The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The importance of controversial forum posts. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The importance of controversial forum posts. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
6 posters

The importance of controversial forum posts.

The importance of controversial forum posts. Empty The importance of controversial forum posts.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 01:38

I was thinking that its ok sitting here and reading threads going over and over the fact we arent signing anyone, but as i put in my duplication "dont panic" its far too early to form a conclusion, as far as i am concerned there will be new faces at tottenham come the kick off, we really dont know whats going on at whl regarding transfers as we didnt when everyone was shocked by the signing of vdv.
    By the way can all threads regarding non transfer activity be all shovelled into the same thread..please !

But ! what i really wanted to say is that surely the point of a main chat forum..is its audience! look at the views on any controversial subject, look at the views on my mention of the unmentionable one after one day , need i say more.

Look at the views on spats between myself and ion in the past, or between any two posters that disagree, it might not be what (some) want to read about but why the fck do they get read by so many?because they are controversial and being such bring in more viewers.

A chat board that constantly says how great we are as a club is boring, we need opposition to add acidity and an opposite opinion, not to hi-jack threads but to add to the richness of.

Now i know i am going to be advised to fck off to a spam or goon board for arguments, but it isnt arguments i am after as a contributer, its healthy discussion ......not rucks.

Finally we have to realise that our club tottenham are second tier to man utd , city and chelsea, the reason is MONEY, look at what they pay their players and what we pay, we will always have to look at the berbatovs and modrics before they have proved themselves and take the gamble...to see threads on here quoting big name players could have and should have been signed is ridiculous when they have wages in excess of £100,000 thrown at them....what would you do,? oh for godsake dont tell me it would be an honour to play for spurs, because yes it would for us hardcore spurs fans, these players mostly are foreigners and dont give a sh*t about spurs.....its the money,money,money.

The importance of controversial forum posts. Empty Re: The importance of controversial forum posts.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 02:48

By the way can all threads regarding non transfer activity be all shovelled into the same thread..please !

Why Lew ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The importance of controversial forum posts. Empty Re: The importance of controversial forum posts.

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 30 2011, 03:18

Lew, There isn't plenty of time.We kick off on August 13th against Everton. That is two weeks away. It was only a couple of weeks ago someone was saying on here only 5 weeks to go, I believe it was Lee. The problem is we need to lose players before bringing anyone in. Levy is asking too much for the likes of Crouch, Bentley etc. As someone posted the other day. Who is going to buy Crouch at 9 Mill. He isn't that good and other clubs know it. The new season has almost crept up on us and we are still f*cking around. Levy needs to get it sorted. It's interesting that with all the players we have been linked with none of them has been mooted on Sky Sports. When it's on Sky Sports you know there is something in it. Don't get your hopes up. If we were going to buy someone of any note I feel it would have been done by now. It's looking bleak but I hope I'm wrong.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jul 30 2011, 03:41

Lew , I put up a reply in your 'Doom and Gloom Merchants' as to why I've come to my conclusion that we're in a procrastination phase and I dont see major activity for us in the remainder of the transfer window , although I hope I'm wrong . I think it was Shearspur who was quickest to respond to your 'Doom' post, but you then almost immiedietly opened up another thread , 'dont panic ' ignoring his post in the process ....
    From what I can see from the other posters writings on this forum, a very high percentage are not looking for a ruck but the same debate you wish for ....

The debate is there to your posts if you want it!

As for transfers, you're right about certain Spurs fans having this, what I see as pie in the sky ideas that we can bid £30 million plus for players and then pay them the wages of a player that would perhaps require a transfer fee half of that , it just doesnt work like that ...

I'd like our transfer targets to be realistic and we do the buisness sooner rather than later, but understandably, we need to rid ourselves some of the players who are no longer in themanagers plans....

I was in retail for near 30 years and sometimes its about cutting your losses ...So Levy could well sell a player cheaply so as to arouse intrest in the others and have buyers out there thinking bargains are to be had at WHL ...But Levy has chosen to go the other way and give off the impression that if other clubs want to do buisness with us, then they have to pay top dollar...( again I refer you to my response in your doom and gloom thread )

To date in this transfer window a near quarter of a billion pounds (£250m) has been traded by premeirship clubs and our contribution to date, is approxx £7m with the sale of O'Hara and the purchase of a couple of youngsters. Our dealings are slow for us but of course it just may kick-off any time soon although I've not high hopes....

I do believe that getting our squad sorted asap for the new season has advantages for the players coming in and for the club as a whole but our decision makers seem to be ignoring that for reasons that Ive outlined in the Doom & Gloom thread ....

Ignoring whats said on threads and then starting up new threads on near the same subject at times is tiresome as all to often things are just repeated ad nauseam...

