The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ionman34
anicoll5
DJSR
djfitzo
BazSpur
9 posters

Match Thread Vs Chelsea

djfitzo
    International
    International

Match Thread Vs Chelsea - Page 6 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Chelsea

Post by djfitzo Fri Dec 30 2011, 20:10

anicoll5 wrote:What subject ? you start on about AFC not scoring goals - I point out we have scored exactly the same number as you - you say ah ha but Rvp scores most of em - I say so what - most of 'em my Sandra could score - what f*cking subject exactly is there ?

Do you reckon the deadly clinical display Robin produced at Wolves was a shining example to youngsters everywhere ? Or do you reckon we should look to deadly Defoe - or even better Superpav - to give us a few tips on hitting the back of the net ? (steady Lought)

As you are bored Dave have a question - when is the last season Spuds scored more PL goals than AFC ? Have a look in your big book cyclops

Dont know and dont care, all I care about is the present.

But I guess your happy and not at all worried that the most important few months of Arsenals recent history will see
    you with RVP and now and 34 year old ex striker.

You can do what you normally do when you post on here to try and wind people up by being selective with your posts, like
    Billy could have walked, Modric dived blah blah blah, but a simple question like who will score your goals if RVP gets
    injured you sidetrack and dont want to debate and like Ion says, its the points that count and you drop them when he doesnt score.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Dec 30 2011, 22:14

anicoll5 wrote:Oh absolutely mate - that is why I am surprised that Spuds fans want have an argument about goals scored - on the dubious basis of having scored the exactly same number as us in the league

Modric a bit cagey this morning donchathink ? "I intend to be hear til June then we'll see" - probably wants see whats on offer come the Summer - at Spuds and elsewhere

To be honest, can't really blame him mate. Having said that, I can't see him going anywhere so long as we pay him the going rate and we are able to show that we are a serious title challenger. Maintaining or improving our current position will, IMO, ensure he stays with us for the immediate future. Constant challenge will keep him longer. But keep him indefinitely? Can't see it at all. If/once he manages to win the title with us, I can see him looking to try his luck in another league. There are few of the top players in the World who do not want to do this.

For now, I'm confident that he'll be with us for next season, after that is in the lap of the Gods. What I am really confident of is us keeping Modders longer than you will manage to keep Crystal Ken.[b][i]

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 22:40

anicoll5 wrote:

As for the scorers you do have I love how Bale shapes an imaginary a*rsehole with his fingers and kisses it after each goal to mock the meeja's unhealthy interest in him. Very witty.

Funny that nic ! i always thought it was a heart he was doing that to, sounds like you got some nasty habits young sir. lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 30 2011, 22:48

I am asking myself why Modric would go to Chelski anyway? They are a spent force at the minute and they are not looking to change that any time soon. Yes. the Russian will flash the money to try and perk them up but with an aging squad I don't think they will be perking up this Jan window or even in the Summer window. Why would the really big players go to Chelski when City are the club throwing the big shekels around and far more than Chelski can hope to throw around. If Modric moved to Chelski I think it would be a big mistake (Look at Torres). He is far more likely to flourish at Manure or one of the big clubs abroad. Alternatively if Levy offers him a decent deal he could further flourish at Spurs where he seems to be enjoying himself.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31 2011, 02:24

BazSpur wrote:I am asking myself why Modric would go to Chelski anyway? They are a spent force at the minute and they are not looking to change that any time soon. Yes. the Russian will flash the money to try and perk them up but with an aging squad I don't think they will be perking up this Jan window or even in the Summer window. Why would the really big players go to Chelski when City are the club throwing the big shekels around and far more than Chelski can hope to throw around. If Modric moved to Chelski I think it would be a big mistake (Look at Torres). He is far more likely to flourish at Manure or one of the big clubs abroad. Alternatively if Levy offers him a decent deal he could further flourish at Spurs where he seems to be enjoying himself.

Repped mr baz " nice post and good reasoning about modric.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Dec 31 2011, 05:55

Thanks Lew.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Dec 31 2011, 10:12

" I am asking why Modric would go to Chelsea"

He is a player they need a lot more than Citeh and I doubt Manyoo could match either with serious cash - Croats do like Italy though and subject to them conjuring the Euros up I see a trip to Serie A as at least as likely as anywhere in the EPL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 15:57