The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
djfitzo
MarkA249
DJSR
ArnieArdiles
vis
9 posters

Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers

vis
    vis

Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers

Post by vis Mon Sep 24 2012, 03:06

2 shots on target so far Mark . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers

Post by vis Mon Sep 24 2012, 03:07

COYS . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 24 2012, 03:23

YIDDOS . . . ..
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Sep 24 2012, 03:59

2nd half more like it should of done it at the start started Vertonghen left back and started Caulker just like i said lol! need to play at lot better next week at Old Trafford though
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:01

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss . . . ..
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:07

Big Vertonghen ooozes class Centre half left back great at both and that tackle was outstanding on Hoilett signing of the season ? early days but could be
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:07

Firstly full respect & credit to QPR. They came with a team & a game plan and, it has to be said, were unlucky not to get a point. But do I care? Of course I don't lmao . . . .

1st half by us was poor but not awful. Conceded possession far too easily. 2nd half so much better. That's that monkey off AVB's & the teams back. Onwards and upwards. Big V is something special . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:11

vis wrote:Firstly full respect & credit to QPR. They came with a team & a game plan and, it has to be said, were unlucky not to get a point. But do I care? Of course I don't lmao . . . .

1st half by us was poor but not awful. Conceded possession far too easily. 2nd half so much better. That's that monkey off AVB's & the teams back. Onwards and upwards. Big V is something special . . . .

What Vis said ...saves me typing it out. cheers 2

I do like Caulker and Verts very much ..

we won at home !crazy

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:19

one thing that winds me up is our players are so greedy in front of goal. they could easy set each other up but went for glory

big teams dont do that.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:21

Once again, AVB does it right. Saw his own mistake in the first half, changed it in the second and we looked completely different. A few things that stick out for me... Caulker is looking better than Gallas and Vertonghen is the best player we have.

Once we get injuries sorted out to Ade, Benny and Naughton I think we'll be able to control home games a lot better. A wins a win though and a team that wins when they weren't the best on the field tend to be a very good side.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:31

Odd stats these after the way QPR played so well and almost put us to the sword . . . .

Possession
    Spurs 52% QPR 48%

Shots
    Spurs 18 QPR 9

On Target
    Spurs 14 QPR 6

Corners
    Spurs 10 QPR 9

Fouls
    Spurs 7 QPR 12

If you just looked at them you would think we completely bossed the game yet QPR made us work as hard as any team we have played for sometime . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:35

I thought QPR's possesion play was superior to ours but our counter attacks better than theirs.

We mugged them off a deserved point which was the least they deserved but they did the same to us last season at Loftus Road.

They did alright with all their new signings so I'm expecting them to soon climb up the table.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 04:56

play crap and win. love it

i would rest jan bale lennon dembelle on wednsday

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 05:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:one thing that winds me up is our players are so greedy in front of goal. they could easy set each other up but went for glory

big teams dont do that.

Guess this time last year harry would have been to blame lought ?LOL.
    Avb is god then lought ?
    BSflag

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 05:20

well harry was 4 years into the job when he couldnt beat wolves at home then lost to stoke then blew 13 point lead.

avb been here 5 mins and is slowly changing things for the better.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 24 2012, 05:32

Nice to see we are ALL finally happy with a Spurs win . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 24 2012, 05:41

vis wrote:Nice to see we are ALL finally happy with a Spurs win . . . . .

I'm a little like Sheldon on TBBT when it comes to

Is this an Oh moment for me too Vis
    ? Surprised
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 24 2012, 06:19

Just seen the goals on espn goals Caulkers header back for equaliser and big v carry to set up the winner. Like Lought said and others on Facebook would Harry have made the tactical changes to win the game

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 06:48

at half time tony gale said at last avb has changed things around. what an idiot not many managers changes things before half time.

some managers dont change things untill 60/70 mins

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 07:38

Match Thread Versus Queens Park Rangers - Page 2 388815_251913404931044_1618910876_n
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Sep 24 2012, 09:17

maybe harry wouldnt have needed to make any changes if we were set up properly from the start? just a thought, considering rangers were first to every lose ball/bad pass in the first half.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 09:51

well harry didnt do many things rignt in that spell we lost a 13point lead.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 09:51

wouldnt it be good if we go and score at man u next week. something we never did at there place in the league under harry
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:09

Do you feel confident, I don't ,our passing is just not sharp enough.good movement is broken down to easily With sloppy passes and dwelling to long on the ball

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:17

but this is our 3rd game with our new players.

when ade fit he will get back in the team then the ball will stick up the other end.

defoe scoring goals but thats it.

i though jan and bale worked well down the left second half

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 04:01