The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Taking a break EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Taking a break EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Taking a break EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Taking a break EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Taking a break EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Taking a break EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Taking a break EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Taking a break EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Taking a break EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Taking a break Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Taking a break

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Taking a break Empty Taking a break

Post by LOBO Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:04

Right firstly im not spitting my dummy out of the pram nor have i got the hump , i just think we need some space because things are getting a bit heated , yesterday vis called me an anti fan and Djfitso says me and lought post nonsense , that fine if thats what you think what hell is the point in posting , but like mark said fans boo when you lose and cheer when you win, that is me to a tee

anyway i will continue to post my predictions , and ill be back at the end of season ready for some transfer window debate

until then bye for now
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Taking a break Empty Re: Taking a break

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:14

Djfitso says me and lought post nonsense.

Twist something then bugger off, I did not say that you posted nonsense, infact you called my posts rubbish, all ive ever said is that the both of you mainly moan on here without giving any real solution to what you perceive the problems to be.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:39

lobo your being silly mate. nobody takes things persnonal. we should expect getting slated because we say things other people wont. Go on other spurs forums and they all sayin much the same as us.

defoe is rubbish
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:45

Loughtonlegend wrote:lobo your being silly mate. nobody takes things persnonal. we should expect getting slated because we say things other people wont. Go on other spurs forums and they all sayin much the same as us.

defoe is rubbish

And there you have it, you say things that have already been said, over and over and over again.

All-Time Club Performance Club Season League Domestic Cups Europe Total
    Games Goals Games Goals Games Goals Games Goals
    Bournemouth 00–01 29 18 1 1 0 0 30 19
    Club Total 29 18 1 1 0 0 30 19
    West Ham United 00–01 1 0 1 1 0 0 2 1
    01–02 35 10 4 4 0 0 39 14
    02–03 38 8 4 3 0 0 42 11
    03–04 19 11 3 4 0 0 22 15
    Club Total 93 29 12 12 0 0 105 41
    Tottenham Hotspur 03–04 15 7 0 0 0 0 15 7
    04–05 35 13 9 9 0 0 44 22
    05–06 36 9 2 0 0 0 38 9
    06–07 34 10 10 5 5 3 49 18
    07–08 19 4 7 1 5 3 31 8
    Club Total 139 43 28 15 10 6 177 64
    Portsmouth 07–08 12 8 0 0 0 0 12 8
    08–09 19 7 0 0 4 2 23 9
    Club Total 31 15 0 0 4 2 35 17
    Tottenham Hotspur 08–09 8 3 2 1 0 0 10 4
    09–10 34 18 9 6 0 0 43 24
    10–11 11 0 2 2 4 3 17 5
    Club Total 53 21 13 9 4 3 70 33
    Spurs Total 192 64 41 24 14 9 247 97
    Career Totals 345 126 54 37 18 11 417 174

So total 174 goals in 417 appearances, his not rubbish, his having a blip.

But your mind set is sell him.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:48

a blip is 29 games lol 3 goals. who cares what he done for the spammers in the fizzy pop league. thats rubbish remember. i mean adel 14 goals this season dont mean nuffin.

so how long do u keep playin a striker thats firing blanks and is not offering much for the team
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:a blip is 29 games lol 3 goals. who cares what he done for the spammers in the fizzy pop league. thats rubbish remember. i mean adel 14 goals this season dont mean nuffin.

