The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 My biggest fear EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 My biggest fear EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 My biggest fear EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 My biggest fear EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 My biggest fear EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 My biggest fear EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 My biggest fear EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 My biggest fear EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 My biggest fear EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

My biggest fear Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

My biggest fear

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

My biggest fear Empty My biggest fear

Post by Boltjean Tue Apr 22 2014, 05:53

I know I will probably be the only one to read this as it feels these day's that all the posters have been abducted by aliens. Anyway, nearly the end of the season and it looks as though all we are going to get out of it is to be rewarded with a place in the dreaded Europa Cup, I don't think United want to compete in it and would be happier finishing seventh as would I. When does it start, July?, I for one hope we go out in the early stages. The end of the season could see us parting company with Sherwood thank God, a manager that loans out a player who gave his all for the club when playing, Holtby, and has now dropped another, Sandro. What worries me is come the end of the season who else will we be parting company with. Vertonghen and Lloris both state they want Champions League football, so does every player in the Premiership, could Levy be tempted by a big money offer for Eriksen?, also will Paulinho and Holtby move on?. Then there are question marks hanging over Soldado and Lamela, will they be happy to remain at the club or are they thinking they would be better off at another club as they have found it hard to adapt to life in the Premiership. Again what worries me is what we will be left with and could lead to us struggling next season, Rose, Naughton, Dembele, Fryers, Dawson, and players currently out on loan Carroll, Livermore and Ekotto. At the beginning of the season we all had a dream, finishing in the top four and playing in the Champions League, I now fear that we are now about to be faced with a nightmare in the coming months.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

My biggest fear Empty Re: My biggest fear

Post by totalytot Tue Apr 22 2014, 08:42

I'm still here Len and I agree with you about being worried about our future.

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago that this season has set us back at least 5 years. We have missed a golden opportunity to move forward and establish ourselves as a top 4 team.

Just a couple of seasons ago we were in the last 8 of the CL and looking forward to a great future. We had Bale and just needed a couple of players to make us a really strong team. Levy dithered Again in the transfer window and we didn't get the striker we so desperately needed.

Then when Bale goes we buy to many ordinary and .......to quote Sherwood.....to many players of the same style and ability.

When you look at how Liverpool have built a great side with half our spend when everybody said they had no chance in top 6 let alone winning the fucking title. Then of course there is Everton no money just a couple of loaned players and of course a very good manager.

The future certainly doesn't look good for us at the moment and I agree most of our top players will probably leave in the summer especially after the world cup shop window. Possibly 5 or 6 like Vert, Eriksen, Paulinio, Lloris, Soldado and maybe even Walker.

To be honest the way most of them have played this season other than Eriksen I don't give a shit if they do go. Most have played like spoilt brats.

In my opinion even if there is a mass exodus in the summer it's unlikely we will atract any top players without us being in the CL.

We have become a joke with the media and other supporters the way we spent and wasted 100 mil and acheived nothing.

I think it will be a long way back if we ever get there at all.

Mikey M
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Tue Apr 22 2014, 08:59

anyone notice everton are playing a young center back whos 19 and is doing well

plus barkley ossman naysmith and the best left back in the prem in leighton bains.

anyway it looks like we may have missed out on the dutch manager now it looks like david moyers has been sacked. he will prob go to man u now.

anyway back to levy it just goes to show that if you keep your best players you can win the league.

superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Tue Apr 22 2014, 09:03

My biggest fear 10247410_542225075898452_2767469118844266115_n

please no lol
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership