The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
HotspurRoper
totalytot
MarkA249
Boycey
DJSR
BazSpur
ionman34
LOBO
12 posters

Luka Modric Thread

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Luka Modric Thread

Post by totalytot Thu Aug 18 2011, 20:18

BazSpur wrote:If Modric is sold it will mean we can never trust Levy again and certainly not Redknapp. I don't know. I am sick of all this. We are a selling club everyone else might as well queue up.

I agree Baz. The big worry is that the impetus and good work of last season could be for nothing cos' we keep P*ssing about.
    Most companies in business look to expand at the right time once they are past the survival stage. Tottenham Hotspur PLC are well past the survival stage and should now be looking to expand. But at the moment we are just marking time.

Mikey M

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 18 2011, 21:07

I am well p*ssed off Mikey. We take em in, they become big stars and some other club comes in and says thanks, we'll take him. f*ck that mate, it aint on.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 00:09

Am I the only one who is sick to death of redknapp blabbering to the
    media! FFs keep ur mouth shut for a while, instead of all this talk do
    something to strengthen the team, he must hav one of the easiest
    managers jobs in thenpremier league, cause he seems to have an awful
    amount of time on his hands, between writing columns in newspaper making
    Adverts and constant tv and radio interviews were does he fit in the
    time to train the squad, ? I can't think of any other manager that does
    so much for media etc, so what exactly is he doing for thfc, all it
    seems to me is this he is getting his excuses ready incase the start of
    the season goes tits up, and can only b aggravating out chairman in the
    process, !

How many windows has it been now since we hav spent any significant
    money? Is this because mr levy is building a little chest of money for
    our new manager? I'm sure levy has already a new man picked because it
    is enevitable that redknapp will leave for england or get sacked, who
    will this be? I still for some reason think it will b mourinho, look at
    his antics last night again this could b his last season in Spain, he
    had wanted to sign ade but now apparently we will, is levy getting in
    targets that a new manager has identified?

Took us ages to sign bloody Friedel,what on earth makes you think we
    would go out and get 3 or 4 more players Harry. And even then, I expect
    you to buy 3 or 4 average old players.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Aug 19 2011, 13:43

MODRIC

IS

GOING

NOWHERE.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Aug 19 2011, 17:01

Sorry Ion, i didnt catch that............. Wheres he going??? lmao

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 21:29

Nowhere FC lol. They is big in Uzbekistan.
    Copy & pasted below an interview with Kevin Bond . . . . .

Tottenham assistant manager Kevin Bond expects midfielder Luka Modric to stay at White Hart Lane.

The club have rejected bids of £22m and £27m over the summer for the Croatian from London rivals Chelsea.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has repeatedly insisted the 25-year-old is not for sale at any price, amid reports of a new £30m bid from the Blues.

Bond told BBC Radio 5 live: "He [Levy] has made it clear that Modric will stay and I think that's what will happen."
    "The chairman's made it quite clear that Luka won't be leaving the football club, and probably I don't see that changing at all."

Modric was left out of the side that demolished Hearts 5-0 in the Europa League play-off on Thursday night.

Former Bournemouth boss Bond said this was because of a thigh injury, adding: "There's a possibility he might be fit for Manchester United on Monday."

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has in the past admitted that it could be in the club's interest to let the 25-year-old leave and spend the transfer fee on reinforcing their squad.

Meanwhile, Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has said owner Roman Abramovich will make the final decision on whether the club make another bid for Modric before the transfer window closes.
    The Portuguese coach is already exploring alternatives to Modric, hinting Chelsea would not be held to ransom over the Croatia star and that billionaire owner Abramovich would veto any move if he believed that to be the case.

Villas-Boas said: "It doesn't depend on me. It's not my money.

"It depends on a lot of things. It depends on the club's decision, if they are willing to go forward or not, up to which value, and to decide whether they want to keep the interest in the player.

"Luka, on this particular occasion, is a young player but there would be for sure a sensible price to pay."

Villas-Boas last week revealed he was attempting to sign two midfielders before the August 31 deadline.

As well as Modric, he has been linked with Valencia's Juan Mata, Liverpool's Raul Meireles, Porto's Joao Mourinho and the latter's wing-back team-mate Alvaro Pereira.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 19 2011, 22:03

I hope you're right ion.I really hope Levy takes a stand on this.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 Empty Kevin Bond insists Modric will stay.

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 20 2011, 00:31

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14590055.stm

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 00:35

BazSpur wrote:I am well p*ssed off Mikey. We take em in, they become big stars and some other club comes in and says thanks, we'll take him. f*ck that mate, it aint on.

