The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WALNUT - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WALNUT - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
MarkA249
BazSpur
spurslegend
7 posters

WALNUT

WALNUT - Page 2 Empty Re: WALNUT

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 01:53

Well spotted Baz and I stand 'umbly corrected lol. OK 1 minute it is then otherwise all bets are off . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 01:56

lol, england of course lought, my place of birth has not changed because theo aint made it, i think this could be jsut what theo needed tbh, he may get his a*se into gear next season and the rest will do him no harm.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 02 2010, 01:57

VisionarySound wrote:Well spotted Baz and I stand 'umbly corrected lol. OK 1 minute it is then otherwise all bets are off . . . . . . .

WALNUT - Page 2 Lol

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 03:03

didnt theo say hes happy wiv hes arsenal and england form 2 days ago lol we are happy and so is the na tion happy he will be stayin at home prob off to some youth club. just wish hesky the donkey and upson would of been dropped aswell

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 03:33

staying home wont do theo any harm lought, this could even be the making of him. im quite liking the idea now, i am very surprised by it but i will sleep tonight, i think heskey and upson have earned there places as well, heskey for all his faults is a good foil for rooney and upson has stepped in and done well, the squad is ok but we need to play well to get past the last 16 and the knockout stage.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 04:01

he needs to get out of arsenal . hes not a winger yet they keep playing him there, he needs to be played up front or in the middle

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 04:23

maybe lought, hes still a kid his time will come.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 05:51

BazSpur wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:Lennon missed a sitter WALNUT - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

He did Mark but as all the commentators will say. At least he was in the right place. Next time he will probably score.

You'll note that I didn't defend Walcott.
    It's a bit awkward to comment now after the event so to speak, I DID think he would go, I'm NOT surprised he hasn't gone. Walcott looks good running onto the ball around about the half way line and then... errrr... that's about it.
    I've had two seasons of it. He was better at the start, now he looks for a sitter all the time. The proverbial walk it into the net setup.
    I feel sorry for the lad having been burdened with the first call up at age 17. I still think he will mature, he's still quite young, and this knock back could well be the making of him.

Who do you think it was between? Lennon v walcott or SWP v walcott in Cappello's eyes?
    Good luck to Lennon and SWP. For me, I still don't like the way Lennon runs, I'd have SWP in at Arsenal, he fits the bill, a shorta*se that runs like a maniac WALNUT - Page 2 Lol

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 05:54

spurslegend wrote:but walnuts english and the club hes at is arsenal what chance has he got

Please explain what other chance he needs Dave WALNUT - Page 2 Icon_question

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 06:16

Didn't his own club manager give him the big-up with Sven when just 17 Mark ? He gets the ball, runs towards the other end of the pitch and falls over ! Great skill if you can master it ! Like you I thought he would he go but TBH I'm glad he's not as SWP offers far much more as cover for Lennon . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 07:57

lol vis, i am very surprised to be honest as you can probably tell by my foot in the mouth bet i had last night with u, but totally from an england point of veiw i think he should of gone, he has something and would be very dangerous with 20 min to go running at tired defences, he contributed during the campaign with goals and has played at a high level, he was the only player in our side that made an intrnational barcelona defence look ropey for 15 min the other week, im not too sure what swp has done that betters that, but cappello obviously sees it different and im now seeing the positives if this happening, theo will go 1 of 2 ways imo, he will either take the hump and rebel, or get his nut down and strive for better, hes 21 with future ahead of him, i would like to think he will take the second option.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 08:14

He may even do a Lennon and add the final pieces to his over-all game Burgs . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2010, 09:13

i would of took him but wouldnt be a starter. i would of left upson behind as u have rio terry carrigar and king all can play center back. upson wont get played so whats the point , waste of a sub just like 3 goalies
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu Jun 03 2010, 02:26

walnut needs to play english football hes never going to be able to do that at a non english club

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03 2010, 02:52

well said dave theo needs to leave them lot. its why joe cole wont go to them as he wil feel like a stranger if he went there
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Jun 03 2010, 04:57

burger777 wrote:lol its yours vis, hatricks in craotia get soon forgotten in modern footy, let me know where u want me to send my 5 ver.

The hatricks not forgotten,,,,,,,,,,,,, Burger. He just can't continue to do nothing in an England shirt & live off the back of it. Simple AS!

I'm sick and tied of hearing about Wingnut's speed, but he's no faster than Lennon or SWP. Plus they contribute a lot more to the game. He can only run fast with the ball at his feet in a straight line & has no tricks if pace doesn't work then he doesn't work. His end product is at best pitiful since his Croatia wonder game. I don't mind calling it a wonder game as he showed that day what a player he could be & spent every waking minute after going backwards Mate.

