The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Transfer Deal Policy EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Transfer Deal Policy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Transfer Deal Policy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Transfer Deal Policy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Transfer Deal Policy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Transfer Deal Policy EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Transfer Deal Policy EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Transfer Deal Policy EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Transfer Deal Policy EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Transfer Deal Policy Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Transfer Deal Policy

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Transfer Deal Policy Empty Transfer Deal Policy

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 00:33

Just read some ITK, over on Spurs Community, that I thought would be worthy of some serious debate on here.

Now this is by no means concrete, and I'm expecting further info on this to come, but the gist is this;

Spurs look to be possibly setting up a transfer policy with Real Madrid whereby we get a couple of their players, one signed and one on loan maybe, with a view that Real get their pick of one of our star players at a fixed price in a couple of years time. As I said, it's not concrete and the details are currently raather sketchy, but what think we of this deal?

I haven't really had time to digest this as yet and work out the pro's and con's, as I see them, to see whether I think this is mutually beneficial, but I fail to see how it couldn't be if I'm honest. It is really rare to see RM with ordinary players so any coming in our direction could only be a benefit. I see this as being a good avenue to us gaining World Class players who would be willing to play for us, for a period of time, if they can't get regular first team Football with RM.

In a nutshell, my initial feeling is one of excitement at this kind of deal. Levy has already kicked this off over in S. Africa and Brazil, getting Real Madrid on board would be an absolutely massive coup for us.

A partnership, of sorts, with Real Madrid? f*ck me Dead! That is mind blowing.

Your thoughts on this guys before I get too carried away here.

Transfer Deal Policy Empty Re: Transfer Deal Policy

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:25

It wouldnt be for me ion, as you say they get one of our star players at a fixed price, what do we get, one of their players on loan or get to sign one of their lesser lights, i cant see them letting us have one of their best players.
    Say the deal was in place now, and the fixed price on modric or sandro was £15 mill. Embarassed
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:30

they could be something in this on SSN .COM Kaka has come down from 33/1 to 7/2 to join us after a flurry of bets today
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:38

So if I read this properly they could have the pick of any of ours Modric, Sandro, Bale etc and they would be a permanent for Madrid We get a permanent from them and a Loan. Depends if we have a pick of their cream I suppose. The other thing is would their top players want to play for us?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:40

lewspurs wrote:It wouldnt be for me ion, as you say they get one of our star players at a fixed price, what do we get, one of their players on loan or get to sign one of their lesser lights, i cant see them letting us have one of their best players.
    Say the deal was in place now, and the fixed price on modric or sandro was £15 mill. Embarassed

You honestly think Levy would sanction that? Or sanction anything that saw us get the lesser of the deal?

Like I said, the details are sketchy, but if it means we get a player like Benzema or Kaka on loan?

I think the player we'll sign is Diarra, from what I'm hearing that's pretty much a done deal, but would you turn your nose up at either of the other 2 for a year? What if the deal was that we get Kaka in place of Bale? The permutations are myriad here. There's also the possibility that they only get first refusal at that fixed price and that we're not obligated to sell.

My point is that we may be on the verge of setting up a deal with RM, similar to that we have with Internazionale. As we've seen with the Damiao negotiations, the set up doesn't automatically mean they, or we, have to sell.

Any deal, particularly one that involves a form of 'partnering', has to have a 'Win-win' element.

I'm sure DL will ensure that we get our 'win' out of the deal.

Incidentally, he's in Madrid at the moment.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:44

Ok, have to see what pans out ion, and i know levy isnt that daft to put our main assets (star player/s) at risk.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:51

BazSpur wrote:So if I read this properly they could have the pick of any of ours Modric, Sandro, Bale etc and they would be a permanent for Madrid We get a permanent from them and a Loan. Depends if we have a pick of their cream I suppose. The other thing is would their top players want to play for us?

That's for right now Baz. As I said to Lew, the details are sketchy. Diarra looks likely with another on loan. Say it was Benzema. Who's to say we couldn't make the deal permanent if Real don't need him the following year and we make CL?

What if the same were said for Kaka?

What if it entails Bale going there for a couple of years with us getting first refusal on a buy back?

I very much doubt that DL will accept a deal where we are the feeder, getting their cast-offs in return. I see it as giving us access to WC players at a time when we are finding it difficult. Should we attain, and maintain, CL participation then we could see WC players going back and forth to the benefit of both clubs.