His record for us until recently is good as well

so how long do u keep playin a striker thats firing blanks and is not offering much for the team

i dont know Lought, but if Pav cant score from 4 yards twice, is he the answer?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:22

LOBO wrote:Right firstly im not spitting my dummy out of the pram nor have i got the hump , i just think we need some space because things are getting a bit heated , yesterday vis called me an anti fan and Djfitso says me and lought post nonsense , that fine if thats what you think what hell is the point in posting , but like mark said fans boo when you lose and cheer when you win, that is me to a tee

anyway i will continue to post my predictions , and ill be back at the end of season ready for some transfer window debate

until then bye for now

Before you go Lobo please point me in the direction of the post in which I refered to you personally as an anti-fan ? It was a generalisation I used but one which you seem to feel was aimed at just you . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:58

so he missed 2 chances to defoe 5. defoe been missing chances all season and pav been scorin this season and last season

case closed
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:so he missed 2 chances to defoe 5. defoe been missing chances all season and pav been scorin this season and last season

case closed

did you watch the same game as me?

he got driven wide by Pavs through ball and he chipped the keeper and the defender headed against the bar and out, the only other one I recall was when Ppav fired it into him too hard, he killed it and smashed it wide, i only saw him slide the ball across the goal line where Pav was too late.

Pav had two easy headers and a shot right in front of goal that the defender hit on the arm.

So pray tell these other 3 easy chances that Defoe had? because Pav had three right infront of goal.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Feb 24 2011, 10:24

I was always of the opinion that the nice thing about having friends is that you can fall out with them, call them names, fight with them, nick their lawnmower, break it, get p*ssed with them, throw up on their kitchen floor, slag their choice of bird down and a myriad of other things that friends do to each other ................

And still remain friends.

Have the rules changed on here boys?
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Feb 24 2011, 10:39

Yes!
    Ion, you would make for a weird friend if you nick my lawnmower and throw up on my kitchen floor!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Feb 24 2011, 11:02

cstmrsking wrote:Yes!
    Ion, you would make for a weird friend if you nick my lawnmower and throw up on my kitchen floor!

Weirder if I mowed your kitchen floor then threw up on your lawn!

Though having said that, there was a time .................................................
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Feb 24 2011, 11:14

V weird. lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 19:51

[quote="djfitzo"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:so he missed 2 chances to defoe 5. defoe been missing chances all season and pav been scorin this season and last season

case closed

did you watch the same game as me?

he got driven wide by Pavs through ball and he chipped the keeper and the defender headed against the bar and out, the only other one I recall was when Ppav fired it into him too hard, he killed it and smashed it wide, i only saw him slide the ball across the goal line where Pav was too late.

Pav had two easy headers and a shot right in front of goal that the defender hit on the arm.

So pray tell these other 3 easy chances that Defoe had? because Pav had three right infront of goal.

Surprise, no response from Lought, you cant just make things up to suit your argument, i watched the whole
    game and if i saw Defoe have 5 good chances then I would say so, FACTS are that Pav had 2 easy headers and a shot right in front of goal and he missed all three.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 19:53

[quote="LOBO"]Right firstly im not spitting my dummy out of the pram nor have i got the hump , i just think we need some space because things are getting a bit heated , yesterday vis called me an anti fan and Djfitso says me and lought post nonsense , that fine if thats what you think what hell is the point in posting , but like mark said fans boo when you lose and cheer when you win, that is me to a tee

Ooooooooooooooooh! " ark at er aving a tantrum and then flouncing off like a mincing poof " lol!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25 2011, 02:16

how was pav header an easy chance. he had to generate power into the header. pav movment was better. he was involvoed in play a lot more.

defoe could of played pav in for a shot but didnt.

and anway defoe played 14 games this season so your sayin he dont waste chances lol. can i remind you that pav has 6 goals and thats with him not being a regular. not bad stats.

now ask yourself what if pav had the game time defoe or crouch has had. like the run of games they seem to get.

i think pav got 11 goals in 2010 and 9 was league goals so thats 15 goals to defoe 4(1 pen)
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Feb 25 2011, 08:47

[quote="lewspurs"]
    LOBO wrote:Right firstly im not spitting my dummy out of the pram nor have i got the hump , i just think we need some space because things are getting a bit heated , yesterday vis called me an anti fan and Djfitso says me and lought post nonsense , that fine if thats what you think what hell is the point in posting , but like mark said fans boo when you lose and cheer when you win, that is me to a tee

Ooooooooooooooooh! " ark at er aving a tantrum and then flouncing off like a mincing poof " lol!

