The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
seebee1944
MarkA249
LOVELOVEROCKET
BazSpur
Maximus
vis
ArnieArdiles
11 posters

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 Empty Re: Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 22:21

Well it seemed to all and sundry (apart from the fa)that he was the nations choice.
    Anyway baz, it doesnt matter and i think i will call time on the avb/redknapp debate.
    It just goes round in circles, and at the end of the day me moaning wont change a thing...will it ? lol
    Wish you all well on here and i will pop in from time to time.
    Work is just taking me over at the moment.
    Hope the season remains on track, and that we at least stay in 4th spot, if avb does that, minus modric, vdv, and injuried players then he will have done a good job, and won the doubters over, its then levys job to get the players in that his manager wants, i dont expect much in january though, clubs dont want to sell their best players half way through a season.
    Stay kind to one another on here lads............lol.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO - Page 3 Empty Re: Giving AVB our support......WOOHOO

Post by Boltjean Tue Dec 04 2012, 06:32

Hi Lew. You missed the point of my post. You said when someone praises a past manager, you will give enthusiastic praise to the present one. I praised Bill, and Keith and yet you did not praise AVB. God knows how many mugs of Horlicks I will have to drink before you keep your promise, Lol. I praised Harry up untill it all went pear shaped, he shot himself in the foot mate. Firstly, you go on about the chairman, and yes the way he treated Jol was disgusting, but he did stand by Harry while he was on trial for tax evasion. As for my remark about stability, is stability being 13 point's ahead of the Arsenal, and then throwing it away finishing behind them. Yes we finished 4th and missed out on the Champions League spot due to Chelsea winning the competition, but you would have thought that Harry would have thought that we will have to give our all to keep third place because fourth will be no good to us should they win the trophy. I honestly would love to know what you would have said if AVB had been in charge at the time and thrown that kind of lead away to the club all Tottenham supporters hate. Would you have defended him by saying, oh yes, but he did this last season, and that the season before, I bet you would have wanted him out the door as quickly as possible, but because it was dear old Harry, he can be excused all the mistakes he has made, but this manager turned a victory in to a defeat by dropping those points, 13 for Christ sake Lew not one or two, bloody 13. Not going on about this anymore, had enough.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 17:55

I had already called time on this one len, everyone has a view, and we all beg to differ.so whats the point of harping on.?
    What am i meant to praise avb for? as some of you blokes say, he,s only a handful of games into the season, he needs a full season at least to be given a chance, and then we will see what praise he is worthy of.
    Time will tell len, enjoy your horlicks ! jocolor
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Tue Dec 04 2012, 19:16

If the Messiah AVB was not good enough for The Chelski why oh why is he so good for us, i just dont get why he has the backing of so many yids !!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Dec 04 2012, 21:35

He was good enough for Chelski Max. The problem was they weren't prepared to be good to him.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Dec 04 2012, 21:46

the only reason levy "stood by harry" during his tax evasion case was because harry was doing rather well for thfc at that time. do you think he would have been so generous had we been mid to lower in the table ? its a 2 way street, good bit of buisness for both partys at that time i think, not levy being a saint.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 04 2012, 21:56

Maximus wrote:If the Messiah AVB was not good enough for The Chelski why oh why is he so good for us, i just dont get why he has the backing of so many yids !!!

His not the messiah, his just a very naughty boy!!

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:50

Max the players did not like AVB because he was not affraid to drop them. Mr John Terry thinks he is Mr Chelsea, and with the support of a few of his puppets, Cole etc, they rebelled against AVB and that forced the Ruski into sacking him. Terry, a racist, gets the backing in court from Cole, when it was on the cards AVB would be joining us,it was reported that certain Chelsea players were saying to Spurs players they would not like working with AVB, trying to turn the Spurs players against him before he even got in the door. It has not worked though has it, as the Spurs players are saying how much they enjoy working with AVB and he is such a great guy. Defoe wants to stay at Spurs for the rest of his career, seems everyone is happy with him behind the scenes, and I am pleased for him. I just hope now he guides us to a position in the premiership where we finish above the Arsenal and Chelsea, and we can stick our fingers up at the gooners, and AVB can stick his up at Chelsea. Oh sweet joy, now that would be great.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 05 2012, 00:15

djfitzo wrote:
    Maximus wrote:If the Messiah AVB was not good enough for The Chelski why oh why is he so good for us, i just dont get why he has the backing of so many yids !!!

PMSL Dave Repped.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Dec 05 2012, 01:53

BazSpur wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

PMSL Dave Repped.

Ion must be busy, would normally have quoted another Life Of Brian classic by now.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 02:35

its us who are laughing now. look at the mess chelsea are in compared to us and we should soon have a fully fit sqaud. rafa still cant get a win with that great sqaud they have. rdm sacked after winning the champions league..
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Dec 05 2012, 04:36

Hmm maybe AVB wasn't good enough for Chelski? Lets face it Di Matteo won the FA Cup & Chumps League for 'em and he wasn't good enough either . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 04:37

djfitzo wrote:

Yeah ! losing 5-2 to the goons, very naughty !!

