The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ade - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ade - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ade - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ade - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ade - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ade - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ade - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ade - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ade - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ade - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
anicoll5
MarkA249
BazSpur
LOBO
8 posters

ade

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

ade - Page 2 Empty Re: ade

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Nov 08 2011, 17:58

Bugger you beat me too it Vis
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 08 2011, 19:22

STRIKE
    RATE (Minutes played per goal) 161

ade - Page 2 348204 ade - Page 2 348204 ade - Page 2 348204 ade - Page 2 348204 ade - Page 2 348204

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 01:40

ionman34 wrote:Lought on a wind up again?

Or he,s been sniffing something again ! lol!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 03:19

i deal in facts and i backed them up in a post before and i cant be botherd to repost that one

pav scored more then defoe and crouch combind last season and the season before he scored the most goals from jan to may when he got back into the team

tell me would you have gary lineker if he was stil playing because he was a great goal scorer but did nuffing else

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 05:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:i deal in facts and i backed them up in a post before and i cant be botherd to repost that one

pav scored more then defoe and crouch combind last season and the season before he scored the most goals from jan to may when he got back into the team

tell me would you have gary lineker if he was stil playing because he was a great goal scorer but did nuffing else

Lought, the facts are that in a bad year last season for spurs strikers pav may have been top scorer, but honestly lought look at what ade does and at what pav does, who are you saying should be playing ?
    Also the facts can be misleading but of course you stick rigidly by them, for a start how long was defoe out, and many of us agreed when he came back he wasnt really firing.
    Its best that you become manager of spurs and play pav, see how long you would last.
    I can hear it now....lought out, lought out, lought out. lol! lol!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 05:40

i hear what your saying

i think ade is the best of a bad bunch. i just dont think we should be playing him every game for 90 mins cos he looks nackerd plus hes been suffering and even harry said a few weeks back that he thought ade would be out but ade himself has played on through the pain even more reason to give pav some game game even if its last 20 mins of games

defoe was out last season but not for that long plus the season before he had no excuess and only scored 1 pen from march to may and it was pavs goals that helped get us to 4th but people forget that.

go look at the stats from jan 09/10 and then 10/11 season crouch and defoe recored was just rubbish

defoe had more games then pav in the last 2 season yet scored less

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 07:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:i deal in facts and i backed them up in a post before and i cant be botherd to repost that one

That was last season Lought and this is this season. Lineker yes of course he scored regulary and worked for the team as well. Is Pavy the same as Lineker ? Of course not . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 08:02

i thought lineker was like ian wright didnt work for the team they just goal hang and scored

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 08:14

Defoe was out for ages lought, probably 6 weeks at least, thats when the facts are misleading.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 08:43

Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought lineker was like ian wright didnt work for the team they just goal hang and scored

Even if that was all they did Lought, compare their records to Pavy's and play spot the difference ? As I said previously VdV is our best striker and stats this season show he is best paired with Adebayour. Previous seasons don't count as they are done with . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 09:21

defoe was out for 6 weeks yet pav didnt play until jan and stil scored more then defoe and the gimp

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 16:28

Well if it came down to a choice between defoe and pav i know who i would play most days and it isnt pav.
    My man utd mate reckons he,s useless, i dont agree with that appraisal but the truth is he isnt interested, he has to work harder, and has to keep the fcking ball when he gets it, because prem defenders look like that have him sussed.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10 2011, 03:17

you dont score goals like he does if your a bad player

like i said why should a striker have to run around wasting energy

i see man u playin rooney in midfeild lol

there greatest goal threatlol no wonder the goals have dried up for them
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Nov 10 2011, 08:32

How can you goal hang with the offside rule?

Another Pearl of wisdom Lought?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10 2011, 08:46

your telling me lineker could hold the ball up. ian wright couldnt. they was goal poachers
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 10 2011, 08:54

Goal hanger be f*cked Lought. Do you actually know your stuff mate? Because I'm beginning to doubt it.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10 2011, 10:21

this from you baz lol dont make me laugh. gary lineker was a great goal scorer who was hardley ever seen froom outside the box. was he nown for hes hold up skills. did he have a partner when playin at spurs i seem to remember he kept paul walsh out the team

and theres my point. you never saw liniker in hes own box and thats where english managera go wrong today.

i want pav defoe ade in the box. how many times do bale and lennon put crosses in and theres no sod there. gary would love to be in this spurs team

i guess gary couldnt get in this spurs team because hes link up and hold up play is non exixtent.

the nearest thing we have today of a poacher is darren bent
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Nov 10 2011, 17:19

I wouldn't worry too much Baz, it's obvious that Lought is suffering from the strain of being wrong in virtually every single way and has developed a 'blow hard.'

Wrong on Taarabt, wrong on shoopah Pav, wrong on Aitch, wrong on VDV, wrong on Defoe, wrong on Bale, wrong on Dawson ........... I could keep this up for days!

What do you reckon he'd have made of Gilzean or Smith? Chivers even?

Whatever he'd make of them, it'd be .................... WRONG!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 10 2011, 18:20

I'd hate to think what Lought would have made of Greavsie if he had an off couple of games ion.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10 2011, 20:58

You are flogging a dead horse with lought baz and all, pav is marvellous and adel is a top prem player... lol!
    I do see what he means about a goal poacher though, someone who just finishes and doesnt get involved in two many moves, but the days of that type of striker is gone, greaves was good at it and so was lineker, but lineker did link up play, he often had to run for the ball before scoring whereas jimmy had a lot of simple tap ins being in the right place at the right time.
    In todays game greavsie would be continually marked, kicked, shirt pulled tripped and all the other dirty tricks that go on behind the refs back.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 10 2011, 21:35

Tbh, im struggling to find one player in the prem at the mom that plays that role, all drop off and receive the ball and chase defenders, even Pav (half heartedly) does it.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 10 2011, 22:26

If Greaves was just starting out today he would still be a great scorer IMO. He was a natural and no matter what era he played in you can't take that away from him. Don't forget he would have been brought up with the players of today and the training methods etc. He would have adjusted that's all. I think he would still have been banging goals in. He was more than a goal hanger believe me. You could say he was always in the right place at the right time but that's good. He wasn't a worker that's true and Billy Nick once said about him after one match. "He did nothing all game but score those 4 goals" Greaves said that was his job. "I am a goal scorer, "I let others do the defending."
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 10 2011, 23:16

Greaves, goal hanger, check the turn and beating of 3 players to slot home

Embedded it for you dj.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10 2011, 23:50

BazSpur wrote:If Greaves was just starting out today he would still be a great scorer IMO. He was a natural and no matter what era he played in you can't take that away from him. Don't forget he would have been brought up with the players of today and the training methods etc. He would have adjusted that's all. I think he would still have been banging goals in. He was more than a goal hanger believe me. You could say he was always in the right place at the right time but that's good. He wasn't a worker that's true and Billy Nick once said about him after one match. "He did nothing all game but score those 4 goals" Greaves said that was his job. "I am a goal scorer, "I let others do the defending."

Have to agree with that baz, but he would have closer marking in todays modern game, and tugging back, blocking is rife and half the time defenders get away with it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 11 2011, 01:19

He would have coped Lew. Did you see him play mate? Even in those days he got plenty of close attention. Whatever they tried he found a way around it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30 2024, 13:33