The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
HotspurRoper
DJSR
ionman34
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
9 posters

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 Empty Re: OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly

Post by totalytot Sun Aug 07 2011, 06:56

[quote="ionman34"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:glad it went ok ion

does it hurt when you laugh lol
    when i had my op i had stitches and was in my own room in the hostiptal and was watchin ferries buller day off. i couldn help but laugh during that film lol

Cracking film that, always loved the Dankerschein song on the float. Doesn't hurt when I laugh, just when I cough. They stuck Oxygen tubes down into my lungs, because apparently they had to paralyse my diaphragm to pump me up with CO2, so my throat is a bit sore and phlegmy, so I cough a lot.

One must soldier on though wot?
    [/quote

Just read about your op Ion glad it all went OK. You sound in good form or just p*ssed.

Mikey M
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 Empty Re: OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly

Post by totalytot Sun Aug 07 2011, 07:06

ArnieArdiles wrote:The first half we were a team that lacked pace and tacticly we were awful as well ...Pav on his own upfront and I do me on his own , our midfield was so deep...

When has Pav upfront on his own ever worked, even with our first team players playing?

Pav tonight is probably thinking along the lines of, thanks very much Harry, infront of the WHL faithfull too...

Certainly was a game of 2 halfs. First we were awful and they rarely let us have the ball they looked slick and neat and should have had a couple. Second half was a different team when the main players came on and we looked impressive. However going by the 1st half we don't seem to have that strength in depth every body says we have.....I never felt we have even last season.

I don't agree with some about Llorent I thought he was very ordinary and not the answer to our striker problem.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:17

Apparently Luka was 'very moved' by the reception from the WHL faithful.

Allegedly, Niko asked him 'How can you leave Spurs after that?'

Modders replied 'I can't.'

Gotta say I had faith that this would happen. We are many things at Spurs .............. Stupid isn't one of them.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:41

That's good to hear ion. I was thinking to myself watching the reaction to him coming on the field. If that was me? I couldn't leave.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Aug 07 2011, 23:12

well he cant anyway, according to levy so i dont think hes in love with us fans or the club , just a realisation maybe hes just gotta knucle down keep his gob shut and play for another season at least. i wont trust the little sh*t again cos he will be off as soon as he can wangle out of it somehow. as long as he plays well for us i will applaud his performances when i am at the ground (next week unless the natives burn it down), but i just cannot respect him anymore.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 08 2011, 04:07

ionman34 wrote:
    Apparently Luka was 'very moved' by the reception from the WHL faithful.

Allegedly, Niko asked him 'How can you leave Spurs after that?'

Modders replied 'I can't.'

Gotta say I had faith that this would happen. We are many things at Spurs .............. Stupid isn't one of them.

I am very pleased to hear that Ion, you really are in the know. I thought you were in OZ not Croatia. lol!
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 08 2011, 05:29

turn it in im filling up here. pass the tissues. lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Aug 08 2011, 23:43

totalytot wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:The first half we were a team that lacked pace and tacticly we were awful as well ...Pav on his own upfront and I do me on his own , our midfield was so deep...

When has Pav upfront on his own ever worked, even with our first team players playing?

Pav tonight is probably thinking along the lines of, thanks very much Harry, infront of the WHL faithfull too...

Certainly was a game of 2 halfs. First we were awful and they rarely let us have the ball they looked slick and neat and should have had a couple. Second half was a different team when the main players came on and we looked impressive. However going by the 1st half we don't seem to have that strength in depth every body says we have.....I never felt we have even last season.

I don't agree with some about Llorent I thought he was very ordinary and not the answer to our striker problem.

Mikey M

The thing is, Mickey out of all the La Liga teams , Bilbao are probably the most british like team with their direct approach , often looking to counter attack their opponents... But they now have a new manager who has only been in the hotseat this summer and ball possession is more in his plans than his predecessor..

I watched the Villareal game the other night at Everton and a similar lesson was handed out to the scousers as to what our boys were getting in the first half... Everton didnt have a clue how to keep the ball... I sometimes wonder why managers Harry and Moyes get so many plaudits ... Moyes has been at Everton how many years and what's the style they have there, apart from honesty in their work rate, some meaty challenges and organisation ?

