The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
cstmrsking
vis
shearspur
BazSpur
anicoll5
9 posters

Bale on FA Charge ?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Bale on FA Charge ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bale on FA Charge ?

Post by anicoll5 Wed Mar 14 2012, 23:37

[quote="BazSpur"][b][color=darkblue]Personal abuse from who?[/color][/b][/quote]

From Ion - oversensitive on my part perhaps but I thought the recent comments regarding - "doing one" for example - were offensive - well I was offended anyway.

He and I will take a break from one another
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 14 2012, 23:43

Don't see much that is offensive in that Nic. There has been a lot more than that on here in the past. Quite tame I would say but then I don't tend to get upset at things like that. ion and myself have had much stronger words to each other in the past on here. We still get on though. But if that's the way you feel then maybe a break from ion is what you need. Lought regularly gets lambasted on here with stronger language.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Mar 14 2012, 23:55

As far as I am concerned Baz it is no big thing - I have said worse myself and it may be I took it the wrong way in which it was meant
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Mar 15 2012, 06:33

anicoll5 wrote:As far as I am concerned Baz it is no big thing - I have said worse myself and it may be I took it the wrong way in which it was meant

You did, there was no abuse there at all.

I argue with my friends and I inky RETURN abuse.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 15 2012, 07:17

Well 'inky' bear in mind I might not have wasted some many posts, and nor might your fellow Spud posters on what you regard as only a wind up

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spud !

vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 15 2012, 08:33

Hey Nic. Bale goes down far too easily in my opinion, but attack a Spur and his brothers will line-up alongside him ! As a reply to one of your earlier posts I happen to agree that Bale would be a much better player if he stayed on his feet. Do you ever see Messi dive ? But it is far too easy to pick individual players rather then all of them. As I posted earlier in this thread the FA/EPL should monitor one player from each club with a reputation for "simulation" (no need to make names public for the survey) then report back after and make recomendations to Refs, players & clubs. No sanctions to start with but it would go a long way to stopping it if the sport knew it was being watched closely . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 15 2012, 08:45

Oi vis , If you look back at your post regarding monitoring one player per club you might notice the comment that I made that it was a " great idea" and it was a point I repeated later

That is one reason why I was miffed at the suggestin that all these postings - on all our parts - were some wind up

Watching the game from the Bridge - by god the diving, clutching, squealing, rolling are top class

Welcome to the future
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Mar 15 2012, 09:04

anicoll5 wrote:Well 'inky' bear in mind I might not have wasted some many posts, and nor might your fellow Spud posters on what you regard as only a wind up

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spud !

Bloody predictive text, should have been only.

You're still trying that one on Nic, so be it. EVERYONE regarded it as a wind up, even those who answered with counterargument, which you promptly ignored.

That's the teller mate, you weren't interested in 'engaging' in debate, otherwise you'd have treated the counterarguments with the respect you seem to expect me to extend to yours.

So, again, don't kid a kidder. Your style has been displayed over too many years for me to miss it.

You want me to debate seriously with you on this subject? Then first answer me these, no prevarication, no dodging the questions or the 'meat' of the subject;

When Bobby Pires held the mantle of 'biggest diving cheat in the Prem' where was your subsequent condemnation? Where was your outrage and your calls for an FA investigation? Painful as it was, him being one of your own team, surely it was for the good of the game?
    When 'Man who sucks Lemons' was consistently claiming he never saw an 'eenceedent', and never took his players to task for their cheating or poor disciplinary record, where was your condemnation of him or them? Was it hidden in the hyperbole extolling the virtues of 'Le Professor,' whilst ignoring his blatant disregard for the fair play that you have stated we fans desperately want to see returned to our game?

Give me, give US a satisfactory response to these questions and, mate, I will happily discuss the 'alleged' histrionics of Gareth Bale and my interpretation of his comments.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Mar 15 2012, 09:06

anicoll5 wrote:Oi vis , If you look back at your post regarding monitoring one player per club you might notice the comment that I made that it was a " great idea" and it was a point I repeated later

That is one reason why I was miffed at the suggestin that all these postings - on all our parts - were some wind up

Watching the game from the Bridge - by god the diving, clutching, squealing, rolling are top class

Welcome to the future

'Miffed at the suggestin?'

Just you wait 'Enry 'Iggins, just you wait!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:12

Whilst on the subject I can not let it pass without comment.

Drogba getting an arm on the shoulder, going down holding his face and then being caught by the camera looking up to make sure the opposition player had be booked or sent off, then a cursory remark from Clyde Tysley about it after over 90 minutes of him fawning over everything Chelsea,I mean, fantastic penalty by Lampard, hit it as hard as you can and hope more like.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:15

I am amazed tat you know what "everyone" thought Ion - not just a master of predictive text but an ability to read minds ??

Dealing with the points you raise;

Why did I not decry cheating at AFC ?

