The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Willam Gallas  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Willam Gallas  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Willam Gallas  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Willam Gallas  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Willam Gallas  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Willam Gallas  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Willam Gallas  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Willam Gallas  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Willam Gallas  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Willam Gallas  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
DJSR
shearspur
BazSpur
Boycey
spurslegend
MarkA249
10 posters

Willam Gallas

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Willam Gallas  Empty Willam Gallas

Post by MarkA249 Sat Aug 21 2010, 18:34

Gallas is coming wether people like it or not Arry has come out and said he not the yorkshire ripper which is true he was white. Another one is Arsene w*nker wanted to keep him so which is good news for us Look at Tevez last season City fans wasnt bothered he played for Utd just they nicked him from them Red Nose offered Scar Face a contract but he choose City its more or less the same thing with WILL I AM. I think he will be a good signing i even think he might end up been vice captain. If Burger and Fries(mark2spark) be honest bet they a bit miffed about losing him hes also go about 9 years premier experience and champs league experience providing we beat Swiss Cheese on Wednesday. Just hope Arry signs Lassana Diarra too only 8.5 million been quoted for him not bad price

Willam Gallas  Empty Re: Willam Gallas

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 21:58

Now it's happening I kinda like the idea that we get the ex-arsenil Captain. There's a certain bitter-sweet irony about it. Copy & pasted below an article from the Guardian, I've highlighted a very telling point that 'arry makes about Gallas' "previous". The one doubt I still have is his attitude but time alone will tell if that is going to be a problem or not. He's one of US now and therefore has my support and hopes that he can fufill his ambition to win more trophies with us. Has he got the Chumps League on his C.V yet ? Maybe he's looking to add it with us . . . .

Harry Redknapp: William Gallas is no Yorkshire Ripper, he can win us title• Redknapp: Ex-Arsenal captain's experience will be vital
    • Gallas believed to be on less money than Arsenal offered
    (18)Tweet this (23)Jamie Jackson guardian.co.uk, Friday 20 August 2010 22.30 BST Article history
    Harry Redknapp hopes Tottenham fans will get behind new signing William Gallas, above, despite his past with Arsenal. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian

Harry Redknapp has told Tottenham Hotspur fans to get behind his decision to sign William Gallas on a free transfer, insisting he has not "signed the Yorkshire Ripper" and that the former Arsenal captain could make the vital difference to winning the Premier League.

Redknapp has previously stated that he wanted two or three more players who could add the edge required to challenge seriously for the title. Asked if Gallas, who will sign a one-year deal subject to a medical, could be one of these, he said: "I think for a defender he could be, yeah. He'll come in and give us a bit of knowhow, a bit of presence. The other players will look at him, know he's a good player, those who played against him will know he's a good player. He'll bring experience. He's top class – whenever we've played against him he's looked world class."

Redknapp was bullish regarding any animosity the 33-year-old might encounter due to his links with Arsenal. He said: "It's all cobblers really, isn't it? What's he done? It's not the Yorkshire Ripper I'm signing, he's a footballer, he plays football. When he plays here he might go and play for West Ham – what's he supposed to do? I'm sure the fans will give him a good reception."

He added: "He's done nothing wrong. What's he done wrong? He's not the first player to go from Arsenal to Tottenham or Tottenham to Arsenal. It happens all the time.

"He won championships and all sorts at Chelsea. He's a great lad as well, smashing fellow. I've been really impressed with him. He'll improve Tottenham and that's all I'm concerned about. He wants to come here and play and I think that shows the character.

"He could say: 'I played at Arsenal; I daren't go there.' He's got the bottle to want to come and play here."

The manager is certain Gallas will want to show Arsenal and their fans what they are missing. "Oh yeah, he'll come here with a point to prove," Redknapp said. "If he wanted an easy life he would've gone to Greece or somewhere wouldn't he? For big money and say: 'Oh that's OK I've done it all.' He's put himself under massive pressure to come, you've got to give the man some credit."

Redknapp denied Gallas had made exorbitant wage demands, and stated he will sign a one-year deal with the option of a second depending on how many starts he makes. "He gets another year if he starts over 30 games. He's never asked for big money here. The chairman [Daniel Levy] has agreed a one-year contract with him and the wages are more than reasonable."