......deserves a spank for that one !

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 04:51

we going round in circles here lew.
    harry lost 5 2 with 11 men and a full sqaud

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 04:55

Its ok lought, just on a wind up. Very Happy

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:33

Let's see;

A) He's currently our manager.
    B) With a decimated team he's managing to keep us within a stones throw of top spot.
    C) With a depleted squad, in the throws of learning a different system to play, he is currently outperforming a team that pays a million a week more than us in wages.
    D) With a severely depleted squad he is managing to match a team with a squad who's front line cost nearly twice as much as our entire squad.
    E) He has had to run the gauntlet of abuse from fans of his own team, a vendetta from the press and unfounded criticism from pundits across the game and STILL has managed to keep us within a stone's throw of top spot.
    F) He has, to date, averaged 2 points per game and 2 goals per game.
    G) Despite all of the abuse, vendetta's and criticism he has maintained his poise, dignity and positivity towards the game, his players and even us the fans.
    And H) He's OUR f*cking MANAGER!!!

If anyone is unable to offer him deserved support, considering the above, then f*ck off to Cheatski! They welcome halfwit, know nothing clowns who turn on their own without justification.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:37

djfitzo wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

PMSL Dave Repped.

Ion must be busy, would normally have quoted another Life Of Brian classic by now.

Dammit!

Err......Throw off the shoe, follow the gourd?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:23

Bit hard on max, ion ! you know i think that we all support spurs and want them to win every game, which means in a roundabout way that whoever is in charge has the best wishes of us all.
    It doesnt mean we have to shout it from the roof tops....lol. it also doesnt mean we have to accept blindly every decision that is made on our behalf.
    Look at chelsea and how they hate benitez ! but i bet their fans still want to win every game.
    I dont think its a case of supporting avb with some of us on here, its more the fact that one man made the decision to fix something when it wasnt broken that has disappointed a few on here, and they are entitled to their views, as you are.
    ,,,,,,,,and my view on the situation is that its early days yet , no one hates avb as far as i can see, i certainly dont, and i said i want spurs to win every game they play, so that should speak volumes.
    We all have different opinions of the situation, thats being human, not halfwitted, and i wont blindly accept every fcking decision thats made on my behalf, if i dont like it then i will say my bit.
    It doesnt mean i hate avb or that he doesnt get my support, at the end of the day its results that count for me, not blind acceptance.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:47

ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

PMSL Dave Repped.

Dammit!

Err......Throw off the shoe, follow the gourd?

But there my f*cking juniper berries!

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:08

[quote="Mr Plums."]Bit hard on max, ion ! you know i think that we all support spurs and want them to win every game, which means in a roundabout way that whoever is in charge has the best wishes of us all.
    It doesnt mean we have to shout it from the roof tops....lol. it also doesnt mean we have to accept blindly every decision that is made on our behalf.
    Look at chelsea and how they hate benitez ! but i bet their fans still want to win every game.
    I dont think its a case of supporting avb with some of us on here, its more the fact that one man made the decision to fix something when it wasnt broken that has disappointed a few on here, and they are entitled to their views, as you are.
    ,,,,,,,,and my view on the situation is that its early days yet , no one hates avb as far as i can see, i certainly dont, and i said i want spurs to win every game they play, so that should speak volumes.
    We all have different opinions of the situation, thats being human, not halfwitted, and i wont blindly accept every fcking decision thats made on my behalf, if i dont like it then i will say my bit.
    It doesnt mean i hate avb or that he doesnt get my support, at the end of the day its results that count for me, not blind acceptance.[/quote

Spare me the 'blind acceptance' Tosh Lew.

I posted 7 very good reasons why he should be SUPPORTED by our, alleged, SUPPORTERS. You've ignored every single one of them.

And spare me the 'their entitled to their views' claptrap as well. If I had a dollar for every time this tired old evasion was trotted out by those without a logical argument I'd be a wealthy man.

You're entitled to an opinion if you can back it with a reasoned, logical argument to back it up, otherwise you're 'entitled to f*ck all. If some Dropkick comes on here and offers the 'opinion that Lloris is sh*t because he's French, then all he's entitled to is an earful and an ignore button. Don't insult my intelligence with that PC bollox.

The reason WHY he should support him was questioned, it was answered in full. As I said, if those 7 reasons aren't enough to support OUR f*cking MANAGER then f*ck off to Cheats I where they will welcome that kind of bullsh*t with open arms.

I SUPPORT my club, players, manager, chairman, f*cking ground staff and tea lady because they are Tottenham and working towards the betterment of the club I adore. I will fling f*cks into every clown that I think is a threat to that.

Don't like it? Feel free to argue it. If you can't argue it then clam up or ignore me. Either way I'll lose not a wink of sleep.

