The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
djfitzo
totalytot
anicoll5
LOBO
shearspur
BazSpur
10 posters

Thank You And Goodbye.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank You And Goodbye.

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 06:42

So if Levy " tested" his loyalty then what were the discussions about this week ?

Did Levy somehow think that Arry would not see out a three year contract i.e. the same contract that was offered to him in February IN SPITE of the fact that Arry was about to be offered the England job ?

Good to see the fans baffled by Levy's erratic efforts but still 100% behind him

He's a Spurs fan after all

Used to stand on the Shelf he says

lol!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 15 2012, 06:52

The discussions this week Nic were all about Redknapp's a*rsehole expanding because he knew he has shot his bolt and tested the goodwill of all involved at Spurs, club & fan base, and wanted to try and wriggle his way out of the sticky situation he had created with his slavish attention to the Ing-Ger-Land job he never got but thought he would so he p*ssed on a 3 year contract because of that.
    I had issues with Redknapp but was prepared to see him continue in post but in the end he sh*t in his own nest and can only blame himself for that. £9M wage packet over 3 years yet gambled it against the Ing-Ger-Land job? Took his eye off the job he was being paid to do for that gamble? Serves him fekin right . . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 07:33

The pity is Vis, probably for even me, you and I will never know what the discussions were about this week

Arry will be paid off to keep hush - and as ever Levy will not say a word

That is why I was pondering the question as to why what was public knowledge, the three year contract offer, the option for Arry to stay I post til next May , resulted in the sack for Arry

The notion that the three year contract offer was a cunning trap to test Arry's loyalty is hilarious tbh

If he was " loyal" he would be at Pompey - or Saints - umm
    Or Pompey
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 15 2012, 07:43

LOL Nic, he's already sounding off to the press, bigging himself up and looking for the next opening. Fair play to him but it does kinda say all you need to know about Redknapp the individual Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 940866 Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 24840 . . . . . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18441894
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 07:49

Watched Arry on the box tonight in the car window and he was right up for the next job Vis

And you know the score doncha ?

Some PL club will be up shite creek sans paddle in October

On the other hand he might just sit on his a*se and take the compo

The King was in his counting house Smile

vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 15 2012, 07:59

LOL Nic.
    I have to say I thought his tactic of using the press to plead his sorry case when Levy's mother had just died was most distastefull. But once a wheeler, aleways a dealer eh? Anyways how the hell will he apply for a new job when he is mostly illiterate? Use his ghost writter from the Sun I suppose? This is a character who will never be down on his luck for long and knowing his history (Saints/Pompey) it wouldn't surprise me if he plots up in the Islington area sometime around late October . . . ..
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 09:08

Oh I love what has no doubt will be the latest Spuds myth

How poor Daniel Levy was sobbing over the coffin of his poor dead Mum and Arry kept calling him demanding a three year contract every five minutes

Yeah right

Or is it another convenient effort from genius of a chairman ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 15 2012, 10:11

Oh dear. Not nice Nic is it. Mocking the dead.?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jun 15 2012, 14:54

anicoll5 wrote:I still don't understand why, given where we are today with Arry sacked, he was offered a three year contract in February after Fabio resigned ?

If Levy thought he was worth another three years then, and as far as both sides are saying was content to allow him to spend another season at WHL in charge while his contract ran out, what changed in the interim ?

So what is the story ? Did a run of poor results sink him - albeit he finished a decent fourth ? Was the Feb job offer a real one or just a dodge to screw the FA for compo ? Would he still be in he job if had said "OK Daniel, I'll take the 12 months"

All this "he brought it on himself" seems to be missing the point.

Not really. From what I am hearing, HR recruited Stretford as his agent and sat down with DL to discuss the terms of his renewed contract. DL offered the rolling contract, Stretford DEMANDED a 4 year contract making HR the highest paid manager in the Prem.

After Redknapps previous shenanigans, I can understand DL being concerned about his commitment to the cause. HR & Stretford were acting like we had won the league and, allegedly, HR would not entertain buying into DL's vision of sustainability. I guess he didn't like to think that someone else may get the kudos of winning trophies years from now off the back of what he started. Redknapps thirst for personal glory didn't allow for the building of a dynasty, at 65 he wasn't going to reap too many of the plaudits.

It's a bigger that we are unable to maintain the continuity but, IMO, matters would have deteriorated further had HR remained.

Redknapp DID bring this upon himself. Take the league results out of the conversation, and analyse his conduct over the past 2-3 seasons, compared to his peers, and it is hard to find too much fault with the board. They offered him the opportunity to make amends and, instead, he made utterly ridiculous demands.

So much for age bringing wisdom, mind you, his parachutewasn't exactly threadbare was it.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 19:17

Demanded a 4 year contract Demanded to be the highest paid manager in the PL ?

Really ? Where did you hear that from ?

