The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
HotspurRoper
totalytot
MarkA249
Boycey
DJSR
BazSpur
ionman34
LOBO
12 posters

Luka Modric Thread

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Luka Modric Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Luka Modric Thread

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 24 2011, 01:57

I think Lought is saying Torres is sh*t Vis lol.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 03:04

hes been sh*t for 2 years baz. he did score a goal aganst west ham last seaon in injury time lol

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25 2011, 01:08

1245 FOOTBALL: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he hopes midfielder Luka Modric will play against Manchester City at the weekend: "I'm not bothered about anyone else," said Redknapp. "He is here, we love him, he is a great player and I need him back playing. "The chairman has made it clear that he is not for sale so he has to crack on with it now and I'm sure he will. "Will he play tomorrow? Possibly. We will see how his hamstring is on Thursday. Certainly I'm looking to have him fit for the weekend against Man City."

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25 2011, 01:13

why didnt he say on monday he has a hamstring problem and not that hes head aint right. talk about feeding the media

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25 2011, 02:50

Loughtonlegend wrote:why didnt he say on monday he has a hamstring problem and not that hes head aint right. talk about feeding the media

What i read was that modric had an injury but that he thought he could play if he wanted.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25 2011, 17:46

Cheeky bar-stewards. They expect us to take a player on loan & help improve him before he goes back as part of any Modric deal ? f*ck off you Russian gangster . . . .

Blues are also reportedly planning a final offer for their long-term target Luka Modric, in which Tottenham will be offered £30m - plus midfielder Yossi Benayoun - and as a further enticement, striker Daniel Sturridge on a season-long loan.
    Full story: Caught Offside

Chelsea are lining up one last offer for Tottenham target Luka Modric as Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas looks to make some final additions before the transfer window slams shut. The West London club will reportedly offer the White Hart Lane side £30m plus midfielder Yossi Benayoun as well as striker Daniel Sturridge, however the England Under 21 star’s move would only be a season long loan deal.

Despite agreeing a deal to bring in Spanish international Juan Mata the West London club are still very much interested in luring Modric to Stamford Bridge and the Croatian international has made it clear he wishes to make the move across London but Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has thus far held firm and turned down reported offers of £22m and £27m this month.

However now that Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has come out and stated that the playmaker would not take part in the club’s opening game of the season at Old Trafford because “his head’s not right” will further add fuel to the speculation that if the right offer is made then it may well be considered.

Thus far Redknapp has spent very little in the transfer market as Levy has stated that players must be sold before funds can be invested in new additions and with a little over a week left of the transfer window clearly sales must occur soon in order for the White Hart Lane boss to bring in signings.

Israeli international Benayoun has stated that he believes he may well be on his way out this month having missed the lions share of last term with a ruptured achilles injury. The adaptable midfielder would welcome a move to any side more likely to offer him regular first team action and would presumably be happy to move to Tottenham.

Villas-Boas has noted that his side has struggled to break down both Stoke City and West Brom in their opening fixtures and is therefore even more determined to snap up schemer Modric and will therefore sanction the loan signing of Daniel Sturridge in order to further tempt Messrs Redknapp and Levy into selling one of their prized assets.

Sturridge has missed the first two games of the season through suspension but given that Didier Drogba has failed to garner a start thus far then the England youngster is seemingly unlikely to either. Having spent a successful loan stint at Bolton the former Man City man will not be happy to waste away on the Blues bench and may also feel a loan move to Tottenham would help his career progression.

Redknapp has spoken about his frustrations with his current crop of strikers, who all failed to make an impact last term, and with Robbie Keane sold to MLS side LA Galaxy and Peter Crouch rumoured to be on his way to Stoke City, the addition of an up coming striking talent may just be tempting enough to consider agreeing a deal with their London rivals.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 25 2011, 19:41

Cheeky bar-stewards. They expect us to take
    a player on loan & help improve him before he goes back as part of
    any Modric deal ? f*ck off you Russian gangster .

