The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp won't break bank EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp won't break bank EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp won't break bank EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp won't break bank EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp won't break bank EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp won't break bank EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp won't break bank EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp won't break bank EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp won't break bank EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp won't break bank Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Redknapp won't break bank

Redknapp won't break bank Empty Redknapp won't break bank

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30 2011, 02:51

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp insists he does not like the thought of his players earning over £100,000 a week.

Despite seeing his team's rise to genuine challengers, Redknapp believes that it would be dangerous to grant one of his players the kind of huge wages that have become commonplace at other clubs.

Spurs refuse to play any player a wage above £100,000 a week, a ceiling that has apparently seen Redknapp forced to back out of moves for the likes of Luis Fabiano and Diego Forlandue to wage demands.

It is believed that Tottenham's top-paid stars take home a third of the £250,000 a week Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure reportedly pockets.

Despite being priced out of high-profile transfer moves, Redknapp believes that paying out even one stratospheric wage would have dire consequences for the club going forward.

"I wouldn't want the chairman to start paying £130-140,000 a week for a player," Redknapp said.

"It would be difficult when you've got players here getting what they get who are probably better than the ones you've got to pay that money for.

"So, suddenly, the whole thing would get out of hand, wouldn't it?"

Cup task

The Spurs boss now turns his attention to Sunday's FA Cup trip to Craven Cottage, for what proves to be a tough game against a Fulhamside who knocked Redknapp's men out of the competition a year ago.

Redknapp fielded a number of fringe players in the third-round win over Charlton, yet now looks set to deploy his strongest XI as the competition hots up.

"We want to go there and get through if we can," added Redknapp.

"I will field my best available team. Benoit [Assou-Ekotto] is fine after his knee injury. [Heurelho] Gomes will go out there. Hopefully he will be okay after his shoulder injury.

"It is a big game. We want to get through and give it our best shot. I've never played Fulham yet and not had a difficult game.

"Mark's got them playing well. We were fortunate to take six points off them this year in all honesty.

"We had two very tight games and we came out in top on both games, but both of them were very close."

.skysports.com

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 21:55