The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team"

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Empty Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team"

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:58

Ledley King believes the sooner the Luka Modric saga is resolved the sooner Tottenham can return to normality.

ChelseaLedley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Spacer have been trying to land the CroatiaLedley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Spacer international playmaker this summer and have seen two bids rejected by Spurs.

Modric asked manager Harry Redknapp not to be selected for Sunday's game against Manchester City,Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Spacer a request that was denied.

Spurs were thumped 5-1 by City at White Hart Lane leaving them
    pointless for the season with Modric featuring for an hour of the
    contest.

KingLedley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Spacer knows the team suffered during the Dimitar Berbatov saga in 2008 and feels Modic's ongoing situation is unhealthy for the team.

The veteran defender wants the transfer window closing sooner rather
    than later so that the speculation can end once and for all.

Issue

"It's been ongoing for the whole of the summer," he told Sky Sports News. "As players we want him to stay, he's a great lad.

"The sooner it's done, either way, the better. I don't think it (the speculation) helps at the end of the day.

"We've had this issue before with Berbatov. It was a similar start for us then.

"I don't think it helps in any way. As players you try and get on with the job the best you can.

"We, as players, want the window to close now so we can get on with the squad that we've got and get on with business."

Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Empty Re: Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team"

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 02:11

Great article baz and sums up what we are all thinking, and coming from a true spurs legend.
    we need to clear modric out and let the lads get on playing for tottenham, the genuine performers that is.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team" Empty Re: Ledley King. "Modric Saga Is Upsetting The Team"

Post by LOBO Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:14

Chelsea are now offering 40 mill and 3 players to chose from lol

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:23

Well f*ck the Russian gangster and his blood Roubles and his offer of indentured employment. Sit Modric in the stands and let him learn that he don't f*ck with the Yids . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:33

VisionarySound wrote:Well f*ck the Russian gangster and his blood Roubles and his offer of indentured employment. Sit Modric in the stands and let him learn that he don't f*ck with the Yids . . . . .

Well, i really think modric will get his way, he has gone on about moving all summer.
    He isnt spurs anymore, thats what he means when his head isnt right.
    Time to do what has to be done and that is cash in on the player.
    It had to be done with berbatov, and now its deja vu time .
    Sad times but we have been here before.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:39

40 mill chech and torres lol

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:46

I thought you said Torres was sh*t Lought ? LOL. I would take Torres evry day of the week, but that's just me. Cech ? Hmmmmmm. Do we really want another 'keeper with a crash helmet on (think Gomes and his suicide dives)? We could have had Shay Given for £5M and that man could have been a classic Spurs 'keeper. f*ck Chelski and their money. Keep Modric and make him see out his agreed contract (my future lies with Spurs, we can achieve great things etc, etc, etc) . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:50

i rekon torres would be good in our team but who knows if he will ever be good again or is he finnised

he has not been good in 2 seasons now.
    im talkn about torres not crouch and defoe Very Happy
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 30 2011, 20:44

40 million and a choice of three?

Thankyou very much, I'll take Torres, Lukaku or Mata. You want our best player? We'll take the money and one of yours.

Don't like it? Then f*ck off!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 02:32

ionman34 wrote:40 million and a choice of three?

Thankyou very much, I'll take Torres, Lukaku or Mata. You want our best player? We'll take the money and one of yours.

If only that were the ultimatum ion, afraid modric holds all the aces, sell me, i wont play for tottenham ! lose value by hanging out, etc etc.......
    Sorry ion, i wish we could take that stance, personally i would but daniel wont want £40 mill going down the drain.
    Theres a spurs supporter view and another at board room level, is daniel not just going through the motions as he did with berbatov ?
    my view is that i will be very surprised if chelsea dont get their man ?
    Its wrong that another club can do their best to ruin anothers season...............afraid its berbatov revisited.
    They all blame harry but i think what he has said regarding modric is correct, in other words he wants the money from the sale before its too late.
    Lets just see how it all pans out before the deadline ion !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 31 2011, 04:17

It seems to be all the parties are basically saying the transfer to Chelski is now dead.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 07:17

If thats correct baz then i hope modric buckles down and gets on with doing what tottenham pay him thousands per week to do.......play to the best of his ability.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 07:26

How can we lose value on Modric when he is contracted to US for another 5 years yet. ? Yes he will earn his £40K P/W while in the stands but he won't earn anymore than that. Not a small amount I agree but not what he could be making next season onwards, image right's etc. Sod him & let him rot . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 07:39

Well if you think any team will pay £30-£40 mill for modric after a seasons inactivity or more then thats your opinion vis, personally i think its better to get rid of and take the money.

