The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Match Thread Vs Man United

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Man United

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 23 2011, 08:57

I think the end result shows there is still a big difference between us and the top 4. And while the others have been strengthening with perhaps the exception being Arsenal we have stood still, most notably a lack of a class striker or two.
    It will probably be our usual last minute panic buying with somebody like Rodallega from Wigan Nikumpoop from WBA because they are cheap and available.

I think Levy has a lot to answer for with his poor and inefectual dealings in the transfer market and I'm afraid Harry is just a lap dog to the Chairman and has no teeth.

I know it's only the first game but we should have had new signings in place and ready to start the season with a bang not a whimper. Remember the last 3rd of last season was more like relegation form than top 4 but Levy doesn't seem to see that or perhaps he doesn't care as long as we have money in the bank.

2 or 3 bad games at the start of this season could see a real drop in confidence with the team and the Modric situation is dragging us down. I thought he would be professional about things and get on with the job and maybe he would leave next season if we didn't make champions league but it seems he has thrown his toys out the pram and refused to play. So the club have no choice but to let him go.

0-0 at half time covers over the cracks. Utd didn't really threaten until the second half but once they scored and you just knew they would they were always going to get more.They always see us as a soft touch and we showed them to much respect again. I thought we would really go for them but again no decent striker to worry them.
    The next few weeks will be very interesting and a little worrying to say the least.

Mikey M
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:03

VisionarySound wrote:Lobs the 1st half we were more then Utd's match, now if you can't take a positive from outplaying Utd at Old Trafford for a long period then you want the moon on a stick mate . . . . .

I hardly think we outplayed them in the 1st half Vis. they were poor and so were we. The difference was they got better and we didn't. I agree with Lobs there were no positives for me.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:15

Ye Gods it's going to be a long season for you guys . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:walker went off because he couldnt handle the man u attacking players.
    harry brought charlie on to deal with them,

No he didn't. Walker went off because he was ill. He'd been ill all day with a stomach bug and threw up at half time.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:39

VisionarySound wrote:Ye Gods it's going to be a long season for you guys . . . .

Not really Vis a couple of good wins against good opposition and the season will seem a lot shorter.

Mikey M

Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 Empty Ratings v Man U

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 10:58

Friedel. 8 done very well. felt less nerveous with him in goal
    walker. harry says he was ill. so why play him
    dawson. 5 lost rooney for the 3rd. awfull poistioning
    kaboul 7 good game, read the play so well
    ekotto. 7 mr cool

lennon. 7. should of past to vdv.
    livermoor8 done wel but tired
    kranker 6 nice passing in the 1sthalf but got really tired and should of been replaced sooner
    bale. 2 was he signing autographs. he was a disgrace
    vde. 5 mr greedy. he tookd corners and wasted them. took free kicks and did the same and shooting from stupid angles,

defoe,8 held the ball up well. worked hes socks off, just wish he would shoot more

subs 7charlie at half time. keypt young at bay
    pav came on for last 15 mins and had a shot blocked and a great flick to put vdv through.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Aug 23 2011, 17:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:bang on lobo again we bottle it, man u make shif defence and keeper hardly had any problems all night.

vdv mr greedy
    defoe wouldnt shoot and cant score away at big grounds.

was bale playing lol.

and harry makes changes on 74 mins lol
    hudd should of been on at half time for kranker.

positives brad and kaboul livermoor

Makeshift defence for god sake they had Evra Jones 16.5 mil whos going to be future England Captain who was Quality Evans who is young and a International and Smalling who cost about 10 mil and who is quality and u know the keeper is not as bobbins as everyone makes out. The goals was all crap defending Bale who was shocking didnt close down quick enough just watched him Kaboul got sucked in for the 2nd and didnt watch the run of Anderson and the last one they all stood around as if they was waiting for a picture

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 21:29

I was a little surprised that in the absense of sandro that palacios didnt beef up the midfield, unless he is injured ?
    Radio 5 commentators were saying every time vdv got the ball he gave he it away.

