The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
super pav EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
super pav EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
super pav EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
super pav EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
super pav EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
super pav EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
super pav EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
super pav EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
super pav EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

super pav Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
MarkA249
ArnieArdiles
ionman34
7 posters

super pav

super pav Empty super pav

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 05:15

what a goal he scored. the amount of free kicks vdv abd bale waste every game and up steps the super pav

did i hear the comentator say sumthing like hes scored 19 goals in 33 cup games before last night. thats some record

super pav Empty Re: super pav

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 05:20

Some of the colourful words the media uses to describe the goal :
    superb - uefa.com
    brilliant - soccernet/teamtalk
    rocket - dailymail
    stunner - dailymirror/eurosport
    piledriver - tribalfootball
    thunderous - totalfootballmadness
    sizzling - reuters
    astonishing - sun

Harry Redknapp felt something special could happen when Roman
    Pavlyuchenko stepped up for his matchwinning free-kick against Rubin
    Kazan.

There were no thrills from the striker as he simply strode
    up and blasted the ball into the top corner from 20 yards after Danny
    Rose had been hauled down.

Pav’s thunderbolt was enough for a 1-0
    victory against the impressive Russian side who caused us problems at
    the Lane and forced Heurelho Gomes into three fine saves.

The win put us top of Group A at the halfway stage with the return match in Tartarstan to follow on November 3.

“He’s a great striker of the ball and technically, a fantastic footballer,” said Harry.

“When he put the ball down I fancied he could score because he really can strike a ball well. He really can hit it.

“He’s a top player, a first-team player and this was an opportunity for him. It was great to see him score.

“It
    was a great result for us. It was important we won the game and getting
    that result means perhaps another win and a draw will do us.”

We are now two points clear of PAOK, who beat Shamrock Rovers 2-1 in Greece.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 22 2011, 10:49

What a shame you don't spend all this time and effort finding articles to praise the likes of VDV or Dawson when they have a good game. When VDV scores you bang on about how he did sweet FA for the rest of the game. When Pav is anonymous, then pops up to score, you suddenly get orgasmic and trawl the net looking for every ounce of praise you can find.

He's not Super, he's not even good. In fact he's a barely average Footballer. I've said it before, 'a scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer.'

Of all the players on our books, apart from Bentley, he's the one we need to upgrade first.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 11:07

i thought you liked him. hes a better finniser then defoe. some of the goals hes scored have been top notch.

its a shame hes lazy and dont put in a shift because he is lazy and greedy. i did find it funny when defoe moaned at pav for shooting when defoe is just as greedy,

if you have watched the spurs games then you would of seen vdv been pretty averge and dont even derserve to start games. he mucks up our formation. hes to slow .

as for dawson could you imagine him being the one that came on for last 20 minutesl ast night instead of kaboul. he would of given away 3 pens lol.

did i hear pat nevin say that he though ade was pretty averge aganst newcastle.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 22 2011, 11:31

Shifting Crouch from the first team is one thing and it looks to me , since Adybayor's arrival that, Pav has mentally thrown in the towel about being Harry's first team pick ...

At least his team mates seem to like him and Harry gets excited when he scores lol

Quick viewing is advised as the UEFA feckers are pulling the vids pretty quick!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 11:51

why not start him on sunday and leave ade on the bench and bring him on later in the game, ade been suffering with a hamstring problem
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 22 2011, 12:58

It's not really about whether I like him or not Lought, it's about what he offers to the team. He offers very little really and this is why I want him upgraded. You may have been confused by me stating in the off season that he was, at the time, the best of the bunch. But I also stated quite clearly that I wanted them ALL replaced. I still do. The difference between then and now is that Defoe is now offering far more. As Arnie says, Pav appears to have thrown in the towel whilst Defoe has upped his game.

However, you have missed the point, or ignored it!

Pav has been ordinary since he joined us, has been non existent in many matches and a detriment to the team on more than a few other occasions, a handicap if you will, and yet you never pick him up on this. But you will pull out EVERY positive remark made about him when he scores one wonder goal and paint it as though he is marvellous.
    Alternatively, the likes of Dawson or VDV can have great games and they will get a grudging 'he played well' from you & nothing more. However, should they have a single bad one you are on them like a cheap suit. I can't understand this really. In every department (ability, attitude, quality, work rate etc) Pav is sub standard, yet a player like VDV is World class in his ability and, more often than not, work rate, or a player like Dawson who has a World class attitude and work rate get nothing but disdain from you.

Why?