This is the kind of vision I see for this type of deal. So long as both clubs look to make the partnership mutually beneficial, and not try to shaft each other, then it could be the precursor to huge Worldwide exposure for us in particular. It also gives RM access to one of the biggest fan bases in World Football, ours.

Added revenue for both.

Like I said, this IMHO, is an extremely exciting development if it comes to fruition.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:54

I see, it looks good on paper ion and as you say DL is no mug so you would have to trust his judgement.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 01:59

I'm rather amazed here. I see this as potentially being one of the most major pieces of business that Spurs have done in the last 20-30 years and the response on here is lukewarm at best.

I see nothing but complaint about the lack of debateable material, then put up one that, IMO, is absolutely huge and get 2 liner responses!

Seriously, is it only me that see's the absolutely enormous potential this has for our club?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 02:17

Well, speaking personally ion. I think it would be brilliant but we don't know if it's going to happen. Is it a rumour or is this official? If it's officially being mooted by Spurs and Real then all well and good and I hope it benefits us as much as them. I haven't seen anything about it anywhere.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jul 31 2011, 02:34

I cant get to excited about ITK's on SC or any other site for that matter Ion ... The amount of ITK thats out there and how much does actualy materialise?

Lets assume the vague details are true ....I would think the loans of any of their players would be players either their deadwood ( be putting them into the premeirship shop window ) or their young upcoming players ... I suppose it would be a good thing if we could strike up a loan deal contract with them as at present what they tend to do is sell their young players to lower spanish clubs with a buy back cluse ...This , with the FFP rules soon to become reality I would think beneficial to both clubs ... We would perhaps be getting in a top player who's wages would be subsidised as Mark has said , for example Kaka ....

The downside is we could well have to agree to a lower transfer fee for a star player currently on our books ... But then this also could have the affect where the Mancs and Chavs will give up hassling us for them ...

The south american connection is one Ive long advocated and Im pleased with what we seem to be doing there .. Good young south amarican players will be more likly to sign for us knowing we have a Real Madrid connection ....

Anyway ..Im gonna wait and see what develops but as you say I think theres more positives in this than negatives ...
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 02:54

ArnieArdiles wrote:I cant get to excited about ITK's on SC or any other site for that matter Ion ... The amount of ITK thats out there and how much does actualy materialise?

Depends on the ITK Arnie. This is coming from 2 particularly reliable ITK's so I feel it has extremely good debate viability. It's generated over 20 pages on SC so I think I'm right on that. I thought it would be nice to bring it onto this board though.

Lets assume the vague details are true ....I would think the loans of any of their players would be players either their deadwood ( be putting them into the premeirship shop window ) or their young upcoming players ... I suppose it would be a good thing if we could strike up a loan deal contract with them as at present what they tend to do is sell their young players to lower spanish clubs with a buy back cluse ...This , with the FFP rules soon to become reality I would think beneficial to both clubs ... We would perhaps be getting in a top player who's wages would be subsidised as Mark has said , for example Kaka ....

Other possibilities are Benzema or Higuain. This is beginning to gather pace too as COYS are also saying that something is going on with RM.

I also do not believe for one minute that we'd end up with their 'deadwood' (I really hate that term) or youngsters whilst they get the cream of our talent. Levy deals to the benefit of THFC and nop one else.

The downside is we could well have to agree to a lower transfer fee for a star player currently on our books ... But then this also could have the affect where the Mancs and Chavs will give up hassling us for them ...

Or, due to the advent of the FFP regs, we could end up agreeing what will be an inflated price for said player. Say it's Bale and we agree a fee of 35 million for him in 2 years. It is widely believed that the 'huge' fees of now will disappear after this season, so 35 mill might be an enormous fee for 2014. There's no way Levy will say 'OK, let's agree 15 million for Gareth in 2014 and, in the meantime, we take Canales and that 16 year old prospect you've just got shaving.'

The south american connection is one Ive long advocated and Im pleased with what we seem to be doing there .. Good young south amarican players will be more likly to sign for us knowing we have a Real Madrid connection ....

ANYONE will be more likely to sign for us with a RM connection.

Anyway ..Im gonna wait and see what develops but as you say I think theres more positives in this than negatives ...