I have never felt comfortable with cheating but, like most football fans, I hid behind the "well everyone else does it" excuse. Like most fans therefore I turned a blind eye.

In the past couple of years the incidence of cheating, of diving, going down with the merest touch, feigning injury, of pleading with referees
    to have an opponent sent of or booked, systematc tme wasting has, in my opinion, risen to epidemic proportions.

Where in a weekend five seasons ago one PL game might be influenced by dishonesty over this season it is almost every game with a cheated penalty, a player sent off because the opponent lies clutching their face when they have never been touched.

That change of attitude and behaviour is , in my opinion, wrecking the game. Titles and trophies are being decided on the basis of who is more theatrically adept and convincing. Referees, the poor b*stards, are confronted by ever more elaborate schemes to confuse them. And when they do make a mistake the meeja crucifies them, never the cheating player.

Now you, and many others, may want to stick with the "well everyone else does it" but I do not. If it goes on there will be no game left.

It seems to me that the technology is available to identify the more blatant of cheats, to monitor them and IF there is an obvious pattern of deliberate dishonesty punish them.

It seems to me that over recent weeks Bale would certainly be one of the players under scrutiny. I think any disagreement you might have with that is on tribal rather than evidential grounds. He is "at it" too often for such a good player.

As for the comments he made about getting opponents sent off there is no context in which that is acceptable. None at all.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:44

As for the comments he made about getting opponents sent off there is no context in which that is acceptable. None at all.

Perhaps an ill advised comment Nic, but I do think it is directed at the players that seem intent on injuring him and no matter what Charlie Adams says when playing for Blackpool, his deliberate stamp on Bales foot put him out of the game for weeks.
    Then theres Simon Cox of Brom chasing Bale in full flow and bringing him down from behind and then laughing in his face, your right, there is so much wrong with football today and most of it caused by the pressure that money has brought.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:53

Dave, I do not have any problem whatsoever in players who are bragging about the damage they have caused or players who a referee has missed committing a violent foul being hammered by the FA later on.

What would make it a damn sight easier for the referee in the game however was to be reasonably sure when a player does hit the deck that he really has been fouled.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:31

anicoll5 wrote:Dave, I do not have any problem whatsoever in players who are bragging about the damage they have caused or players who a referee has missed committing a violent foul being hammered by the FA later on.

What would make it a damn sight easier for the referee in the game however was to be reasonably sure when a player does hit the deck that he really has been fouled.

So like Vis has suggested, monitor the cloggers too, cos Adams and many like him got away with murder on the tackle.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:45

it wont happen, we cant even get goal line technology agreed yet. diving and the divers will continue for the foreseeable future with the odd booking, sending off, fine etc. and i dont think arsenal will be bottom of the league in that list. will be watching them closely, hope the refs are.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:45

To be fair Dave it does get monitored otherwise Baliotelli would have not got a ban for stamping on Parker

Can't see it is not monitored more though and why a club cannot draw a referee's attention to an incident post game

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 15 2012, 23:10

Yes, but the travesty of the Ballotelli incident Nic, is that he should have been sent off. He shouldn't have been on the pitch to take the penalty that sealed our loss that night. He got banned, big deal how does that help us when him still being on the pitch cost us that game? If he isn't there the Ledley King tackle wouldn't have happened. If anything has upset our form since, it was that game.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 15 2012, 23:20

No problem with that complaint Baz - you might recall Ade did exactly the same to RvP two seasons earlier at Eastlands but got off on the day, went on to score, then picked up a four game ban after the FA looked at it again

However you can only punish a player if the offence is missed by a referee in subsequent games - no way round it unless you are going to replay the game etc

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 15 2012, 23:26

Agreed Nic but it is f*cking galling.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 16 2012, 00:28

anicoll5 wrote:I am amazed tat you know what "everyone" thought Ion - not just a master of predictive text but an ability to read minds ??

More a case of knowing how people think after having associated with them, and talking predominantlyabout Football, with them.

Be that as it may, I'll answer your points below as you've done me the courtesy of responding with a good post.

Dealing with the points you raise;

Why did I not decry cheating at AFC ?

I have never felt comfortable with cheating but, like most football fans, I hid behind the "well everyone else does it" excuse. Like most fans therefore I turned a blind eye.

Fair play to you for that.

I too have never countenanced cheating in any form. Football, for me, has always been defined by the emotions it engenders in those who watch it. The joy and despair, and every other emotion in between, caused by the way the team plays the game.
    I've experienced disgust at the way players have played, for Spurs, if they haven't, as Bill Nic said it, 'left it all out there on the pitch,' but never felt disgust at cheating until Zokora took that dive. Hell, even Klinnsman, renowned for that aspect of his game, never resorted to it when wearing Lillywhite. He realised the expectation at Spurs that we expect to beat teams because we were the better side, not because we could kid the referee better than the opposition.
    Fair play to Zokora, he never did it again, once was more than enough and he got the message.