Now before you get too indignant, mate, this isn't an attack on you but directed to anyone who feels that this is too much to ask of a Spurs SUPPORTER. Criticism of players, manager, chairman, ground staff and, yes, the tea lady is welcome and healthy.

When backed by reason and logic. This I respect and this I will either agree with or argue dependant on whether I agree or not. You pull an 'opinion' out of your are though and I'll show it all the respect it deserves.

Which is none.

You've known me long enough to know that this is how I've always been and I'll never change.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 06 2012, 23:02

Well, I think that answers that then LOOL.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 23:25

[quote="ionman34"]
    Mr Plums. wrote:Bit hard on max, ion ! you know i think that we all support spurs and want them to win every game, which means in a roundabout way that whoever is in charge has the best wishes of us all.
    It doesnt mean i hate avb or that he doesnt get my support, at the end of the day its results that count for me, not blind acceptance.[/quote

Spare me the 'blind acceptance' Tosh Lew.

I posted 7 very good reasons why he should be SUPPORTED by our, alleged, SUPPORTERS. You've ignored every single one of them.

And spare me the 'their entitled to their views' claptrap as well. If I had a dollar for every time this tired old evasion was trotted out by those without a logical argument I'd be a wealthy man.

You're entitled to an opinion if you can back it with a reasoned, logical argument to back it up, otherwise you're 'entitled to f*ck all. If some Dropkick comes on here and offers the 'opinion that Lloris is sh*t because he's French, then all he's entitled to is an earful and an ignore button. Don't insult my intelligence with that PC bollox.

The reason WHY he should support him was questioned, it was answered in full. As I said, if those 7 reasons aren't enough to support OUR f*cking MANAGER then f*ck off to Cheats I where they will welcome that kind of bullsh*t with open arms.

I SUPPORT my club, players, manager, chairman, f*cking ground staff and tea lady because they are Tottenham and working towards the betterment of the club I adore. I will fling f*cks into every clown that I think is a threat to that.

Don't like it? Feel free to argue it. If you can't argue it then clam up or ignore me. Either way I'll lose not a wink of sleep.

Now before you get too indignant, mate, this isn't an attack on you but directed to anyone who feels that this is too much to ask of a Spurs SUPPORTER. Criticism of players, manager, chairman, ground staff and, yes, the tea lady is welcome and healthy.

When backed by reason and logic. This I respect and this I will either agree with or argue dependant on whether I agree or not. You pull an 'opinion' out of your are though and I'll show it all the respect it deserves.

Which is none.

You've known me long enough to know that this is how I've always been and I'll never change.

......and you didnt bother to read my reasons, and there isnt f*cking 7 of them, there was one, and i wont bother to repeat it because you wont f*cking see the logical reasoning behind it, because you choose not to, just go on blundering and accepting every decision ion levy makes mate, if thats where your logic gets you.

If you think it was LOGICAL to sack a man who did a good job for us, for all the petty, idiot and media jibes, being used as one excuse to do so, or for his england ambitions, or for the bad luck that chelsea fluked a cl final, then you have a strange sort of logic mate.
    ....and then you expect me to support a bloke who makes a decision like that, and his new chosen one....lol

I couldnt give a sh*t about your blind support of everything spurs, but i say good luck to you if thats your way of doing things, it isnt my way, and mate, dont spring that old TRUE SUPPORTER bit on me, because i was going to whl while you were dirtying your nappies, and i was still going in the late 80s, until the underground journeys got on my fcking nerves, and the season tickets began to get beyond my financial means.

Doesnt make me any less a spurs supporter, so dont tell me what i am or what i am not, because you arent qualified to do so, you dont even live in this country to know f*ck all what true supporters think, only what you read on the net, and on here, or see on aussie tv.

You work with the people that i work with, spurs supporters and hear the view on the street mate.

The day you do that then i will read all of your seven reasons.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 06 2012, 23:31

Well, if you didn't bother to read all 7 reasons Lew. Why are you commenting? Never heard the saying forewarned is forearmed fella? So according to you you read one reason then thought f*ck it I'll take him to task. That my friend is just asking for trouble.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 23:43

BazSpur wrote:Well, if you didn't bother to read all 7 reasons Lew. Why are you commenting? Never heard the saying forewarned is forearmed fella? So according to you you read one reason then thought f*ck it I'll take him to task. That my friend is just asking for trouble.

What trouble baz ? lol.
    Yes i did read his 7 reasons, and thats just his view.
    Its ok baz, i respect ion, and his posts, and we have had differing opinions and flare ups in the past.

Just maybe mate, go equal on ion and me and you might just see a little antagonism in his post directed at me.

I am not going to have 1 reason i dont agree with, let alone 7 shoved down my throat. Very Happy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 06 2012, 23:47

I stand corrected Lew. I read your post wrong. As you were lol.

Last edited by BazSpur on Fri Dec 07 2012, 01:15; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:10