I'm not taking a shot here, I'm just genuinely interested in why as I really do not understand it.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Oct 22 2011, 18:19

its cause pav was superted for a game lol! super pav 214712
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 22 2011, 20:29

Lought you are obsessed with Pav lol

I also think he deserves more games but its pretty obvious the manager isn't keen , the writing is on the wall mate .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 22 2011, 23:07

At the risk of being accused of always agreeing with ion (Which is not true) I am going to agree with ion. It was a great goal by Pav and had me jumping out of my seat but I also don't think he is the answer to our problems. True, at one time I was convinced he might be but then took the blinkers off. Even Lought admits he is lazy. I don't think he'll ever be a prolific scorer no more than Defoe will ever be. But Defoe always has chances. Apart from the free kick there weren't an awful lot more chances for Pav against Kazin.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23 2011, 02:21

every departmnet other then goals. yet its goals that win games.
    did you see defoe on thursday. nope neither did i.

surley you can see vdv been woefull for ages now yet how he starts every game is beyond me. and hes not world class. take your spurs blinkers off because everyone of us though sneider was a better player but now we have vdv we rekon hes better lol

im not sayin pav should be in the team because he dont deserve too be yet. but im happy having sumone of hes quality come of the bench,

go look at hes goal stats yet hes never had 8/10 games in a row like defoe and crouch have had.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 23 2011, 13:03

Pav has been ordinary since he joined us, has been non existent in many matches and a detriment to the team on more than a few other occasions, a handicap if you will, and yet you never pick him up on this. But you will pull out EVERY positive remark made about him when he scores one wonder goal and paint it as though he is marvellous.
    Alternatively, the likes of Dawson or VDV can have great games and they will get a grudging 'he played well' from you & nothing more. However, should they have a single bad one you are on them like a cheap suit. I can't understand this really. In every department (ability, attitude, quality, work rate etc) Pav is sub standard, yet a player like VDV is World class in his ability and, more often than not, work rate, or a player like Dawson who has a World class attitude and work rate get nothing but disdain from you.

Why?

I'm not taking a shot here, I'm just genuinely interested in why as I really do not understand it.

I've put it up again because I think you must have missed it the first time. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here because you haven't answered the question at all.

Give it a go mate, g'wan. Why is it that you will only begrudgingly offer praise to two of our best but are desperate to pick up on everything good that Pav does?

In all seriousness, I don't have a problem with you looking to big up Pav. He's a Spurs player and you see him as an asset, I can identify with that as I see Jenas as the same. But what I can't get to grips with is you only ever seeing the worst in certain other players. You have never liked Dawson and, now that Crouch is gone, you seem to have switched your ire to VDV.

It is obvious to all and sundry that VDV is far and away the better player of the two, but not to you. Or, if you too think this, how is it that VDV gets so much of your ire whilst Pav gets none of it?

Enquiring minds and all that.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 23 2011, 20:20

To be fair ion it's not just on here that dissenting voices are being raised about VDV there are a fair few on the facebook pages I go on.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Oct 23 2011, 20:48

When VDV first came here he was the best thing since pamela anderson first appeared in baywatch now he has a few dodgy games hes crap whats the difference between pavs perfomances and Vdvs as lought says pav scores goals hmmmmmm so does Vdv i know who i would have in my team and its not supertedski. VDV has injury problems wouldnt u going home to a wife like he has lol

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23 2011, 21:41

Pav is a little greedy as commented on in the televised rubin kazan game, a simple pass to defoe at one stage could have killed the game off but i suppose pav wants to play for russia and so you have to excuse him of that fact.
    I am not siding with lought here but i think the jury is out on vdv, superb finisher though, but i would ask is he being played in his best position, or in other words are we getting the best out of him ?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 23 2011, 21:44

Problem with Pav is he don't stop whining and bitching and a same could be said for vdv both twittering nonsense all the time like two big cry babies , my message to them is except the managers decision on who he picks and if you don't like it live with it, stop acting like we care lol its a team game not all about one pr*cks ego lol again

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23 2011, 23:15

i think you will find vdv was useless from jan to may last season yet gets picked everygame

the only game we played well recently was wigan first half.

harry tryin to fit vdv .. ion you watch the games surley you can see he dont derserve to start.

ill anser the other post later.

and i do like dawson. i always have. i just dont rate him. king kaboul i said from the start will be better
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 24 2011, 01:34

Scored yet another goal.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Oct 24 2011, 03:20

and another lol, would pav?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 24 2011, 05:15

Doubt it Shear. Can't remember him scoring twice in many games TBH mate.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 05:39

and yet hes still been our stop striker for the past 2 seasons.

i dont want alarm bells to ring but is that ade 3rd game and no goal .
    the chances hes had he should have s cored a few
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 24 2011, 05:56

Lets hope it's just a glich Lought.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 02:17

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/26/27288...

