The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
LOBO
shearspur
Boltjean
BazSpur
8 posters

WTF is Redknapp doing.

WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF is Redknapp doing.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:40

so arnie baz phillip opininions are not respected.

i think they are right to have a moan about harry and the way he conducts himself in interviews
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:02

An excellent negotiating technique states 'First seek to understand, then be understood.'

To do that on this forum you'd actually require an open mind and display the ability to read, absorb and answer the points put forward by other posters.

I've had some on here attempt to ridicule me because I break down each point posted and answer them in full.

Seek to understand then be understood.

You, Lought, never do this.

Why?

Because you have no interest whatsoever in anything posted by anyone else unless it happens to agree, or be in line, with what you believe. I've lost count of the number of times I've torn apart a negative viewpoint, put forward by you, only for you to completely ignore it and repeat the same tired old negative drivel you peddle on here on a daily basis.

You want to know why so few post here?

Find a mirror, you need look no further.

Of course other sites have negative posters, fortunately enough they are hugely outnumbered by the positive ones. The Bill Nick forum only ever had a small community and was looking to attract other members. Why, in Gods name, would they want to post on here when all they get is a constant diet of negativity and posts slagging off the team, the management, the Chairman and just about anything else associated with Spurs? They'd be forgiven for thinking they'd landed on a goon board. Many of the positive posters have now gone from here. Small wonder

I post less and less on here because I really can't be bothered any more. The arguments amount to the same thing every time and the majority of posts are basically on what players should be dropped, which should be sold, when the manager should be sacked, how inept his formations/team selections etc are and a host of other non supportive posts.

The only people who would be willing to join here a further negative 'non supporters'.

I'll leave it at that now. I have no expectation that this will make the slightest impression on you. You'd need to read it and understand it first and we all know that ignoring a contrary stance to yours is your M.O.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:28

ion just to show we are no different to any other board. Here's a link.

http://www.planetspurs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10224
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:38

• Michael Manning FordI
      think it's dumb for him to publicly contradict team management - shows
      dissention within our ranks, making us look poor, unprofessional, and
      easy to expose. That said, I do understand the sentiment. Levy's desire
      to save face may more harmful than
      helpful towards team morale. In some ways Harry had to say something, if
      for no other reason than to show guys in the locker room who are
      feeling the effects of all this infighting that somebody in the
      organization is actually concerned with how much the Levy v. Modric
      affair has detracted from their on-field focus and preparation.
    • 20 hours ago · Like

• WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 203338_1206516135_515877_qRichard Desira Harry
      did need to say something to the players, but not publicly. He can
      sympathize with the squad and Modric himself as much as he wants. But,
      this should be internal in private, not through the world-wide media.20 hours ago · Like

• WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 274205_583060388_4414931_qMichael Manning Ford yeah, that's a fair point. a mute button or jail time seem the only tenable solutions at this point ...20 hours ago · Like

• WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 203338_1206516135_515877_qRichard Desira It
      is customary for Tottenham and probably lots of other teams to have a
      press conference on Friday to discuss pertinant issues about the
      up-coming weekends game. Harry uses it as a sounding board for whatever
      the hell he likes. I bet Sandras Verukas are even brought up.20 hours ago · Like

• WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 202910_582257119_2089119_qJustin Kalman I
      love 'Arry. Poor b*stard has a half-melted face, definitely knows a
      bloke who knows a bloke, and is so willing to tell his players, current
      or former, to SACK UP or f*ck off.20 hours ago · Like

• WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 203338_1206516135_515877_qRichard Desira Agreed, but he should tell the player directly in private, and not indirectly through press conferences.20 hours ago · Like

• WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 203338_1206516135_515877_qRichard Desira Oh
      I hope he becomes England manager. With the current lack of quality in
      the England team, it would quickly become another Graham Taylor
      situation. But instead of the Turnip, it would be the Beetroot.20 hours ago · Like

• WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 2 41765_1642076779_4401_qRobert Campbell This
      fool seriously cannot keep his gob shut. He needs to win some football
      games or f*ck off. We lose tomorrow with Wolves and he is on thin
      ice.11 hours ago · Like

From Chicago Spurs , facebook.

