The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
MarkA249
totalytot
HotspurRoper
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 05:56

The argument from me is . . . . Did Defoe play the 2nd leg against Hearts ? Didn't think so ! But Pavy was given a chance and blew it. Youngsters all around him ready to do service for the old sweat pro and all Pavy was intrested in was showing off his lateset ink . . . . .

Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian - Page 4 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Heart Of Midlothian

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 07:33

thats just it baz defoe dont bloody score, go look at hes recored since hes been back with us, and no he never sccores away at top grounds. in fact last seaon he only scored 4 goals

the season before he only got 1 pen in the last 12 games of the season in games he mostly started

so pav was rubbish in 1 game where he had no service, the wingers where woefull, yet he constantly outscores the girrarf and defoe yet has never had a run of games they have had,

have you seen the goals pav has scored, yet defoe goes missing in nearly most games.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Aug 27 2011, 08:13

You talk rubbish Lought. It wasn't just this one game it's practicaly every game. And keep going on about comparing him with Defoe and Crouch nobody is. Most think they are all useless and let us down badly last season but they tried Pav never seems to try, he just doesn't care. That game yesterday is how he performs every time he puts on a Spurs shirt and the f*cking Russian should P*ss off as soon as possible.

He has always been like that sure he's scored the odd good goal but all strikers do sometimes even the bad ones and he is one of the bad ones. And as for saying he doesn't get the service what bollox.So not only are our strikers rubbish but now the midfield have let him down, so the only good player in the side is Pav well he should be worth at least 50mil. Funny we can't give him away at the moment and Spurs have been trying for over a year.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 08:27

did i say pav is world class, i stated for ages hes the best of a bad bunch, hes there to score goals and when hes playin wel he offers more then defoe and crouch.

if pav is so rubish how come he scored more then the other 2 combinind

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 08:48

Loughtonlegend wrote:did i say pav is world class, i stated for ages hes the best of a bad bunch, hes there to score goals and when hes playin wel he offers more then defoe and crouch.

if pav is so rubish how come he scored more then the other 2 combinind

Maybe, just maybe, because players like Bale, Lennon, Modric, Dawson, his fellow strike partners, just about the rest of the sqaud give him the service ? Just a thought tho' . . . . ..

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:56

well i thought most of pavs goals are through hes on skill,
    goal v bolton away after he come of the bench
    bolton home, chelsea home, birmingham

and didnt harry turn town 12mill for him last season,
    nobody wants our strikers because we want too much for them

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 10:01

Or maybe just flukey, lucky pokes from distance ? I suppose it's all about inturpretation ? I do not dislike Pavy Lought but he sure ain't the saviour of The Lane as you like to see him. An average striker with a taste for coasting to often, rather then getting stuck in and looking for the opportuinity . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 10:12

yes vis i agree hes not super. he dont derserve to start evey game, but neither do the other 2.

fair play to harry though because he picked pav a lot last season even above golden boy.

but that goal away at bolton wernt lucky. its about technique

defoe also scores good goals but rarely scores taps ins. hes no poacher
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Aug 27 2011, 19:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:1 game bolton where qpr feel apart secound half, like i said before how many good games in the prem did bale have last season, he has no end product, lennon woefull

if all your plan b is long ball hoof then bring back gerry lol
    how sad that when you get desprete you play wimbledon football,

the championshiop is harder then the prem, just ask boro fans. its all negative football so its hard for skillfull players,
    yet adel won player of the year.
    bentley 18mill whats he ever done,

Let's recap;

Bale has no end product. <snigger>

The Championship is harder than the Prem (must be why so many return to it, desperate for the competition)

Skillful players find it hard in the Championship (must be why they're all on squillions in the 'easier Prem Wot?)

Lought is now comparing Taarabt to Bentley (He's finally finding his level then?)

Simon Pegg started off life writing comedy material for an obscure programme called The Big Train and has ended up as a Hollywood star.

Based on the above, I'd say you have a huge future ahead of you Lought, you definitely had me rolling.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 27 2011, 20:55

Makes me wonder how we ever achieved 4th. We finised 5th last season, surely with all those woeful players we should have been relegated.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Aug 27 2011, 23:34

BazSpur wrote:Makes me wonder how we ever achieved 4th. We finised 5th last season, surely with all those woeful players we should have been relegated.

But Baz, apparently we're not good enough to be relegated.

Better we stay in the 'easier Premiership' and settle for the mediocre players that are all it will attract.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 28 2011, 00:16

Tut, tut, ion. I forgot about that.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 00:52

you two should get a room lol

i meant the championship is harder as in more physical league.

and i see your having a dig at david bentley another player i didnt want yet hes worth 18mill

when was the last time bale had a good prem game, ansers on a postcard.
    baz still dont remember the everton games when phill nevil had him in hes pocket like smallin did the other night,

some back up wouldnt go a miss, thats prob why burger got banned because he also can remember things

other posters remember bale not being able to get past phill nevill
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Aug 28 2011, 02:04

Pav's performance against Hearts is indefensible , in fact it were embarrassing, he's meant to be an international striker of a nation with a decent level of football..

He were playing alongside a young debutant Kane and not once did I see him try to bring the youngster into the game but preffering to try some outlandish shots .... Did he talk to Kane during the game with his limited english , did he look in Kane's direction , did he even care who his strike partner was?

Ive seen it in games with Defoe too ...Defoe has always been greedy we know that ... Maybe playing at the same club with Defoe these last few years, the greedy side to Pav's game has come to the fore ..In the past although he's performances could never be described as out of this world..On many occasions plenty of misscontrolled touches and wayward passes but never so many shots aimed at the corner flag and neither could we say his performances were selfish driven ..

Perhaps its the pressure of not being the number one striker like how he was at his russian clubs..Perhaps getting picked to play a second leg alongside the youngsters whilst the manager's favoured number one striker Defoe was getting rested on the bench, just confirmed to him that the only way he would regain his place was to score a hatfull of goals ...

...Bale, VDV, PAV, Defoe, Kranjcar , all these players have been trying some outlandish shots in the past two games alone... ..Whether its under management instructions, Im not sure. I just think we have some proper wanky attitudes at the club, the team ethos is not always there...Recall the Anderson ManUre goal against us, where Wellbeck backheels it to his team mate rather than attempt to carve out a chance for a shoot himself ....Can you see our lot doing that , Defoe , Pav, Bale ?

Oh well, we've now got the team player that is Ade upfront , the kind of character that understands the team ethos...
    It's all gonna be alright now
    Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 02:11

have to agree on most of that arnie. we have lots of greedy players who want the headlines,

maybe its because they feel they need to inpress to keep there place,

when defoe did score 2 goals he then got dropped,
    when pav scores he tends to get dropped.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Aug 28 2011, 02:22

I think theres to much of that going on at the moment Lought and its up to the management to get on top of it ..

Chavs 1 Norwich 1 ....nice goal for Delias canaries ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 03 2024, 23:52