The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
BazSpur
ionman34
shearspur
cynicsid
LOBO
9 posters

Let's be Honest about Modric

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Let's be Honest about Modric - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's be Honest about Modric

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jul 11 2011, 03:04

I'm a bit late in contributingt to this thread, but, must say well done to Levy for showing some some Balls.

To say I'm p*ssed off with Modders is putting it planly. He suggest that we not ambitious and then has the cheek to have the ump when we wont sell him to our competitors. The man desrerved the reality check handed out from Levy. Modric, must be aware of the message that puts out when we are trying to bring in other players, so that we can challenge, if he not aware then he is a c.u.n.t.

End of Rant.

Better Now.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 03:46

Seems that Modric is now alledging Levy broke a "gentlemens" agreement with him. How true this is I cannot say, yet it is written by the BBC chief football reporter. Would he post an article in the public domain he could not substantiate ??? Modric is alleged to claim that should a bigger club come in for him (you know a club steeped in history & tradition ! ! !) that they would talk and find the best solution. Seems like Levy has done that, should the interview be true. Also it is alleged that he will warm the bench or sit in the stands. There you go Luka that's the way things can sometimes go, especcially if a season ago you sign an extended contract and say you are more than happy to stay at Spurs for the forseeable future. From the Beeb website . . . . . .

Tottenham broke agreement, claims Luka Modric
    By Phil McNulty
    Chief football writer

Tottenham will stand firm on their refusal to sell Luka Modric - even after his claim that chairman Daniel Levy reneged on an agreement by rejecting a £22m bid from Chelsea.

BBC Sport understands Spurs will insist there was no agreement made between Modric and Levy.

Modric said: "Last summer [Levy] said we would find a satisfactory agreement if a club like Chelsea came in.

"I hope eventually we go our separate ways in an appropriate manner."

Modric's representative told BBC Sport on Thursday that he would not ask for a transfer, but the 25-year-old made his discontent clear in an interview with Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti.

Chelsea retain an interest in Modric and their need for increased midfield reinforcements is now more urgent after Michael Essien suffered another knee injury in training.
    Modric's criticism will not force a change in policy from Levy, who remains adamant no price could tempt him to sell despite what appears to be his increasing dissatisfaction.

"A lot has been published in the press about the meeting with Levy, who gave the public a twisted account of what happened," Modric said.

"I must say that I am genuinely disappointed about what Levy said to me. He didn't care about what I was telling him. It all only convinced me further that I was right to consider moving on to another club.

"I reminded the chairman of our gentlemen's agreement when we were in Dubrovnik last summer and I agreed a contract extension with Tottenham. Then I had an open chat with Levy - that if a bigger club came in with a concrete offer, we would consider it and agree the best solution for all concerned.

"The chairman said, 'OK, we'll sit and talk [about any offers]'. Now Levy doesn't want to talk to me and said there is no possibility that I can leave Spurs.

"He threatened me - he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 11 2011, 04:10

Hmmmmmm this is all getting messy now. This is not the way I envisaged it would go when Levy denied Modric his move. What happened to I won't hand in a transfer request? Ok he hasn't but seems to me like Danny has wheeled out the cannon so Modric must have been thinking that handing in a request was his next move. Either hat or he wouldn't play to his full potential. Something must have been said by the Modric camp.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jul 11 2011, 05:33

well if this is all true then i say get a massive fee for him and let him bugger off.get some fresh talent in quick and start planning for the season ahead before all this sh*t de rails our season before we even kick a ball. think levy will be worried about losing face over all this now though so looks like its going to drag on and on. very dissapointed in his attitude IF he has said all this.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 11 2011, 05:38

The other problem we could have is, who will want to follow him out of the door should he get his wish?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jul 11 2011, 06:43

Don't worry too much chaps. He's been slapped down hard by Levy and is currently spitting the dummy. He's gone a bit like Harry Enfield's Kevin, running around all floppy armed, huffing 'it's just not fair' to anyone who'll listen.

I note he hasn't had the balls to make these statements to any of the British 'meeja' so I'm not putting too much credence to what is being said.

