The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
LOBO
shearspur
Boltjean
BazSpur
8 posters

WTF is Redknapp doing.

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

WTF is Redknapp doing. - Page 3 Empty Re: WTF is Redknapp doing.

Post by philip Mon Sep 12 2011, 01:46

ionman34 wrote:
    constant diet of negativity and posts slugging off the team, the management, the Chairman and just about anything else associated with Spurs? They'd be forgiven for thinking they'd landed on a goon board. Many of the positive posters have now gone from here. Small wonder
    I post less and less on here because I really can't be bothered any more. The arguments amount to the same thing every time and the majority of posts are basically on what players should be dropped, which should be sold, when the manager should be sacked, how inept his formations/team selections etc are and a host of other non supportive posts.
    The only people who would be willing to join here a further negative 'non supporters'.

Ion I think it is unfair to brand anybody who criticise the Club as being a non supporter. What is the purpose of the forum if we are not supposed to give our opinions, Baz has shown you similar messages by Spurs supporters from other forums.

I have had different opinions with people on this board including Lou in the past but I have never taken it as a personal criticism when he or they do not agree with me, Ion I think you should think the same as well.

It will be a pity if you stop posting footballing messages in here just because someone does not agree with you. IMO and I am sure many on this board do value your opinions immensely.

Ion sometime it is better to agree to differ

Baz I do not know why you should be taking the flack, to be honest I would rather participate in a small forum that allows different views to be discussed than one that does not allow fans to criticise the managerorum in . You are running an excellent forum in my view if people do not like it they can give their opinions or be free to join millions of blogs and message boards else where
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 12 2011, 02:19

Thanks Phillip, it's nice to know it's appreciated. I really can't see a problem as long as the Redknapp posts stay in the same forum. Posters will know not to go there if they don't want to see the messages. Anyway I'm done with this thread now.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 02:50

BazSpur wrote:Mate, I go on lots of different forums and especially the facebook pages. Redknapp is not universally liked and never has been. Posters on those pages are behind him for only one thing. The good of the team. As for Redknapp the vast majority cannot wait for him to leave. As far as I am concerned I am right behind him. I hope he gets us top 4 and wins a trpphy of some kind. We have played some lovely football under him and but for his ludicrous media whoring I have no problem with him.

I wouldnt want him to go to manage england or anyone else baz, he is the best thing we have had at spurs for ages.
    It isnt what he says ! its what he does as spurs manager thats important.......for me anyway.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 05:42

Trouble is Lew is that it looks like Redknapps infatuation with the meeja is more important to him then to his commitment towards Spurs. 75% of posters are saying that here on this small & intimate forum. And it looks like similar percentages elsewhere, even on much larger much less personal forums then here. I have no issues with Redknapp with what he has acheived for Spurs on the pitch but I do have issues with his conduct with the meeja since becoming Spurs manager. He was never like he is now with his previous clubs. Spurs have given him the opportuinity to manage a large club and maybe he should show that large club some respect back. If this makes me a negative poster then so be it, I can live with that. . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:11

well ii said after the transfer windo shut that i was happy with our buisness.

ion your seeing what you want to see. theres loads of positive threads on here.

i never liked harry. i remember al hes nasty remarks about us when he was at portsmouth.

i dont think he should be sacked but if he does i w ont lose sleep.

its not once said he will stay with us.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:31

Loughtonlegend wrote:well ii said after the transfer windo shut that i was happy with our buisness.

ion your seeing what you want to see. theres loads of positive threads on here.

i never liked harry. i remember al hes nasty remarks about us when he was at portsmouth.

i dont think he should be sacked but if he does i w ont lose sleep.

its not once said he will stay with us.

I am not answering for ion lought, but apart from ade and parker i cant see many other positives said about existing spurs players, its all about harry and the media, latching onto every little thing he says.

Now i see you are having a go about bale, a young player who shot to stardom last year in the cl and is now a target for every thug defender he comes up against, so much so that i actually think he is diving too much to avoid getting clogged.
    Modric got a few positives on here from yesterdays game , considering what has gone on with him i think that was great, he looks like he is going to play to his best ability ! i never thought he would stroll about doing an unhappy berbatov.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:34

my problem with bale is he tends to take the wrong option. he had a bad shot when he should of passed for a tap in.

hes not been great for a long time and why play him on the right when he was not that good there for wales.

plus he has to cut hes divin down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:39

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm going off thread a touch here chaps . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 08:09

VisionarySound wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm going off thread a touch here chaps . . . . .

