The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
Boltjean
cstmrsking
6 posters

harry

harry  Empty harry

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 04:57

Redknapp warns Spurs over lack of new contract
    ESPN staff

Tottenham that they would not allow any of their best players to enter into the final year of their contract, so he expects to be treated the same at White Hart Lane.

Redknapp has little more than a year to run on his current deal, leading to speculation that chairman Daniel Levy is looking to the future. Everton boss David Moyes and Wigan manager Roberto Martinez have both been linked with the Tottenham post.

"I don't think things could have gone better since I've been here," Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "We've finished fourth twice, fifth once, we've had a quarter-final of the Champions League. We've played fantastic football and I enjoy being at Tottenham.

"It's not a case of me looking for security. What it's about is players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract. It doesn't work.

"You don't let players get down to the final year if they're any good and you don't let managers get to their final year if they're any good.

"If Daniel doesn't think I'm worth it, that's up to him."

Reports in some of the national newspapers claim Spurs are currently a troubled ship, something with which Redknapp strongly disagrees. Clearly he still has a strong relationship with Levy, but stories will continue to be written while his position is left precarious.

"I've never had a problem with Daniel Levy, I've never had a minute's problem," Redknapp said. "The situation is I have a year on my contract and Tottenham have to decide if they want to extend that contract. If they don't, I go into my last year, which isn't an easy one when it comes to getting players in [while only having a year left].

"If Daniel thinks I'm the man to take the club forward, he'll extend the contract. If he doesn't, he won't. It's up to Tottenham."

Another report has linked Redknapp with a lucrative move to Qatar, something he strongly denied. "I don't speak to anybody else. I remember somebody saying something about Qatar - I've never been to Qatar in my life! I love it at Tottenham, but it's up to the chairman.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=32734&posts=13#ixzz1wwKyjuSr

harry  Empty Re: harry

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 04:58

I really hope he goes.

Now all the England stuff has gone he's begging to stay, w*nker!
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Jun 06 2012, 05:04

It does appear that way, that he wants contract with us. Funny, when we wanted him to give us an answer about his intentions over the England Job, the Liverpool Job, The Chelsea Job, The Qatar Job he knows nothing about.He not forth coming.

I would like to to see Harry come out and pledge his future to the club.The fans should be left with a sense that he only with us til a better offer comes along.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Jun 06 2012, 05:32

It does come across as though he is just using us. I love it at Tottenham?, he should have said that back in Febuary then perhaps we would have clinched third place. In all honesty I would like to see him go now and get in someone who gives his heart and soul to the club, trouble is I do not know if there is someone else out there that could do a better job than Harry, and whether we would be taking a backward step especially if certain players use Harrys departure as an excuse for them to also leave.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 06:17

pardrew came out in feb and said he didnt want england job and happy where he is

our manager says diff
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jun 06 2012, 07:23

that was a bit different lought, everyone and his dog thought harry had got it, pardew had no chance and he knew it so played his cards right and pledged his alligence to newcastle.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:21

but harry had no chance
    we should all of nown it
    theres no way the fa going to pay out all that copensation for harry
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:56

i think the fa humiliated him tbo, why didnt they tell him privately that all the hype was Bollox and we might have avoided our car crash end of season as well.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jun 06 2012, 09:17

Harry Redknapp, 23rd March
    Absolute nonsense. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard in my life. They don't care whether I'm the manager next year. They wouldn't lose any sleep over that. That's football.

Footballers play the game, they come in every day and train. Someone else walks in here tomorrow – the king is dead long live the king! They don't worry. They don't think 'Harry is going to England' or 'he is going to go somewhere else'.

4th June Daniel Levy's mother passes away .

Harry Redknapp, 5th June
    If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, its not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left

It's nothing to do with security, its about players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract, and knowing that, it doesn't work basically, you know, 'he might not be here next season'

PAul Strettford Rooney's agent is handling Redknapp's contract negotiations with Spurs ....

I think he has to go .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 11:08

This story is doing the rounds.

He is Rooney's agent ... responsible for milking a lucrative deal out of Manchester United after advising Rooney to put in a transfer request to hold them to ransom.

He has 'apparently' been hired by Redknapp to act on his behalf & work towards negotiating with Spurs Chairman on ££££££££'s to go under his matress...........cough ...sorry I meant a new contract to enable him to take Spurs forward.

I wouldnt normally give credence to the odd rumor but .... its popping up in a fair few places

Redknapp hires Rooney's super-agent as Spurs contract talks stall
    Sky Sports | Football : Harry: Sort my future
    Harry Redknapp recruits Wayne Rooney's agent Paul Stretford | Mail Online
    Premier League - Van der Vaart: Harry must stay at Spurs - Yahoo! Eurosport

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 06 2012, 18:46

I hate all this Bollox. I stand back and look at what's going on and I just get the feeling Redknapp is f*cking us over. He is playing with us. We weren't good enough when it looked like he might get the England job but now he's bleating that Spurs aren't being fair. From my point of view I am getting tired of his bleating. He should have signed the extension when Levy offered it to him. He is f*cking our club up at the moment and that was something a lot of Spurs fans warned about when he was first named manager.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jun 06 2012, 19:51

What sort of person comes out and says that about his current employers , especially to sky sports news , only arry the gobb shite redknapp can , this bloke is taking the P*ss simple as , and he has the audacity to moan , when it was he who did the same to us, good for levy, play him at his own game , make him dig himself a big deep hole , then touch wood he will f*cking berry himself

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content