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko hits out at manager Harry Redknapp for not 'telling the truth' about his future

The Russian says he was told he isn’t playing because his pre-season form wasn’t good enough, and that he needs to find regular football anywhere so he can play in Euro 2012

26 Oct 2011 13:25:00

By Joel Lamy

Roman Pavlyuchenko has hit out at Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp for lying to him about his future at the club.

The Russian feels that Redknapp has not been honest to him about why he can’t break into the first-team at White Hart Lane and says that he is not content with only playing in the Europa League.

"I don't believe I can fight my way into the Tottenham starting line-up. Players can feel what the manager thinks about them, and I know that the manager doesn't count on me these days,” he told Russian newspaper Sport Express.

“Therefore, something must change. I must play in order not to miss Euro 2012, and there is danger of missing such an important tournament.

“You don't get into the national squad on past achievements. I will be 30 in December, and it could be my last big tournament.

"I don't want to be the team's fourth striker. I want to play in the big games in the Premier League. Europa League, which I am playing in, doesn't interest anyone here.

"I don't know whether Redknapp is telling the truth when he says he doesn't want to lose me. I guess he is not telling the truth.

"Redknapp says I'm not playing because my pre-season wasn't good. I can't understand that.

“First of all, he wasn't with us in the first half of pre-season training, so he can't know how I trained. And anyway, I gave 100 per cent in the pre-season, like everyone else"

"The main part of my contract with Tottenham ends in the summer. Afterwards, the club has an option to extend it for one more season, regardless of my wishes.

“I don't know whether the club with execute that option, but a good offer would definitely be considered. I don't know my market value right now".

Despite his unhappiness with Redknapp, Pavlyuchenko says he has no regrets over leaving Spartak Moscow in 2008 to come to London, claiming that there is a great atmosphere at Spurs and that living in London is much better than in his home country. However, the forward did admit his shock over the sale of Peter Crouch to Stoke during the summer transfer window.

"I was very surprised to see Peter Crouch sold. At first I couldn't even believe it. Crouch is a special player for Redknapp, he played for him at Portsmouth. I don't know what happened," he said.

"[Emmanuel] Adebayor, [Jermain] Defoe and [Rafael] van der Vaart are top players. We have good relationships, and the atmosphere at Tottenham is very friendly. We get good results not only because of the squad quality, but also because of our unity.

"I don't regret moving to Tottenham. It was the right decision. Every footballer dreams of playing in such a league, against Manchester United, ars*nal and Chelsea. I've learned a lot here, and achieved quite a bit.

“There were a lot of critics, but the goal against Rubin [Kazan) was my 40th for Tottenham. Few can say that. When leaving Russia I feared the adaptation period will be long, but in the end it turned out to be easier than expected.

"Players are injured more often in England than in Russia, and I think it's because of the huge number of games over here. That's why all the teams have big squads - some play in the league, the others in the cup"

"It would be foolish to deny that living in London is much more comfortable than in Russia. You enjoy life in London. People know the right way to live here, as opposed to us.

“Here you feel safe and calm, and in Russia there are tragedies every day - killings, bombings, drunk driving accidents, even drunk pilots".

"Russian people are aggressive, the English are polite in every aspect. We should learn from them."

Pavlyuchenko admitted to being flattered by interest from Rubin Kazan over bringing him back to Russia, but said due to his affiliation with Spartak, there were some clubs that he would not sign for.

"It is flattering that such a respected coach as Kurban Berdyev considered signing me. Rubin Kazan is a very good team, and all Europe got to know it in the last few years," he added.

"As a former Spartak player, I will never sign for Zenit or CSKA"

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30230&posts=5#ixzz1bnxeYv00
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Oct 27 2011, 12:00

Simple facts are that he couldn't trap a bag of cement on current form, he's played like a disinterested Prima Donna in the European games with the youngsters and has done nothing whatsoever to put himself in the frame for Prem against the three above him.

Then he has the temerity to complain about it and call the manager a liar?
    The only lies I saw there were him claiming he gave 100% pre season. If he managed 50% it was only because he managed to wake up for 45 minutes!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 02:11

your being harsh there. pav played well in hes last game and he was miles better then defoe yet defoe had loads of games.

pav just being honest in everything he says and 40 goals hes scored i wonder how many starts that hes had

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content