I wasnt intending to carry on with this one anyway vis ! said my bit that i think ion has a point.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 08:32

Does he Lew ? This thread is all about how posters have issues with Redknapp & his meeja personality. Nothing to do with Spurs as such, in a way . Posters air their thoughts and grieviences with this issue. Ion accuses one & all of being closet goners & anti-Spurs because of this. I am one of the posters who rails against negative posts but I respect another poster for their stance should they wish to be negative but I will say I don't agree with that stance. I don't agree with a post I say so, I don't have an opinion I don't bother. I have an opinion on Redknapp and his meeja profile so I involve myself in the debate. That dosen't make me negative it just means I have an opinion I wish to air with others and see what views are generated by it. If posters don't agree with my stance I won't have a hissy fit and jog off into the sunset. This board has always been small & close knit. OK we have lost a couple of posters of late. The reason they don't post is down to them. You claim inside information and claim to know it is negativity that has driven them away ? I see it as an internet forum where posters come & go and some will always remain. My-self I can't be bothered with larger forums as ideas and opinions get lost far too quickly in the mass of posts going up all the time. We have posters on here who see doom & gloom at every turn & others who always see the pot of gold at rainbows end. This thread has shown how fans, and yes we are fans even if we disagree wiith some Spurs related stuff, feel about Redknapp the meeja whore (to use Ion's quote) . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 09:02

VisionarySound wrote:Does he Lew ? This thread is all about how posters have issues with Redknapp & his meeja personality. Nothing to do with Spurs as such, in a way . Posters air their thoughts and grieviences with this issue. Ion accuses one & all of being closet goners & anti-Spurs because of this. I am one of the posters who rails against negative posts but I respect another poster for their stance should they wish to be negative but I will say I don't agree with that stance. I don't agree with a post I say so, I don't have an opinion I don't bother. I have an opinion on Redknapp and his meeja profile so I involve myself in the debate. That dosen't make me negative it just means I have an opinion I wish to air with others and see what views are generated by it. If posters don't agree with my stance I won't have a hissy fit and jog off into the sunset. This board has always been small & close knit. OK we have lost a couple of posters of late. The reason they don't post is down to them. You claim inside information and claim to know it is negativity that has driven them away ? I see it as an internet forum where posters come & go and some will always remain. My-self I can't be bothered with larger forums as ideas and opinions get lost far too quickly in the mass of posts going up all the time. We have posters on here who see doom & gloom at every turn & others who always see the pot of gold at rainbows end. This thread has shown how fans, and yes we are fans even if we disagree wiith some Spurs related stuff, feel about Redknapp the meeja whore (to use Ion's quote) . . . . .

Its been all summer vis ! its been all about the lack of transfers, crouch, defoe, modric and what harry says (because he shouldnt), but of course we can all say what we want to on here because we can, but harry mustnt say for example ! that he would have rather sold an unhappy player. lol! (heaven forbid such a statement) lol!
    I havent claimed inside info on why the forum has lost posters, what i said vis that one member i am in contact with (occasionally) has left for another chat forum......they were my words.
    Even you yourself must wonder how this board would have been like today had we lost at wolves yesterday? its unthinkable really !
    When we lose harry is a bad un, and when we win he isnt much different.
    It would just be nice to read that the bloke is doing ok on the football front for a change.
    But posters will be posters and its really up to the individual to choose what they want to read.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 10:07

harry does get praise when he derserves it. i said i thought he done good in the transfer window.

its hes constent talking everyday to the media that does my head in. how he dont defend our club.

plus our form since january has been pretty averge at best so he derserve some stick.

i think some post dont post anymore because they enjoy the banter on the spurs goon facebook page.
    work that one out lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Sep 12 2011, 13:16

