The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
HotspurRoper
totalytot
MarkA249
Boycey
DJSR
BazSpur
ionman34
LOBO
12 posters

Luka Modric Thread

Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Luka Modric Thread

Post by Boycey Mon Aug 22 2011, 15:20

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes heads not right lol levy should dock hes money then. unless theres still a chance chelsea wil bid for him i can see no reason that he should not be in the sqaud to face the mancs.

at least harry seems confident we will bring in some new faces

I read that Chelsea has put in another bid for £30 Million and now Modric doesnt want to play for us again, this is getting to the point where we are going to have to cut out losses.....I Know we shouldnt be selling out best players but No player is bigger than the team and this will only start to affect the squad. But on the other hand do we as a club take a stand against the players who sign contracts for 6 years and then get their heads turned with more money and want to leave? Its a double edged sword i know.....Whats best for the team is what we need to do !!!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 17:24

Tottenham rebel Luka Modric has virtually demanded a transfer from White Hart Lane after refusing to travel for Monday’s night Premier League clash against Manchester United.

‘The Sun’ reported that Modric went on strike on Sunday as Chelsea lodged an official £30 million bid for the wantaway Tottenham star following on the heels of securing Valenica winger Juan Manuel Mata.

The Spurs midfielder has told boss Harry Redknapp he has no intention of playing for the club again.

Redknapp had hoped Modric would be fit for Old Trafford after beating a minor groin injury.

Yet he claimed on Sunday night: “Someone has turned Luka’s head. Luka will not be with us tomorrow.

“He has a bit of an injury he could have played through but his head’s not in the right place at present."
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Aug 22 2011, 17:57

Get him out now ive had enough of him showing disrespect to his teamates and us the fans need to sell him this week so Arry can get his four players in who he said we would sign yes he is class but no player is bigger than the club COYS
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 22 2011, 20:36

gonna make levy look rather stupid if he sells him though

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 00:14

Berbatov revisited.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 23 2011, 00:23

It's difficult though, what do we do? Sell him and get him out of our club because he will cause nothing but trouble or make him wait until January or maybe next Summer. We all know he will go in the end unless we get top 4 and perhaps even then he will still go. Once again we are being held to ransom by a footballer who has had his head turned by another club. Make a stand or let him go? .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Aug 23 2011, 01:24

Make a stand, stick him on the bench for the whole season, untill he makes a public apology to the spurs fans. If Spurs sell, the fans wont believe in Levy or anything he says anymore.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Aug 23 2011, 01:36

yeah make him sweat it out. prove a point and play others in his position. make him train with the reserves till jan then sell the rat abroad.love to see him sitting on the sidelines grovelling to be played as a sub in 2 months time.dont give in now daniel or he will be laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of your integrity and position
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Aug 23 2011, 02:05

Mark my words Modric will be sold , Redknapp don't and won't want to work with anyone not committed to the cause no matter who they are, Modric wont appear in the spurs ever again..sorry ion but being a businessmen i would have thought you would have seen this coming, and from what im hearing he will be sold for 30mill plus player being sturridge which to be honest wouldn't be so bad ..sorry but Modric for me has shown no desire or made a statement saying he will stay ..he can feck off as far as im concerned and you guys better prepare your selfs cos business is business and levy is nothing more than a glorified accountant
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Aug 23 2011, 02:20

i dont want to see him in spurs shirt anymore but i want him to suffer before he goes maybe jan.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Aug 23 2011, 02:22

Levy should keep him and have him train on his own ....

With the EURO 2012 next summer , the ball is back in his court...

And the Chavs are now offering Sturridge ? Dont think so ...Its Benayoun...

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 02:58

I have said all along keep him & sit him in the stands if needs be. If he has refused to travel then he should be fined. It's time for Redknapp to stop making excuses for hom and kick Modric's butt into line . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 03:18

LOBO wrote:Mark my words Modric will be sold , Redknapp don't and won't want to work with anyone not committed to the cause no matter who they are, Modric wont appear in the spurs ever again..sorry ion but being a businessmen i would have thought you would have seen this coming, and from what im hearing he will be sold for 30mill plus player being sturridge which to be honest wouldn't be so bad ..sorry but Modric for me has shown no desire or made a statement saying he will stay ..he can feck off as far as im concerned and you guys better prepare your selfs cos business is business and levy is nothing more than a glorified accountant

