The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
seebee1944
MarkA249
LOVELOVEROCKET
BazSpur
Maximus
vis
ArnieArdiles
11 posters

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 Empty Re: Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Post by Boltjean Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:01

OK Lew mate. Bill Nicholson, the greatest manager this club has ever had. Next one for me, Keith Burkinshaw. Well that's credits for two past managers. Now waiting for enthusiastic praise from you Lew for the new order. You did promise mate, just got a feeling I might have to wait a while, Lol. I will just pop off for a Horlicks.

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 2 Empty Re: Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:20

meanwhile a manager thats been in hes job for 16 years and brought loads of players is 10th. also should of lost to everton yet avb and spurs are 4th with all the players we have out
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:37

What Len said lol. Spot on Lought.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:38

Mark, you can not just get rid of a manager after a season. You honestly believe that a manager should be sacked after one season if he does not deliver?. If that's what you want mate, that's up to you, but if we fail for say the next 10 seasons do you belive we should change the manager at the end of each season we failed to win a trophy, would you have got rid of Bill Nicholson when he failed in any of the seasons he did not win silver wear?. Stability brings success Mark, not throwing a manager to the Lions after one season because he failed to deliver a trophy. As for Bale, as we know we have no control over whether a player stays or goes, neither does AVB, that is down to Levy. He messed up when we lost Berbatov, he held out in his bid to hang onto Modric, but in the end he had to let him go, he did not want to be at Spurs Champions League or no Champions League. Players want to go where the money is Mark and we can't pay the kind of money Real Madrid pay, or even United, it's all down to greed. If Bale want's to go he will go, I hate the thought of that happening, but if Levy say's no, will we have another player who sulks on the bench because he want's out?. I am not always a positive person, but I can just see good things happening at this club with AVB, if not this season, in the future. You are a young man Mark, time is on your side to see the glory days back at the club, me?, time is not on my side, getting old, but I am still prepared to be patient and give AVB time, I have faith in him, but more important I know that getting shot of him at the end of the season should he fail means next season starting all over again and I do not want that.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:44

Talking of Bale, as I am fond of saying. Players come and players go. We've lost great players before and we have survived. We always will. Hoddle, Greaves, Berbatov, Gazza, Modric. the list goes on and on.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:25

am i the only one that would be sad if bale goes. i rather he went then sandro.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Dec 02 2012, 10:08

Boltjean wrote:Mark, you can not just get rid of a manager after a season. You honestly believe that a manager should be sacked after one season if he does not deliver?. If that's what you want mate, that's up to you, but if we fail for say the next 10 seasons do you belive we should change the manager at the end of each season we failed to win a trophy, would you have got rid of Bill Nicholson when he failed in any of the seasons he did not win silver wear?. Stability brings success Mark, not throwing a manager to the Lions after one season because he failed to deliver a trophy. As for Bale, as we know we have no control over whether a player stays or goes, neither does AVB, that is down to Levy. He messed up when we lost Berbatov, he held out in his bid to hang onto Modric, but in the end he had to let him go, he did not want to be at Spurs Champions League or no Champions League. Players want to go where the money is Mark and we can't pay the kind of money Real Madrid pay, or even United, it's all down to greed. If Bale want's to go he will go, I hate the thought of that happening, but if Levy say's no, will we have another player who sulks on the bench because he want's out?. I am not always a positive person, but I can just see good things happening at this club with AVB, if not this season, in the future. You are a young man Mark, time is on your side to see the glory days back at the club, me?, time is not on my side, getting old, but I am still prepared to be patient and give AVB time, I have faith in him, but more important I know that getting shot of him at the end of the season should he fail means next season starting all over again and I do not want that.

