The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The new Berbatov ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The new Berbatov ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The new Berbatov ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The new Berbatov ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The new Berbatov ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The new Berbatov ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The new Berbatov ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The new Berbatov ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The new Berbatov ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The new Berbatov ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

The new Berbatov ?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

The new Berbatov ? Empty The new Berbatov ?

Post by LOBO Wed Jun 15 2011, 17:57

Are we about to sign yet one of those players that no other club will take a chance on , im talking about Leandro Damiao ? , we are good at finding little gems Smile

Spurs 'Confident' They will Complete Move for £14m Brazil Striker
    Posted on 14 June 2011

Tottenham are currently in talks with Internacional over the possible signing of striker Leandro Damiao, talkSPORT have revealed.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to add a fourth striker to his squad following a misfiring season from his front three.

Peter Crouch, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Jermain Defoe managed just 17 league goals between them last season and the lack of goals proved to be the difference as the club missed out on a Champions League spot.

Redknapp is therefore seeking to recruit a clinical goal-scorer and has been linked with moves for a host of strikers. Atletico Madrid pair Diego Forlan and Sergio Aguero have been mentioned whilst France forward Kevin Gameiro opted for a switch to PSG.

TalkSPORT claim Spurs have already had one offer of £10m rejected from the Brazilian club who are thought to be holding out for around £14m.

Damiao earned rave reviews for his performances last season, scoring 16 goals to help his side to win the league title. And at 21-years-old, he is considered one of the most exciting talents in South America.

Former teammate Sandro made the move to White Hart Lane and, since breaking into the first team, has proved to be a revelation.

As part of the deal for Sandro, Spurs secured an affiliation with Internacional that gave the north London club first refusal on their young prospects.

TalkSPORT also claim that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is confident the move for Damiao will be successful and that talks will continue between the two clubs.

In all competitions last season, Damiao scored 22 goals in 24 appearances.
    cheers cheers
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The new Berbatov ? Empty Re: The new Berbatov ?

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 15 2011, 21:16

Spot on Lobs I mooted this one about a month ago I think. I also put the same you tube clip up. We need to take the chance on young unknowns in my opinion. Look at Sandro and this fella is from Internacionale as well and as you say Berbatov was a steal. The great thing about the deal we have with Internacionale is we get first pick on their talent. Very Happy
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jun 15 2011, 23:09

BazSpur wrote:Spot on Lobs I mooted this one about a month ago I think. I also put the same you tube clip up. We need to take the chance on young unknowns in my opinion. Look at Sandro and this fella is from Internacionale as well and as you say Berbatov was a steal. The great thing about the deal we have with Internacionale is we get first pick on their talent. Very Happy

Players i can think of we bought that no one else wanted to a chance on

Berbatov bought 10 mill sold for 32 mill
    Bale Bought for 10 -12 mill worth 40mill min
    Modric bought for 13-15 mill worth 30 min

Every so often we manage to pull that rabbit out of the hate ..
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Jun 16 2011, 01:48

good at finding them, its keeping them is the trouble
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Jun 16 2011, 06:16

Just watching that you tube for the first time he certainly takes his goals well and looks like he really enjoys playing and scoring. However they were against some crap defences when you really look at it and if we get him it will probably take some time for him to settle in but he obviously has great potential.

But the way the press release read it seemed that Harry was looking to add him to what we already have, namely Defoe, Pav and Crouch. I would prefer we sold at least 2 of them and added another top striker as well as Dimao.

I know I keep saying it but we have a lot of players who are hardly going to get a game and there is no point just sending them out on loan as they will just be getting older and their price is going down. We could do with that money to really spend big as the other clubs are doing.

Mikey M
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jun 16 2011, 07:05

totalytot wrote:
    Just watching that you tube for the first time he certainly takes his goals well and looks like he really enjoys playing and scoring. However they were against some crap defences when you really look at it and if we get him it will probably take some time for him to settle in but he obviously has great potential.

But the way the press release read it seemed that Harry was looking to add him to what we already have, namely Defoe, Pav and Crouch. I would prefer we sold at least 2 of them and added another top striker as well as Dimao.

I know I keep saying it but we have a lot of players who are hardly going to get a game and there is no point just sending them out on loan as they will just be getting older and their price is going down. We could do with that money to really spend big as the other clubs are doing.

Mikey M

with defoe & crouch i would give them to xmas and see if last season was just a one off, if they continue to play poorly then move erm on, we do need a striker no doubt about it, if we sold anyone of the three we got i'd have to say crouch

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 11:17

defoe can go if we get decent money for him, crouch i would give him away.
    own goal v man c then red card at madrid .

anyway i hhope we get somone young in and not somone old
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 16 2011, 20:19

I'd drive Crouch to his new club myself lol.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jun 16 2011, 22:50

loving the avatar lought lol!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 01:00

lobo im hoping to change it soon when the beanpole leaves

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 19:32