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 30 2011, 03:47

Merge, merge, merge. The importance of controversial forum posts. 839792

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 04:09

VisionarySound wrote:By the way can all threads regarding non transfer activity be all shovelled into the same thread..please !

Why Lew ?

Because vis you cant meld dont panic threads and doom and gloom, and ignore the constant posts about non transfer activity, whats the difference? please tell me !?
    Its harping on about the same old subject, thats why you have very cleverly put my threads into one, but ignored the same old, same old, same old that have been going on since june.
    Because no one has brought it to your attention the way arnie and shear have my posts you dont do anything about it, but still the non transfers opinions come on here.
    I have explained over and over again that we have so many rivals in the market for any player of any ability that we are bound to lose out, because of wages.
    Why doesnt anyone see that we have to take gambles in the transfer market, as we have in the past and done ok on it.
    To keep reading the posts that "its getting too late " is boring.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 04:12

BazSpur wrote:Merge, merge, merge. The importance of controversial forum posts. 839792

I agree ! merge all the rubbish posts that keep flying around about non transfer activity.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 04:18

BazSpur wrote:Lew, There isn't plenty of time.We kick off on August 13th against Everton. That is two weeks away. It was only a couple of weeks ago someone was saying on here only 5 weeks to go, I believe it was Lee. The problem is we need to lose players before bringing anyone in. Levy is asking too much for the likes of Crouch, Bentley etc. As someone posted the other day. Who is going to buy Crouch at 9 Mill. He isn't that good and other clubs know it. The new season has almost crept up on us and we are still f*cking around. Levy needs to get it sorted. It's interesting that with all the players we have been linked with none of them has been mooted on Sky Sports. When it's on Sky Sports you know there is something in it. Don't get your hopes up. If we were going to buy someone of any note I feel it would have been done by now. It's looking bleak but I hope I'm wrong.

Baz ! one of the reasons i started the transfer bollox is because hardly any of the hundreds of names linked to spurs are bought by spurs, when we do buy someone , that player will probably be a complete shock to all of us on here.
    You speak of the kick off being two weeks away,well look at the january window, nothing happens until the final 24 hours.
    To coin a phrase......dont panic ! Rolling Eyes
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 30 2011, 04:27

Hope you're right Lew but don't hold your breath. Unless we shift some of the old guard we won't be able to bring anyone else in.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Jul 30 2011, 04:54

Even the Arsenal are splashing out £34 million They hope to swoop for Juan Mata and Phil Jagielka. The arrival of Mata would be a coup as we are supposed to be making a last ditch bid. Jagielka is supposed to have asked for a four year deal and £100,000 a week. I am surprised that Arsenal are prepared to pay a player £100,000 a week, they must be either getting desperate or unlike Levy, they know that in order to build a strong side you need top players, and unfortunately you have to pay top wages. I can not see Levy being prepared to pay this kind of wage to a player can you?.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jul 30 2011, 05:20

Because vis you cant meld dont panic threads and doom and gloom, and ignore the constant posts about non transfer activity, whats the difference? please tell me !?

Lew, I really dont know where you're going with all this .....How is it you cannot distinguish the difference between a new thread started up 20 minutes after another one on the same subject matter, in some cases by the same author and its posted side by side to the previous thread, what exactly does it achieve?

A poster starting up a new duplicated thread of one thats perhaps had been pushed out of sight from the portal or from on the Spurs Chat Page 1, then fair enough ...Its bound to happen and fair doos as far as Im concerned if the Mods dont merge .

And what is all talk of Spurs not involving transfers should all be lumped together in one thread?

Actualy dont reply to my questions Lew as I dont see how this is helping the forum , I really dont....
    Perhaps it would be better we air our concerns as to how the forum is run to the mods via PM?

Last edited by ArnieArdiles on Sat Jul 30 2011, 05:43; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 05:29

2 weeks left and we still not got nobody. what about gettin him used to the players. getting match fit
    rememeber when carrick went and we got zokoro in, it took him months before he was up to match fitness.

levy trying to get players on the cheap and not selling players .
    other teams identify the guy they want and get him even if its over the odds
    liverpool 30mill for carrol and we wont pay £17mill the guy ion wants.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jul 30 2011, 05:36

Boltjean wrote:Even the Arsenal are splashing out £34 million They hope to swoop for Juan Mata and Phil Jagielka. The arrival of Mata would be a coup as we are supposed to be making a last ditch bid. Jagielka is supposed to have asked for a four year deal and £100,000 a week. I am surprised that Arsenal are prepared to pay a player £100,000 a week, they must be either getting desperate or unlike Levy, they know that in order to build a strong side you need top players, and unfortunately you have to pay top wages. I can not see Levy being prepared to pay this kind of wage to a player can you?.

