The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
So what's it really about EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
So what's it really about EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
So what's it really about EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
So what's it really about EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
So what's it really about EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
So what's it really about EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
So what's it really about EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
So what's it really about EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
So what's it really about EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

So what's it really about Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

So what's it really about

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

So what's it really about Empty So what's it really about

Post by cynicsid Thu Jul 14 2011, 19:46

It's a really competetive market now, there are at least 6 teams looking for the very best of players and a few more willing to pay well over the top wages to get their man.

If Chelsea were really serious about Modric, wouldn't they of started with a reasonable bid? after all they just paid £50M for a player of a similar standard on really poor form?

My bet is that Modrics agent has instigated the whole thing and Chelsea are happy to play along if it means they get a good player on the cheap.

In the mean time it does Chelsea no harm having Spurs tied up like this because we wont be doing any business while this is hanging over us. Even Kranky now wants to stay "if Modric Go's" and I dont blame him.

We've been made
    to look like we might sell and that wont help us signing any other players either.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

So what's it really about Empty Re: So what's it really about

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 14 2011, 20:18

I said from the start that we wont be signing anyone significant because we don't pay silly money , look at it this way , if you worked on a building site for example and you was earning £500 quid a week and your mate said to you he earned twice that on another building site doing the same job you would want to work there, they say its not about money.. which we all know is a lie .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jul 15 2011, 08:32

A lot of it is about money but class players want to win things. If a player was at a club that was loaded and he was paid £100,000 a week but he had been there a couple of years and the club hadn't won anything and didn't look like they ever would and he was offered £80,000 a week by a club that was winning trophy's every time do you not think he would move? I do.

There are players out there that would happily sit on the bench every week drawing their money and would never think of moving because they couldn't get the same dough anywhere else but they are few and far between most want to win things.

I don't believe for one minute that Modric wants to leave for money, sure it is a bonus if it is going to be doubled or trebled. I think if we had made top 4 again this year and we looked like title contenders this season we wouldn't be having all this sh*t that is going on right now he would be happy to stay.

That will apply to any top class player coming to us if after a season we don't look like getting there then they will be off.

It's the same in work outside of football or any highly paid sport. If you are ambitious you will move jobs if you think that you have a better chance of getting to the top in another company. You want to succeed you want to be the best at what you do and obviously the money comes with it.

I agree there are a lot of mercenaries out there but people like Modric want to win things that's why most of them came into the game in the first place. If football went back to £100 a week or what the equivalent is today I know that most of the players out there today would still be there because they love it as we all do.

I agree money has spoilt a lot of it and the more people get or read about the more a lot of them want, but most play the game cos' they love it.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15 2011, 09:41

but chelsea or no better then us. man u man c and the goons have a better sqaud then chelsea. terry and lumpard are on there last legs. torres wont get many chances in that team.

what worrys me is liverpool or buyin loads of players and we still not brought anyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:46