For us, it was a case of our manager abandoning the idea of one striker and adding Bale to Modric who had recently come on to turn our game around .

Harry is lucky he has some great players at Spurs but he will tell us he also has some rubbish ones too...However I dont see the likes of a Lennon , Huddlestone , Jenas, Pienaar and Kranjcar as rubbish although their first half performance was anything but ...

I see it as the players being badly trained ..I expect more from a Spurs second string and to my way of thinking , the manager and his backroom are responsible for that .....
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Aug 09 2011, 01:21

With the exception of Ekotto, the first half was terrible. I know it was just a friendly, and you can not judge how our season will go from these kind of games, but I feel that for every player we have that is very good we have the same number that are just average or good. Again we saw Gomes flap at another cross when he could have stayed on his line, I feel that he will carry on dropping clangers, I do not think Friedel is the answer to our keeper problems, a great keeper in the past, but 40 years old is a bit to old imo, surely there must be a younger experienced keeper out there, Dawson, another who does not rock my boat, not solid enough, certainly not a Mike England, Crouch and Defoe, scored but other than that did very little, Pav, I like him but he does seem to blow hot and cold, Lennon had a good game, Modric, well he had a very good game, the supporters gave him a great welcome and I do think he could have at least acknowledged that fact, I do not think the welcome will make any difference to him wanting to leave, but the fact he had a very good game could increase the offer from Chelsea, Bale had a good game, looked very fit, but the man of the match for me was Ekotto, played as though it was a league game. I do think this game a week before the season starts is a waste of time what with all the games we have to play in August, I liked it when we had the Blues v Whites, first team against reserve team. I will finish of my moan with, I hate the new kit, looks like the All Blacks rugby team, perhaps the players can do that Maori chant before kick off to intimidate the opposition.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 09 2011, 01:33

Ekotto was class Len.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09 2011, 02:15

your right . why play pav up on hes own when vdv not playing.
    why do we always play bad in the 1st half and harry has to make changes to turn a game around

im with jean in saying harry and moyes both averge managers. david been there so long now . every season they or near the bottom at xmas then go on a decent run. some mananger that is

the team we played on saturday out played as for most of the game. jenas was woefull pav had no support.
    everyone knows kranker should play in the middle. brad dont fill me with confidence either. he looks like he cant move anymore
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 09 2011, 03:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:
    the team we played on saturday out played as for most of the game. jenas was woefull pav had no support.

Have they passed some ruling that makes the first half longer than the second half now then?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 09 2011, 03:39

ionman34 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:

Have they passed some ruling that makes the first half longer than the second half now then?

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v ATHLETIC BILBAO pre season friendly - Page 3 348204

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09 2011, 03:45

surprised you didnt rep him baz lol

your missing the point ion again we looked woefull and we havent brought anyone and harry to busy selling himself for the england job.

the england job is not a big job anymore. none of the real top mananagers would want it,

fergie wenger morrino none of them would touch it.

managin a top club in enland is better then taking the england job.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 09 2011, 03:48

Just thought it was funny Lought lol.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 09 2011, 05:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:your right . why play pav up on hes own when vdv not playing.
    why do we always play bad in the 1st half and harry has to make changes to turn a game around

im with jean in saying harry and moyes both averge managers. david been there so long now . every season they or near the bottom at xmas then go on a decent run. some mananger that is

everyone knows kranker should play in the middle. brad dont fill me with confidence either. he looks like he cant move anymore

You keep making excuses Lought for Pav but whether he plays up on his own or with someone he still doesn't do enough to convince me he is what we want. And who scored Defoe and Crouch. You say that Defoe is not a team player but what does Pav contribute in a game, not a lot.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09 2011, 06:02

pav the guy that is in the team when we beat the top teams, hes the 1 scoring goals,

defoe and crouch only scored in 2 league games last season

its funny that people comment when them 2 scores, yet its a pre season game,
    put crouch up front in that team on saturday or defoe nuffing would be differnt,

nearly every spurs fan admits pav is the better all round player then the other 2. and thats with hes less playing time then the others

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09 2011, 06:25

Pavy just doesn't do it up front as the lone striker. It just dosen't work for him. 'arry would have been better playing Crouchinio up front on his lonesome then teaming up either Pavy or Defoe with him then Pavy & Defoe together . . .. .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:49