 4th, dont you ever think that as well as the players it was also harrys first venture into the cl, and he did give it priority, but so did the players, they are to blame also for that naivety.

On we go to mourinho and his right to be arrogant,his initial glory was at porto but since then he has been at clubs with millions to spend, and clubs that are more attractive a propostition to play for than spurs, sad truth but lets be honest here, 36,000 capacity ground, wages ceiling etc etc, yeah jose can be arrogant cant he,? while harry cant with the resources he has shouldnt dare to be. lol!

Yeah lets ask why big mart would get more praise if he achieved what harry has at spurs, maybe because he is a big soft lovable nellie , who did well, was taken to the hearts of spurs fans, but trod the same path as hoddle, ardiles, francis, gross and all the other losers we have had since burkinshaw , sacked without a trace and has done nothing of note since.

Then the chelsea job lol! lifted his skirt...what rubbish, all harry said was that he knew nothing about it and all of a sudden you come out with a clanger like that, ffs arnie ! you been sniffing something strange lately?

Lets end by saying i wasnt happy with the comments from harry, i dont do phone ins but i do forums, so it probably equates to the same thing, but as you have a right, and i have a right to have a go back at criticism why cant that also be extended to harry redknapp, if the fact he should be more discreet as manager of tottenham hotspur disturbs you then surely thats your problem, and if you know of the quality of the remarks from the phone ins from so called idiot fans then please let me know, because perhaps we should be looking into those remarks rather than crucifying harry...... Cool have a nice day now ! Smile

What a load of bollox Lew lmao

Its true we dont know all the ins and outs at what goes on at the club but never let me see you ever again have an opinion on any Spurs game ....

Lets all just type out after a loss or draw to a bottom team , 'It was just one of those days
    Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 05:44

All a load of bollox lmao sure it is arnie, like the bollox written by some on here, one day a player is a hero , next he should be flogged off . lmao

One day harry is the best thing since bill nic, then he,s the anti hero because he has the balls to stand up for himself.

Its all relative arnie, and usually governed by results that we aint pleased with.

What you are actually saying is whats good for you isnt good for harry, he cant speak his mind while you can because you arent in a position to be shot down. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ever heard of democracy and freedom of speech. : pale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 10 2024, 00:46