Len , The Goon matchday turnover is three times that of ours and is the highest for any club side in the world...

According to 2009 figures, they paid 45 million more in wages than we did but proportionately to turnover, we actualy pay out more so its not all the fault of Levy & co...

They have plenty of players earning more than our top earner and 100,000 + per week is not out of the ordinary at The Emirates...
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jul 30 2011, 05:54

Loughtonlegend wrote:2 weeks left and we still not got nobody. what about gettin him used to the players. getting match fit
    rememeber when carrick went and we got zokoro in, it took him months before he was up to match fitness.

levy trying to get players on the cheap and not selling players .
    other teams identify the guy they want and get him even if its over the odds
    liverpool 30mill for carrol and we wont pay £17mill the guy ion wants.

I know lought and like i said we carry on as if we got all the time in the world , we havent a clue in the market, and what must modric be thinking after all that malarkee we will buy two big players to show modric how ambitious we are said arry, we ain't got no one in only a couple of maybe's for the future.., we had lew with his be patient threads poping up left right and center like mole on coke ..my patience is running out..im worried

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 06:37

harry not used to buying big name players. plus he dont know who he wants

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 07:10

ArnieArdiles wrote:Because vis you cant meld dont panic threads and doom and gloom, and ignore the constant posts about non transfer activity, whats the difference? please tell me !?

Lew, I really dont know where you're going with all this .....How is it you cannot distinguish the difference between a new thread started up 20 minutes after another one on the same subject matter, in some cases by the same author and its posted side by side to the previous thread, what exactly does it achieve?

A poster starting up a new duplicated thread of one thats perhaps had been pushed out of sight from the portal or from on the Spurs Chat Page 1, then fair enough ...Its bound to happen and fair doos as far as Im concerned if the Mods dont merge .

And what is all talk of Spurs not involving transfers should all be lumped together in one thread?

Actualy dont reply to my questions Lew as I dont see how this is helping the forum , I really dont....
    Perhaps it would be better we air our concerns as to how the forum is run to the mods via PM?

I actually will answer you arnie, at the height of modric hatred week on here i didnt post because i was too ill at the time to gather any interest,but i looked in and saw thread after thread on the modric situation , but no one was accused of duplication then, and since june there has been thread after thread of non transfer activity material, i posted doom and gloom and dont panic and lo and behold up came the duplication accusers.
    If you dont get it then i wont explain it to you, whats the point.?
    It seems to me that what some can do on here others cant.
    Thing is i have got to the point of not caring, i am raising a valid point here, i didnt imagine all those modric posts did i ?
    To tell the honest truth i dont really care if harry doesnt sign anyone because these same players got us in the cl the first time and just prioritised the competition above the prem last season.
    Thats my last word on the subject before i get accused of duplicating again.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jul 30 2011, 08:00

i said before, its a buisness and enic and lewis and levy are happy with the returns of the moment . i really feel they are not prepared to "speculate to accumulate " and agree to the injection of money to buy top class players who may or may not push us on into the top four or higher. while we have to appease shareholders prob the largest holders not even spurs supporters, we will never get to the heights we dream of because in their minds why take the risk of huge investment which might not bring in the rewards of dividends.yeah we will buy some mediocre players and of course the young talent with possible huge sell on prices, but it wont help us in the long run , just the bigger clubs who will take them away at their prime but line the shareholders pockets. thats being a plc im affraid.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 30 2011, 08:49

Right, hold on a minute Lew. There is no hidden agenda on here. The Mods aren't having a pop at you and no one else. As for the modric double posts yes I agree there were lots. But it is because of that, that we decided to start merging duplicate posts. The merging of threads is a new thing. It wasn't a policy at the time of the Modric posts. It has to start somewhere and it starts now. The Mods took a decision to do something about the double postings. My idea was to lock the posts but then we decided merging would allow the threads to run on. On some forums they will delete Double posts. We could do that if it makes it any easier but I don't think it will go down too well. Of course sometimes double posts get missed believe it or not there is a lot to do on here. If we spot them they will be merged it's as simple as that.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jul 30 2011, 12:51

Latest ITK update;

Something BIG on the horizon involving Real Madrid.

Have fun speculating chaps.
    lol!

Oh, almost forgot, allegedly we have offered Mata a contract. Don't know how much truth is in that but there you go.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 18:48

BazSpur wrote:Right, hold on a minute Lew. There is no hidden agenda on here. The Mods aren't having a pop at you and no one else. As for the modric double posts yes I agree there were lots. But it is because of that, that we decided to start merging duplicate posts. The merging of threads is a new thing. It wasn't a policy at the time of the Modric posts. It has to start somewhere and it starts now. The Mods took a decision to do something about the double postings. My idea was to lock the posts but then we decided merging would allow the threads to run on. On some forums they will delete Double posts. We could do that if it makes it any easier but I don't think it will go down too well. Of course sometimes double posts get missed believe it or not there is a lot to do on here. If we spot them they will be merged it's as simple as that.