I have now accepted that it is what will happen baz ! i dont mean in this particular modric case but whenever we uncover a star player.
    Its the way football has been for years now and has made the prem so uncompetitive, and open to an elite few to win the title.
    Someone once posted on here that we do the same, well we do, dont we, bale from southampton, kyle walker from sheff utd it goes on and shows the pecking order of the football world in general.
    You can give a player a 6 year contract and it means nothing, only a big pay out if that player does a berbatov and refuses to play for you.
    Having said that modric doesnt come across in the berbatov mould, but if we dont make cl next season and give him a whopping pay rise then i reckon he is gone.
    I long for those old first division days, the 1960s and 1970s, it wasnt so money orientated then, you had the likes of derby, ipswich, notts forest as well as liverpool winning the title, it gave everyone a fair go in those days.
    Hey ho !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 20 2011, 21:06

Diarra is the perfect fit – but where does it leave Modric?

LASSANA DIARRA is set to quit Real Madrid for Spurs as Harry Redknapp bolsters his midfield ranks.

With Brazilian star Sandro currently injured and Luka Modric
    the subject of much transfer speculation, Redknapp is closing in on a
    move for Diarra.

The former Arsenal and Chelsea man will join William Gallas in having played for all three clubs.

He will also link up again with Jermain Defoe who he played with at Portsmouth, under Redknapp.

And he’ll be reunited with Rafael van der Vaart who joined Spurs from Real Madrid last summer.

Undoubtedly the ideal scenario for Spurs is that Modric stays,
    leaving Redknapp with four top quality centre-midfielders to pick from.

Diarra, Modric, Sandro and Huddlestone – any two from that quartet
    could control most Premier League matches, the hardest thing would be to
    select a first-choice pairing.

A combination of Diarra and Sandro promises much, particularly if
    Diarra recaptures the form he showed for Portsmouth in the Premier
    League.

Equally Diarra and Modric is a tantalising proposition. Two great ball carriers, both capable of putting their foot in.

And Sandro and Modric proved a force last season when paired together.

In addition, depending on tactics and fitness of other players,
    Diarra, Sandro and Modric could play together in a seriously imposing
    three, behind a lone front man.

If Modric goes, Diarra becomes a very good replacement but forward
    strides are not being made, unless chairman Daniel Levy uses the funds
    to bring in more quality players to boost the squad before the window
    shuts.

Midfield options

Modric?, Diarra?

Sandro, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Livermore

Surplus to requirements?

Palacios, Jenas

ShareThis

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 21:51

OLD RED NOSE .......

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson understands the predicament that Tottenham counterpart Harry Redknapp finds himself in with regards Luka Modric's future.

Modric is a target of Chelsea, who have seen bids of £22 million and £27 million rejected by Tottenham who, at the start of the summer, were adamant that the Croatian would not be sold.

However, Redknapp this week admitted the sale of Modric would fund a number of recruitments, thus improving his squad numbers for the new 2011-12 season as the club compete on several fronts including the Europa League.

Ferguson said: "Tottenham have said they're never going to sell him. That's what Daniel Levy has said.

"But then you've a feeling if someone comes in with the right offer he will be sold, and that's difficult for Harry, to work out Daniel Levy's thinking.

"I know Harry wants to bring in a couple of players, no doubt about that, because what he has achieved the last couple of seasons has been brilliant. So it has been difficult for Harry getting through the summer not quite sure what's going to happen.

"It could yet happen before the window closes he gets two or three players in, and I think he's hoping for that. I listened to him on the radio saying he could get four players in for the money. That's what he is thinking.

"In other words, giving him a bigger squad to compete in all the tournaments Spurs are in, and to challenge for the Premier League. So he was looking at improving his options."

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21 2011, 08:18

omdz how much bigger can our squad get lol

its not question of needing more players its more using them.

theres times last season we could of done with ohara bentley gio and kranker

but we run bale and co into the ground

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 06:59

Harry Redknapp has told talkSPORT that any Chelsea move for Luka Modric is dead now that the Blues have signed Juan Mata.
    Reports tonight suggest Andre Villas-Boas’ side have agreed a deal to sign the Spanish international from Valencia.
    And after fighting what looked like a losing battle to hold on to his star man this summer, Redknapp revealed to the Press Pass that he was now confident of keeping Modric.
    “Chelsea have signed him?” he said. “I didn’t know that. Well, I would think that’s the end of the Modric deal then, surely. I would [think the Mata deal has killed the Modric move]. I had no idea about that.
    “We tried to get [Mata] to be honest with you. We were in for him strong about three weeks ago.
    “I was driving back from the pre-season game with Brighton and the chairman said that he was confident he was going to sign the boy that night.
    “He obviously turned it down but [the Chelsea move] has come out of the blue.”
    Redknapp added that Spurs are planning to sit down with Modric to discuss a new deal in a renewed attempt to pacify his desire to move away from White Hart Lane.
    “I think Daniel [Levy] has said he will sit down with Luka in a month or so and have a chat with him and a look at his contract.
    “I want to keep him for sure. I just felt that if he didn’t want to be here that much that maybe we might have to sell him. If people don’t want to play for you, you might have to sell him and go and get three or four players in.
    “As a player I couldn’t be happier to keep Luka Modric, he’s a fantastic footballer and as I’ve said many times you couldn’t meet a nicer boy.”