Luvvly Spurs post from a Spurs fan Len. Not that I'm knocking Mark for his view. I don't throw 'em around like confetti but that deserves a Rep . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 12:04

so avb leaves chelsea higher in the league then when rdm was in charge then rdm gets sacked because chelsea cant win a game and now benitez is in charge and its still 6 games with no win for them yet avb is doing wonders for us.

imagine where we would be if we never let in so many goals in the last 10 mins.
    looks like avb doubters need to eat some pie
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Dec 02 2012, 20:04

Boltjean wrote:Mark, you can not just get rid of a manager after a season. You honestly believe that a manager should be sacked after one season if he does not deliver?. If that's what you want mate, that's up to you, but if we fail for say the next 10 seasons do you belive we should change the manager at the end of each season we failed to win a trophy, would you have got rid of Bill Nicholson when he failed in any of the seasons he did not win silver wear?. Stability brings success Mark, not throwing a manager to the Lions after one season because he failed to deliver a trophy. As for Bale, as we know we have no control over whether a player stays or goes, neither does AVB, that is down to Levy. He messed up when we lost Berbatov, he held out in his bid to hang onto Modric, but in the end he had to let him go, he did not want to be at Spurs Champions League or no Champions League. Players want to go where the money is Mark and we can't pay the kind of money Real Madrid pay, or even United, it's all down to greed. If Bale want's to go he will go, I hate the thought of that happening, but if Levy say's no, will we have another player who sulks on the bench because he want's out?. I am not always a positive person, but I can just see good things happening at this club with AVB, if not this season, in the future. You are a young man Mark, time is on your side to see the glory days back at the club, me?, time is not on my side, getting old, but I am still prepared to be patient and give AVB time, I have faith in him, but more important I know that getting shot of him at the end of the season should he fail means next season starting all over again and I do not want that.

Thanks Len a very good read that but i ve read what i put before and i didnt put it across of what i meant. What i meant is ill give him a full season to get my backing for the whoo hoo im behind Spurs 100% and AVB but will he produce the goods im not sure and below top 6 is not a whoo hoo for me. We lost three in a row and yes i was furious especially home V Wigan and said things i regret People on here said u cant judge after 9 games or whatever no u cant i reliase that now but the same can be said the other way we won 3 on the bounce now am i going to eat humble pie no its only 13 games gone.

As for Lought saying we doing better without VDV and Modric You called VDV till the cows come home and Dembele will be better than Modric and we are joint 3rd remember last season we was 10 points in front of scum and in 3rd and we fell apart dont count your chickens too soon we r TOTTENHAM lol! and anything can happen COYS
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Dec 02 2012, 20:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:so avb leaves chelsea higher in the league then when rdm was in charge then rdm gets sacked because chelsea cant win a game and now benitez is in charge and its still 6 games with no win for them yet avb is doing wonders for us.

imagine where we would be if we never let in so many goals in the last 10 mins.
    looks like avb doubters need to eat some pie

Why do we need to eat pie? we had a manager who got us in to the champions league and came 4th twice and 5th But u seem to forget what he did for us and now u think AVB is the messaih after 13 games. The champions league was awsome the game at WHL v Inter was the best game of my life so far

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 02:01

Boltjean wrote:OK Lew mate. Bill Nicholson, the greatest manager this club has ever had. Next one for me, Keith Burkinshaw. Well that's credits for two past managers. Now waiting for enthusiastic praise from you Lew for the new order. You did promise mate, just got a feeling I might have to wait a while, Lol. I will just pop off for a Horlicks.

....and i am still waiting for any praise for harry len, yes from you ! because the venom i read on here about a bloke who did so much for tottenham , the media twaddle, and the england crap, is soon made more important than what he actually gave a lot of you blokes, memeories are short.
    Spout bill nic and burkinshaw, but that isnt what i meant, and you know it.
    Avb will get my woohoo, when he gets anywhere near harry did for us in the league, and until he does that, i still regard it as a backward step, and a needless backward step, justified by a lot on here by things that happened off the pitch.
    Hope your horlicks didnt get cold, i was out last night so couldnt reply, i dont have an iphone yet......lol

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 02:13

You talk about stability len, dont you know that we had all that.
    Does 4th 5th 4th mean nothing to you, is that not stability ? bearing in mind the limits of a club like tottenham that you quite rightly point out. (moneywise)
    But you know what the worst thing is len, ? you blokes justifying the acts of a chairman who is on his own mission, the breaking of that continuity because of his own pig headedness.
    We wouldnt have all this uncertainty,this new order hope if it wasnt for levy putting us all through it again.
    All great stuff on here though, makes the board colourful.
    Avb will get my vote if he matches what harry did, until then i view it as levy putting the club in an unnecessary position of having to start all over again.
    ........and of course, as you said, we do need stability, maybe avb will stabilise us again, and then do something that levy disagrees with, the upheaval starts all over again.
    Been a fan for years len, as you have , seen it all happen before, and its wont be the last time.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 03 2012, 02:35

But you know what the worst thing is len, ? you blokes justifying the acts of a chairman who is on his own mission, the breaking of that continuity because of his own pig headedness.
    We wouldnt have all this uncertainty,this new order hope if it wasnt for levy putting us all through it again.