Having said that i would have taken him in place of SWP's,,,,,,,,,,,,, in hope we do get another wonder game out of him. We know all about SWP's & he's just not up to it even on his very best day. Even if his end product is still better than Theo's at the moment.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03 2010, 05:11

no one is spouting about him and we sort agree he should go, walcott has been poor for us but he shows glimpses of brilliance, is this enough to go to a world cup, i dont know. from what im hearing theres a few factors, his u21 petulance and his talking to the media about the situation did not go down well with cappelo and the fact millner and possibly swp can go in at right back helped there cause, now like i said on anther post this may be the kick up the a*se the spoilt little brat needs, hes 21 jim and has alot to offer, thats 1 thing u can belive me on.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 03 2010, 05:58

I agree Burgs, he has a lot to offer and I think you know he has to offer it ASAP otherwise even Wenger will lose patience.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03 2010, 06:13

why does everyone go on about the hat trick. england was 2 0 up and croatia just had a man sent off and was chasen the game.
    anway i stil think he should be at least in the sqaud

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03 2010, 07:47

spurslegend wrote:walnut needs to play english football hes never going to be able to do that at a non english club

http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players
    I've posted before and will continue to do so.
    Our 35 man reserves & youth squad contains 10 overseas players, 1 Irishman, & TWENTY FOUR ENGLISH PLAYERS.

Whilst we might have a non English style of playing, with the likes of Shawcross out there I think i'm happy about that. Let them clog away at each other.
    Our style draws the accolades.
    And before you start on about "no silverware" I say enjoy the intermission while it lasts. It's only a matter of time, and won't be as long as 50 years before normal service is resumed.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03 2010, 08:27

Hmmmmmmmm glad to see you've adjusted ya figures Mark, lol ! Seriousley how many of these yoof team players will make the grade at yours ? I posted elsewhere about Englands U-17's. Your team had 1 player , my team none, fair enuff. But the vast majority were from Muddlesboro & other so-called lower league teams ! The thing with yoof players is that maybe 10% (probably a bit less but I ain't nit picking) will come thro'. For you thats 2.4 players. Not a bad return, but will they make it into constant 1st team football ? I wonder ? Back to the thread about lil theo anyway. He runs, he runs, he runs, he runs, he runs, he runs, he falls over. Even Lennon as a starter was not that naive. I have stated I prefer SWP to be there as at least he can send a ball over. I have also stated that IMO lil theo would be better plying his trade elsewhere. Someone used Bale as a comparison to lil theo. Maybe Bale has had a better manager for his style of play ? End of the day lil theo has not yet justified his hype and Cappello thought the same regardless of one performence against an, on the day, very poor Croatia . . . . .. .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 03 2010, 08:33

Our 35 man reserves & youth squad contains 10
    overseas players, 1 Irishman, & TWENTY FOUR ENGLISH PLAYERS.

That may be so but how many play regularly for the first team? You keep posting about 24 "English Players" and I will keep asking how many play for the First team. Its all a bit boring really.
    By the way isn't Aaron Ramsey Welsh which makes him not English? WALNUT - Page 2 Icon_eek How many more of the so called "24 English Players" aren't English? Hmmmmmm. Unless you are including Ramsey along with the overseas players lol.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03 2010, 08:47

Baz it used to be about 30 or so of 'em till I done the research and Mark revised his figures ! Most of 'em are about 15 or 16 years old and I stand by my, very fair, figure of no more than 10% of 'em making the 1st team squad. As for regular football ? LOL thats up to the ole myopic one . . . . . WALNUT - Page 2 99038
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 03 2010, 08:57

Spot on Vis.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03 2010, 09:53

Vis, the question(s) that you ask, such as "how many will make it" is unanswerable, and is the essence to why all of us return year after year to see *if*.
    I point it out so that slurs about Arsenal not caring about the development of young (English, British) national players are shown for what they are. I cannot argue against our first team squad being made up of mainly overseas players, but like it or not, the modern game has changed to a more no nonsense commercial operation, and players at the right price fit into this business model better.
    If your interested, 12 (including Merida just joined A Madrid) of the 35 have made first team debuts, and although not wishing to open up the mickey mouse cup debate as well, a few of these have only figured in CC action.
    The "it was about 30 before" figure comes about due to the constantly rotating of players out on loan. You'll see that Wilshire and Traore don't figure in the reserve squad any longer, although they are regulars for them (Wilshire on loan to Bolton of course).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 17:18