The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Official : No Racism in Football EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Official : No Racism in Football EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Official : No Racism in Football EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Official : No Racism in Football EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Official : No Racism in Football EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Official : No Racism in Football EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Official : No Racism in Football EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Official : No Racism in Football EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Official : No Racism in Football EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Official : No Racism in Football Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
djfitzo
LOBO
7 posters

Official : No Racism in Football

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Official : No Racism in Football Empty Official : No Racism in Football

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 18 2011, 00:36

Well you heard it there is no racism in football, and if there is then after the match everyone should shake hands and forget about it

Well saurez has been charged with racist abuse by the FA, but what is taking so long with Terry the Golden boy of English football , will it come to nothing " not enough evidence " i bet it does, Terry is quote " an untouchable" mark my words nothing will come of it .

as for Blatter i think its time he walked , he seems to be standing in the way of progress, and his latest comments must be a slap in the face for kick racism out of football campaign

any thoughts
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Official : No Racism in Football Empty Re: Official : No Racism in Football

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 18 2011, 01:54

LOBO wrote:Well you heard it there is no racism in football, and if there is then after the match everyone should shake hands and forget about it

Well saurez has been charged with racist abuse by the FA, but what is taking so long with Terry the Golden boy of English football , will it come to nothing " not enough evidence " i bet it does, Terry is quote " an untouchable" mark my words nothing will come of it .

as for Blatter i think its time he walked , he seems to be standing in the way of progress, and his latest comments must be a slap in the face for kick racism out of football campaign

any thoughts

Money talls Lobo, ever wondered how this muppet keeps getting re elected?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 18 2011, 02:29

OR EVEN TALKS!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 18 2011, 03:03

The man is a total dickhead. He should have a word with the family of Stephen Lawrence. I am sure they would love to shake hands with their son's killers.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Nov 18 2011, 11:06

Blatter has made way to many Gaffs and clearly has not learnt from any of them, clear indicator that he never will after his latest comments. I ask you, all the efforts being made to kick racism out of football, and he basicalys says say what you want on the pitch, just as long as you shake hands afterwards, while advertising boards around the grounds flash up the Kick Racism out of football message at the same time.

Like you say Baz tell that to StephenLawrences Parents, or if Stephen had survived the attack, perhaps Sepp would suggest Stephen shakes hands with his attackers.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Nov 18 2011, 11:11

Terry Guilty or not Guilty? Just intrested in what views we have on the board.

I think this is so tricky for all involved, the FA if they find JT not Guilty,what will Anton do, if JT found Guilty what will he do, retire, face it out and be accused of being a racist for ever more, have the FA got the Balls to find JT guilty if he is indeed Guilty.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 18 2011, 11:15

The sooner he goes the better Kingy. Problem is there is always a dickhead to take the place of a dickhead.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 18 2011, 11:22

Funnily enough Kingy I was looking at the Video clip of Terry's outburst again tonight. It really is difficult to say whether he said Blind or Black. I really am not sure. However, I remember when we beat Chelsea 3/4 season's ago 2-1 at the Lane and there was that fracas at the final Whistle when Terry said something to Ledders and Ledders, Lennon and Drogba went Radio at Terry. There were rumours after the match that Terry said something racist to Ledders. I don't like Terry, in fact I detest him and his whole f*cking family. Nothing would surprise me with him.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18 2011, 13:13

i remember that. chimbonda went mad at terry.

but nuffing will come of this.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18 2011, 14:41

Uruguayan legend Gus Poyet has accused Patrice Evra of 'crying like a baby' in the face of alleged racial taunts made by Poyet's countryman Luis Suarez.
    The Brighton manager spoke out after Liverpool striker Suarez was charged by the FA with racially abusing Manchester United defender Evra during a game at Anfield last month.
    Controversial: Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra clash at Anfield last month
    But Poyet, who played for Chelsea and Tottenham, said: 'I believe Luis Suarez, it's simple. I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything because I was from South America. I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone said something to me.
    'I'm surprised, in a really sad way, that he's been charged. It's really sad. I think it's worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.
    Blast: Gus Poyet
    'I'm really sad about this charge because it's going to become too easy. I can make a complaint about any opposition manager and if I take it as far as I can he's going to get charged. Why are we going to take one person's word over another's? It's too risky.'
    Poyet did add his voice to those criticising Sepp Blatter, even though the Brighton boss did seem to be agreeing with the FIFA president's view that insults on the field should be forgotten.
    He added: 'I respect him as Fifa president but I don't listen to him when he talks about football.'

Suarez is likely to receive backing from the Uruguayan embassy in London as he fights the charge, after the FA in his own country asked ambassadors in England to get involved

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2063009/Patrice-E...

These comments are as bad as Blatters, we'll see whether theirs an outcry from the media. We'll also see what Brighton reaction is, if your a black player playing for Brighton I can't imagine they'd be too happy

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30415&posts=1#ixzz1e1S7u1Kf

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18 2011, 14:42

gus has just gone down in my estimation
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Nov 18 2011, 18:24

But is he right in a way? What proof is there for the FA to level a charge at Suarez?

Don't get me wrong here, if he's guilty then I want the book thrown at him, but only if PROVEN guilty.

