The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Harry will come good ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Harry will come good ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Harry will come good ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Harry will come good ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Harry will come good ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Harry will come good ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Harry will come good ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Harry will come good ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Harry will come good ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Harry will come good ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
spurslegend
philip
MarkA249
7 posters

Harry will come good !

Harry will come good ! Empty Harry will come good !

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 00:37

Oh how one seasons achievements are quickly forgotten. Sad

I have to laugh at what i read on here about harry sometimes, he takes a bottom tier club and gets them into europes top competition in less than two seasons !

He gets in a top notch player in van der vaart, and another in william gallas and all of a sudden he is useless at player selection............. lol!

I tell you what you guys bleating about what is happening at the moment, dont post on here " harry is god " or " harry is the business" or "we cant lose harry to england " when the bloke does get the team performing again because its just fcking well two faced .

Firstly the spams always raise their game against us, they fcking well hate us, and we had no luck in front of their goal...............bad luck, it happens...move on.

Previously most of you along with myself said he should play the kids in the carling cup, and he did and lost, i expected us to lose when i saw the team wenger was putting out.........make the league and cl main priorites some of you said..........yes it was the a*se but that was bad luck to draw them first round, i personally hoped for smaller fry for the kids and fringe players to get games.

Six games into the season and here we are again ! moan moan moan moan ! do you want ramos back then? or hoddle ? or maybe ossie ardiles ? lol! at least we will get goals then but perhaps more against in the back of the net then for !

Lought its six games into the season not sixteen, why not wait until christmas and see what is going on before blasting at every opportunity at harry.

He hasnt done a bad job up to now so lets see if he gets through this latest glitch, because i am sure he will personally and i am not going to knock a bloke who has achieved so much for us in so little time, and i believe the best is yet to come.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Harry will come good ! Empty Re: Harry will come good !

Post by MarkA249 Mon Sep 27 2010, 01:01

I am not saying Arry hasnt done well for us he has but has he taken us as far as he can. Losing to Wigan West Ham is not good for us a team of out stature we should be easily be beating these teams yes West Ham would raise there game we should raise ours higher plus it annoys me when Arry praises the other team so much we lose at home to Wigan or they passed it really well they are a good team bollox they crap. Ive more credit to Wenger yesterday we was awful today nobody played well bet Arsenal dont play crap again for a while. Arry its good to see them get a win YOU CANT SAY THAT ABOUT A TEAM WHAT HAS BEATEN YOU MUPPET. As for moaning yes we can moan we all care about our club lew but in different ways. And as for VDV it wasnt Redknapp it was Levy who did it all. Redknapp might be wanting to do better in the Champs League to inhance is European rep for the England job what he wants so badly.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Sep 27 2010, 03:55

lewspurs wrote:

He gets in a top notch player in van der vaart, and another in william gallas and all of a sudden he is useless at player selection............. lol!

We mean team selection not player selection- There is a diference why not play Galas or a reserve CH yesterday?

I tell you what you guys bleating about what is happening at the moment, dont post on here " harry is god " or " harry is the business" or "we cant lose harry to england " when the bloke does get the team performing again because its just fcking well two faced .

Everybody appreciates what Harry has done, but he should be cricised when he cocks up his decision making

Firstly the spams always raise their game against us, they fcking well hate us, and we had no luck in front of their goal...............bad luck, it happens...move on.

Here you are contradicting yourself, of all the matches why not field a strong team, winning is a habit

He hasnt done a bad job up to now so lets see if he gets through this latest glitch, because i am sure he will personally and i am not going to knock a bloke who has achieved so much for us in so little time, and i believe the best is yet to come.

So Lew you acknowledge that it is a latest glitch, we all hope that it is a one off and the team does well if not something need to be done before it is too late
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Mon Sep 27 2010, 04:01

bring back ramos lol

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 04:45

philip wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

We mean team selection not player selection- There is a diference why not play Galas or a reserve CH yesterday?
    Because gallas was injured ! didnt you see the bbc interview ? reserve centre back, he did play him..bassong.

Everybody appreciates what Harry has done, but he should be cricised when he cocks up his decision making

Sweeping statement that phil, first lets tell everyone we appreciate what harry has done but now lets get on with the important business of criticising the bloke........ lol!

Here you are contradicting yourself, of all the matches why not field a strong team, winning is a habit
    Contradicting myself ? how where ? i have to ask do you actually know what the injury situation is at the moment phil ? we are down to just bassong at centre back for a start, daws, king (rested) gallas and kaboul injured.

