The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Statistically our best striker EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Statistically our best striker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Statistically our best striker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Statistically our best striker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Statistically our best striker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Statistically our best striker EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Statistically our best striker EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Statistically our best striker EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Statistically our best striker EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Statistically our best striker Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Statistically our best striker

Statistically our best striker Empty Statistically our best striker

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06 2011, 09:57

Hello all, a little article i found on 606 which i thought was very interesting.

I was bored and had a lot of time on my hands so thought I'd analyse the stats of our attacking partnerships/formations as accurately as I could in terms of goals scored, including matches where VDV has been played behind a striker.

I have added up the number of goals we've scored as a whole team in all matches this season under different strike partnerships/formations, excluding those partnerships/formations that were never played for more than 90 minutes. Although this is never going to paint the full picture of how effective each attacking option is as it doesn't take into account the opposition or which players were playing behind the strikers, it makes for fairly interesting, if not too unpredictable, reading.

Leading the way is the Pav + Crouch partnership, with 16 goals being scored in 415 minutes of them playing together. That equates to 1 goal every 25.94 minutes.

Next is Defoe + Pav with 10 goals in 360 minutes. 1 goal every 36 minutes.

The rest are as follows:

Keane + Pav = 2 goals in 100 mins. 1 goal every 50 mins.

Defoe + Crouch = 10 goals in 509 mins. 1 goal every 50.9 mins.

Crouch alone(without VDV, Pav, Defoe and Keane) = 5 goals in 283 mins. 1 goal every 56.6 mins.

Pav + VDV = 6 goals in 396 mins. 1 goal every 66 mins.

Crouch + VDV = 7 goals in 561 mins. 1 goal every 80.14 mins.

Defoe + VDV = 2 goals in 191 mins. 1 goal every 95.5 mins.

And finally the partnership which has looked the least effective so far is Crouch + Keane which has created no goals in 161 minutes.

So there we have it, the 3 most effective partnerships all have Pav in them. Pav is also looking to be the best striker to play with VDV on the team too.

Any objections to not playing Pav and Crouch up front against Bolton? Let's hope not from Harry.

Top of the page

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26687&start=1#ixzz1D80409ev

Statistically our best striker Empty Re: Statistically our best striker

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06 2011, 10:49

Any objections to not playing Pav and Crouch up front against Bolton? Let's hope not from Harry.

Well to be fair Lought he didn't and we still got 3 points (though I do concede Pav was on when Kranky got his screamer) so sometimes stats are just pointers to if's, but's and maybes. But as the article and many posts on here are saying, it's time to give Pav some serious game time . . . . .

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 17:18