The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
6 posters

The importance of controversial forum posts.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 Empty Re: The importance of controversial forum posts.

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:31

If doom and gloom and dont panic are one and the same, so surely is
    every post that lambasts modrics antics and concerns over transfers.

No it isn't Lew. I don't think you're getting it at all. Two threads about Modric don't necessarily make them duplicate. Two threads about Modric going to Chelsea would make them duplicate but one thread on Modric being injured and one on him going to Chelsea are two different threads. If I remember rightly doom and gloom and don't panic as Arnie so rightly pointed out were basically about the same thing mate. That is the crux of it.

The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 Empty Re: The importance of controversial forum posts.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:34

Errrrrrrr ! i have done that already ion, the plusses i suppose would be that we might get a youngster on loan, or another dos santos, i cant see real letting us have any player of any standing..whereas they get to buy one of our star players.......well the plus i suppose of that(for example) would be that modric would then have to go to another league instead of the epl.

Also, if we happened to get a good loanee that shone in the epl, i reckon they would soon snatch him back.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:40

BazSpur wrote:If doom and gloom and dont panic are one and the same, so surely is
    every post that lambasts modrics antics and concerns over transfers.

No it isn't Lew. I don't think you're getting it at all. Two threads about Modric don't necessarily make them duplicate. Two threads about Modric going to Chelsea would make them duplicate but one thread on Modric being injured and one on him going to Chelsea are two different threads. If I remember rightly doom and gloom and don't panic as Arnie so rightly pointed out were basically about the same thing mate. That is the crux of it.

baz, i cant be bothered to pursue this, i have said my bit for what it is worth.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jul 31 2011, 07:16

just wondered on repeat posts,are we excused if we have had more than 3 stellas or 5 fosters. thanks in advance.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 07:30

Only if you have say a Stella, then a Fosters, then a Stella etc. You cannot have 3 stella's in a row. I will not have duplicate drinking Shear. The importance of controversial forum posts. - Page 2 523963Cheers.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jul 31 2011, 07:59

lol baz, Smile

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:42

lewspurs wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:By the way can all threads regarding non transfer activity be all shovelled into the same thread..please !

Why Lew ?

Because vis you cant meld dont panic threads and doom and gloom, and ignore the constant posts about non transfer activity, whats the difference? please tell me !?
    Its harping on about the same old subject, thats why you have very cleverly put my threads into one, but ignored the same old, same old, same old that have been going on since june.
    Because no one has brought it to your attention the way arnie and shear have my posts you dont do anything about it, but still the non transfers opinions come on here.
    I have explained over and over again that we have so many rivals in the market for any player of any ability that we are bound to lose out, because of wages.
    Why doesnt anyone see that we have to take gambles in the transfer market, as we have in the past and done ok on it.
    To keep reading the posts that "its getting too late " is boring.

Lew I'm afarid I really don't see where you are comung from on this. The 2 posts merged where so similar as to be the same. You may also have noticed that I have now merged 3 threads on Vicinic ? The decision to merge was taken recently and the majority of Modric posts where made before this. Should we see many more Modric threads starting up the decision to merge will be made. This is a decision made by the mods Lew. What to merge and what not to. Obviously should a poster flag up a similar thread and suggest a merge then the mods will listen but ultimately it begins & ends with what the mods decide. That may sound a bit "OTT" to you but the other option is an unmoderated board where anything goes, duplicate threads & posts abound and people lose intrest . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:51

Quite right Vis. It makes it look so untidy. And I must admit confusing. I was getting to a stage where I didn't know which thread I was on but that may be my age lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:35