The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
spurslegend
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
7 posters

Joe Cole saga latest........

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe Cole saga latest........

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 06 2010, 22:33

[quote="BazSpur"]I was reading through your post Ion and I especially love yout optimism mate. As Lew says we have had so many false Dawns that it seems the sun never rises fully over WHL for us. We have been the nearly team so many times. Nearly relegated what was it 3 times in recent years? Nearly got 4th spot twice. So I understand what Lew is saying and I must admit I am a pessimist at heart. Having said all that though there is something about this team that seems to be different.Truthfully, how many on here gave us a prayer in our Month of death games in April? I didn't but we were resolute and did what we had to do and the last but one game AT City was little short of phenomenal. If you add to that all the silly games we drew or lost we really could have been up there challenging for top spot. Had we won those silly games, who knows where we would have been. I have changed my mind about Harry. He has taken us to the next level. Who says he can't win us the Prem at some point in the near future? Time will tell of course but I must admit I go into this coming season with far more optimism and expectation than I have for years. The "computer" has been kind to us in the fixtures and our first month could see us in top spot as the games apart from City are not too bad. Keep feeding us your optimism Ion it certainly makes my pessimistic side take time out to think. Joe Cole saga latest........ - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Oh it won't be plain sailing Baz, I don't think they're 'quite' there yet but who knows?

Ferguson's youngsters weren't given a chance and won the Prem. I think there's more concentrated talent in this squad than any we've had for years so there's no reason to believe we can't do it, particularly as neither Utd, Chelsea OR the goons have looked smoking hot.

We're up there for the foreseeable IMO Baz, Audere est Facere.

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 23:10