Mate, it may all be pie in the sky, but the potential here is huge. It's not like we're partnering Heerenveen for the odd possibility, it's Real f*cking Madrid! If the only player we get is Kaka then it is worth it as we'd NEVER have a prayer of getting a player like him otherwise. Incidentally, his Mum has been quoted as saying they will be in London next season to spread the word of God.

SCCHHHHWINGGGGGGG!!!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jul 31 2011, 03:32

Just been reading the SC forum site ......Never have liked it much , duplicated threads is a disease there lol

Do you have a link to the thread you've been reading ?

Ive now set up The Real Madrid Now Page to my faves and be keeping an eye on developments ......

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 03:37

ArnieArdiles wrote:Just been reading the SC forum site ......Never have liked it much , duplicated threads is a disease there lol

Ive now set up The Real Madrid Now Page to my faves and be keeping an eye on developments ......

i dont go on there arnold so you cant blame me........ lol! lol! lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jul 31 2011, 03:44

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Just been reading the SC forum site ......Never have liked it much , duplicated threads is a disease there lol

lmao
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 03:58

It's all on the ITK discussion Arnie.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jul 31 2011, 04:29

ionman34 wrote:

I got this Ion

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=76672&page=5

archibald on SO via FTL:

interesting option referring to Real Madrid:

No Cryptics here just thoughts and a bit of info...

Would you take 2 players from a club one signed, one on loan and then give the team you are taking from first option at an agreed price for one of your stars for 2 seasons time?

Good business if you ask me...

I dont know the players involved!

Archibald is an ITK and so too the other one, Phantom Of The Lane ( POTL ) but they rarely get it right ...

They keep the Forums ticking over ,,,,we shall see ......
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 05:02

Haha Lew. That's it keep your sense of humour son lol.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 05:09

BazSpur wrote:i dont go on there arnold so you cant blame me........ lol! lol! lol!

Haha Lew. That's it keep your sense of humour son lol.

It cant be bad baz, got me my first rep in ages. lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 13:09

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

I got this Ion

archibald on SO via FTL:

Would you take 2 players from a club one signed, one on loan and then give the team you are taking from first option at an agreed price for one of your stars for 2 seasons time?

Archibald is an ITK and so too the other one, Phantom Of The Lane ( POTL ) but they rarely get it right ...

POTL hasn't commented on this yet. He is also highly respected on COYS which carries some weight as WUM's are banned at the drop of a hat on there.

Akqayid also put up ITK relating to RM that backed up the speculation that something big was happening with Real. Both he and Archibald have a good track record on SC. The log gives you the opportunity to see previous ITK from them so you can see their accuracy.

As I said at the start of the post, it's not concrete, may come to nothing and is sketchy at the moment. But I felt it was worthy of debate as the question, if it should ever come to fruition, could have huge implications for the club.

How often have we had Lew or Baz put up a 'what if' post on here that has had 3 to 4 pages of debate and speculation? We all know the scenario posted would never happen, i.e. 'If you could buy any player in the World, what would your first choice 11 be?'

Yet I put up a similar scenario, with the possibility that it might just have better than an outside chance of happening, and you lot have zero interest virtually.

I give up, you'd all much rather bitch and slag off manager, Chairman et al because they haven't brought in player of choice, slag off player (insert name) because they haven't played to vaunted expectations and generally knock anything/anyone that the 'meeja' happens to paint a target on at any given point in time. Pages and pages of bile, bad attitude and pessimism, all speculation of course, yet put up a positive one and you get the 'never happen' comments or the 'we'll just get their cast offs and get mugged' bullsh*t.

Bill Nick would despair.

Well sod the lot of you. lol! You want to exist in your Grey, limited, 'we're only good enough for' World then be my guest.

In my World it's all Sunshine and Rainbows. I'll continue to dream of the best coming to us until I then EXPECT the best to come to us. I'll maintain my faith that Levy's dream is the same as mine and that we'll be the biggest club in the World. When the rest of you are saying 'It'll never happen', I'll keep believing it will.

Because I've set my sights so high that even failure will have an echo of glory in it.

Do as you will, think as you want, I'll never change and fully EXPECT us to be the Worlds biggest club in my lifetime. To that end I will continue believing that deals like this WILL happen. I have faith in the Chairman.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:03

ionman34 wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

I got this Ion

archibald on SO via FTL:

POTL hasn't commented on this yet. He is also highly respected on COYS which carries some weight as WUM's are banned at the drop of a hat on there.

