The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
MarkA249
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
7 posters

Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post by MarkA249 Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:01

ok then lought clever clogs if kightly was running down thw wing clean through VDV is after him do u think he would catch him no if it was Bale yes
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post by DJSR Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:01

we wasnt with it today, looked tired and lacking of idea's. the sub baffled me to, harry usually takes vdv off, why lennon i dont know, and he should bring another striker on to try and get the win. 2 points dropped, god i hate wolves there are bogey team.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:03

B A S T A R D ! ! ! 2pts deffo dropped there. AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:04

should of brought Pav on rose for ekotto thats the dumbest thing he could of done or even brought kranky on let him shoot from distance
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:05

Yep, title winners beat cloggers like Wolves.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:05

omg vdv is more then pace. he can spot a pass like modric.
    and why fk would i want bale and vdv chashing back in last 10 mins thats our defenders job

what did bale do today apart from fk up free kicks again and again and again world class lmao
    put him back to left wing cos this free role aint working

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:07

i forgot about kranker that would off been good.

i would of took off ade and bale for pav and defoe and gone 442.

everytime ade wins the ball theres nobody near him its not rocket science why we not score loads of goals lately
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:10

lOUGHT THE MUSIC YOUR ON ABOUT AT HALF TIME, IF IT WAS THE SAME AS I WAS WATCHING IT WAS KASABIAN..... FIRE!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:16

cheers roper ill youtube it soon. stupid results put me in bad mood all weekend now.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:26

Tottenham 1 - 1 Wolverhampton

Match Thread Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Page 3 _57887129_57887128
    Luka Modric levelled for Tottenham, who are two points off the top

Tottenham missed the chance to go level on points with the Premier League leaders as they were held by Wolves.

Steven Fletcher put the visitors ahead with their first attack, prodding home from close range after Brad Friedel parried a Roger Johnson header.

Luka Modric drew Spurs level with a 20-yard drive after Gareth Bale's lay-off but the goal failed to spark the hosts.

Wolves defended resolutely, with keeper Wayne Hennessey staying alert to deny Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe.

This was a deflating end to an hitherto excellent week for Tottenham, who beat Everton 2-0 on Wednesday and could have gone joint top of the league, albeit with an inferior goal difference, had they defeated struggling Wolves.

But after it required four months of white hot form for Spurs' title challenge to finally be taken seriously, they undid some of their fine recent work with a lacklustre 90 minutes.

Wolves' goal had an element of fortune, with some controversy about the corner that lead to it, but Mick McCarthy's industrious side were good value for a point that will ease some of the pressure on their manager.

After a confident start from the hosts, in which Modric thrice tried his luck but failed to hit the target, Wolves took the lead against the run of play.

From a Matt Jarvis corner, Johnson's header was superbly clawed away by Friedel but only as far as Fletcher, who gleefully tucked home from six yards.

Spurs were livid, with replays showing that the corner should not have been given as the last touch appeared to come off Wolves' Dave Edwards.

Tottenham almost hit back straight away but Gareth Bale could only fire straight at the keeper after finding some space in the box.

The hosts could not turn possession into clear-cut chances for the remainder of the half - the closest they came was an Emmanuel Adebayor strike rightly ruled out for offside.

Wolves, meanwhile, looked dangerous on the break and Edwards could have doubled their lead but he spooned an effort wide from 12 yards after being teed up by Jarvis

The unfancied visitors started the second half brightly as Emmanuel Frimpong, on loan from Arsenal, forced a good stop from Brad Friedel.

But moments later, Spurs were level with the simplest of attacks: Bale laid the ball back to Modric 20 yards out and the Croatian's low drive went under Wayne Hennessey.

Modric then almost put Spurs ahead with a similar effort from the edge of the box but this time Hennessey stopped it, before also denying Lennon on the rebound.

Just when it looked as if Spurs were taking control, the intensity of the game dropped and the hosts were restricted to wayward pot-shots from distance from the on.

Redknapp brought on Jermain Defoe to add some attacking urgency and the striker quickly saw an effort saved by the legs of Hennessey.

But there was no final flourish from the hosts, perhaps feeling the effect of playing two games in a week, and Wolves held out comfortably.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp will hope his side soon return to winning ways and revive the credence of their title credentials, and they'll have the perfect chance to do so in their next match - a trip to leaders Manchester City on 22 January.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:26

TOTTENHAM V WOLVES

Possession

Tottenham 57%
    Wolves 43%

Attempts on target

Tottenham 10
    Wolves 3

Attempts off target

Tottenham 12
    Wolves 2

Corners

Tottenham 8
    Wolves 1

Fouls

Tottenham 6
    Wolves 12

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:27

Oh boy those stats would have made such fine reading if only we could have scored a second . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:37

A bit gutted at the mo, but i wint fret too long. Now looking to City next week!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:37

More p*ssed that Crawley knocked me outta £880
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Jan 15 2012, 05:21

Difficult to get through Wolves at the Emirates, get past one and another body appears, get past that and another, and finally Hennessy is in your way - and they scrapped a point that day too Suspect

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 06:26

dawson nothng to do aganst everton then one thing to do today and gets outjumped today for the goal and looked shaky
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jan 15 2012, 06:53

i was at the game today, jumped up when ade put it in. was he offside? didnt replay it on the big screen.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 15 2012, 06:55

No he wasn't Shear. Replays showed it was good.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jan 15 2012, 06:56

that makes it feel even worse baz
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 15 2012, 07:00

Tell me about it mate.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 08:27

roper your right its fire. tunnnnnne i feel like im waitng for the game to start. cheers
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jan 15 2012, 11:01

They were the support band to Oasis at the SOL a few years back and that tune live is awesome mate
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jan 15 2012, 11:04

Apparently i wasnt going to fret on this result for too long but the more drink i put away, oh and watch MOTD and saw how they made us look like complete tools am seething and i will be seething till we put City away next week (or until i put my fist through something, which ever comes first)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:22