So Lew you acknowledge that it is a latest glitch, we all hope that it is a one off and the team does well if not something need to be done before it is too late

Harry always has silly little glitches with his teams phil, when he was at west ham and portsmouth he did exactly the same, by the way ! the goons lost at home to wba!
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Sep 27 2010, 04:58

yeah pity the goons were evicted from here to early in the season, think of the fun we would be having now at burger and sparky.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 05:06

MarkA249 wrote:I am not saying Arry hasnt done well for us he has but has he taken us as far as he can. Losing to Wigan West Ham is not good for us a team of out stature we should be easily be beating these teams yes West Ham would raise there game we should raise ours higher plus it annoys me when Arry praises the other team so much we lose at home to Wigan or they passed it really well they are a good team bollox they crap. Ive more credit to Wenger yesterday we was awful today nobody played well bet Arsenal dont play crap again for a while. Arry its good to see them get a win YOU CANT SAY THAT ABOUT A TEAM WHAT HAS BEATEN YOU MUPPET. As for moaning yes we can moan we all care about our club lew but in different ways. And as for VDV it wasnt Redknapp it was Levy who did it all. Redknapp might be wanting to do better in the Champs League to inhance is European rep for the England job what he wants so badly.

Moan away mark ! what does it achieve in the end ?

Do you really think harry believes we can win the cl ? the idea i would imagine is to go as far as we can to gather as much revenue as we can, he knows the league is a priority he isnt stupid ! i would think its the players that need to up their game in the league, but as far as i can see they are saving it for the cl.

The fc twente game will prove that point i believe.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 27 2010, 05:11

Im not 100% but I think I read somewhere that getting out of the CL group stages and into the knock-out stage is worth something like 10 million to a club...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 27 2010, 05:17

just found this
    Prize money
    UEFA awards €2.1 million to each team in the play-offs round. For reaching the Group Stage, UEFA awards €3.8 million plus €0.55 million for each match in the Group Stage. A win in the campaign is awarded €0.8 million and a draw is awarded €0.4 million.
    In addition, UEFA pays team reaching the first knockout round €3.0 million, each quarter finalist €3.3 million, €4 million for each semi-finalist, €5.2 million for the runners-up and €9 million for the winners.[5]
    A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2008-09 season, both Manchester United and Bayern Munich, who reached the final and quarter-final respectively, earned more than Barcelona, who won the tournament

I think from the above there is TV monies to be added...?
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Sep 27 2010, 05:17

oh i will moan lew i know Arry cant hear me but it makes me feel better lol!

i know the players seem to be saving it for the champions league they have waited so long for it but should not let it deter them from the league oh we will end up struggling we have lost twice to lesser teams with harder games to come winning at upton park is easier than winning at stamford bridge

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 05:28

MarkA249 wrote:oh i will moan lew i know Arry cant hear me but it makes me feel better lol!

i know the players seem to be saving it for the champions league they have waited so long for it but should not let it deter them from the league oh we will end up struggling we have lost twice to lesser teams with harder games to come winning at upton park is easier than winning at stamford bridge

.........and i used to be the same mark ! you just wind your self up and it affects your day ! lol! years ago i used to go into work a miserable git because spurs had lost or thrown away a 2-0 lead etc etc, now i just think....bring on the next game, we will do better next time........

I have lost many family members over the years to the big one, sometimes you have to get things into the correct perspective, i love my football club but its not like every result is life or death ! or is it ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 27 2010, 05:42

I will have a moan too if we abandon our football principles and play like a Wimbledon..

I will moan if I see the players aint putting in a shift ...

I will moan if the manager isnt willing to use his squad and sits there on his hands rather than make substituions when clearly they're needed ...

I will moan when the missus insists I have to help her with a visit to Tesco Harry will come good ! 145798 ..
    and according to her, I'm Victor Meldrew with a trolly on shopping trips, tut ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 27 2010, 06:54

My penn'orth for what its worth is this. Managers can't have it one way only. If you can praise a Manager for good work then you sure as hell can have a go about his decisions too. I loved BMJ but by Christ I moaned about some of his tactics and decisions. So I will sure as hell moan about Arry. I am not going to sit back and keep quiet because I might upset someone by criticizing Arry. Bollox to that, that isn't me. At the moment I am mystified by some of his decisions especially when putting out teams in the Prem. He may well have good reasons and I am sure in his own mind he does but I will still say when I think he is wrong and I do think some of his decisions have been wrong. I agree with some others on here, he looks to be saving the better line ups for the CL. Let me be clear. I am not advocating Arry is sacked but without doubt there is rightly or wrongly some opposition and questions being raised.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 07:41

BazSpur wrote:My penn'orth for what its worth is this. Managers can't have it one way only. If you can praise a Manager for good work then you sure as hell can have a go about his decisions too. I loved BMJ but by Christ I moaned about some of his tactics and decisions. So I will sure as hell moan about Arry. I am not going to sit back and keep quiet because I might upset someone by criticizing Arry. Bollox to that, that isn't me. At the moment I am mystified by some of his decisions especially when putting out teams in the Prem. He may well have good reasons and I am sure in his own mind he does but I will still say when I think he is wrong and I do think some of his decisions have been wrong. I agree with some others on here, he looks to be saving the better line ups for the CL. Let me be clear. I am not advocating Arry is sacked but without doubt there is rightly or wrongly some opposition and questions being raised.