Akqayid also put up ITK relating to RM that backed up the speculation that something big was happening with Real. Both he and Archibald have a good track record on SC. The log gives you the opportunity to see previous ITK from them so you can see their accuracy.

As I said at the start of the post, it's not concrete, may come to nothing and is sketchy at the moment. But I felt it was worthy of debate as the question, if it should ever come to fruition, could have huge implications for the club.

How often have we had Lew or Baz put up a 'what if' post on here that has had 3 to 4 pages of debate and speculation? We all know the scenario posted would never happen, i.e. 'If you could buy any player in the World, what would your first choice 11 be?'

Yet I put up a similar scenario, with the possibility that it might just have better than an outside chance of happening, and you lot have zero interest virtually.

I give up, you'd all much rather bitch and slag off manager, Chairman et al because they haven't brought in player of choice, slag off player (insert name) because they haven't played to vaunted expectations and generally knock anything/anyone that the 'meeja' happens to paint a target on at any given point in time. Pages and pages of bile, bad attitude and pessimism, all speculation of course, yet put up a positive one and you get the 'never happen' comments or the 'we'll just get their cast offs and get mugged' bullsh*t.

Bill Nick would despair.

Well sod the lot of you. lol! You want to exist in your Grey, limited, 'we're only good enough for' World then be my guest.

In my World it's all Sunshine and Rainbows. I'll continue to dream of the best coming to us until I then EXPECT the best to come to us. I'll maintain my faith that Levy's dream is the same as mine and that we'll be the biggest club in the World. When the rest of you are saying 'It'll never happen', I'll keep believing it will.

Because I've set my sights so high that even failure will have an echo of glory in it.

Do as you will, think as you want, I'll never change and fully EXPECT us to be the Worlds biggest club in my lifetime. To that end I will continue believing that deals like this WILL happen. I have faith in the Chairman.

Seriously ion, imo i dont think it will happen anyway,but who knows and i respect your excitement on such a developement.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:32

There might be something in this actually. There is a discussion on facebook. Kaka's odds have been slahed from 33/1 to 7/2 to become a Spurs player. The facebook discussion centres around just what ion has been saying. OK I'm interested lol. Not that I didn't believe you ion but I hadn't seen it anywhere else. Anyway fair play to you mate. You were spot on the money about it. As you say, it may come to nothing but at least there does seem to be something going on.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:37

From facebook.

• Transfer Deal Policy 203096_1181858591_5860711_q
    • John Major ‎2
      players from Real one signed, one on loan and then you give them first
      option at an agreed price for one of our stars in 2 seasons time16 hours ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203333_100001477503811_888135_qDavid Bayaram Are you this secret ITK J lol15 hours ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203096_1181858591_5860711_qJohn Major No but i know a man who is, pretty reliable source, called the Coubially deal bang on15 hours ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203333_100001477503811_888135_qDavid Bayaram Friend suggest lol15 hours ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 275801_100000343780908_6018431_qDean Grey So who is going to be a Yid... when the transfer window closes then John?15 hours ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203096_1181858591_5860711_qJohn Major soon as i hear, i`ll pass on49 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203333_100001477503811_888135_qDavid Bayaram Sky Sports John....breaking news hehehe46 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203096_1181858591_5860711_qJohn Major No mate, straight up45 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203333_100001477503811_888135_qDavid Bayaram Hope you say that the Crouch-Zamora story is all bollox44 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203096_1181858591_5860711_qJohn Major yes it is !!35 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

• Transfer Deal Policy 203333_100001477503811_888135_qDavid Bayaram Good34 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203096_1181858591_5860711_qJohn Major I think Diarra is the signing and one of Kaka or Benzema season long loan31 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203333_100001477503811_888135_qDavid Bayaram So Jenas can bugger off30 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203096_1181858591_5860711_qJohn Major Think we`ll have to virtually give JJ, DB and Keane away just to get them off the wage bill28 minutes ago · Like

• Transfer Deal Policy 203333_100001477503811_888135_qDavid Bayaram Bloody hope so16 minutes ago · Like

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:40

ionman34 wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

I got this Ion

archibald on SO via FTL:

Bill Nick would despair.