VisionarySound wrote:Does he Lew ? This thread is all about how posters have issues with Redknapp & his meeja personality. Nothing to do with Spurs as such, in a way . Posters air their thoughts and grieviences with this issue. Ion accuses one & all of being closet goners & anti-Spurs because of this. I am one of the posters who rails against negative posts but I respect another poster for their stance should they wish to be negative but I will say I don't agree with that stance. I don't agree with a post I say so, I don't have an opinion I don't bother. I have an opinion on Redknapp and his meeja profile so I involve myself in the debate. That dosen't make me negative it just means I have an opinion I wish to air with others and see what views are generated by it. If posters don't agree with my stance I won't have a hissy fit and jog off into the sunset. This board has always been small & close knit. OK we have lost a couple of posters of late. The reason they don't post is down to them. You claim inside information and claim to know it is negativity that has driven them away ? I see it as an internet forum where posters come & go and some will always remain. My-self I can't be bothered with larger forums as ideas and opinions get lost far too quickly in the mass of posts going up all the time. We have posters on here who see doom & gloom at every turn & others who always see the pot of gold at rainbows end. This thread has shown how fans, and yes we are fans even if we disagree wiith some Spurs related stuff, feel about Redknapp the meeja whore (to use Ion's quote) . . . . .

There are a number of ways I could approach this, that you've misread the post, that you've taken items out of context to suit your own agenda, that you've had a 'hissy fit' based on the misconception that I've taken a shot at the forum rather than certain posters.

I won't bother with any of that though. What I will do is make the clear and unambiguous statement that you are a tit Vis.

Note there is no LOL.

Like everyone else on here you've absorbed the bits you want to (those that provide ammunition for your unwarranted indignation) and ignored what are actually the pertinent parts of the previous posts. It's totally flown over your head the fact that I'm trying to highlight the reasons why a board that we have all enjoyed since its inception, populated by a group of FRIENDS who enjoy each others company, is slowly being eroded away by a minority who do NOTHING ELSE, I'll reiterate that so there's no misunderstanding,

NOTHING ELSE! other than complain and criticise ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING associated with the club. The Chairman gets slagged off for not buying X, the manager gets slagged off for not playing Y, both get slagged off for not agreeing to get in the Worlds best, the players get slagged off if their form drops, or they have a poor game, or they miss a pass, a target, have the wrong hairstyle, FFs one even got majorly bagged out for smoking a Cigar when relaxing!

It's constant, unrelenting and, frankly, is wearing to the point where I really can't be bothered. The negativity wasn't such an issue when you had the balance with positivity. When we had more posters all with something positive to say. Now it feels as though I'm swimming against the tide. I get accused of viewing everything through tinted glasses when all I do is state that we don't know any of the facts, let alone all of them.

And when the facts do come out, and it is shown that the negatives were right, I get called out as though I was claiming they were wrong. This isn't support, it's f*cking one upmanship.

But you don't see this. All you see is me taking a shot at you when you are a thousand miles off target. It's easier for you to pick a row with me than it is to face up to the fact that you're losing what made this board such a great community. You stick your head in the sand claiming that 'posters come and go'. We've been together for nigh on 10 years and many of those 'old schoolers' have now gone after all those years.

And you fear to ask why.

Goose, DJFitzo, Sid, Jim, Legend, Hots are just a handful of the names that were once extreme regulars but have now disappeared but for a token few posts.

But you fear to ask why.

Well I told you but, allegedly, it's a hissy fit. Rather than just f*ck off I have actually shown that I care enough to confront the issue and put it out there. I'd have appreciated it if you'd had the stones to address me with an answer directly rather than the asides to Lew, I reckon I've earned that at the very least.

The problem is there, how you choose to address it is up to you, and by you I mean EVERYONE on the board. I don't want to move on, I have enjoyed the vast majority of the time I have spent on here and have felt my life really has been enriched by knowing the vast majority of you. But I really am tired of logging in and having to wade through post after post of bile, discontent and outright codswallop all coming off the back of what you all read in a Red top and swallow as Gospel without a shred of evidence. I've lost count of the times I've made this statement, only to be ignored. After a while you just lose interest.