I wasnt saying there is a hidden agenda baz, i am saying whatever happened to those same protesters against doom and gloom and dont panic when all the modric and non transfer threads came on?

I was going to post that i saw an article saying modric has accepted he wont be sold and will knuckle down for the season but i cant be bothered, does it come under the title of all the others posts, is it new material or not ? it certainly is opposite to modric wanting away etc etc etc so where does it go, to bring it to anyones attention that might be interested ?
    If i add it to the old modric threads it just rehashes all those old opinions.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 30 2011, 20:59

As long as it is a subject that hasn't been covered already Lew and not a re-hash then its' valid. For instance if it's a story about Modders falling out of a night club p*ssed out of his head well, then it'd be fine. lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 00:09

lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Right, hold on a minute Lew. There is no hidden agenda on here. The Mods aren't having a pop at you and no one else. As for the modric double posts yes I agree there were lots. But it is because of that, that we decided to start merging duplicate posts. The merging of threads is a new thing. It wasn't a policy at the time of the Modric posts. It has to start somewhere and it starts now. The Mods took a decision to do something about the double postings. My idea was to lock the posts but then we decided merging would allow the threads to run on. On some forums they will delete Double posts. We could do that if it makes it any easier but I don't think it will go down too well. Of course sometimes double posts get missed believe it or not there is a lot to do on here. If we spot them they will be merged it's as simple as that.

I wasnt saying there is a hidden agenda baz, i am saying whatever happened to those same protesters against doom and gloom and dont panic when all the modric and non transfer threads came on?

I was going to post that i saw an article saying modric has accepted he wont be sold and will knuckle down for the season but i cant be bothered, does it come under the title of all the others posts, is it new material or not ? it certainly is opposite to modric wanting away etc etc etc so where does it go, to bring it to anyones attention that might be interested ?
    If i add it to the old modric threads it just rehashes all those old opinions.

With all due respect Lew, you can be a drama Queen at times.

Before you go Purple and fire a shedload of expletives in my direction, that was tongue in cheek. lol!

There were plenty of us on here calling for calm when the Modric malarky came out. Admittedly I had a bit of a downer as I held him in such high esteem, but that lasted an Evening. Since then I've posted nothing but positive on here.

Sid is another who backed DL to the hilt and has been nothing but positive when posting.

We got as much positive response as the others got negative so you're wrong to paint it in the way you are.

Arnie has asked you on previous occasions, prior to th Modric saga, to keep comments on a particular subject to one thread. Every post on the subject is immediately brought to our attention by the little Orange box letting us know there is a new post. So, again, starting a new thread is unnecessary.

Seriously mate, I can't see what your problem is here as it helps the mods by cutting down their workload. It also helps to keep a conversation or debate on track if it is confined to one thread.

Totally reasonable as far as I can see.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 00:55

Thanks ion. You can see where us Mods are coming from. Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:19

Thats ok ion, i know where everyone is coming from on this particular subject, i am really and simply making a point for consistency in regard duplicate threads.
    Arnie has pointed out many times that what i have posted could have come under another thread instead of making another one, but what i am saying is so could many on here, lobs annoyance at non transfers, loughts and others voicing their concerns over the same thing, so surely all these opinions should come under the same thread, ie ,concerns at no new faces at spurs or similar title......get my point.?

If doom and gloom and dont panic are one and the same, so surely is every post that lambasts modrics antics and concerns over transfers.

Its no big deal really ion, at the end of the day its my choice to come on here or not.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:26

lewspurs wrote:Thats ok ion, i know where everyone is coming from on this particular subject, i am really and simply making a point for consistency in regard duplicate threads.
    Arnie has pointed out many times that what i have posted could have come under another thread instead of making another one, but what i am saying is so could many on here, lobs annoyance at non transfers, loughts and others voicing their concerns over the same thing, so surely all these opinions should come under the same thread, ie ,concerns at no new faces at spurs or similar title......get my point.?

If doom and gloom and dont panic are one and the same, so surely is every post that lambasts modrics antics and concerns over transfers.

Its no big deal really ion, at the end of the day its my choice to come on here or not.

Yes mate, I can see your point and fully expect the mods to treat these posts, and posters, in exactly the same manner.

As you say, no biggy.

Now get yer ass on my Transfer policy thread and give me your views.

As you can probably tell, I'm kinda excited about this possible development.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:40