The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

crouch

crouch Empty crouch

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 01:59

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he is not looking to sell striker Peter Crouch this summer despite reported interested from Sunderland.

Black Cats manager Steve Bruce is looking to add new faces to his squad with the £20million he is set to receive from Jordan Henderson’s expected transfer to Liverpool.

Bruce tried to sign Crouch two summers ago from Portsmouth but the 30-year-old opted to move to White Hart Lane instead.

The towering striker enjoyed a successful first season in north London but struggled slightly last term, with just four of his 11 goals coming in the Barclays Premier League.

The poor form of Jermain Defoe and Roman Pavlyuchenko has also left Redknapp in no doubt that he needs a new striker, and Didier Drogba, Leandro Damiao and Mousa Dembele have all being linked with the club.

That does not mean Crouch’s days at White Hart Lane are numbered though, the Spurs boss insisted.

When asked whether Crouch would leave Tottenham this summer, Redknapp said: “I doubt it. Crouchy is a good player. I like him.

“He is a great lad and I love him as a fella.

“He is not one I’m looking to shift. We are looking to bring a striker in but he is not one of those that we are looking to sell if we can help it.”

Crouch himself made it clear earlier this week that he does not want to leave the club.

One striker who is expected to depart is Robbie Keane, who is back at his parent club after West Ham’s relegation saw a potential £6million deal fall through.

Fulham, now under the stewardship of former Spurs boss Martin Jol, could make a move for the 30-year-old, who was a regular under the Dutchman during his time at White Hart Lane.

When is Harry going to court again? Roll on then

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=28616&start=1#ixzz1QltxcNyZ
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

crouch Empty Re: crouch

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 01 2011, 02:41

Crouch not going? No surprise there then Lought is there? I would have no problem with Crouch if he got at least 15 goals for us a season but I don't think the man is capable. He can't f*cking head a ball to save his life. He is 6 feet 7 FFS and he struggles to head the ball goalward and before anyone mentions Man City with the goal to get us in the CL yes I know, but he has done f*ck all since then. Why does Arry persist in playing him when Pav is a better sriker and god knows Pav isn't prolific. My big fear like Mikey's is there will be very little change in our line up for next season. I hope I am wrong though.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 03:54

yep have you seen him try and kick a ball. he cant generate power.
    he cant run. hes to weak to hold off players.

please god let sumone buy crouch.

as for man c goal it kinda just hit him. oh well our 2 bigest games last season
    real m he f*cked us after 15 mins then scored for man c lol.
    he cheats on hes wive twice yet harry stil says crouch is a lovely fella.

yet pav is a familey man, dont go on drunkin trips yet it hurts harry to every say nice word about him, yet sum of pav goals have been top draw
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jul 01 2011, 06:56

wonder why harry not like him then, he cant just dislike him for nothing. we dont know half of what goes on behind the scenes.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 07:19

well its obvious. crouch is a harry buy.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 08:09

Lought you cannot slate a footballer just because of Meeja reports on his personal life. For all you know the fragrant Ms Clancey may allow he these rumoured forays into Spanish night life ? I still have yet to see proof of Pavy leaving and, let's be fair, 'arry gave him a run of games. If Crouch had of bagged 30+ goals you wouldn't care if he shagged goats on his day off lmao. Yup he is a 'arry "buy" (more than once) but as much as he screwed up against Real it was his goals and assists that got us into that match . . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jul 01 2011, 17:20

As much as am not a great fan of Crouchie, mainly because of the way we play when he's in the side (hate that long ball stuff) but if he stays then so beit wouldnt bother me. Of the strikers on our books the 2 i would like to go are Keane and Crouch but Crouch is a usefull asset to have on the bench.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 01 2011, 20:39

Agreed Lee. Crouch would be better coming off the bench as plan B.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jul 01 2011, 21:02

I'm hoping this is smoke and mirrors from Harry to get the best price for him. I've been an admirer of Crouch's work ethic and the unselfish way he plays since day one, but it's no secret that I think he's simply not good enough for the level we are getting to.

With Crouch, the plan B is, quite simply, long ball into the area and try to create mayhem. It's not his fault and, technically, he is a better player than that. But that is how he is used and it drives me up the wall to see it. He also has legs like wet spaghetti when he shoots, Christ my daughter couldn't have a weaker shot!

For me, it has to be Defoe or Pav retained. Preferably Pav as I think he is the better option as a second striker/strike partner to one leading the line. We don't need to go long ball as a plan B, we can change the formation if chasing a game. Start with 4-4-1-1 then change to 4-4-2 by bringing Pav on to partner the main striker. If we're really chasing then he can slot into a 4-3-3, even 3-5-3. If we get a striker like Lukaku or Llorente then why would we need Crouch? We already have a target man.

Pav or Defoe for me but the Crouch option I believe we are now beyond.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02 2011, 00:50

im going to give you a rep ion.

plan b that go long ball is for small teams.

you dont ever see man you go long ball and yet they score more late goals then anybody.

crouch to go 1st then bentley
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jul 02 2011, 08:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:im going to give you a rep ion.

plan b that go long ball is for small teams.

you dont ever see man you go long ball and yet they score more late goals then anybody.

crouch to go 1st then bentley

Thank you Lought, have one right back atcha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content