Redknapp then claimed Gallas has agreed a salary less than the one he was offered by Arsène Wenger at the close of last season when his contract had expired. "He turned it down. What happened at Arsenal was they offered him a new deal, a two-year deal on maybe slightly less money than he was on the year before and he turned it down.

"I'm not saying it was a clever move on his part at the time – financially it probably wasn't because he hasn't got massive money here. He's signed a good contract but we haven't thrown loads of money at it that's for sure and he never asked for it."

Redknapp is particularly happy to sign Gallas as he will have added a vastly experienced defender to a Spurs squad that is weak in this area, as an injury crisis envelopes the club after only one league game. They travel to Stoke City tomorrow with Ledley King doubtful due to his chronic knee problem and Redknapp claiming that Jonathan Woodgate's career may be over if an imminent operation is not successful.

"You are talking about having an operation for Jon – that's his chance probably, his last resort," Redknapp said of the 30-year-old. "He's been all round the world looking for a cure. He's gone abroad with the physio.

"We need cover. The Champions League is fantastic for us but it becomes a balancing act. We do need bodies now because we are involved in two top competitions. Tomorrow I'm short of having enough substitutes. That is what happens in this game."

Redknapp stated he may have to put "kids" on the bench at Stoke because in attack Peter Crouch is the only recognised striker available after Jermaine Defoe (groin), Roman Pavlyuchenko (ankle) and Robbie Keane (knee) were all ruled out following the 3-2 midweek defeat to Young Boys on the Swiss team's plastic pitch in the first leg of the Champions League play-off.

As Luka Modric has also failed to recover from a hamstring and groin injury he picked up in Switzerland, Redknapp's attacking options are limited, and he may decide to play Niko Kranjcar off Crouch in attack.

Redknapp has not ruled out further recruitment and hinted Spurs retain an interest in Luís Fabiano, Sevilla's Brazil striker. He said: "I don't know if we could afford him, he's a good player but I think he could be too expensive for us. I think they're asking £20m for him – crazy money."

Redknapp ruled out any interest in Everton's Steven Pienaar, though. "No truth at all. Pienaar is at Everton."
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Aug 21 2010, 22:30

good player and we need cover for king well done arry

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 22:56

MarkA249 wrote:Gallas is coming wether people like it or not Arry has come out and said he not the yorkshire ripper which is true he was white. Another one is Arsene w*nker wanted to keep him so which is good news for us Look at Tevez last season City fans wasnt bothered he played for Utd just they nicked him from them Red Nose offered Scar Face a contract but he choose City its more or less the same thing with WILL I AM. I think he will be a good signing i even think he might end up been vice captain. If Burger and Fries(mark2spark) be honest bet they a bit miffed about losing him hes also go about 9 years premier experience and champs league experience providing we beat Swiss Cheese on Wednesday. Just hope Arry signs Lassana Diarra too only 8.5 million been quoted for him not bad price
    im always honest mark, its a decent move for all parties, his experience will be a plus for u, but his mouth wont be. lets just wait and see how it pans out. arsenal offered him a 1 year contract and he didn want it asking for 2, 32 year olds wont get that at our place, yids and harry feel they can offer him this and fair play to yous, but i wont lose any sleep over it, the guy cost us a good crack at the title 2 seasons ago with his pitch protest at brum,he was consantly fallin out with team mates and his actual game deteriated over the last 18 months and would not have been first choice for us anyway. anyway like i say lets see how it goes,but all them old posts by yids come springing back to mind, gallas the goat was it lol.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sat Aug 21 2010, 23:30

I think he is going to be a massive signing for us, he has got the experience in the Champions League,he has played against the best and will add some steel to the back four,people are saying he is good cover,but i can see him playing more often than just as cover.......and i feel it is going to be the 1st of few before the window shuts!

In my mind Woodgate will retire before the season is over, i cant see him coming back and i think it is going to go the way of Dean Ashton, and maybe just maybe Owen Hargreaves?????
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 21 2010, 23:37

Come off it Burger all supporters sling shite at rival teams players especially those that have local derbies. I castigated him something rotten for his petulance at Brum but he wasn't playing for us then was he? Mind you even if he was I would still have voiced my thoughts about that behaviour as I'm sure many gooners did. I still think he is a bit of a dick as a person but its his playing ability I am interested in. Bentley and King have been dicks in their private life but they are still yids. Keane has been a bit of a dick as have countless other Spurs players through the years but we still loved em. I will give Gallas the chance he deserves as will many other Yids. Of course there will be some who will boo him but if he does everything right and plays well I am sure he will be accepted.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 21 2010, 23:41

i didnt want him but now it looks like hes here i will give him my full support, booing him will be bloody stupid and could affect the rest of the team. winning goal for us versus a*se or chelski will do nicely william. coys
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 21 2010, 23:50