[b]Well im not going to get into a debate about ITKs with you Ion but I will say plenty of the ITKs are forum insiders, however I will take your word for it regarding those you mentioned ...

I can see a few more deals such as this with the FFP rules on the horizon so something like this with a club like Real Madrid can only be a good thing for us. I'm not really a fan of loan deals per se...I think theres way to much of it in football nowadays and plenty of the deals are done merely because the 'big clubs' with the money have bloated their squads to unmanageable levels having plundered numerous others ... Man City's center forward situation is a good example and some may say ours is with center halves being loaned out almost on a daily basis it seems .... We've just bought a 24 year old South African international and sent him out on loan to a championship side.

Regarding the speculation I can play that too , just like Lew & Baz but I find it tiresome ...For Baz its probably to keep the forum ticking over, for as you rightly point out its more inclined to get poster involvement...

We're 20+ posts into this thread so its not doing to bad ? Didnt you know , we do like to bitch ? It's what some of us do best, apparently it chalks up views lol..... ( views , not to be confused with participation )

You're optimism is great, you're definitely Spurs manager material and I have it too believe me lol but for this upcoming season, which I see as Harrys last at the club, it's slightly tempered thats all .... I just dont see Levy & Harry on the same wavelength regarding whats best for THFC and as Ive already said in another post in the Doom & Gloom thread I see this season as a wait and see season, one with no major changes that many of us would like to see especialy with regards to our forward line..

I too have faith in the chairman that he he remains steadfast and does not cave in to Harry over signing players in their 30s on three million+ a year contracts ....
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 31 2011, 23:19

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

I got this Ion

archibald on SO via FTL:

Bill Nick would despair.

Well im not going to get into a debate about ITKs with you Ion but I will say plenty of the ITKs are forum insiders, however I will take your word for it regarding those you mentioned ...

[b]Agreed, debate on ITK is fruitless really.

I can see a few more deals such as this with the FFP rules on the horizon so something like this with a club like Real Madrid can only be a good thing for us. I'm not really a fan of loan deals per se...I think theres way to much of it in football nowadays and plenty of the deals are done merely because the 'big clubs' with the money have bloated their squads to unmanageable levels having plundered numerous others ... Man City's center forward situation is a good example and some may say ours is with center halves being loaned out almost on a daily basis it seems .... We've just bought a 24 year old South African international and sent him out on loan to a championship side.

Big difference between them and us though mate. Citeh have bought to prevent others from having these players. We've bought because we have question marks over certain of our CH's. We all know Ledders' days are numbered, as are Billy's. That leaves Kaboul, Dawson and assong (if he stays) as first team choices. Naughton is a prospect, albeita great one, so Bongani, to me, is good business for either next year or the following if he makes it.
    He's also a sound investment for the SA income.

Regarding the speculation I can play that too , just like Lew & Baz but I find it tiresome ...For Baz its probably to keep the forum ticking over, for as you rightly point out its more inclined to get poster involvement...

That is the point isn't it?

We're 20+ posts into this thread so its not doing to bad ? Didnt you know , we do like to bitch ? It's what some of us do best, apparently it chalks up views lol..... ( views , not to be confused with participation )

Well it's got to 20, or so, because I spat the dummy, metaphorically speaking. lol!

You're optimism is great, you're definitely Spurs manager material and I have it too believe me lol but for this upcoming season, which I see as Harrys last at the club, it's slightly tempered thats all .... I just dont see Levy & Harry on the same wavelength regarding whats best for THFC and as Ive already said in another post in the Doom & Gloom thread I see this season as a wait and see season, one with no major changes that many of us would like to see especialy with regards to our forward line..

I too have faith in the chairman that he he remains steadfast and does not cave in to Harry over signing players in their 30s on three million+ a year contracts ....

And this is the reason, as I see it, that a loan deal would be bang on the money for us. More and more I'm coming around to your way of thinking here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Harry should go, far from it. I am just getting this gut feeling that he will be moving on in the not too distant future.

But Spurs cannot afford this 'wait and see' policy you seem to believe will occur. Not bringing in players that improve our squad is as dangerous as selling our stars off. Do you think, for one minute, that ManU, Chelsea or the goons would do this? And they are in a far better position than us.

No, for me loan deals will be the safe way to progress in the short term whilst also allowing that, if there is a management change, we're not left with 30+ million of unwanted player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:32