The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
MarkA249
shearspur
anicoll5
cstmrsking
seebee1944
BazSpur
LOBO
11 posters

Match Thread Vs Arsenal

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Arsenal

Post by cstmrsking Mon Oct 03 2011, 04:18

Not so lucky this time.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Oct 03 2011, 04:21

Disappointing result but I'll go withHoddle that Spuds did more attacking and just deserved to win - in fact not too disappointed with our performance today

Pivotal moment the VDV goal - he scores and puts Spuds in driving seat, he gets flagged for deliberate handball and he is already on a yellow.......

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 04:26

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Possibly the worst I have seen us play this season. Gave them far to much room & respect. Walkers goal was total class. Ekotto had one of his off days. How many thousands is he paid per week and yet he gives away a foul throw ? Hasn't he worked out such a simple thing to do ? Adabayour was almost invisible. Parker was immense. Friedel looked comfertable between the sticks. King & Kaboul were special K today. I will always take a win against the interlopers but I did feel we made it hard for ourselves today . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 04:31

Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal

Match Thread Vs Arsenal - Page 2 _55781920_55781915
    Walker hits a swerving shot to beat Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny

Kyle Walker's 25-yard strike earned Tottenham victory over Arsenal in an entertaining north London derby.

The full-back's goal on 73 minutes came after Rafael van der Vaart scored the opener in the first half following Emmanuel Adebayor's angled pass.

Aaron Ramsey equalised after the break when he turned in Alex Song's cross.

And although Wojciech Szczesny could have saved Walker's swerving shot, he brilliantly stopped Adebayor's effort and denied Jermain Defoe.

In an open game, Gareth Bale could have added a third for Spurs after a mix-up in Arsenal's defence but his shot went just wide.

Early on, Gervinho was off-target from Robin van Persie's cutback and they had lots of possession, but once Tottenham introduced midfielder Sandro, they began to get a decisive grip in the midfield.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 05:41

pleased we win but we made a poor arsenal team looked good.

i couldnt belive we didnt kill the game of with a 3rd but at least we held on, so glad harry brought sandro on for vdv
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Oct 03 2011, 05:49

defoe done well getting back defending at times as well

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 06:04

hes gettin slagged off on another fourum but he did work hard. but should of killed the game off

im sorry but apart from the goal vdv was awfull
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Oct 03 2011, 06:20

It's a Derby, even tho, the a*se are not in the best of form right now, they wanted this as much as we did. Venger would have got them up for it and they did come out fighting, to take the pressure off their dodgy defence. And in doing so, they done a good job and not allowing us to get into our stride.Despite there best efforts, we didnt fold, we pushed on til the end. Spurs are, I feel starting to find some ledgends, those that, when needed to step up with something to make the difference when called upon. Up steps Walker with the Balls.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Oct 03 2011, 06:22

Q, What did we think of Mods performance today?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 06:34

he was ok nuffing specal.

brad walker kaboul king parker bale all had great games

that goal was not kabouls fault he had 3 of them gooons there.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:01

cstmrsking wrote:Q, What did we think of Mods performance today?

A: Far from his most impressive . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:04

Loughtonlegend wrote:pleased we win but we made a poor arsenal team looked good.

Not really Lought, this fixture has no limits the form book goes out the window
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:06

cstmrsking wrote:Q, What did we think of Mods performance today?

Parker was MOTM for me , Mod was good but the problem he had was finding someone in space and he got caught on the ball a lot, not really his fault , but Parker was exceptional gave his all do or die love the fella

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:10

I watched Parker closely today. This guy is not going to score goals for us, as his chance in the 1st half showed. But the job he does is so important. He breaks up play and plays the simple out ball. No 70 yard glory pass, just the correct pass. He tracks across the midfield following the play and when a defender goes beyond him he holds back and fills the gap that is left. I am really impressed with him and what he is doing . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:14

shearspur wrote:defoe done well getting back defending at times as well

Defoe was superb today Shear in his non-attacking play. He done more work away from the opposistion goal and at times that was so important. To see him winning the ball back in our defensive half was refreshing as he was needed at times in those areas. Adabayour was disapointing for me. Didn't really look like he knew what was expected of him in a Spurs shirt . . . . [b]

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:56

Kyle Walker's late long-range strike gave Tottenham victory in a frenetic north London derby with Arsenal at White Hart Lane.

