The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
MarkA249
totalytot
HotspurRoper
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 01:32

no its not down its under a new name but i dont remember what that was. ill have a look but i wont b on here until after the game,

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Aug 26 2011, 05:29

Tottenham: Cudicini; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Townsend; Fredericks, Huddlestone, Livermore, Carroll; Pavlyuchenko, Kane.

Subs: Friedel, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, Kranjcar, Nicholson, Defoe, Van der Vaart.

Good luck to the youngsters .... And Adybayor sitting in the West Stand...

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 06:47

Fair play to Kane for attempting the pen. Not a too sorry showing from the youngsters. Credit to the Hearts fans for creating atmosphere . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:53

Nice comfertable run out for the fringe players & players like Thudd coming back from injury. Only negative was how totally useless Pavy was. Full 90 minutes and he couldn't hit a barn door with a sh*tty stick. Worse then Defoe & not a match for Crouchinio. Me thinks the enigmatic Russkie will be gone with-in the week . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:55

Pav was sh*t, end of.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:59

yep, very disappointed with Pav, he just doesnt look bothered at all, cash in on him!

I was impressed with Carroll, good passer & vision. Townsend looks promising, but he still needs to work on his game and crosses especially. Should of brought on defoe and vdv just to win the game for the fans.

the draw is tomorrow, not sure what time it is.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:07

ye because he was gettin so much servies wasnt he, because defoe only scored in 2 games last season,

and as for the fredrick i hope he never plays again, the kid was utter sh*t. every time he got the ball he tried the same thing,
    not pav best nite but no service and stil goalscorer then defoe,

and please crouch. hes useless
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:18

He was sh*t Lought. He had the ball at his feet on more than one occasion. His passing was non-existent and as for his wild shots at goal? Don't get me started. I know he's your blue eyed boy mate but you can't defend the indefensible. Even the commentators comented how bad he was so it isn't just us.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:27

yes he had a bad game, crouch is worse, end of,

ffs 1 meaninless game a dead rubber if you like and hes in a team thats near enough rubbish,
    not the first time harry hang him out to dry,
    freidrikson was awfull,

towsend didnt track back, . livermoor and carrol done well,

kane pen was awfull and he done ok. he seem more of a midfeilder then a striker,
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:59

Yes but Crouch wasn't playing Pav was. When he plays he should grab the opportunity to take his chance. To me he didn't look that interested. I used to think a lot of Pav but now it looks to me as if he don't care. As one of the commentators said "He looks as if he would rather be playing anywhere else."

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 09:10

Lought, 55 minutes in Pav recieves a pass and shoot's. It was that awful that it didn't go for a goal kick, didn't even go for a throw-in. FFS it ended up behind where Pavy shot from ! ! ! You are always ready to slag off other players so take the blinkers off and analyse Pav tonight. He got service. He got caught offside, and couldn't have scored in Crouchinios favourite Spanish brothel . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 09:16

yet still scores in real games. still manages to out score defoe and the spaz combind

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 09:27

Well what the f*ck was tonight Lought if it wasn't a real game ? A qualifing match for a European cup competiton. They don't come much more real than that . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 09:38

OK rather then look at negatives, like so many seem to want to do most of the time, let's look at positives . . . . .

A youthful Tottenham XI acquitted themselves well as they drew with Hearts to secure comfortable progress into the Europa League group stages.

Trailing 5-0 from the first leg, a much-changed Hearts side, playing for pride, struck the bar early on through Gordon Smith's turn-and-shot.

But Spurs, who fielded six academy graduates, edged the game overall.

Andros Townsend was their star turn, while Harry Kane missed the best chance from the spot after being felled.

It was a lively match for long periods despite effectively being a dead rubber featuring weakened line-ups.

In the end, though, the night was more memorable from a Tottenham point of view for the signings of Emmanuel Adebayor and Iago Falque on season-long loan deals, both announced during play, and the absence of Luka Modric - who did not even feature on the bench as talk of a move to Chelsea continued to circle White Hart Lane.

Still, there was enough potential on show to please both sets of supporters.

Outshining their senior team-mates, the likes of Scott Robinson and Ryan McGowan were full of running for the visitors - and alongside Smith's shot that hit the bar, Daniel Grainger and Mehdi Taouil both had fine efforts from range that forced home keeper Carlo Cudicini into action.

For their part, and with the likes of Jake Livermore and Tom Carroll pulling the strings in midfield, Tottenham were typically crisp and confident in their passing.

But the hosts did not create too many chances, Kane forcing a smart save from the angle before earning a penalty when he was felled by Jamie MacDonald, only for his firm effort to be kept out well by the Hearts keeper low to his right.

Roman Pavlyuchenko also brought a save out of MacDonald with a long-range curler - but the tie had been won long before kick-off at White Hart Lane, a fact that was all-too obvious as the game petered out in the final stages.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp: "They [the youngsters] all did well - and this will only improve them. This is a big stage for them, a massive step up, but it can only do them good.

"As for what my team will be in this competition going forward, well you've got to be careful, you've got to juggle your squad. I'll play the kids at times, but when there are vital games you want to win and keep progressing. It's a balancing act.