Spot on Shear.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 00:16

i agree baz, im looking forward to seeing how gallas pans out for yous.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Aug 22 2010, 00:21

I reckon Gallas will do well for Spurs and will have a point to prove that he still has got what it takes.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 00:27

its an interesting one because it can go different ways, how will yids take to him in the first place, will they give him time or will they boo him from the off, im sure a section of your crowd will do this, there was when sol came to us, then will he perform, he is lucky in a way because he has goals in him and that will get him off to a good start if he notches early, but he has mistakes and pettulance in him as well which coming from an ex goon that aint going to be allowed to happen, not for long anyway. like i say we can all assume what will happen, lets judge this guy at xmas and then we will kno more.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Aug 22 2010, 00:35

Its wrong to boo your own players, especially a new signing. I doubt the Spurs fans will do this, it would effect the player and the overall team performance. Its just silly and doesnt make sense.

I've seen and heard Arsenal fans boo'ing their own team when a player isnt performing, but encouragement would surely work in favour of the team rather than putting them down. Thats a problem when fans have high expectations.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 00:39

yids have there boo boys as well dj and i would be amazed if there was not a little bit of this going on in his first game, this wont affect him tho, he is beyond that, as it happens i hope arsenal dont boo him when he plays against us, he seen his contract out and didn do a bad job on the park for us, but im not sure that will happen.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Aug 22 2010, 00:41

burger777 wrote:yids have there boo boys as well dj

Yep we do Burgs, i think most teams do, and its expected.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Aug 23 2010, 01:29

So it's been confirmed ,,,,,,Gallas is a Yid for the next year ...

Could he be a Wenger mole , sent to our camp just like Comolli?

I will cheer him on but also keep a beady eye out on Agent Gallas Willam Gallas  Icon_cool ...er Willam Gallas Willam Gallas  Icon_eek
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 23 2010, 01:38

Lol, Arnie.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Aug 23 2010, 01:50

Well if Benoit aint got a probs with Gallas signing why should we Baz ? lol
    The former Lens defender added: "Look, Darth Vader could come to Spurs. I don't care.
    "If he does his job well I am happy for Spurs.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6326968,00.html

i ripped this from the GG forum ,,, made me laugh ...

Willam Gallas  3654

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 23 2010, 02:10

Love it Rep point Arnie..

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 02:36

Lol @ Arnie... Agent Gallas lol

His positional sense is good but he's a bit slow off the mark now, but he'll still be good cover for a lot of the more mundane games.
    The trouble is that he doesn't realise that and he wants to start matches in our team and as we have just signed a new CB to partner Vermaelen (and are looking to sign another one) he knows it ain't going to happen.
    The other problem is that he has rubbed up a lot of the frenchies the wrong way, and a dressing room with an atmosphere is no good.
    I think his attitude is fine though. His implosion at Brum was due to caring. He knew the title had gone with that result that day. Bitter disapointment from a professional, that's all.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 05:08

Is that bitterness I sense in the air from the goners ? Welcome to White Hart Lane Agent Gallas, may your stay be most excellent & fruitfull . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 05:20

gallas was a free agent in may, harry signed him in august, says it all really,
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 23 2010, 05:33

Star Feet Gallas "Live Long and Prosper"........Well 12 months anyway.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 05:38

burger777 wrote:gallas was a free agent in may, harry signed him in august, says it all really,

LOL LOL & indeed LOL, said no to your team because you wouldn't offer 2 years then comes to the mighty Spurs for just a year and for less money ! PMSL that says it all ! Gallas knows where the future lies in London football. Hey goners we're after you and we screaming down the back of ya necks . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 05:49

its desperate vis, free agent in may yids sign him august, top of harrys list he was, lol

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 05:55

Burgs get over it. Gallas, your ex-captain, is a Yiddo now ! whinger is on record as saying he wanted to keep Gallas but wouldn't offer him 2 years. 'arry offers a year and William bites his hand off ! Of course that's desperation. One year's employment compared to two and on less wages. Desperate lad is Gallas eh ? Desperate to win things again me thinks . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content