Write a comment...
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:42

I can post you up others Baz, like I said, other forums have their negative posters too.

However, this one has a very small community of posters, virtually all of us part of the old AOHELL community and that community has been steadily whittled down by systematic negativity.

These Harry out posts are just the latest in a long line of constant negativity from the same posters time and time again. On other forums you might have certain posters who dislike Aitch, or Crouch or others. On here you have posters who dislike everyone and everything about the club.

And they're NOT gooners ........... Allegedly.

Say what you will, I've really lost interest. I Love my club and can see where mistakes are being made, I'm neither blind nor stupid.

What I have had a gutfull of is the constant putting down of absolutely everything associated with the club I love.

I've said my piece on this one now mate, I'll say no more as your link will just fuel the halfwitted 'See, I'm right' posts from those who haven't one single clue what the word 'Supporter' actually means.

They didn't understand it when they were screaming for Jols head and nothing has changed now.

Seriously mate, doesn't it strike you as a touch asinine that they're calling for him to be sacked just because he talks too much to the Press?

f*cking ridiculous and I really want no further part as it sickens me to my stomach.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:59

Only one poster on this thread has called for Harry to be sacked ion. When Harry came out with his idiots comment ion I remember you said "If he said it then he should go" well, he did say it. Do you still hold that view? It's not just that mate. He also said we have never had it so good when we finished 5th at the end of last season That is an insult to all the previous managers who have done far more for us than Harry has done. I am not calling for him to be sacked, far from it. Under Harry we have played some excellent attacking football but he should keep his comments to himself and get on with managing the team.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 11 2011, 02:03

ionman34 wrote:
    These Harry out posts are just the latest in a long line of constant negativity from the same posters time and time again. On other forums you might have certain posters who dislike Aitch, or Crouch or others. On here you have posters who dislike everyone and everything about the club.

And they're NOT gooners ........... Allegedly.

up the a-rse king lmao lmao lmao
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 11 2011, 02:53

BazSpur wrote:Only one poster on this thread has called for Harry to be sacked ion. When Harry came out with his idiots comment ion I remember you said "If he said it then he should go" well, he did say it. Do you still hold that view? It's not just that mate. He also said we have never had it so good when we finished 5th at the end of last season That is an insult to all the previous managers who have done far more for us than Harry has done. I am not calling for him to be sacked, far from it. Under Harry we have played some excellent attacking football but he should keep his comments to himself and get on with managing the team.

These Harry out posts are just the latest in a long line of constant negativity from the same posters time and time again.

This is what I posted Baz, yet you seem to think I'm only on about the Aitch out posts.

Constant negativity Baz, I don't give a flying f*ck whether it's or 100 caling for Harry's head, it's the constant slaughter of all things Spurs that I have a bug up my a*se about.

That is why the forum, which started off with a relatively high poster count, has gone extremely quiet.

I post on here because my friends are on here Many of them have left and it is as plain as the nose on your face why they have left.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 03:05

ionman34 wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Only one poster on this thread has called for Harry to be sacked ion. When Harry came out with his idiots comment ion I remember you said "If he said it then he should go" well, he did say it. Do you still hold that view? It's not just that mate. He also said we have never had it so good when we finished 5th at the end of last season That is an insult to all the previous managers who have done far more for us than Harry has done. I am not calling for him to be sacked, far from it. Under Harry we have played some excellent attacking football but he should keep his comments to himself and get on with managing the team.

These Harry out posts are just the latest in a long line of constant negativity from the same posters time and time again.

This is what I posted Baz, yet you seem to think I'm only on about the Aitch out posts.