Quite right Vis.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 22:40

Article from the Mail. Edited by me (will paste full article in Transfer section. Don't you just love the way the Mail is chummy enough with the Russian Gangster to refer to him as Roman ? Bunch of self-manipulators . . .

Roman offers £40m for Modric (edit) . . . .

Roman Abramovich has launched one last £40million bid to prise Luka Modric from Tottenham and add more guile to Chelsea's stuttering midfield.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has rejected offers of £22m and £27m but Chelsea's Russian owner is determined to test the north London club's resolve to the limit before Wednesday night's closure of the transfer window.

Levy is determined to dig his heels in over Modric, 25, offering him a pay increase to £85,000 per week in an attempt to keep the player for another season. It represents a rise of £20,000 per week on the six-year deal that the Croat signed last summer.

Abramovich made Modric one of his top targets and the player publicly pushed for a lucrative move to Stamford Bridge and the chance to play Champions League football.
    Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas saw his side labour for long spells in a 3-1 home win against Norwich on Saturday. When questioned about Modric later, he said: 'If it happens, it happens.'

Should Abramovich be rebuffed again, he could even make a move for Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder, a long-term Manchester United target. Inter want Chelsea winger Florent Malouda plus £27.5m.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 29 2011, 06:17

Do we think today's performance may have something to do with the Modric debacle. Perhaps it is destabalising the team.

Last edited by BazSpur on Mon Aug 29 2011, 07:41; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 07:30

BazSpur wrote:Do we think today's performance may have something to do with the Modric debacle. Perhaps it is destabulising the team.

It wont have helped baz, but the truth is that city have moved so far ahead of us now they dont mind us having their cast offs.
    I dont know how modric did today? but i am sure it will influence chelsea to put in another bid for him.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Mon Aug 29 2011, 15:58

I think if they come in with £40 million as the Mail says then i think we should sell him...this has gone on far too long and it will only ruin our season now. For as soon as Thursday comes then all the press will be talking about is the winter transfer window...it wont be over and will just make his "head" not right for all this these months to come.....

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 21:19

Boycey wrote:I think if they come in with £40 million as the Mail says then i think we should sell him...this has gone on far too long and it will only ruin our season now. For as soon as Thursday comes then all the press will be talking about is the winter transfer window...it wont be over and will just make his "head" not right for all this these months to come.....

Its got to be influencing the team boycey, he has to go, berbatov did the same thing but in a more direct way than modric.
    Modric just doesnt want the hate factor to come to it when he becomes a chelsea player.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 21:21

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has revealed Chelsea target Luka Modric requested not to play in Sunday's humiliation at home to Manchester City.

Modric remained largely anonymous as Spurs were thrashed 5-1 by City at White Hart Lane, with Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko netting four times and Sergio Aguero also scoring for Roberto Mancini's men.

After the match, Redknapp revealed the Croatian midfielder had approached him two hours before kick-off to ask not to be selected, as speculation persists that Chelsea are preparing a final 40 million pounds bid to sign him.

"His head's not right again," the Spurs boss told reporters.

"He came to see me at 12pm, probably 11.30am, and he told me he didn't feel his head was right. I told him he needed to play. I had injuries in midfield. He's our main man."
    "His head's been turned. It's probably been turned again Saturday night. We all know what goes on in the game."

"Anyone who thinks he's not being told what's going on is dreaming. Something happened. I don't know what. He was okay to play Saturday morning."

Redknapp believes Modric has been told by his representatives to do whatever it takes to secure a move to Stamford Bridge before the transfer window closes on Wednesday.

"He's getting advised maybe not to play," he added.

"We've seen it before. Someone's in his ear. That's how this game works, isn't it?"

"I think, at the moment, while he still sees a chink of light to go to Chelsea, he's probably doing what he's being told the best idea to get to Chelsea is."

"The chairman has said he's not for sale. Once the window's shut, he's here, isn't he?"
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 29 2011, 21:28

Whether he wants it or not Lew. I am sure it will happen. Fans don't forgive that easily.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 21:35

BazSpur wrote:Whether he wants it or not Lew. I am sure it will happen. Fans don't forgive that easily.

