The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ArnieArdiles
anicoll5
BazSpur
LOBO
cstmrsking
9 posters

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Newcastle United

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 05:48

ever since the england wales game the pundits said bale had good game on the right when he was ok nuffin specal harry been playin him there since.

why start players that are unfit. walker had no cover watsovever.

another thing annoys me is how greedy our players are. they all called of passed for tap ins but went for glory.

451 we gave them to much respect. i thought kabooul played well he won every header.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Newcastle United

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 17 2011, 05:51

Yes Seebee, ball on floor everytime.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 06:31

and another thing how lazy was bale again. he keeps trying that turn and it ha rdly ever works
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Oct 17 2011, 06:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:another thing annoys me is how greedy our players are. they all called of passed for tap ins but went for glory.

I agree with you entirely I am realy p***ed off too on this point Ade should have passed to Defoe and likewiae Defoe should have passed to Ade on the second chance. Finaly Walker should have passed to Ade. After saying that I think a draw is fair

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 06:56

BazSpur wrote:Yes Seebee, ball on floor everytime.

Just wondering baz ! did you mention in another thread that maybe vdv was signed under the proviso that he is picked when fit every game ? then harry takes him off and often changes the formation, perhaps thats the only way harry can get round the deal because this 4-5-1 doesnt work for us.
    Just thinking maybe you had hit the nail on the head with that comment ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 17 2011, 07:02

I think that was Lought Lew.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 07:32

yep if vdv fit he starts. surley we wouldnt sign a player under them terms

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 17:23

BazSpur wrote:I think that was Lought Lew.

Sorry baz yes it was lought.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 17:27

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep if vdv fit he starts. surley we wouldnt sign a player under them terms

I dont know lought ! when i first read that from yourself i thought the same, just wondering how we got him so cheap and into our strict wage structure .

He isnt usually dropped, just taken off early to which he generally isnt pleased about.

Just a thought that you put there in the first place lought, i think there could be something in it.
    Be interesting to see what is in his contract ?
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:16

It cant be true about VDV starting every match when fit otherwise he would of started against the scouses. As for 451 its quite a good formation away from home and if u look at the game Defoe played the VDV role so it was 451 all the way Arry has been saying all week VDV OR Defoe they both play off Adebayor in the hole. As for 442 we cant play it anyway without Lennon Modric is no winger neither is VDV or Kranky only wingers we have is Bale Lennon and Townsend Rose at a push now Arry uses him Left back
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:26

I think you are being a bit harsh lads. The first half was pretty diabolical for both sides but after half time and the penalty Toon opened up which brought the game to life. Pardew has set up Toon to be a difficult to beat side and so it proved yesterday. They ran hard and battled for everything and in spite of Modric's technical superiority he constantly found himself harassed and hustled, Bale faced the same double teaming, Ade tightly shackled. And when they got the ball Toon had two lanky awkward strikers willing to hold it up.

Very good goal from Ameobi to level it - a fair result and plenty of other sides will drop points at SJP this season

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 22:37

liverpool was the only game he didnt start. maybe he was unfit. but every other game he has started yet has so many bad games

i just think defoe up front with ade is the way to go and not playing your best midfeilder out wide in modric

play walker gio out there for now
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 17 2011, 22:56

Surely in a 442 formation you don't have to play 2 out and out wingers? With 451 you flood the midfield and as for Defoe it seemed to me he was all about getting into scoring positions rather than playing off Ade. Redknapp said in the interview afterwards he was brought on for his speed and to get at them. It's all opinions I suppose.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Oct 17 2011, 23:54

philip wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:another thing annoys me is how greedy our players are. they all called of passed for tap ins but went for glory.

I agree with you entirely I am realy p***ed off too on this point Ade should have passed to Defoe and likewiae Defoe should have passed to Ade on the second chance. Finaly Walker should have passed to Ade. After saying that I think a draw
    is fair

Our forward play has been shy of the final pass for more than I care to remember now ...
    Harry actually mentioned it in his post match interviews so lets hope he comes down on it at the next players meet.

Last edited by ArnieArdiles on Tue Oct 18 2011, 07:48; edited 1 time in total
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 18 2011, 00:06

anicoll5 wrote:I think you are being a bit harsh lads. The first half was pretty diabolical for both sides but after half time and the penalty Toon opened up which brought the game to life. Pardew has set up Toon to be a difficult to beat side and so it proved yesterday. They ran hard and battled for everything and in spite of Modric's technical superiority he constantly found himself harassed and hustled, Bale faced the same double teaming, Ade tightly shackled. And when they got the ball Toon had two lanky awkward strikers willing to hold it up.