The right-back - watched by England coach Fabio Capello - condemned Arsenal to their fourth Premier League defeat of the season when his swerving 25-yard effort deceived goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny 17 minutes from time.

Rafael van der Vaart put Spurs in front with the 10,000th goal in the club's history just before the interval, although Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and his players complained bitterly that he had handled before scoring.

Aaron Ramsey then gave Arsenal the equaliser they deserved five minutes after half-time before Walker settled a high-tempo encounter that made light of the searing temperatures.

It was another thrilling meeting between these two fierce rivals and tempers threatened to boil over at the final whistle when Wenger was involved in a touchline confrontation with Spurs coach Clive Allen before the pair made their way down the tunnel.

On the pitch Spurs just edged the Gunners, who more than matched Harry Redknapp's side for long periods, but were once again undermined by fragility at the back.

Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor was a predictably prominent figure for the home side, while Scott Parker demonstrated the wisdom of his signing by completely overshadowing Wenger's £10m deadline day purchase Mikel Arteta.
    Szczesny, in particular, will feel the disappointment of defeat but the young Pole also distinguished himself with fine saves from Parker, Adebayor and Jermain Defoe.

The frantic early pace of the game made no allowances for the heat and Parker should have given Spurs the lead after only six minutes. Alex Song conceded possession in dangerous territory but Parker could only shoot straight at Szczesny with only the keeper to beat.

Arsenal's confidence in possession and their willingness to take the game to Spurs belied their early-season struggles and Theo Walcott was inches away from giving them the lead when his angled effort deflected just wide off Ledley King.

From the resulting corner, it needed the intervention of Benoit Assou-Ekotto on the line to divert Ramsey's header away to safety.

Arsenal's best first-half chance fell to Gervinho after 28 minutes, Wenger leaping from his seat and pumping his fists in frustration as the striker took a pass from Robin van Persie in his stride 10 yards out before steering a finish carelessly wide.

The deadlock was broken in contentious circumstances six minutes before half-time. Arsenal's defending was ponderous as Bacary Sagna and Per Mertesacker allowed Van der Vaart far too much time to collect Adebayor's pass before shooting across Szczesny into the bottom corner.

Arsenal, with Wenger leading the complaints, appealed for handball but the protests were ignored as Van der Vaart ran to celebrate among the Spurs fans, an action he was fortunate referee Mike Dean ignored as he had already been booked for a foul on Kieran Gibbs.

Van der Vaart undid his earlier good work when he was guilty of dreadful defending to let Arsenal in for the equaliser. As Younes Kaboul's clearing header fell to Song, the Dutchman made only a token effort to stop his run and was punished as Ramsey arrived at the near post to turn in his cross.

Spurs almost delivered the instant response as Bale set Adebayor free inside the area but Szczesny was once more alert to the danger and denied the former Arsenal striker with an instinctive one-handed save.

However, the young keeper had to take a large share of the responsibility as Spurs regained the lead.

Arsenal's defence allowed substitute Sandro too much time to cross and when the loose ball fell to Walker, his shot carried pace and swerve but Szczesny should not have been deceived to let the ball evade his grasp.

Mertesacker had endured his moments of uncertainty and a complete breakdown in communication with Song almost let Bale in for a third, but his shot rolled agonisingly wide.

Szczesny joined Arsenal's attack as they forced corners in injury time - but it was to no avail as Spurs held on to win.

WHO IS KYLE WALKER?
    Began his career at Sheffield United before to moving to Spurs along with Kyle Naughton in the summer of 2009
    • Was loaned back to the Blades and also spent time with QPR
    • A further loan spell at Aston Villa led to a call up the England squad for the friendly against Denmark in February
    • Has made eight appearances for Spurs this season, scoring his first goal for the club in the win over Arsenal
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:57

That goal Smile

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:58

WOW man, VDV's goal was Spurs 10,000th goal. That would be a goals compalation DVD (lol not VDV) that would take some time to watch . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 08:00

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp and Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger condemned abusive chanting from fans during the north London derby.

Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who now plays for Spurs, was taunted about the Togo national team being attacked before the African Cup of Nations in Angola in January 2010.

Redknapp and Wenger were also targeted for insults during Spurs 2-1 win.

"What was chanted at Emmanuel was disgusting," said Redknapp.

"There was some pretty disgusting chanting at me as well but that's life. How do you chant something like that at someone? You can't be right mentally. You need help."

Tottenham full-back Kyle Walker earned the hosts victory with his late strike coming after Aaron Ramsey had equalised for the Gunners. Rafael van der Vaart gave Spurs the lead before the break.
    But the abusive songs also included those by Arsenal fans chanting about the recent Tottenham riots.

Redknapp added: "It's got no place anywhere in life. Emmanuel never said anything to me. I think he regretted what happened when he ran to the Arsenal fans after scoring for Manchester City the other season.

"Even then what did he really do? They are all shouting abuse and he ran up and said 'have a bit of that'. He's run up and slid on his knees and said 'I've scored.' It might have been a bit over the top but he'd been getting grief for 80 minutes and that's how he reacted."

Wenger, when asked if he was disappointed at chanting from both sections of support, said: "Yes. We respect everybody and want to be respected as well."

The Arsenal boss also brushed off a confrontation with Spurs coach Clive Allen at the final whistle, which appeared to centre on Wenger's apparent refusal to shake his hand.

Wenger said: "Nothing happened. I shook the hands of the Spurs manager Harry Redknapp and his assistant. How many people do I have to shake hands with? There were no words exchanged. "

PMSL whinger gets a strop on yet again . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 08:03

Redknapp gives good (talking) head . . . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15145366.stm
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Oct 03 2011, 08:05

whos goal was better ? walkers today or danny roses one. both spectacular and pretty similar in distance. oh yeah and both against them cnuts lol

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 08:11

LOL Shear, I vote for both of 'em . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 03 2011, 09:43

Anybody got any suggestions? For some reason I cannot access any bbc sites and play video clips. I can't play Iplayer. I couldn't get commentary from BBC Radio London or Five live lol. What's happening?
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Oct 03 2011, 17:35

A good win yes but agree with a lot on here saying should of scored a 3rd everybody played well Parker was knackered at the end bringing on Sandro good move the guy is a beast best players for me Parker Sandro Walker. Kaboul even played well apart from getting skinned by V Persie on the touch line that was shocking if Gervinho had scored from that i would not have been so nice lol! Bale was in and out of the game like the hokey cokey Modric ok think the defence glad Big Brad is in goal dont after to worry is he going to make a mistake like the Brazlian Juggler.

My Ratings

Friedel 7 not much to do really

Walker 8 up and down like a yoyo

Kaboul 6 plyed quite well but got skinned quite easy should of been goal for them

King 8 still immense even though was not his best game for us

Ekotto 7 had walcott in his pocket

Bale 7 too inconstent but a good oulet for a tired team

Modric 6 passing bit off work rate good

Parker 9 my MOM supberb apart from his finishing lol

VDV 5 what did he do apart from score ?

Defoe 8 worked his socks off for the team loved his work rate

Adebayor 7 tried again but looked knackered at end should of scored when 1 on 1

subs Sandro 8 what a sub by Arry great defensive and offensive

Livermore 6 shut up shop well

Corlucka 6 shut up shop well
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 03 2011, 17:37

BazSpur wrote:Anybody got any suggestions? For some reason I cannot access any bbc sites and play video clips. I can't play Iplayer. I couldn't get commentary from BBC Radio London or Five live lol. What's happening?

They probably have North Wales confused with North Korea Baz jocolor
    Video
    http://www.footytube.com/video/tottenham-hotspur-arsenal-oct02-92486?ref=hp_ozeit_mp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:02