Leave off Lew, we would have had continuity had Harry accepted Levys offer in February, but no, he thought he was getting the England job and don't give me that crap about denying Harry a swan song, Spurs should have been that, I don't give a flying f*ck about England, just Spurs. Many on here have not forgotten what Harry achieved at Spurs, albeit with a squad he largely inherited, but some didn't seem to want to give AVB a chance based on what happened at Cheatski, where many more experienced managers were outed by Terry,Cole and Lumplard. You can't blame Levy for chucking away a 13 point lead over Arsenal and freezing out players like Pav, but Harry didn't have any faults did he?

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Dec 03 2012, 02:40

Thing is though Lew AVB needs time to match Harry but the media and some supporters don't seem prepared to grant it. Do you honestly believe Harry would have done better so far this season with the heart ripped out of his midfield?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Dec 03 2012, 03:42

Mr Plums. wrote:
    Boltjean wrote:OK Lew mate. Bill Nicholson, the greatest manager this club has ever had. Next one for me, Keith Burkinshaw. Well that's credits for two past managers. Now waiting for enthusiastic praise from you Lew for the new order. You did promise mate, just got a feeling I might have to wait a while, Lol. I will just pop off for a Horlicks.

....and i am still waiting for any praise for harry len, yes from you ! because the venom i read on here about a bloke who did so much for tottenham , the media twaddle, and the england crap, is soon made more important than what he actually gave a lot of you blokes, memeories are short.
    Spout bill nic and burkinshaw, but that isnt what i meant, and you know it.
    Avb will get my woohoo, when he gets anywhere near harry did for us in the league, and until he does that, i still regard it as a backward step, and a needless backward step, justified by a lot on here by things that happened off the pitch.
    Hope your horlicks didnt get cold, i was out last night so couldnt reply, i dont have an iphone yet......lol

What Redknapp done for OUR club Lew? Yup he managed to throw away a 13 point lead because his greedy, egotistical head was turned. After OUR club stood behind him in his tax evasion case OUR fans then chanted for him to stay in the Bar-Codes game. The team, OUR team, responded to him with a 5 goal demolition and all he could do was cosy up to the FA like a cheap floozy. Then he tried to hold OUR club to ransom over a new improved contract. I'm not even going to go into depth about his belittling of OUR fans intelligence when some dared to question his tactical acumen.
    What he achieved on the pitch with the players he had was superb. Triffic even, and he was manager for some of our most wonderful footballing moments but the "meeja whore" side of Redknapp was distasteful to OUR club and his eventual treatment of OUR club was even worse . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 03:51

this is getting boring. he didnt want to be our manager anymore. he was hardly around the training ground.
    the season we kept us up. 6points from 12 games.
    mr bean could of kept us up that season.

the last 2 seasons harry was with us he went on 2 really long bad runs. the champions league run was good but it came at the cost of our poor league form.

im convince avb if given time will be better then harry and thats with a weaker sqaud.

i hated it when we got harry i even said on here that now we got him crouch will be here next and he was.

now qpr have got harry they are being linked with beckham lampard and the infamous joe cole lol for the hundred time.
    remember harry had him at west ham when he was a kid

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 04:21

djfitzo wrote:

Leave off Lew, we would have had continuity had Harry accepted Levys offer in February, but no, he thought he was getting the England job and don't give me that crap about denying Harry a swan song, Spurs should have been that, I don't give a flying f*ck about England, just Spurs. Many on here have not forgotten what Harry achieved at Spurs, albeit with a squad he largely inherited, but some didn't seem to want to give AVB a chance based on what happened at Cheatski, where many more experienced managers were outed by Terry,Cole and Lumplard. You can't blame Levy for chucking away a 13 point lead over Arsenal and freezing out players like Pav, but Harry didn't have any faults did he?