Very good goal from Ameobi to level it - a fair result and plenty of other sides will drop points at SJP this season

Have to agree with our Gooner mate Nico that perhaps some of us are being a tad harsh here...

Newcastle are coming along nicely under Pardew .. He's got them playing as a unit , all willing to go the extra mile for him.... The foundations have been laid for a good future if they can add real quality in two or three positions over the next few transfer windows...
    SJP is a tough place to get a result , more so against a confident , vibrant set-up... This is not a shite Newcastle team with the Geordie support turning on its own ......
    3 points would've been great seeing as we were leading with 10 minutes to go but on the balance of play, I'd say a draw was the fairest result...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 18 2011, 00:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:liverpool was the only game he didnt start. maybe he was unfit. but every other game he has started yet has so many bad games

i just think defoe up front with ade is the way to go and not playing your best midfeilder out wide in modric

play walker gio out there for now

I do think Loughtan, that when Corluka is fit again, Harry should think seriously about playing Walker on the right flank ......

Why not ?

Walker/Lennon --- Parker/Sandro --- Modric --- Bale

------------ Defoe/VDV

---------------------------Ade
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 18 2011, 00:24

Anyone know why Sandro didn't even make the bench yesterday? He's not injured I don't think.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18 2011, 00:29

i think hes got a niggle and for once harry didnt play a player whos not match fit
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 18 2011, 00:32

Ah, thanks Lought.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18 2011, 05:34

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:I think you are being a bit harsh lads. The first half was pretty diabolical for both sides but after half time and the penalty Toon opened up which brought the game to life. Pardew has set up Toon to be a difficult to beat side and so it proved yesterday. They ran hard and battled for everything and in spite of Modric's technical superiority he constantly found himself harassed and hustled, Bale faced the same double teaming, Ade tightly shackled. And when they got the ball Toon had two lanky awkward strikers willing to hold it up.

Have to agree with our Gooner mate Nico that perhaps some of us are being a tad harsh here...

Newcastle are coming along nicely under Pardew .. He's got them playing as a unit , all willing to go the extra mile for him.... The foundations have been laid for a good future if they can add real quality in two or three positions over the next few transfer windows...

Arnie are you having a "bubble" my friend ? At 2-1 we had the game in the bag. Poor decision making on the pitch let us down. Bassong for King was the changing moment . . . .
    SJP is a tough place to get a result , more so against a confident , vibrant set-up... This is not a shite Newcastle team with the Geordie support turning on its own ......
    3 points would've been great seeing as we were leading with 10 minutes to go but on the balance of play, I'd say a draw was the fairest result...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 18 2011, 05:55

Passing was P*ss poor at times to be honest. And there also seem to be a chuckle brothers sketch between the two teams of giving the ball to each other. "To you,to me, to you, to me lol.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 18 2011, 06:04

VisionarySound wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

Arnie are you having a "bubble" my friend ? At 2-1 we had the game in the bag. Poor decision making on the pitch let us down. Bassong for King was the changing moment . . . .

Vis , the game was never in the bag , did you really think so because we were 2-1 up after 70 minutes ?

To many of our players had off days , it wasn't one of our best team performances , not from what I saw..Our passing was poor and apart from maybe the first 10-15 minutes of the game I didn't really see us dominating long periods of the game ...

I'm disappointed like the rest of us that we didn't hold on to the three points but for me, it were never in the bag ...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 18 2011, 06:09

BazSpur wrote:Passing was P*ss poor at times to be honest. And there also seem to be a chuckle brothers sketch between the two teams of giving the ball to each other. "To you,to me, to you, to me lol.

Exactly Baz !

We didn't play to well but came away with a point......

Think some of us get carried away with our own hype ...If we were anywhere near as good as some of us believe, then once we had gone into a 2-1 lead we then should've shown just how superior we are to them by keeping the ball away from our goal ...We failed to do that...

Last edited by ArnieArdiles on Tue Oct 18 2011, 06:12; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 18 2011, 06:12

Well, I'm just hoping it was a bad day at the office Arnie.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 18 2011, 06:15

BazSpur wrote:Well, I'm just hoping it was a bad day at the office Arnie.

Likewise Baz

And we all know what a bad day at the office at, St James' Park usually means, apparently not it seems?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:26