However, if he is trying to force Danny's hand, which it seems is a distinct possibility, then I hope DL does exactly what he has threatened and has him benched. I really don't care if he is unhappy and wants a move, he's signed away the right to that and DL knows it too. As has been said previously, we managed well enough without him when he was injured so benching him shouldn't affect us too adversely. If he refuses to train then dock his wages too. There's absolutely nothing he can do about it because he would be in breach.

If all this is true, which it does appear to be, then I'm really beyond caring about Modric now. Ostracise him, let him sulk then wait until the panic sets in on the stagnation of his career. There is absolutely no way he could bring legal proceedings as we're not preventing his career progression, he is. He is more than welcome to contribute to the CL and title aspirations of our great club after all, isn't that career progression. We can even point towards the increase in salary and contract extension given to him as our continued efforts to further his career in English Football.

If he wants to further his career then he'll play for us to the best of his abilities until we decide to sell him. I think it's a safe bet that he won't renew his contract so the longest he'll have to wait is 3 years really as that'll really be the cut-off for us getting the best price for him.

We part on unfriendly terms but I really couldn't give a sh*t. He's made his bed now let him lie in it. Apparently Villas Boas, according to Modric, has already said that he wants him in his team. As VB has only just been instated it then effectively proves that Modric has been tapped up. Proof from his own mouth as VB hasn't made a single press statement to that effect.
    Grounds for legal action methinks. A ban on transfer dealings perhaps? Hold out on Modric, get Chelski's suspended ban reinstated then tell Modric 'Sorry son, you'll have to wait for a while as Chelski can't legally sign you now. How long? Oh, about 2 years. We'll quite happily sell you to them when that time elapses but, until then, be a good chap and do your job. Cheers.'

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 07:02

i dont have a problem with levy. i have said many times hes done wonders for the club

its harry i have a problem with, hes not used to lookin for top players. he didnt sign saurze on the say so of hes scout. but dont worry harrys court case if up soon so he wont be at pre season or looking at players

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 07:08

Ion do you think he hasn't spoken to the British meeja due to the fact of things bein lost in translation ? If he speaks in his mother tongue to a journo who "speka da same lingo" he may feel comfertable about what he has said and how it is reported ? This whole situation seems to be gradually spiralling into a car crash in slow motion . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 11 2011, 08:41

This whole situation seems to be going Modric's way Vis. He obviously isn't going to take it laying down, hence the histrionics. What do we do? Bench him as ion says (Which to be honest has an appeal for me) Or bite he bullet and sell him for as much as we can get as a lot of facebook Yids are saying? It's a dilemna isn't it? What really p*sses me off is just as we seem to be making some headway on the PL we get this sh*t. Same old same old. Carrick, Keane, Berbatoss now Modric.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jul 11 2011, 09:26

Baz, I think we need to learn from the past, as you mention, Carrick, Keane Berba.I Mods wants to act out a tantrum, because he not got his own way, then tuff. The only way to tackle a tantrum is to leave em to it, til the get it out of their system. If you give in to one child then they will all want a go.
    I say. Because when you have children you know how important it is that they are all treated the same.

Dans The Daddy

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:41

yep take a stand, unless we get sumthing stupid like 50 mill then let him rot in the reserves. 20 mill is not high enough

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Jul 11 2011, 17:41

He just a ungrateful little croatian tosser Why does he want to go to Chelsea so much be terrys bum boy or he likes they way they cheat and get the refs decions goal never over line offside goal Keane getting brought down for a pen never given season before last. Arry hes a good lad yes my a*se hes a baby and must be really thick he says if a offer come in whats is good for both parties then he can talk 22 Million for you is not good you stupid little alien if it was 50 mil maybe. Hes worse than Berba and Keane August 31 10.35 pm Modric will be a Chelsea player and Levy will be made to look like a baked bean
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:44

i say let him go, but not to chelsea or utd or city. why strengthen our rivals. put him in the shop window and for the right price sell him abroad cos if its that bad at spurs im sure he will want to go.there will be buyers abroad im sure."if an offer comes in thats good for both parties",well im sorry, selling to another premier lge club will not be.tought him abroad and get rid of the horrible little cnut.dont think hes gonna be welcome at the lane much now hes started all this crying.tell the media levy he can go because of all the trouble its causing thfc, but only abroad and for the right price. i wont blame levy if that happens.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Jul 11 2011, 22:09

135K a week, thats why he wants to go. Now it strike's me that if he really wanted to go to chelsea he would offer to move on the same wages and let chelsea pay the extra 5 mil a year for 5 years to us. That way we get £47M Modric plays for the team of his choice and chelsea get the player they want. But instead he turns up with the papers to try and leave on the best terms for him.