Well for a start dj, pav was crap, he was absolutely useless , he wasnt prem class, what is he doing now? are all the prem clubs looking to sign him from outer mongolia, ? and he p*ssed harry off by having his agent on the training ground stating his case, what would you do in that position ?
    Maybe you can blame levy, for the jan transfer happening, or non happening ! neilsen? lol, a player taken off the wage list at blackburn in their relegation year, says it all.
    You blokes bleat on about the england job, his head wasnt turned by an approach by chelsea, or man city blah blah, it was f*cking england, dont you blokes get it ??????????? that was his ambition, and yes, maybe his last chance to realise that ambition.
    Levy couldnt forgive him for it, and seems like you blokes cant either.
    By the way, levys demands for release of harry to england was way over the top, just maybe he curtailed harry getting the job, just dont think levy is a saint, because he f*cked up the whole scenario, both ways.
    Anyway, this post was an answer to lens raising the question of stability, which we already had, and now we have all this uncertainty.
    Just because we have had a little run, it doesnt change my opinion.
    But its promising !
    5-2 against the goons isnt good, at least harry had the excuse of having his head turned by england at the time of the same score last season.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Dec 03 2012, 04:38

Lew the thing that p*ssed off a lot of Spurs fans was the way Redknapp went after the Ing-Ger-Land job. He went for it at the expense of OUR club. Pure & simple . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 04:55

5 2 with 10 men from 18 mins is differnt then 11 men and 5 2 with a full team

pav is not crap hes just lazy. he scored inportant goals for us. and games for games the last 2 season he was with us he scored more then crouch and defoe.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 03 2012, 07:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:this is getting boring. he didnt want to be our manager anymore. he was hardly around the training ground.
    the season we kept us up. 6points from 12 games.
    mr bean could of kept us up that season.

the last 2 seasons harry was with us he went on 2 really long bad runs. the champions league run was good but it came at the cost of our poor league form.

im convince avb if given time will be better then harry and thats with a weaker sqaud.

i hated it when we got harry i even said on here that now we got him crouch will be here next and he was.

now qpr have got harry they are being linked with beckham lampard and the infamous joe cole lol for the hundred time.
    remember harry had him at west ham when he was a kid

How is it a weaker squad ? u slagged VDV off saying he was crap and should get rid of him Dembele is going to be as good as or better than Modric. We have Caulker now who is superb Verts
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 03 2012, 07:56

Lew Wrote:

By the way, levys demands for release of harry to england was way over
    the top, just maybe he curtailed harry getting the job,

Not true Lew, according to the FA. Harry was never even considered for the job. They only ever spoke to Uncle Woy. Shouldn't believe all you read in the Red Tops mate.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 08:11

no i never said modric is crap. to me he was more inportant then bale. bale can get away with quiet games but modric was instrumentl in how we played last season.

i didnt mind vdv being sold because he didnt fit in to our team that well and couldnt last 90mins.

also we dropped lennin in some games to fit vdv in.

i hear hes not having a good time in hamburg so its not always greener on the other side.

but ye i would have liked to have kept modric

Last edited by Loughtonlegend on Mon Dec 03 2012, 08:35; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 03 2012, 08:18

Lennin Lought? I know the club is going through a bit of a revolution at the moment but that's taking it a bit to far LOL.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 18:45

BazSpur wrote:Lew Wrote:

By the way, levys demands for release of harry to england was way over
    the top, just maybe he curtailed harry getting the job,

Not true Lew, according to the FA. Harry was never even considered for the job. They only ever spoke to Uncle Woy. Shouldn't believe all you read in the Red Tops mate.

Good morning Sir baz.
    never read it in the red tops, and you know thats true from a man who invented the transfer balls thread.
    At the time of the court case, it was widely known , and mentioned that when harry was cleared of the charges that it was meant to have cleared his path to the england job.
    One thing that was patently obvious, was the fact that levy is a hard negotiator, england wouldnt get harry for peanuts.
    One sky reporter, quoted " levy could demand up to £6 million for harry,s release,but ! no one knows what levy would have asked in compensation, but it wouldnt have been cheap, levy would have milked the situation, just maybe brooking and co didnt want to go that route, brooking hates harry anyway, would have suited him to have wanted hodgson.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 03 2012, 20:37

Well, it's a case of who you believe then. The FA or the Media? Arry said all along he had not been approached for the England job. Even after Uncle Woy got it Arry still said he had never been approched by The FA. However, I do think he thought he would get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 08 2024, 12:59