Constant negativity Baz, I don't give a flying f*ck whether it's or 100 caling for Harry's head, it's the constant slaughter of all things Spurs that I have a bug up my a*se about.

That is why the forum, which started off with a relatively high poster count, has gone extremely quiet.

I post on here because my friends are on here Many of them have left and it is as plain as the nose on your face why they have left.

Ion ! i sometimes wonder why memories are so short, the debacle under ramos, the recovery from a redknapp team to reach top four,and last eight of cl, and then everything he says is analysed.
    Then levy is stuck with an unhappy player, and god forsake him if he decides to cash in.
    Been reading it all summer, along with the massive transfer influx of players that didnt happen.
    We have a good team, and i am happy with that, we havent got man city cash, we havent got man utd kudos where every player wants to go there, but we are doing alright.
    I cant understand why we just cant accept what we have and enjoy the season.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 11 2011, 03:20

lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

Ion ! i sometimes wonder why memories are so short, the debacle under ramos, the recovery from a redknapp team to reach top four,and last eight of cl, and then everything he says is analysed.
    Then levy is stuck with an unhappy player, and god forsake him if he decides to cash in.
    Been reading it all summer, along with the massive transfer influx of players that didnt happen.
    We have a good team, and i am happy with that, we havent got man city cash, we havent got man utd kudos where every player wants to go there, but we are doing alright.

As it happens Lew, I think Aitch is an absolute twat of the highest order with the constant 'meeja' whoring. He's really p*ssed me off with some of the stuff he's come out with.

But do I feel he should be sacked for being a gobshite?

No I don't.

I'll judge him on his results, same as every manager. Those results don't just equate to 3 points though. The results have to do with style of play, quality of the team and a number of other factors.

We had a bad end to last season and a really sh*tty start to this one, but we now have new personnel, and injured players to return, so he deserves, indeed he has earned, the right to be given the time to make it work with our new lineup.

Promising start so far and I'm looking forward to seeing the new formation with Parker & Sandro together. I'm also looking forward to seeing VDV and Adabad together as I think they'll be a dynamite combination.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 04:23

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

As it happens Lew, I think Aitch is an absolute twat of the highest order with the constant 'meeja' whoring. He's really p*ssed me off with some of the stuff he's come out with.

No I don't.

I'll judge him on his results, same as every manager. Those results don't just equate to 3 points though. The results have to do with style of play, quality of the team and a number of other factors.

We had a bad end to last season and a really sh*tty start to this one, but we now have new personnel, and injured players to return, so he deserves, indeed he has earned, the right to be given the time to make it work with our new lineup.

Promising start so far and I'm looking forward to seeing the new formation with Parker & Sandro together. I'm also looking forward to seeing VDV and Adabad together as I think they'll be a dynamite combination.

I think sandro and parker will be brilliant, and vdv and ade ! two very confident players who believe in themselves, ammunition coming from bale , lennon and modric, the defense fortified by the aforementioned.
    Great times...i am happy.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 05:04

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

No I don't.

Ion who has called for Redknapp to be sacked ? My bitch with him is as yours. His meeja whoring, to use your quote. He has acheived 4th & 5th place. Nothing wrong with that but he needs to stop sucking off the meeja every chance he gets. He complains and sends mixed messages. What must be remembered is that WE are lifelong Spurs fans he is not. We have Spurs in our blood whereas Redknapp thinks only of using our club as another step towards his goals of England job & meeja personality. I question his tactics & substitutions from time to time but my gripe is his use of Spurs fans, players and management to cover his shortcomings. We are Tottenham for life, Redknapp is just passing through and as fans we should be able to criticise and not be called closet goners or non-supporters for doing so . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 05:44