I really hope that was joking banter Lew.

It wasn't too long ago that you felt you were in a similar position and wanted to leave for a bit. As I remember it you got a hell of a lot of encouragement to stay.

Even if it was banter, I still think it was a touch inappropriate, all things considered mate.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 25 2011, 09:57

I can understand posters wanting a break from the forum. I think
    sometimes it's a good idea if it stops you from saying something that you
    and others may regret. I think Lobo recognises that things may get a little out of hand and has taken the decision to step back and let the dust settle, not a bad thing sometimes.We all say inaprppriate things from time to time. I know I have. As for Lobo he like everybody on here is a valued poster and I hope he comes back posting soon.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25 2011, 18:50

[quote="ionman34"]
    lewspurs wrote:

It wasn't too long ago that you felt you were in a similar position and wanted to leave for a bit. As I remember it you got a hell of a lot of encouragement to stay.

Even if it was banter, I still think it was a touch inappropriate, all things considered mate.

Certainly was banter ion ! and a touch of lightheartedness to,... well ! lighten things up a bit.

It wasnt me that was actually in direct conflab mode with lobo if you read the posts through, i wasnt involved at all in what lobo has decided to do.

I think if lobo takes offence then he will get my apologies, but i hope he takes it in the way it was meant......a bit of a funny. jocolor

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Feb 25 2011, 20:23

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Certainly was banter ion ! and a touch of lightheartedness to,... well ! lighten things up a bit.

It wasnt me that was actually in direct conflab mode with lobo if you read the posts through, i wasnt involved at all in what lobo has decided to do.

I think if lobo takes offence then he will get my apologies, but i hope he takes it in the way it was meant......a bit of a funny. jocolor

I thought it was Lew but, after having Phil misinterpret my banter post, or should I say Bunter post, to Baz I could see how it could be taken the wrong way, in light of how high emotions were running.

It's one of the problems with writing, I suppose. Inflection is so difficult to get across, so it's easy to read things the wrong way, I refer you to my rant at Steve not so long ago.

Livened up the board a bit though hey?

What I find strange is that not so long ago, Lobo admitted himself that he likes to post contentiously just to provoke this kind of response. When he gets it he then takes a break?

Where are you Lobo? Why walk away from a scenario that you freely admit you enjoy? All it did was warm up a few bodies.

It probably saved a few sheckles in heating bills!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 02:03

[quote="ionman34"]
    lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

I thought it was Lew but, after having Phil misinterpret my banter post, or should I say Bunter post, to Baz I could see how it could be taken the wrong way, in light of how high emotions were running.

It's one of the problems with writing, I suppose. Inflection is so difficult to get across, so it's easy to read things the wrong way, I refer you to my rant at Steve not so long ago.

Livened up the board a bit though hey?

What I find strange is that not so long ago, Lobo admitted himself that he likes to post contentiously just to provoke this kind of response. When he gets it he then takes a break?

Where are you Lobo? Why walk away from a scenario that you freely admit you enjoy? All it did was warm up a few bodies.

It probably saved a few sheckles in heating bills!

I think lobo will be back ion ! he has virtually said he would just take a break from things, i can understand that......
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 26 2011, 02:13

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]how was pav header an easy chance. he had to generate power into the header. pav movment was better. he was involvoed in play a lot more.

defoe could of played pav in for a shot but didnt.

and anway defoe played 14 games this season so your sayin he dont waste chances lol. can i remind you that pav has 6 goals and thats with him not being a regular. not bad stats.

now ask yourself what if pav had the game time defoe or crouch has had. like the run of games they seem to get.

i think pav got 11 goals in 2010 and 9 was league goals so thats 15 goals to defoe 4(1 pen)

cobblers

Crouch scored a much harder header against Blackburn and Pav had two, the one right in the centre of the goal was a sitter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:33