They also reckoned spurs ran out of steam through lack of fitness, but how many games more have man utd played ?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 00:33

so walker stil couldnt handle them. harry shouldnt of started them.

and how much did our players cost aswell.

bale again went missing, has he had a good prem league game this year

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 03:39

I still cant get Harry .He talks tough but he is a f**king pussy when it
    comes to big decisions.VDV was as sh*t as i have seen him .How many
    shots did the bloke have from stupid angles and distance's when there
    was better options.And then was Lennon so poor .As it has been said many
    times .His final ball is shocking.If u are telling me Gio or Townsend
    could do worse than him then that is Bollox.Also Bale tonight very
    greedy and for the most ineffective.
    .If that was Fergie he would have taken the
    players of and replaced them with so called lesser player's without
    batting a eye lid.We have injuries yes but so did ManU so we cant blame
    that.Im my opinion we r so ineffective against teams .Still knocking
    high balls into the box and long cross field passes that get cut
    out.Playing down the wing and knocking pointless
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Aug 24 2011, 06:38

It's still only the first game but it shows what some of us thought anyway that there are to many average players in the team or at least players that are no way consistent enough. Fergie's sides are always consistent and reliable even when they have the odd off game they still manage to pull it off in the end.

The top sides have a good balance, we to often seem unbalanced and that's down to the manager in my opinion.

We still have that soft centre and teams play us and always believe they can get a result against us. We are not feared like top sides are feared.

We need a tough no nonsense MF player.....I would take Parker.... a reliable CD....Cahill... and at least one top striker, take your pick if we can get them to come to us.

That's the other point if we have such a great squad why can't we offload some of them. We can't seem to give them away and yet players from lower clubs and clubs even in the championship are selling well. Nobody wants, Bentley,Jenas,Crouch, Pav etc so that must tell us something.

With or without Modric this team will suffer this year if we don't get in at least 4 players and we have just a week to do it.

Mikey M
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Aug 24 2011, 08:29

totalytot wrote:
    It's still only the first game but it shows what some of us thought anyway that there are to many average players in the team or at least players that are no way consistent enough. Fergie's sides are always consistent and reliable even when they have the odd off game they still manage to pull it off in the end.

The top sides have a good balance, we to often seem unbalanced and that's down to the manager in my opinion. We still have that soft centre and teams play us and always believe they can get a result against us. We are not feared like top sides are feared.

We need a tough no nonsense MF player.....I would take Parker.... a reliable CD....Cahill... and at least one top striker, take your pick if we can get them to come to us.

That's the other point if we have such a great squad why can't we offload some of them. We can't seem to give them away and yet players from lower clubs and clubs even in the championship are selling well. Nobody wants, Bentley,Jenas,Crouch, Pav etc so that must tell us something.

With or without Modric this team will suffer this year if we don't get in at least 4 players and we have just a week to do it.

Mikey M

I agree with the part that I've bold text Mickey.. Harry is just to intransigent in his formations for my liking ....

Last night, Harry's midfield options were not what he would've liked with both Sandro and Modric missing but to play the same game as if they were out there, just shows me Harry's limitations ...

Livermore's full debut away to the champions is a big ask and to put him in a central midfield of VDV and Kranjcar who are neither reknowned for their tackling or their ability to get up and down the pitch, to my eyes was foolish, bordering on naivety....Livermore with say Kaboul alongside him or perhaps even Jenas in two holding positions rather than him being alone , I could understand ...
    Having said that, they did okay in the first half but then, United were yet to go up a gear at that stage ..

Furthermore, once Livermore's game faded , to substitute him For Huddlestone and have him pair up with, VDV in the middle and still have Bale and Lennon hugging the sidelines as if Sandro and Modric were out there in the middle, is lunacy... Our pressing game then just fell apart with Cleverley , Anderson and Rooney just running with the ball past them ....

Like you say its the first game , away to the champions , the team we always surrender too but I'm thinking the manager is just not upto it tacticly without his top players . I'm afraid to say , I suspect plenty of lesser premeirship managers than Ferguson will find him out , just as they did last season ...

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Aug 26 2011, 00:35

Found this on another forum .... Highlights what I were worried about ...If you dont press the opponent high up the pitch their players against our midfield minus the likes of Sandro, end up looking like Messi ...

Match Thread Vs Man United - Page 3 Andorunxjmq

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 17:46