What stinks about this is the fact that the papers were fully informed of this deal right from the start. I wouldnt be supprised to learn that Modric went to Chelsea in the first place and got them to put a bid in for silly money.

This will be a real tough one for Levy to deal with, but once again it's clear that clubs are talking to our players without permission and nothing will get done about it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 11 2011, 22:47

Repped Sid. I am f*cking fuming about this. He played Tottenham for idiots all the way along and Arry can forget trying to tell us all what a nice fella he really is, bollox to that. Yids on facebook are calling him a Rat faced cnut such is the feeling against him now. So much so that even if he stayed he would be the recipient of a hate campaign. Best thing for all now is that he moves on and we get as much as we can for him because I have the feeling he will be let go now anyway. I admire Levy for what he tried to do but these days it's the players that wield the power.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Jul 11 2011, 23:06

If it was me I'd drag him back in the office, offer him another 6 year deal with a fixed buy out price, that way he can be happy in the knowledge that if a team values him high enough, he can go.

If he got a deal like that he can go back to the team happy in the knowledge that he has the choice to leave and if he accepts a reasonable wage from the buying club instead of silly wages then they will be able to afford him.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jul 12 2011, 10:15

I went to Hampshire this morning and came back this evening so I have been in the car a lot of the time and have Talk Sport on all day and every presenter has had a phone in or an opinion on the Modric situation. Practically everyone of them have been saying Spurs are being unfair to Modric and should let him go,

The worst show was Adrian Durham this evening. I don't know if anybody else heard him but his entire show was knocking Spurs and saying the most outrageous things like Levy has dragged Spurs into the gutter and it is only fair that he should be allowed to go to a BIGGER !!! club.I'm effing and blinding at the radio and I'll tell you if I had been in the same room I would have chinned the b*stard. He said the same thing a few months ago when Bale had those great games in the CL and he said then that Bale needed to move on to a bigger club.

Now anybody that has listened to him over the last couple of years knows what a tosser he is and knows very little about football all though he thinks that he is the worlds top authority.

But these things are picked up by the press and reported for all Spurs players to see and in my opinion has a knock on effect. Other players that we are looking at read it and may think Spurs are not an ambitious club and wont come here.

I'll tell you it was a long depressing ride and it wasn't the hold up on the M25 either it was listening to the ginger whinger going on and on about we have no ambition and will now be down with the also rans like Villa and Everton.

The big thing was Modric quoted as saying that Levy has broken a gents agreement and nobody can trust him anymore and that he said he will leave him up in the stands if he puts in a transfer request.

Now I don't know if he did or he didn't, in fact no one does except the two of them. But my opinion on the situation for what it's worth is don't sell him and play him and I guarantee he will play to the best of his ability. It's all about pride and I think deep down Modric is an honest player and wouldn't let his team down.In fact that is my take on any player that wants to leave but has a contract and I believe there are less sulkers like Berbatoss than honest players and I'm sure it would work but nobody ever puts it to the test they always give in to the player in the end.

Ferguson got Ronaldo to stay another year although he was desperate to leave then got 80mil but he played well that season.Fabregas has wanted to go to Barcelona for two seasons and even if he goes this year he still played well for
    the Gooners
    So keep Modric, sure he will be unhappy but he will soon get into the swing of things and if we start well and its looking good for next year he will forget all about it.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12 2011, 10:30

Hello i listen to talksport a lot and i do like mr durham but hes a wind up. hes great when hes having a go at arsneal lol

But today he was wrong. why should we sell. and why should we sell to man u chelsea or man c. when have these clubs ever sold as anyone.

How is levey dragging us into the gutter.
    IMAGINE if we sold to man c or chelsea im sure hes show would be about spurs selling there best players to there rivals

He dont have 1 or 2 years he has 6 years left and unless we get 50 mill then we shouldnt sell, unless its to a club outside the prem

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 15:50