But are we jumping the gun a little because latest reports say the deals dead anyway.

Deadline day approaches and lets see what pans out.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 09:17

Then go and and kiss the Russian Gangsters blood money Lew, enjoy the taste because it is the bitter taste of defeat & surrender. Time to make a stand. No player is bigger then Spurs and Modric's wages are already accounted for so the club won't lose money on that front and if you ain't got £40M already then you sure as hell ain't going to miss it. Tell 'em to do one or otherwise get used to be selling a club. I know which option I prefer . . . ..
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Aug 31 2011, 09:45

Get shot of Modric, ok so we keep him so we can say ner ner hes ours not yours , crazy, Modric is being treated like he is spurs, like feck he should be moved on sooner the better cos mark my words come january this will all flare up again
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Aug 31 2011, 11:59

LOBO wrote:Get shot of Modric, ok so we keep him so we can say ner ner hes ours not yours , crazy, Modric is being treated like he is spurs, like feck he should be moved on sooner the better cos mark my words come january this will all flare up again

And when it does, theres a good chance we will be better off doing a deal then ?....

Cast your mind back to last January ....Chavs lagging behind in the league equates to their desperation and they shell out Liverpools asking price for Torres, no haggling . I'd say with the way they and the two Manchester clubs have started the season, this is a possiblity and it is them that will be playing catch up...For us , if We're doing well in the league maybe, Modric will want to stay who knows ? If we aint or he still wants a move then we can listen to a desperate Chavs ...

Their 22 million opening offer was an insult to our club, out to cause us disruption too and with Modric stating Chavs was his choice lol....Basicaly , Chavs and Modric have been w*nkers all summer about this and we're going to sell him to them on the last day of the window just as we did with Berbatov a few years back ?

If Levy does a deal now and its not £40 million plus say Sturridge , I'd be dissapointed and it would further have me believing that Enic's time at Spurs is nearly up ...

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 18:08

LOBO wrote:Get shot of Modric, ok so we keep him so we can say ner ner hes ours not yours , crazy, Modric is being treated like he is spurs, like feck he should be moved on sooner the better cos mark my words come january this will all flare up again

It might flare up in January Lobs. You would hope by then Spurs have scouted suitable replacements and are in a posistion to do business sooner rather then last minute.com as it would be at present. I would still stand by the attitude of keeping Modric tho'. I don't care if we send him to Croatia on gardening leave but we have to send a message out to other clubs that we won't roll over like some cheap tart when they come showing us the size of their wallet. This isn't about an individual player for me but about the club & it's ambitions. Modric means nothing to me anymore and if we destroy his career by sitting him in the stands then he will recieve no sympathy from me. It amazes me that fans are salavating like Levy when sums of £40 million are mentioned. What good will the money do us ? £40M of Redknapp signings on the last day of the transfer window ? Triffic . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 19:12

VisionarySound wrote:Then go and and kiss the Russian Gangsters blood money Lew, enjoy the taste because it is the bitter taste of defeat & surrender. Time to make a stand. No player is bigger then Spurs and Modric's wages are already accounted for so the club won't lose money on that front and if you ain't got £40M already then you sure as hell ain't going to miss it. Tell 'em to do one or otherwise get used to be selling a club. I know which option I prefer . . . ..

Well as i said vis thats your opinion and in an ideal world thats the stance you would want to take, however, if a player doesnt want to play for you then what can you do.?
    I am not for selling modric, bale , sandro or any other star player at spurs, but if a player doesnt want to play for you what do you do ?
    Due to the big money world of football players are obviously now regarded as financial assetts, in other businesses you wouldnt just shelve your finances to collect dust, you make them work and earn for you, i cant see why making an example of modric is better than improving the clubs finanaces ?
    Modric doesnt want to play for spurs, whats the point in making an example of him, he wasnt the first and he wont be the last........this problem will rear its head again at some stage over the years with another player or players.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 19:51

If he dosen't want to play for us Lew we sit him in the stands for a year. My opinion and I would hope after all his posturing Levy takes the same stance. I don't see the argument of cashing in on your prize assets as being good business. To me it smacks of weakness when a competitor comes a-calling. It also sends out a message to our other assets that we are looking to build & progress but will not be held to ransom. You work for the company and it's aims or you do not reap the rewards . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:48

lewspurs wrote:

If only that were the ultimatum ion, afraid modric holds all the aces, sell me, i wont play for tottenham ! lose value by hanging out, etc etc.......
    Sorry ion, i wish we could take that stance, personally i would but daniel wont want £40 mill going down the drain.
    Theres a spurs supporter view and another at board room level, is daniel not just going through the motions as he did with berbatov ?
    Its wrong that another club can do their best to ruin anothers season...............afraid its berbatov revisited.
    They all blame harry but i think what he has said regarding modric is correct, in other words he wants the money from the sale before its too late.

