The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
From Hero to Zero - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

From Hero to Zero - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
cstmrsking
shearspur
Boycey
seebee1944
Boltjean
BazSpur
LOBO
11 posters

From Hero to Zero

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

From Hero to Zero - Page 2 Empty Re: From Hero to Zero

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 13 2011, 08:49

That's my fear too Mikey. We will end up with the same set of strikers unlesss we move quickly.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Wed Jul 13 2011, 09:54

LOBO wrote:Thanks for the rep fellas

we should sell him for the highest price possible, but not to chelsea, i dunno why but i get a real sense that Levy is trying to prove a point by showing the world that if you as a club hold all the cards then the player has no say no matter what, the only real way he can get out of his contract now is to get fired , but then we stand to lose money and that will never happen, i hope some amicable agreement can be reached , Modric is either ill advised or just plain stupid.

I can understand why you have changed your stance slightly, me too I sometime think why should we lose the money by keeping him on the bench. However, I am more likely to go along with a line of thought that he should be left to rot on the bench and as worse scenario to be sold abroad as you suggested.

WHAT P**SED ME OFF MOST IS THE CHICK BY MODRIC TO SAY THAT HE WANT TO MOVE TO A BIGGER CLUB ( CHELSEA ) HOW DARE HE ALSO WHEN YOU CONSIDER CHELSEA IS ONE OF OUR ARCH LONDON RIVAL AND COMPETITOR. WHY SHOULD WE MAKE CHELSEA STRONGER? DAMN WE NEARLY PUSHED THEM TO 5TH LAST YEAR

IF THEY WANT HIM SO BADLY LET THEM PAY 50MIL + DROGBA NO AFTER SECOND THOUGHT LET THE LITTLE TWEP ROT

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 13 2011, 16:50

totalytot wrote: Player power today is unbelievable when you compare it to those days. They can say and do what they like and get away with it and it's simply that they have so much money that they don't give a f*ck. I remember Alan Ball saying the team is playing badly and you go in the dressing room and look around at the players and the money they have compared to you and how do you tell them to get stuck in.

The only manager today who they respect and are a little fearful of is Ferguson and in the money stakes he has as much as they do.

I have felt all along that Modric would go long before this all blew up in the papers but I still believe that if Levy sticks to his guns once the season is under way Modric will be OK and the players will make sure he doesn't sulk and he is a proffesional and loves playing and there are other years when he can look to move on as he is still a young guy at 25.

Problem is Levy will probably bow to the pressure of the money boys especially Chelsea as they don't look like giving up. But which ever way it's going it needs to happen quickly as the window will be shut sooner than you think and we still have not bought anybody yet.

It was a distraction that stopped us in January and cost us CL and that was Levy's doing We don't want it to happen again and f*ck up our season before it even starts.

Mikey M

Or try it from another perspective Mikey.

Modric has been told he will not be leaving, has accepted it and will now go to South Africa away from the press speculation.

Chelsea continue to bid, we keep telling them it's not enough. End of transfer window comes with Chelsea convinced that a large bid will get their man and, by now, they're desperate as they have no CM of sufficient quality.

DL says 'Do one' and they start their season with a midfield weakened by not getting the man they were 100% convinced would be theirs.

Effectively we turn the tables on them, keeping our star and weakening them in the process.

Sorted
    lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:56