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 07:18

why was we looking at mata and not a striker.

why give modric more money hes cot 5 years left
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 22 2011, 08:34

makes your blood boil dont it,creeping little git is gonna sit down with levy, have his ego massaged to get a better deal possibly, now chelsea might not want him.this is the player who rubbished our team to go to one with "ambition".i suppose now we will hear how he wants to stay to fight for spurs getting into champs lge, do me a favour luka, f*ck off quick and shut the door behind you and leave it to others to get their chances ( livermore ? ) go now before you poison any others. "there used to be a football club over there", yeah before players like modric/ berbatov were born.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 08:42

did you hear what livermoor said after scoring aganst barcelona last year.
    the comentator said how does it feel to score aganst the best team in the world and hes reply was i play for the best team in the world lol
    i find it sick modric going to get even more money,

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 08:46

LOL Shear take it he ain't top of ya Christmas card list no more . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 22 2011, 08:59

yeah vis i cant take much more of it, i admire levy for making this stand and hope it dont backfire on him, at least hes got the club at heart. but i just cant face clapping modric knowing he dont really want to play for us, turns my stomach to be honest mate.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:15

Levy for both of us Shear. If Modric wins us the league then I will kiss him & hug him & call him George. Otherwise I'm with you mate. He seems to think Chelsea Blue is preferable to Navy Blue ? Well let's see . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:29

He never put in a transfer request though Shear did he to be honest. I don't think it was ever about the money it was CL that he wanted and I always said that if he stayed.....and I never thought he would....he would play his best for us and the support he got from the crowd when he played the other week was tremendous.

You have to remember that no player is loyal to one club any more and they all move on either for more money or medals. So you take them for what you get out of them as they will with you. If you only had players who wanted to play for us and never move you wouldn't be able to put a team together.

When they score a goal or win a match and run down to the home end and clap you, you don't believe they really love you do you. In six months they could be doing it for some other team. Personally I don't give a toss whether they think we are the best club in the world or not...as long as I do..... but I do care that they play to the best of their ability every time they put a Spurs shirt on and try to win us the title and Europe.

I want all our best players to stay, not to play happy families but to show the rest that we mean business and we have a great side.

If Mata to Chelsea is true then I can't see anybody else coming in for Modric at this late stage....which means I will owe Ion a fiver which I will be really happy to pay....and I believe he will have a great season. Whether he will be here next season is another matter but hopefully we could be in CL by then.

Mikey M
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:53

thought he did put in a transfer request, cos harry said it makes no difference whether it on a bit of paper or not. listen if he wants to go i would rather he go , but there are certain ways of doing it. why slate our club? that he was happy with for a few years to get in the limelight, just keep his views to himself if were not big enough for him then fair enough but to tell us chelsea are bigger and more ambitious, then do we really need to have it rubbed in. i will be there this season as will you mikey but to cheer on some player who you know his heart is not in it, then if we win something or top 4 and see his false celebrating, sorry not for me mate, i will cheer on the ones who mean it for that moment.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 10:20

but chelsea aint bigger anymore. we play better football, we was above them for most part of last season.

they wont win the league because there team is too old and they have the best striker but whats the point when hes starved of service. if torres was at spurs im sure the guy would be happy .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 22 2011, 10:22

Luka Modric's 'head is not right' to face Man Utd says Harry Redknapp

Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 _54731330_fh7zjlwy

Modric joined Spurs from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008

Luka Modric will not face
    Manchester United on Monday night because "his head's not in the right
    place", according to Spurs boss Harry Redknapp.

Tottenham have turned down bids of £22m and £27m from Chelsea for the 25-year-old Croatian midfielder.

Modric has hinted he wants to leave White Hart Lane, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy insists he won't sell at any price.

"He's not playing," said Redknapp. "His head's not in the right place."
    <blockquote>Luka's got to get on with it now and hopefully have another good season for us
    </blockquote>
    Harry Redknapp

The Tottenham manager told talkSPORT: "We need him playing, he's very important to us, so we have to sort it out."

Redknapp believes Chelsea's capture of Valencia midfielder Juan Mata on Sunday for £23.5m will affect the situation.

"I would think that's the end of the Modric deal surely," he said.

"The chairman is away. He's said he (Modric) is not for sale, so that's where we're at with it.

"I think he's made up his mind he's not going to sell him, no matter what the price.

"Luka's got to get on with it now and hopefully have another good season for us.

"Daniel (Levy) said he would like to sit down with Luka in a month or so when it's all died down a bit."

Redknapp confirmed he is still looking to bring more players in before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

And he hasn't ruled out organising a loan deal for Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

"I think we'll make a couple of signings, for sure," he said.

"I saw (City chief executive) Garry Cook and he said there were one or two snags over the money.

"We're not paying all his wages, that's for sure, so I don't know where that one's at just now."

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 10:27

hes heads not right lol levy should dock hes money then. unless theres still a chance chelsea wil bid for him i can see no reason that he should not be in the sqaud to face the mancs.

at least harry seems confident we will bring in some new faces

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 11:05

i think that cup shirt looks better then the league one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 00:49