In the past couple of years the incidence of cheating, of diving, going down with the merest touch, feigning injury, of pleading with referees
    to have an opponent sent of or booked, systematc tme wasting has, in my opinion, risen to epidemic proportions.

I agree and it both saddens and infuriates me. The procrastination of FIFA and the FA has me baffled.

Where in a weekend five seasons ago one PL game might be influenced by dishonesty over this season it is almost every game with a cheated penalty, a player sent off because the opponent lies clutching their face when they have never been touched.

I know and it cheats the fans of what they love. I've been a great advocate, along with loughton,that this 'evens itself out over the season,belief is total bollox, so many end up furious because they have been robbed of an even contest. Voices have been raised for years on this to no avail, so is it any wonder that others resort to it in the belief that it evens the playing field?

That change of attitude and behaviour is , in my opinion, wrecking the game. Titles and trophies are being decided on the basis of who is more theatrically adept and convincing. Referees, the poor b*stards, are confronted by ever more elaborate schemes to confuse them. And when they do make a mistake the meeja crucifies them, never the cheating player.

And it all falls back on FIFA, the FA and their baffling procrastination. Their rule changes have created an environment that cheats can flourish in. In their attempt to create a showplace for skillful players, they have created a theatre for the Shakespearean set.

Now you, and many others, may want to stick with the "well everyone else does it" but I do not. If it goes on there will be no game left.

Look back through the post Nic, I've never stated my stance ever. I took exception to you singling out Bale after having never once taken a single goon cheat to task and never oncecondemning your manager for his conduct or evident acceptance of blatant cheating from his own team.

You waited an awful long time to finally voice your outrage, funny how it happens to coincide with Bale gaining a reputation more than a few of yours, past and present, have 'enjoyed.'

It seems to me that the technology is available to identify the more blatant of cheats, to monitor them and IF there is an obvious pattern of deliberate dishonesty punish them.

Agreed, the sooner it is introduced the better. Many believe it will slow the game down, I believe it will speed it up, once players realise that all they'll get for a dive is a card. Pretty soon they'll get the message and play on and the game can be decided by how well they play Football.

It seems to me that over recent weeks Bale would certainly be one of the players under scrutiny. I think any disagreement you might have with that is on tribal rather than evidential grounds. He is "at it" too often for such a good player.

I wholeheartedly agree. He does hit the deck too easily. I have never defended him for it and never will, two wrongs don't make a right. I also believe that FIFA should do away with the ruling that you can't get a retrospective red card if a yellow has been shown.
    What this monitoring should also cover is the 'special treatment these players receive. If they believe they have that kind of protection too, they'll have less reason to 'acrobatically avoid' the cloggers.

Of course there is, if he is, as he was, referring to him drawing a foul. Whether he was looking for the foul or not, it is still a foul and is not cheating. If he hits the deck after minimal, or no, contact then he that is cheating. Bale does this and it infuriates me. If the guy hasn't brought him down then he has beaten him in virtually every case.

You've interpreted it one way, I another. Both based on our personal biases so the truth is, probably, somewhere in between.

The fact is that Bale should really have kept his mouth firmly shut as it has really given every clogger out there a free shot effectively.

Sorry about not differenciating what I've written, I'm on a tablet and it won't let me highlight & colour my text. You'll have to muddle through it..................

Might help your concentration though hey?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 16 2012, 00:40

[i]"You waited an awful long time to finally voice your outrage, funny how it happens to coincide with Bale gaining a reputation more than a few of yours, past and present, have 'enjoyed.'"
    [/i]

I did and my lack of prompt condemnation does me no credit, if you look back through the thread you will see the names of the Gooner guilty. As for Bale provoking me to bring up the thread as I said earlier he is among the worst - at the moment- in the PL and his comments about opponents, as I interpreted them, pulled the trigger.

As for the rest of the post I see we agree on everything lol

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 16 2012, 01:49

anicoll5 wrote:"You waited an awful long time to finally voice your outrage, funny how it happens to coincide with Bale gaining a reputation more than a few of yours, past and present, have 'enjoyed.'"

I did and my lack of prompt condemnation does me no credit, if you look back through the thread you will see the names of the Gooner guilty. As for Bale provoking me to bring up the thread as I said earlier he is among the worst - at the moment- in the PL and his comments about opponents, as I interpreted them, pulled the trigger.

As for the rest of the post I see we agree on everything lol

In all honesty, I think this more vocal condemnation is gathering momentum, but FIFA will not really react until the fans start voting with their feet. Reduced crowds and reduced revenue for SKY will kick them out of their apparent torpor.

Until then, all they will see is acceptance.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Mar 16 2012, 04:03

Hey nic, see your horse finished 4th. In the four o clock at cheltenham today. Hope you were on it each way.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 16 2012, 04:09

Cheeky bugger Suspect
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Mar 16 2012, 04:42

Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 22:41