Sound nonsense to me - there was is and probably never ever will be a question of a Spud manager being the highest paid in the PL

Arry may not be the sharpest tool in the kit but I think he knew that and knows that - ditto Stretford

As for the " four year" suggestion as I say it sounds bizarre
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 15 2012, 20:06

Almost as bizarre as the Arsenal board keeping faith with a manager that has not won anything for 7 years.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jun 15 2012, 20:30

Poor old clive allens copped it as wells all harry lot. f*ck all to do with him, he was there before harry arrived. Done nothing wrong has he?.get a grip levy
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 20:36

djfitzo wrote:Almost as bizarre as the Arsenal board keeping faith with a manager that has not won anything for 7 years.

1996 to 2012 at WHL Francis, Hughton, Gross, Pleat, Graham, Pleat, Hoddle, Pleat, Santini, Jol, Allen, Ramos, Allen, Redknapp and now ....... AN Other

And at AFC Arsene Wenger

Yeah Dave

Bizarre

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 20:37

shearspur wrote:Poor old clive allens copped it as wells all harry lot. f*ck all to do with him, he was there before harry arrived. Done nothing wrong has he?.get a grip levy

I am sure Clive received a golden handshake
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 15 2012, 21:01

anicoll5 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Almost as bizarre as the Arsenal board keeping faith with a manager that has not won anything for 7 years.

1996 to 2012 at WHL Francis, Hughton, Gross, Pleat, Graham, Pleat, Hoddle, Pleat, Santini, Jol, Allen, Ramos, Allen, Redknapp and now ....... AN Other

And at AFC Arsene Wenger

Yeah Dave

Bizarre

Twisty snake, no silverware for 7 years, any other manager would have gone by now, whats your board scared of, what secrets does Arsene hold over them?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 15 2012, 21:27

Even the facebook goons on many pages were calling for him to go last season pmsl. As you say Dave twisty snake indeed.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 21:37

He is a twisty snake who has not only the ability to manage a football team but to manage the expectations of his employers and fans.

Admittedly there are idiots at every club and no doubt they will clamber out from their holes when AFC hit a patch of poor form but Arsene enjoys a long line of credit in the bank of goodwill
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 15 2012, 21:48

He's doing well. 7 Season's and no trophy. That is disgusting for a so called elite team. With City about now and Chelsea strengthening I can only see it getting longer. You'll be dreaming about the good old days when you were kings soon. Ah, those heady days of Gorgeous George and snatching the league at Liverpool. Must seem like distant memories now hey? Oh well, sh*t happens.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 15 2012, 21:51

anicoll5 wrote:He is a twisty snake who has not only the ability to manage a football team but to manage the expectations of his employers and fans.

Admittedly there are idiots at every club and no doubt they will clamber out from their holes when AFC hit a patch of poor form but Arsene enjoys a long line of credit in the bank of goodwill

So what are those expectations now Nic?

Compared to the good old days of the invicibles and winning titles, just to be in the Champs League every year without winning it?

Why has the board got this blind loyalty, you can only dine on past glories for so long, well most managers anyway.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 21:54

Very true Baz - it is dreadful not winning a trophy for seven seasons - I cannot bear it - I will die for the want of silverware

Much more of this and I will be off to the Bridge I can tell you ....or maybe Citeh .......... or better still Barcelona .............I will have to think carefully Question

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 22:02

My expectations are the same as every season Dave, that the first team go out and play good football and I expect us to be in with a challenge for trophies. I demand to be entertained, to be exhilarated, to watch good quality football. I support the team and support the club and will do so for the remainder of my days ( quite a long time I hope).

If we are beaten to those trophies by a better side or sides, as has been the case recently, then fair enough.

I want to see Arsenal players conduct themselves properly on and off the pitch. I want to see the manager and his staff and the board behave in a way that upholds the fine traditions of the club in thought and deed.

I think that will do for now. Smile

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 15 2012, 22:16

anicoll5 wrote:Very true Baz - it is dreadful not winning a trophy for seven seasons - I cannot bear it - I will die for the want of silverware

Much more of this and I will be off to the Bridge I can tell you ....or maybe Citeh .......... or better still Barcelona .............I will have to think carefully Question

Might as well stay where you are Nic. The scumerates is full of plastics these days anyway. I suppose one must ask the question, for how much longer though? We all know The Plastics of this World love their regular fix of trophies. Will there be a plastic exodus if Arsenal don't win a trophy next season? All those empty red seats eh? Still they could always cover them with black bin bags. That seems to work. Thank You And Goodbye. - Page 2 348204
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 15 2012, 22:25

I would be delighted if there were empty spaces at the Emirates Baz - it would remind the club that fans are not just a wallet to be endlessly milked. I would like nothing better to be able to get up on a Saturday morning and think;

" Will I go to the game today ? ......... I think I will "

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jun 15 2012, 23:09

anicoll5 wrote: I want to see the manager and his staff and the board behave in a way that upholds the fine traditions of the club in thought and deed.

I think that will do for now. Smile

I cut the rest of your post Nic, couldn't stand the humming in the background.

As for the bit in bold, I'm sure the conduct of 'Man who sucks Lemons' over the years has DEFINITELY upheld the standards for which your club is renowned.

<snigger>

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15 2012, 23:21

arsenal do play fair until they are losen then watch them dive and cheat and try get players sent off

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 08:03