I'm there now.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 12 2011, 19:27

Well, I don't know what you want me, Vis and DJ to do ion. I cannot impose a ban on talking about Arry and Levy, What shall I say? There shall be no slagging off of Arry on this forum? Because that's going to work isn't it? NOT. You know as well as I do ion I cannot tell posters what they can say. Yes we can move posts, merge posts etc but we cannot tell posters what to write, that's it full stop. So, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? I'm not having a go mate, I am just at a loss as to what you want from me and the rest. All forums have negative posters I showed you some comments the other day and basically what I got from you was well, they are not as bad as this forum. That is total bollox mate, they are as bad some are even worse, Do yourself a favour sign up to facebook go on some of the football pages and ask what they think of Arry lol. Levy also comes in for a fair amount of stick too. It's the way it is. You get their defenders posting of course you do but one thing you don't get is the administrators of those pages saying don't diss Arry or Levy. You think this is bad? It's nowhere near what you get on facebook pages mate Lought knows as he goes on there. Some make Lought look positively tame by comparison. As far as this forum goes if we started doing well and getting back up the league I am sure the head count would rise. This is still an active forum. I agree with Vis posters come and posters go and they do so for a variety of reasons. It used to happen on the old AOHELL pages. You say about wading through negative threads. I had a look to see how many negative threads there are. Just 4 out of 46 threads this one being the worst as far as negativity about Arry goes, the rest are mildly negative. So that being the case if posters don't want to see negative posts then ignore that thread.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 12 2011, 20:55

just got this from the people paper

FA chiefs are hatching an ­emergency plan to install Harry Redknapp as England manager for the Euro 2012 finals.

Top brass have been working to find Fabio Capello’s long-term successor and Tottenham chief Redknapp is the red-hot choice to step into the job.

And People Sport can reveal that an official approach could be made to Spurs for their manager BEFORE Capello’s contract runs out next summer.

The possibility of Redknapp managing­ England at the finals is now being openly discussed in the corridors of power – and is rated ‘probable’ by top sources.

Redknapp could even be offered the post on a part-time basis this season, amid fears that the Three Lions will flop in Poland and Ukraine.

The only question is WHEN Redknapp takes charge, as the FA await the verdict on the Spurs boss’ forthcoming tax issue trial before making a move.

Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to manage England and he might get his chance after the Montenegro qualifying showdown next month.

Capello is already a ‘dead man walking’­ as he is leaving next summer, and it would not cost the FA much to let the Italian’s deal run down, or pay him off early.

Sparkle

There are genuine worries at the FA that Capello lacks the sparkle to raise the players for the finals.

But player-friendly Redknapp could be the man to sprinkle his magic dust on the squad.

The plan has been outlined at the highest level, but Spurs may not be happy to ‘share’ their manager as chairman­ Daniel Levy wants his chief focused on the job at White Hart Lane.

Levy would let Redknapp join England on a full-time basis, but would demand full compensation – with Spurs slapping a £15million figure on their boss’ head to scare off Chelsea last term.

 Harry Redknapp wanted to sign Seville striker Alvaro Negredo, ­who has bypassed Fernando Torres in Spain’s squad. But he was left frustrated by the north London’s club’s inability to raise funds until deadline­ da
    y.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 21:20

Ah poor Ion, can't comprehend that people disagree with his stance and don't cow down meekly before his superior debating skills.
    Ion you can call me wahat the f*ck you like because your opinion of me really is of no concern to me. You are not a family member, close friend or work colleague so respect from you is not paramount to my well-being. Off you go again on one of your many, long drawn out diatribes against a poster you disagree with yet you have the termacity to blame negative posts ? You suffer from your own brand of negativity Ion. When you disagree with people you attempt grind them down. You hurl insults but say it's OK because your protecting Spurs. Yeah whatever. Posters have stopped posting because they had the misfortune to have an opinion of their own that you could not allow so you nagged & bitched & postured them back off into cyber space. Then gave it the large one that the will of Ion had prevailed again. You accuse others of not reading or understanding your posts when in fact what you mean is that other posters did'nt post what you thought they should post. So carry on with the cat-calls & verbal raspberries Ion because you are no more than just another poster on an internet forum . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 12 2011, 21:36

Gentlemen, gentlemen please

I have sympathy with Ion in that there are posters on some internet forums who do not appear to have a good word to say about Arry - if he does 'X' , he should have done 'Y', if Spuds win a game it is cos the opposition is rubbish, if they lose it is cos Arry is rubbish, he may be a meeja whore, but if you recall he replaced a manager who could not speak one single sentence in English. HOw DARE Arry say some fans are idiots ( even though we all know plenty of idiots - in fact we are all idiots from time to time or we would not support football clubs)