I didnt watch the game baz ! i just had an awful idea that we were going to be slaughtered, but my man utd mate says modric was awful and that he is messing the club about, he says he,s the bad apple that redknapp needs to out before the rot sets in with the other spurs players.
    Its a shame really because is this all we are now, a stepping stone to another club when we find a talent ?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 29 2011, 22:23

thats all we will be now because of the wage factor,even if we get a new capacity stadium it will be years before we can alter our wage structure to keep our "stars" . i have changed my stance on modric and i just want him out now and if 40 mill is being offered we should grab it now and try and buy in someone to strengthen quick but its prob to late now. if modric is worth 40 mill then in my opinion man city got a real bargain in nasri cos hes the better player i think.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 29 2011, 22:41

I have certainly changed my mind on the Modric situation. I always believed that if he stayed...and I didn't think he would...He would knuckle down and play to the best of his ability but I have changed my mind now and don't believe he will especially as we have been beaten badly in our first two games.

He has to be sold, it will be to late now to get anybody to replace him oF any real class and we will probably be left with other peoples cast offs, like Bellamy and Cole but I really believe we need to get shot of him and move on. It looks like we are going to really struggle this year and him staying could make it a lot worse.

Take the 40 mil and plan now to spend it wisely in January and just hope we're not in a relegation struggle by then.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:16

From the BBC website . . . .

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has said the uncertainty over Luka Modric's future has unsettled his side.

Modric has been linked with Chelsea all summer but returned as Spurs lost 5-1 to Manchester City.

Redknapp said: "It's probably the worst pre-season I've had. I've not enjoyed it one bit, 'is Luka staying, is he going?' every day non-stop.

"I spoke to him at 1130 this morning, he tells me he doesn't know if he's right to play or not. It's not ideal."

Modric reacted angrily earlier in the summer after a meeting with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy when he was told he would not be sold at any price, after Chelsea's opening £22m bid was rejected.

It is thought the Blues have made subsequent bids for the 25-year-old, again to no avail.

He was left out of the 3-0 defeat at Manchester United on Monday after becoming unsettled by the speculation, and was absent again as Tottenham secured their progress to the Europa League group stages with a 0-0 draw against Hearts on Thursday evening.

Later in the week Redknapp had been confident the Modric saga had been settled and that the Croatian would remain at White Hart Lane this season.

The playmaker was included in the starting line-up for the City game along with Peter Crouch, another player whose future at Spurs is in doubt, but had an ineffective match and was substituted after 66 minutes.

After the crushing defeat Redknapp said: "He's a main player for us and he's been linked every day, even this morning I'm driving in suddenly there's [a report of] a £40m offer coming in from Chelsea.

"Then suddenly Crouchy is supposed to be going to Stoke when he's in my team and we're talking about him going! It's been a difficult time."

With the transfer window set to close at 2300 BST on Wednesday, there is speculation Chelsea are planning a final bid to lure Modric away, but the Spurs boss added: "I don't know if Chelsea have made a £40m offer, they deal with the chairman and the chairman's stance all along has been that he's not going to sell him.

"If he sells him now it's going to leave us up the swanny with about three days to go. If you were going to sell him I'm sure he would have sold him three months ago."

After signing Emmanuel Adebayor and Iago Falque on season-long loan deals on Thursday, Redknapp stated earlier in the week that he was still hopeful of adding Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra to his squad.

Reports from Spain suggested the proposed move for the midfielder had stalled but the Spurs boss said: "Things haven't broken down. There is still a good chance. The chairman is working on it."
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:24

If we have to carry on paying him then pay him but keep him away from the Lane where he can't have a negative effect on the other players. No training unless it's on his own and no contact with any of the players. Send the little a*rsehole to Coventry. i too have changed my stance. Sell him ASAP and use the money in January as it is too late now.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:33

MAXIMUS wrote:Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has revealed Chelsea target Luka Modric requested not to play in Sunday's humiliation at home to Manchester City.