I certainly am not a closet gooner or a closet anything. I am Spurs through and through but that doesn't mean I can't say what I feel about our managers. As Vis says we have been with this club a lot longer than he has and will be when he is gone.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 11 2011, 06:00

this board is all about opinions of different posters, what people write on here does not affect any other posters true feelings of OUR club. i read what posters think and either agree , disagree, or am indifferent to it. i like the freedom to post on here what i feel and have a laugh and joke with others on the subjects. yeah we all get cross sometimes with things we read by others but does it really make any difference to anyone, its just an opinion by that poster in that moment in time. to take it to heart is over the top,if one wants h out thats their opinion and their not trying to persuade everyone else to go along with it. imagine if we all agreed on everything and how wonderful our club was being run, then i think it would be boring and lose posters. myself i love it .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 11 2011, 06:05

BazSpur wrote:I certainly am not a closet gooner or a closet anything. I am Spurs through and through but that doesn't mean I can't say what I feel about our managers. As Vis says we have been with this club a lot longer than he has and will be when he is gone.

^^^^^
    what he said

shearspur wrote: imagine if we all agreed on everything and how wonderful our club was being run, then i think it would be boring and lose posters. myself i love it .

well said shear cheers

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 06:38

Redknapp needs to remember that he isn't Tottenham. He isn't the clubs full history although he is now a part of it. He is not the club WE, THE FANS, ARE . . . . .

crest
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 11 2011, 12:55

Like I said, I really don't care any more and feel the desire to post on here less and less.

You lot seem to feel that I'm having a pop at the forum, so be it. If you are unable to read my posts properly that is your issue, and your problem, not mine.

The irony here is that those of you doing the defending have been the ones posting the most about the constant negativity in the past. Now you claim it is just opinion and defend it?

Do me a favour.

If you're happy with what you have then, again, so be it. I'm not though. We now have a win and everything is rosey in the garden of Hotspur........... Right up until the next loss, or the next Aitch soundbite, where the usuals will be slagging off everything Tottenham.

If you feel this is acceptable then crack on, don't be surprised when I don't go along with you there though.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 16:59

ionman34 wrote:Like I said, I really don't care any more and feel the desire to post on here less and less.

You lot seem to feel that I'm having a pop at the forum, so be it. If you are unable to read my posts properly that is your issue, and your problem, not mine.

The irony here is that those of you doing the defending have been the ones posting the most about the constant negativity in the past. Now you claim it is just opinion and defend it?

Do me a favour.

If you're happy with what you have then, again, so be it. I'm not though. We now have a win and everything is rosey in the garden of Hotspur........... Right up until the next loss, or the next Aitch soundbite, where the usuals will be slagging off everything Tottenham.

If you feel this is acceptable then crack on, don't be surprised when I don't go along with you there though.

Hi Ion, it will be a sad day if you dont post much on here, all i have read from you all summer has been positive, the real madrid link etc etc.
    I worked at a market place last year and it didnt matter how well spurs were doing in the champions league at the time one of the traders (a spurs supporter) was always moaning about something, one of his gripes was harry letting o,hara go , and harrys tactics during a game, there was always something, and i think it is one of those things with spurs fans that get us the title (fickle)
    We were unlucky to get the two manchester teams first up, not many will take points off those two teams this year, but a lot of spurs fans will see those results as evidence that the rot has set in and that harry is really a bad manager and lets move him out and get someone else in ! where have we seen all this before ?
    I can see what you mean about the forum and lack of posters, i was on coys the other day and couldnt believe the amount of threads and posts , but i will stick by this forum as i have been here a long time, and hope you stick with it too.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 20:02

Hi Baz, i think ion is correct that there has been a lot of negativity on here since the summer, and i am not 100% sure but i think its more than one person that has voiced an opinion that harry should go, if not that then broad hints that he should P*ss off.

It is an opinions board, but there is truth in that a lot of old posters dont contribute anymore and i suppose you have to ask why ?

I have been in contact with one ex poster who reckons its so negative he now goes elsewhere for spurs chat.