If all they have to go on is Evra's word against Suarez' then, I'm sorry but that just isn't enough, no matter what Suarez' prior is, innocent until PROVEN guilty is the hallmark of any Democracy.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 18 2011, 18:28

This whole thing is just getting stupid now. What with Sepp Blabber and his stupidity and now Gus Poyet and his stupid comments. The whole point is Gus, we are supposed to be kicking racism out of football and comments like "He's crying like a baby" When a player has made an allegation of racial abuse is not helping the cause. None of us know whether Suarez said anything as we weren't there but Evra is adamant he did. The point also is Poyet doesn't know whether Suarez said anything and to that end should keep comments to himself until the enquiry is finished. You can't back someone just because he's your countryman. This whole attitude of ignore what other players are saying if they make a racial comment is not on because at the end of the day there is a campaign to kick racism out of football going on. The old days of sweeping racial comments under the carpet are over and the sooner racists inside the sport realise this the better.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 18 2011, 18:35

ionman34 wrote:But is he right in a way? What proof is there for the FA to level a charge at Suarez?

Don't get me wrong here, if he's guilty then I want the book thrown at him, but only if PROVEN guilty.

If all they have to go on is Evra's word against Suarez' then, I'm sorry but that just isn't enough, no matter what Suarez' prior is, innocent until PROVEN guilty is the hallmark of any Democracy.

I agree with all that ion but it's just the stupid comments being made in the light of this. "Crying like a baby"? So, what if Suarez did say something racial? Would he still be "Crying like a baby?" As I said none of us know and I will add if Evra is playing the race card then he needs to be punished too. I just think while there is an enquiry comments like Poyets don't help.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 18 2011, 19:12

Liverpool in light of the charge put to saurez have made a statement saying that liverpool FC stand by saurez and support him 100% , yes innocent till proven otherwise but the Only problem i see is if he is found to be guilty and there is video footage like there is video footage of the terry abuse of ferdinand then what will LFC stance be then, won't this be saying regardless of the guilty verdict do they still stand by there player and slap every black Liverpool football fan in the face ? this ins't some two footed challenge or a player caught shagging his mates wife, this is racism Hatred of another race , how does any club condone that behavior and say they stand by there player IF found guilty ? this is more or less saying racism is ok with us

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Nov 18 2011, 19:15

I think Terry did it and i think Suarez did it why make it up ? Suarez moaned like a baby when somebody said he dived all the time and calling someone a n word is worse than that. They havnt got just Evras word for it though have they as Evra said they is loads of Cameras at evry game these days and Liverpool Man Utd they would be even more so Suarez is guilty simple as the fa will have seen the tapes and made the decision. As for Terry i think he will get away with it he England Captain for gods sake he cant be done for it racism is bad enough in other countries from fans but from fellow pros its disgusting
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Nov 18 2011, 21:01

The "proof" the FA require for charging Suarez was provided by the player himself, a month after the original accusation, with his confirmation of his use of the word "Negrito" to Evra. Roughly translated (as I understand it as - my little black chum)

Suarez's position is the term is not an insult but a common and not unfriendly term used in Latin American countries.

Hmmmmmm - if Suarez had just landed then his defence would have better foundation

At best he will receive a slap on the wrist, if he is not believed a lengthy ban

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 18 2011, 22:27

They should be saying nothing until the enquiry has been conducted.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Nov 19 2011, 01:35

Too right Baz although to be fair until the FA had investigated the complaint they could not charge Suarez, or absolve him - unfortunately Ferguson and Dalglish transformed the issue into a knob measuring contest between the two of them.

What is baffling is the month it took the Uruguayan to come up with an explanation

I cannot believe that if Suarez had come out straight way with that explanation this would have all been dealt with weeks ago

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19 2011, 04:34

evra said suarz said this thing 10 times during the game
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Nov 19 2011, 05:23

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1293/42/exclusive-poyet-luis-suarez-100-not-racist

Give it rest Gus. All you are being is an apologist for racist terminology. It's not OK to use racist terms in any culture. It doesn't take six Months for players so they can adjust to stop using racist terms.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19 2011, 07:13

black people call each other black people nigers yet when we do its suddenly a bad word
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Nov 19 2011, 07:54

Lought, as possibly the forums only Black person, please allow me to try and explain the Black people calling oneanother Nigger etc.

Its about reclaiming, the word Nigger in it self only means negro negroid = Black. However the "N" word has kinda been hijacked to have a different meaning.

So, when you say "when we say do its suddenly a badword" (Suddenly?) and who and how did the word become bad?

When me and my brother meet up we may greet each other in such terms as you may hear women say to each other, alright ya ol tart or slapper.

But, when someone you dont know feels they can call you such things, then no, the context is not the same. If you on the pitch and an opposition player says it, then its real. If the agrieved player says nothing and ont complain, then the message that sends is that it is ok to carry on. It not ok. We cant have kick racism campaign out of football, when its perceived to be ok on the pitch but not on the terraces!

I'm old school, and will probably slated it for this, I have never been to a Spurs match or any Game for that matter, but have never supported any other team than Spurs for as long as I can remember.
    The reason I have never been is because in the old days, many Black fans mostly didnt go and watch football because of racism on the terraces we was all to frightend to go, this is not so much the case for todays generation, things have improved, but still have some way to go. All that lost revenue of fans not going to watch the heroes play because of the fear of racism for being singled out because they not the same colour.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Nov 19 2011, 08:12

It's the intent behind the word. That is what sets it apart from how it is perceived from a white person to a black person rather than from a black person to another black person.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Nov 19 2011, 08:27

Spot on Baz, why didnt I say that, instead of my lognwinded explanation. lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 20:44