Lob that made me laugh ! levy a glorified accountant.
    you cant blame levy for a footballer wanting out to another club for 3 x times the wages and cl, berbatov did the same and levy got the blame, but his hands were tied.
    Levy can bleat all he likes about keeping players, but player power is immense these days.
    Stick the thieving little croat in the reserves, fine the f*cker a months wages, keep him away from the first team, make him a fcking example that to sign for six years means six years.
    Finally report chelsea, they have created the situation, make them responsible that a player now refuses to play for the club that employs him, levy should take it up a level.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Aug 23 2011, 03:23

lewspurs wrote:
    LOBO wrote:Mark my words Modric will be sold , Redknapp don't and won't want to work with anyone not committed to the cause no matter who they are, Modric wont appear in the spurs ever again..sorry ion but being a businessmen i would have thought you would have seen this coming, and from what im hearing he will be sold for 30mill plus player being sturridge which to be honest wouldn't be so bad ..sorry but Modric for me has shown no desire or made a statement saying he will stay ..he can feck off as far as im concerned and you guys better prepare your selfs cos business is business and levy is nothing more than a glorified accountant

Lob that made me laugh ! levy a glorified accountant.
    you cant blame levy for a footballer wanting out to another club for 3 x times the wages and cl, berbatov did the same and levy got the blame, but his hands were tied.
    Levy can bleat all he likes about keeping players, but player power is immense these days.
    Stick the thieving little croat in the reserves, fine the f*cker a months wages, keep him away from the first team, make him a fcking example that to sign for six years means six years.
    Finally report chelsea, they have created the situation, make them responsible that a player now refuses to play for the club that employs him, levy should take it up a level.

Agreed !!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 03:42

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has hinted that he would be willing to play Luka Modric in Thursday's Europa League game against Hearts - a move that could end Chelsea's pursuit of the player.

Modric is not in Tottenham's squad for Monday's Barclays Premier League opener against Manchester United after Redknapp revealed that the player had become unsettled by Chelsea's overtures.

On Modric's future, Redknapp said: "I don't think he's played his last game for us, I want him to play for us against Manchester City on Sunday, he's a good player and we need him out there for us. We've got Hearts on Thursday too and I'd love to get a game into him."

He added: "I can see Chelsea continuing to chase Luka but we really want to keep him and we hope we can add one or two players to our squad to make us stronger."

The Blues are reported to have lodged a bid of £30million - their third offer of the summer - for the Croatian, who is determined to join Andre Villas-Boas' side despite Spurs' insistence that he is not for sale.

But playing Modric in the Europa League would mean that he would not be eligible to play for Chelsea in the Champions League - something which could put the Blues off their pursuit of the player given the importance that owner Roman Abramovich places on that competition.

Nevertheless, Redknapp is determined to hand Modric his first start of the season soon and hopes to help persuade Modric to remain at White Hart Lane by bringing in at least two players who he thinks will aid the club's push for a Champions League place.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Aug 23 2011, 04:53

thats it then , play him thurs, let him cry all he wants. redknapp should stop all the tit bit feeding to the media, just play him thurs and thats that
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Aug 23 2011, 05:52

This little ba---rd is a big trouble maker in my book. The crowd gave him a great reception a couple of weeks ago, there were many of you asking should the crowd get on his back or show how much they wanted him to stay, well the crowd certainly showed how much they wanted him to stay and this ba---rd has thrown the cheers of those supporters right back down their throat's. I agree with Lew when he said Chelsea should be reported for getting us into this situation and I can not understand why Levy has not done so after all he was going to when United kept up their pressure on Berbatov to leave us untill they gave us a bribe to stop us taking action. So, if he will not take action against Chelsea, does this not prove that deep down he wants to do buisness with them and that all he is trying to do is get as much money as he can get out of them for Modric, but he want's the supporters to believe he is making a stand. Modric is going on strike, when you are on strike you do not get paid, therefore Levy should let him rot for the next five years, tell him he is not going to play or get paid because he is on strike, and that he is not to enter the ground.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 06:54

Lil Luka the one man picket-line . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 23 2011, 10:39

MODRIC.

IS.

GOING.

NOWHERE.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 11:01

you tell them ion lol

but harry got to stop giving the media scraps.

why say hes head is not right. thats just given chelsea more reason to bid again.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Tue Aug 23 2011, 15:13

I really am beginning to think now that he will be gone before Thursday.....Or if not Thursday then before the Man City game. It is time that a line is drawn under this...either sell him or not. Luka needs to come out and say something himself to the press, I for one dont want to see him in a spurs shirt again. Yes he is an outstanding player but i would rather see a player who isnt as good(but not far off) but wants to wear the shirt with pride, than see someone like Luka who is being made to stay but wants to be somewhere else.
    The team needs stability behind the scenes as much as on the field,so this cant be doing it much good at the moment...
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Aug 23 2011, 21:08

Harry saying in this mornings paperModric will stay ay WHL arguing it would be embarrassing for Levy oif he were sold now. Goes on that selling him so late in the window would leave him no time to sign replacement(s).
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 23 2011, 21:19

f*ck him, stick him on the bench and let him rot til next Summer. Then sell him aborad. 35 mill and Benayoum is an insult anyway. 35 mill and Torres and we might be interested. Luka Modric Thread - Page 3 752836

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 00:36

yep thats all we need is another striker whos been sh*t for 2 years.

at least darren bent scores wherever he goes

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 00:50

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 02:17