Modric remained largely anonymous as Spurs were thrashed 5-1 by City at White Hart Lane, with Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko netting four times and Sergio Aguero also scoring for Roberto Mancini's men.

After the match, Redknapp revealed the Croatian midfielder had approached him two hours before kick-off to ask not to be selected, as speculation persists that Chelsea are preparing a final 40 million pounds bid to sign him.

"He came to see me at 12pm, probably 11.30am, and he told me he didn't feel his head was right. I told him he needed to play. I had injuries in midfield. He's our main man."
    "His head's been turned. It's probably been turned again Saturday night. We all know what goes on in the game."

"Anyone who thinks he's not being told what's going on is dreaming. Something happened. I don't know what. He was okay to play Saturday morning."

Redknapp believes Modric has been told by his representatives to do whatever it takes to secure a move to Stamford Bridge before the transfer window closes on Wednesday.

"We've seen it before. Someone's in his ear. That's how this game works, isn't it?"

"I think, at the moment, while he still sees a chink of light to go to Chelsea, he's probably doing what he's being told the best idea to get to Chelsea is."

"The chairman has said he's not for sale. Once the window's shut, he's here, isn't he?"

Why would a manager come out with saying Modric wanted to be left out of the starting line-up , even if it were true ?

Why would a manager say that Aarron Lennon told him just five minutes before stepping out for a Champions League quarter final, that he couldnt play as he was to ill and that disrupted everything , when the player had been ill for days and told him on the morning of the game he wouldnt make it ..?

Oh yeah .... We got tonked 5-1 at home to Man City and Real Madrid tore us one 4-0 ....

Harry is a bluffer , he's deflecting ...Takes the credit when things are going well and when it dont go so good , blames everything and everyone else ...

I know who I'd much rather see, shown the door by Wednesday..

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:09

totalytot wrote: I have certainly changed my mind on the Modric situation. I always believed that if he stayed...and I didn't think he would...He would knuckle down and play to the best of his ability but I have changed my mind now and don't believe he will especially as we have been beaten badly in our first two games.

He has to be sold, it will be to late now to get anybody to replace him oF any real class and we will probably be left with other peoples cast offs, like Bellamy and Cole but I really believe we need to get shot of him and move on. It looks like we are going to really struggle this year and him staying could make it a lot worse.

Take the 40 mil and plan now to spend it wisely in January and just hope we're not in a relegation struggle by then.

Mikey M

We wont be in a relegation battle mikey, but we also wont be in a cl challenging position.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:29

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    MAXIMUS wrote:Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has revealed Chelsea target Luka Modric requested not to play in Sunday's humiliation at home to Manchester City.

Why would a manager come out with saying Modric wanted to be left out of the starting line-up , even if it were true ?

Why would a manager say that Aarron Lennon told him just five minutes before stepping out for a Champions League quarter final, that he couldnt play as he was to ill and that disrupted everything , when the player had been ill for days and told him on the morning of the game he wouldnt make it ..?

Oh yeah .... We got tonked 5-1 at home to Man City and Real Madrid tore us one 4-0 ....

Harry is a bluffer , he's deflecting ...Takes the credit when things are going well and when it dont go so good , blames everything and everyone else ...

Yeah you !
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:42

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

Yeah you ![/quot

Get lol! nice one Lew that made me laugh ... You're now officialy, after your latest hissy , the Adel of the forum or is it Ghaly, perhaps, Kevin the Harry Enfield kid? lol!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:50

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]
    lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

Yeah you ![/quot

Get lol! nice one Lew that made me laugh ... You're now officialy, after your latest hissy , the Adel of the forum or is it Ghaly, perhaps, Kevin the Harry Enfield kid? lol!

Glad you appreciated it mr ardiles ! by the way ? why assume the name of a spurs legend ! bit ridiculous, being as you come across " the spurs forum snide " " oh look chaps, has he posted in the wrong section again " nah nah nah nah nah........big kid !lmao lmao Get Get
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:52

Come on lads, can we get this back on topic otherwise I will be locking this thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 00:17