"[Transfers?] The chairman's on a couple of transfers at the moment. There's one or two in the pipeline, but we don't need to bring them in by the lorryload here, we've got good players."
    Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 3 _54833057_kane
    The lively Harry Kane earned Tottenham a penalty, only to see it saved

A very youthfull Spurs side done a very good job against foreign opposistion in a European cup competition. All the youngsters done them-selves proud and the future is looking promising. The loan deals of the last couple of seasons seem to have paid off as no single youngster look over-awed or out of place on the turf at White Hart Lane . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 09:58

what a lot of rubbish
    hearts also played there kids and they matched ours,

carrole done well
    dawson lol even hearts kid made him look silly
    towsend he did try but no end product.
    harry kane, harry who
    livermoor. few loose passes
    fredrick looked lost, doubt we will see him again,
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Aug 26 2011, 12:11

I'm happy to see young players bought in to play a 2nd leg when we're already 5 goals up ....I'm not concerned by the fact that we didnt score another shedload of goals, I'm more concerned with our predictable pattern of play .... It was as if the manager told the team to get it out wide and put crosses in and that was it ...The amount of times we gave up possesion on cross field balls to the wingers that didnt need to be made was ridiculous... The game is all about keeping possession playin the simple ball and probing the opponents defences whoever the opponent ...We didnt really do that until the last 20 minutes when the Hearts players were tiring...

The experience for the young players can only do them good but it wouldve been a better night if just one of them had a stand-out performance where we all thought, wow ...
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Aug 26 2011, 18:19

Dour game but what did we expect 5-0 up good to see TheHudd get full 90 min Carroll played well even though he should of been in bed by kick off time. Kane tried but no service hardly to him if them chances fell to him than useless waste of space called Pav might of won think he might go in this last week on loan to the Geordies otherwise he will know how Keane felt Adebayor will be first choice followed by Defoe then Crouchino then Kane or Pav. Ooops gone off subject lol Fredricks bit overcome by it all needs a loan he does and eat some food seen more fat on a chip. Townsend is he the new Tarrabt good skills but no end product if he works on end product could be a good player and hes no left back. And calling Dawson a poor mans Senderos is shocking yes he has nightmare sometimes but so does all defenders as the commentaor said last night we concede more without Awesome Dawson in the team
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 26 2011, 20:26

Can't disagree with any of that Mark.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Aug 26 2011, 21:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:yet still scores in real games. still manages to out score defoe and the spaz combind

None of our strikers were any good last year Lought. The difference is that when Defoe or Crouch play they try and they play to win. Pav has never tried he has always played like he wishes he was somewhere else and don't give me that bollox that he hasn't had a run because he has had runs and still plays like he doesn't care.
    I don't know why you don't go and support the Hammers then you can have a really good moan.

Pav is a complete waste of space, always has been always will be unfortunately it seems that every other club seems to thinks so and we can't get rid of the pile of sh*t.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 26 2011, 23:33

Lol, f*ck me, don't sit on the fence Mikey. Say what you mean.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 01:48

who wants a striker running around like a headless chicken,

so your saying gary lineker wouldnt get into spurs team today lol
    crouch has been dire for us, hes got sumthing like 12 goals in 72 games,
    defoe cant score aganst big teams,
    pav record speaks for itself.
    its a shame you dont moan about defoe and crouch as much as pav,

and adel has no end product. well last season he was top scorer and most assits in a tough league,

did bale get any assits, i think modric only got 2 last season,.
    and lennon final ball is great isnt it
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Aug 27 2011, 02:00

Bit of a damp squib after last weeks game. I know it must have been hard for the youngsters, and I was praying that I would see a future Gazza, Hoddle or Greaves out there, but, and I know I am being totaly unfair, I did not. Townsend run his socks off but could not seem to get a good cross in, Kane had a fair game but what a poor penalty, Townsend, I agree with Mark, good skills but no end product. Now Pav. I have always rated Pav and feel that he has far more to offer than say Crouch or Defoe, but in last nights game I saw a different side to him, he played as though he does not want to be here, a half hearted performance. However, I was very pleased with Krancjar and I hope he stays, and I also thought Cudicini had a good game, very clean handling of the crosses, a better keeper than Gomes imo.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Aug 27 2011, 02:01

when Giovani went into the Championship u said it was a easy league now your saying its hard make your mind up. As for Adels end product i mean when he was with us not now but he was superb against Bolton was he not lol. No we dont want to see a striker running around like a headless chicken but we did last night and it wasnt young Kane. I really used to like Pav but he has gone dire least Crouchino can offer u a plan b as for Defoe yes he was shocking last season but i know who i would have in my team and it wont be the Roman Smirnoff

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 03:33

1 game bolton where qpr feel apart secound half, like i said before how many good games in the prem did bale have last season, he has no end product, lennon woefull

if all your plan b is long ball hoof then bring back gerry lol
    how sad that when you get desprete you play wimbledon football,

the championshiop is harder then the prem, just ask boro fans. its all negative football so its hard for skillfull players,
    yet adel won player of the year.
    bentley 18mill whats he ever done,
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 27 2011, 03:44

Defoe never scores against the big teams? Maybe he's just unlucky. TBH I couldn't give a f*ck whether he scores against the big teams or not as long as he gets a decent haul this season. I don't care if he scores 15 all against lower opposition it still gets us points. That argument from you Lought is nonsensical. Who cares if he only scores against the Wigan's or Blackburn's and Stokes of this World. He is still scoring. Yes he needs to have a better season than last. Tell us something we don't all know already ffs. As for Pav he was absolutely woeful against Hearts, total sh*t mate. He couldn't have hit the barn let alone the barn door.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 03 2024, 23:45