The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
MarkA249
LOBO
7 posters

Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 30 2011, 20:56

I agree about the turnout Lobs. Very disappointing. It's a sign of the times. I really think there are too many games. I think supporters would be more interested if Fifa turned it back to what it used to be. A home and away knockout competition. Supporters are not really interested until it gets to the knockout stages. I think we could win this competition this season. We certainly have the squad to do it.

Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30 2011, 22:28

Shamrock Rovers 'worried' Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp

Match Thread Vs Shamrock Rovers - Page 2 _55736647_harry
    Spurs recovered from 1-0 down against minnows Shamrock Rovers

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admitted he was "worried" for his team in their Europa League match against Shamrock Rovers.

Spurs trailed the Irish side 1-0 but eventually won their Group A match 3-1.

"They got the first goal and I was worried," he said. "But we were always going to create chances and it was just a matter of putting them away.

"When you pay players a lot all you can ask is that they work hard and this group do."

Stephen Rice put Shamrock Rovers ahead after 50 minutes but Roman Pavlyuchenko's equaliser on the hour was the first of three Tottenham goals in five minutes. Jermain Defoe and Giovani dos Santos scored the others.

Rovers manager Michael O'Neill admitted dreaming of what might have been when his side went ahead.

"I kept looking at the clock and it was telling us there was a long way to go still," he said. "You do start to think 'can we actually see this out?'

"Ultimately, Tottenham's pace and freshness overcame us in the last half-hour but the players gave every ounce of effort. They played with great heart even when the score went to 3-1. They were a credit to themselves, the club and the League of Ireland.

"We were going to get a reaction [from Spurs] when we scored. After scoring we played well and they seemed to be knocked out of their stride but you look at the bench and who they can introduce into the game and you begin to fear at that point."

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 02:57

we played well. pav missed a lot but had a decent game and hes movement was good,

gio mom easy . carrol played well

defoe was shocking first half and lennon stil cant cross,
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 01 2011, 03:16

BazSpur wrote:I agree about the turnout Lobs. Very disappointing. It's a sign of the times. I really think there are too many games. I think supporters would be more interested if Fifa turned it back to what it used to be. A home and away knockout competition. Supporters are not really interested until it gets to the knockout stages. I think we could win this competition this season. We certainly have the squad to do it.

Yea totally agree with that, to many games .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:14