Its your baby baz ! nothing to do with me who posts what, and i shall continue to look in and say my bit, when i feel like it.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 22:00

I said only one poster on this thread Lew. OK assuming negativity is driving posters away. What can I do? I can't tell posters not to post their thoughts about Redknapp mate. It's up to them. Just have to hang on until Arry is gone which will probably be at the end of this season. No mate this forum will have to struggle along with the way it is. There is a lot of bad feeling about Arry all over the net as I pointed out to ion.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 11 2011, 22:12

BazSpur wrote:I said only one poster on this thread Lew. OK assuming negativity is driving posters away. What can I do? I can't tell posters not to post their thoughts about Redknapp mate. It's up to them. Just have to hang on until Arry is gone which will probably be at the end of this season. No mate this forum will have to struggle along with the way it is. There is a lot of bad feeling about Arry all over the net as I pointed out to ion.

I tell you this much Baz im a realist, i know full well redknapp is in his last season at this club, yes lets get behind him but the bloke is still a prize idiot the way he conducts himself to the world media , i wont be sad when hes gone in fact ill be very excited to see who will be the next manager, hopefully someone who can keep there trap shut for a change , as for now im behind redknapp cos the team comes first and my main concern is the club not one bloke.. until next may good luck arry then after gtfo lol lmao lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 22:20

Mate, I go on lots of different forums and especially the facebook pages. Redknapp is not universally liked and never has been. Posters on those pages are behind him for only one thing. The good of the team. As for Redknapp the vast majority cannot wait for him to leave. As far as I am concerned I am right behind him. I hope he gets us top 4 and wins a trpphy of some kind. We have played some lovely football under him and but for his ludicrous media whoring I have no problem with him.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 23:49

BazSpur wrote:I said only one poster on this thread Lew. OK assuming negativity is driving posters away. What can I do? I can't tell posters not to post their thoughts about Redknapp mate. It's up to them. Just have to hang on until Arry is gone which will probably be at the end of this season. No mate this forum will have to struggle along with the way it is. There is a lot of bad feeling about Arry all over the net as I pointed out to ion.

Have read it myself too baz ! but on coys it is mixed in amongst so many threads on other subjects, on here we dont get so many threads or posts and it seems to be always, or often about harry ! thank god crouch is gone otherwise he would still be getting a battering lol!
    As i said baz, its nothing to do with me, but i think ion has a point, and funny that because ion and myself dont usually concur.
    My outlook is that when you support a team you are stuck with them through thick and thin, i dont agree with harry putting bale on the right, and he does this when lennon is available, i cant see what that does unless he is trying to confuse the opposition, but you have to go with what the manager chooses.
    He isnt a bad manager! just lately he has been talking a bit too much, but i guess if we can have a moan then he can as well, he should just be a little bit more diplomatic in his position, but personally it doesnt bother me what he says as long as we win.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 12 2011, 00:43

Well, as I say Lew, what can I do? I can't tell posters not to post anti Redknapp posts on here. Why am I getting flak? If you look on the forum there aren't many anti Redknapp posts really. Everyone has a choice. Read them or don't read them. Comment on them or don't. Personally I couldn't give a f*ck what people say about Redknapp. I have my own thoughts which I have expressed. You have your thoughts, Lought has his and ion has his that's all that matters. It makes me laugh that some are saying it's all negative but those same people are perpetuating it by carrying on about it. Lets all just forget it and move on.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 12 2011, 01:18

God forbid I would ever get behind Arry but one of the few genuine things he has said, a change from the usual pearly king quips, is that some fans are idiots. Some fans are idiots - at all clubs. Always have been - with the internet however the idiots have a unique platform for satisfying their frustrations

A pity a few more managers don't stand their ground instead of smoozing the f*ckers in the hope of a quiet life.

For what it is worth Len I dont think Bill Nicholson would have stood the nonsense current managers get from the "fans" ( and the meeja) for five minutes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 09:22