No ones upsetting me by criticising harry baz ! it doesnt affect my life directly now does it? but this stuff just goes on and on, we get a manager who turns us into a cl team and six games into the season questioning his decisions when he has an injury list as long as your arm.

Many on here have lauded the strength of the back up we have ! and so everything should be alright when they are called upon, in fact many have said the second team would hold its own in the prem, well i personally dont rate many of the back up players we have, bassong, keane (is useless) and others but i am not going to get into names because it sparks off rucks on here.

We went through all this in jols final season when he lost most of the defence to injury but not many on the old aol board took that into account when we had all that joler / hunter stuff.

As you say its your right to moan and criticise when you feel you want to, and i would say its my right to come down on the managers side and no one is going to tell me anything different, bollox to that also.

We all want whats best for spurs baz ! we are six games into the season, we are in the cl ! its a new experience for all us spurs fans, and my opinion is that its too early to judge harry when he has so many first teamers out !

Pre season i said we needed a goal poacher and it didnt happen, and thats all i can have a go at harry on because it was so obvious, (if ) and we did ! lose defoe to injury i knew we would struggle to score goals because as good as pav and crouch are they arent consistent goals scorers, and keane ! well he should be sold on because he isnt the same since the liverpool transfer saga.

Last edited by lewspurs on Mon Sep 27 2010, 08:01; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 08:00

ArnieArdiles wrote:I will have a moan too if we abandon our football principles and play like a Wimbledon..

I will moan if I see the players aint putting in a shift ...

I will moan if the manager isnt willing to use his squad and sits there on his hands rather than make substituions when clearly they're needed ...

I will moan when the missus insists I have to help her with a visit to Tesco Harry will come good ! 145798 ..
    and according to her, I'm Victor Meldrew with a trolly on shopping trips, tut ...

Good old arnie ! always good for a ................................................................................................MOAN ! Evil or Very Mad
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Sep 27 2010, 08:05

Harry & the Players have lost there way momentarily,,,,,,,,,,,,, but we'll be back!!!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 08:09

SuneJim wrote:Harry & the Players have lost there way momentarily,,,,,,,,,,,,, but we'll be back!!!

Jim ! i have never felt so confident in a spurs manager as i do harry ! with so many players out he must be having a nightmare knowing what his best team is .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 27 2010, 08:18

Well, the gist of my post was that we can all praise and moan at Arry if we want. It just seems to me to be that its ok to praise Arry Lew but its not ok to have a moan at him. I wasn't critisizing anyone for praising or moaning at him. We are all free to say what we want and we will. Its the way it should be.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 17:41

BazSpur wrote:Well, the gist of my post was that we can all praise and moan at Arry if we want. It just seems to me to be that its ok to praise Arry Lew but its not ok to have a moan at him. I wasn't critisizing anyone for praising or moaning at him. We are all free to say what we want and we will. Its the way it should be.

My main argument baz was that he has just taken us to a new level and six games into the season here some of us are actually saying things like " i reckon levy will sack him " if this or that doesnt happen, and these are probably the very same people who last may were saying harrys the best thing since sliced bread.

What i worry about baz is that we might lose a manager who has a settled team, and start back on the crazy merry go round of a manager every two seasons because something is not going right.

Unfortunately we have lost key players, we have another key player out of form (lennon)and because of the transfer window harry cant correct things by dipping into the transfer market.

Myself i fully expect to have indifferent results over the next month simply because of those injuries, if harry can just hold things together and not get too many losses i reckon he will come through ok and we can start to climb the prem ladder again.

We wont win the prem, and we wouldnt win it with the injured players all fit anyway, what we have to strive for as a target is 4th place again, and thats attainable as long as we dont lose too much ground with the current injury crisis affecting results.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 27 2010, 21:31

Yep, I agree Lew. We certainly don't want to go all through that Management merry go round crap again. There will always be people not satisfied with tha Manager for whatever reason. Rightly or wrongly its their choice. I have told the story before of a workmate who told me Steve Perryman was rubbish. I couldn't believe it but that was his view of Perryman.The bloke knew his football and went to see Spurs every week but thought Perryman was a rubbish player. It mystified me at the time. It must have been something he saw in the player but it was his view.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:50

i think the fans have every right to moan after having the easy start and strugglin to get 8points.

harry never shown any loyalty and he would leave if a better offer comes along. i dont trust him but i trust levy. hes no mug and i rekon he wil be secretly angry with harry keep going on about the england job
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:55

Don't get me wrong Harry has dropped a right couple clangers in certain games & i've pointed them out when he does. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating & what he's achieved so far sure tastes good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:48