How many times do you have to be told Lew, Modric holds f*ck all!

He signed away all of his rights on the dotted line of a 6 year contract. We can sit him on gardening leave for the next 2 seasons and STILL make a profit on the little Weasel.

Time to play hardball. He's had enough chances. If he doesn't pull himself together then make him sit out the rest of the season away from the team. If he wants to train then he can train by himself at home, ban him from using our facilities.

Then see how well he does for Croatia.

He'd then have to come back cap in f*cking hand and beg to be allowed to play.

Then let him make an apology to his team mates, to his manager and to his Chairman before calling a press conference so he can make a Public apology to US.

Once he's done all that, THEN he can go back to training and EARNING the right to wear the shirt.

And if WE decide that we want him to go then we'll broker a deal that suits us.

He's made his bed now let him f*cking lie in it.

That is the only view that makes sense to a team with aspirations like ours. He stays and knuckles down or he rots. Any team that feels as though they can 'rescue' him can pay what we want. There is only one sum now that I'd EVER take from those cheating Blue scum and that would cover at least 1/4 of the cost of our new stadium. Anyone else, outside of England, can have him for 40 million once we've located a replacement.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Aug 31 2011, 21:43

sticks in your throat a bit though. even seeing him in our shirt from now on will turn my stomach knowing hes in it under duress. at least berbatoss was up front from the start but this cnut tried to do it all quietly and nice at first, thinking he could just sneak away all pals with everyone. then he had to show his true colours. i wont be singing the pr*cks name at any matches, hes burnt his bridges with the fans i reckon

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 22:16

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

How many times do you have to be told Lew, Modric holds f*ck all!

He signed away all of his rights on the dotted line of a 6 year contract. We can sit him on gardening leave for the next 2 seasons and STILL make a profit on the little Weasel.

Time to play hardball. He's had enough chances. If he doesn't pull himself together then make him sit out the rest of the season away from the team. If he wants to train then he can train by himself at home, ban him from using our facilities.

Then see how well he does for Croatia.

He'd then have to come back cap in f*cking hand and beg to be allowed to play.

Then let him make an apology to his team mates, to his manager and to his Chairman before calling a press conference so he can make a Public apology to US.

Once he's done all that, THEN he can go back to training and EARNING the right to wear the shirt.

And if WE decide that we want him to go then we'll broker a deal that suits us.

He's made his bed now let him f*cking lie in it.

That is the only view that makes sense to a team with aspirations like ours. He stays and knuckles down or he rots. Any team that feels as though they can 'rescue' him can pay what we want. There is only one sum now that I'd EVER take from those cheating Blue scum and that would cover at least 1/4 of the cost of our new stadium. Anyone else, outside of England, can have him for 40 million once we've located a replacement.

lol! Its not me that needs to be told ion, its modric ! as i have told vis in another thread modric can be left to rot in the reserves but its shelving a financial asset that could be made available for other signings.
    I totally agree with both you and vis, make him suffer and then see the error of his ways and hope that he decides to see harry and say that his head is right now.
    The problem as i see it is player power, we had this with berbatov, he just went out there and strolled about, which was insulting to the spurs faithful, that is what i am saying is the path that modric could take? if he so chooses.
    Certainly on paper spurs hold all the aces with the long term contract he has at the moment, but we all know they count for nothing , even the goons are having problems keeping players now because they have slipped over recent seasons.
    But lets see how it pans out ? lets see when the window closes if modric decides to buckle down,if he is still at spurs? one thing for certain is that he has ruined his reputation as a spurs hero, he wont be seen in the same light.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 31 2011, 23:40

he just went out there and strolled about, which was insulting to the
    spurs faithful, that is what i am saying is the path that modric could
    take? if he so chooses.

Then don't play him. f*ck him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:38