Trust me there are plenty of a*se fans out there posting the same crap about Wenger

However Arry ( and Arsene) is by no means beyond criticism - the trick for Ion is to sort and respond to the sensible and constructive criticism from the nonsense

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:22

anicoll5 wrote:Gentlemen, gentlemen please

I have sympathy with Ion in that there are posters on some internet forums who do not appear to have a good word to say about Arry - if he does 'X' , he should have done 'Y', if Spuds win a game it is cos the opposition is rubbish, if they lose it is cos Arry is rubbish, he may be a meeja whore, but if you recall he replaced a manager who could not speak one single sentence in English. HOw DARE Arry say some fans are idiots ( even though we all know plenty of idiots - in fact we are all idiots from time to time or we would not support football clubs)

Trust me there are plenty of a*se fans out there posting the same crap about Wenger

However Arry ( and Arsene) is by no means beyond criticism - the trick for Ion is to sort and respond to the sensible and constructive criticism from the nonsense

Hello Nic, nice to see you on here ! a lot of truth in your opening gambit there nic.
    The easy cop out is to tell ion not to read the negative posts, ignore them but he is passionate spurs and it probably gets his goat that there has been a summer of discontent on here.
    Baz is right in that he cant control what people write, its gone from crouch and getting rid of the deadwood to lack of transfer activity and now what harry says.
    We had the euphoria of signing ade and parker, and now its back to what harry says.
    You know i really dont care what harry says, its what happens on the pitch that matters to me, and he has done ok so far, just bad luck we have lost a couple of players to injury and met the two manchester clubs in the first two games.
    What i see is that its ok for fans to slag harry off but he shouldnt call them idiots, its ok for the chairman to appease the fans by not selling modric but not ok for harry to say he would rather sell an unhappy player, remember he has to work with that player?
    Glad to read that wenger gets the same....he deserves it...... lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:26

anicoll5 wrote:Gentlemen, gentlemen please

Tried that for years Nic, it never worked then, it won't work now.

It is evident that no matter how often I put up the sentence 'read my post properly' it falls on deaf ears.

Done with it now.

Goodbye.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:43

is it really that bad at the moment. apart from us all being p*ssed off with harry and hes endless talking to the media most of us are happy with the players we got in and the players we let go

Ion go on glory r vital spurs them sites or a lot worse then these in terms of slaggin off spurs.
    every player gets it on there
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:55

You need a word of inspiration to renew the fight - I have the Prime Minister with me;

"Ion shall fight on the internet, he shall fight on the fans' forums, he shall fight on the field and in the Lane, he shall fight in the hills; he shall never surrender....... "

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 00:09

I cant believe what is happening here, one minute we are all like a family, still chatting from the old aol days and now there are massive differences on here.
    Lought, the reason why ion has stuck with this forum is because it wasnt all full of gripes and moans like the other forums, and whatever anyone says about ion he was excited for spurs in a positive way, look at his real madrid spurs link up comments to see how much he loves the club.

Baz also cant go round telling people what to post, so its a catch 22 problem really.

Ion ! i hope that isnt goodbye for goood because there are positive posts on here, you just have to miss out the moany ones, it isnt hard to do.........i dont even bother trying to answer them anymore with any relevant back up for harry because they dont get replied to anyway.
    Just keep posting mate in your own individual way, you once told me to let the moderators moderate, and now i would say to you that just let the moaners moan, you dont have to read it or reply to it.
    Come on ion ! flowers

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 00:16

lew theres always been post that are negavtive. its part and parcel of a forum.
    how can you say you dont reply to them lol

to leave a forum because poster done agree with you is childish.
    about 80precent of fans are fed up with harry .
    i see neil warnock said today fabio wont be england manager in a years time.

harrys not once refused to rule out the england job

can we have the gooners back seeing as every poster that wanted them gone has stopped posting now,

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 00:23

lewspurs wrote:I cant believe what is happening here, one minute we are all like a family, still chatting from the old aol days and now there are massive differences on here.
    :

I edited your quote Lew as that sentence alone is very apt. Like family we will disagree & fall out . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 13 2011, 00:41

Baz can i have the link for the spurs Facebook page you have , ill send a request to join if its a group ..

cheers mate

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 10:44